It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Tea Party Member speaks out.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Logarock

Well now big brother is frikken broke, I don't know what is going to happen to people now, who paid in money forcefully taken from their paycheck for their SS and medicaid when they get old. They expected that big brother was going to take care of them, because he promised he would. I feel sorry for the old people that were duped.

Well now really its not these old people that are going to pay even though they may have been forced or duped. It is those that were born 1960 and after, that were born into the paying system that are going to get the rude awakening.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

To be honest, our group rarely even brings that up. We're Constitutionalists.
Just one step at a time.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

True, and it isn't even only the government run either. A lot of people that have been paying into a company pension fund too are getting shafted, because their companies are going out of business, or looking to find ways to fire people before the pension time even comes. The companies that care are going under, the cut throat ones stay afloat.

edit on Sat, 15 Jan 2011 10:18:47 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat, 15 Jan 2011 10:19:11 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Or just got flat ripped off during the last shake down. You know "market conditions" turndowns ect ect.

I talked to a retired cop the other day. He said that he had the option of only one SS or PEP and they wouldnt give him at least what he paid into SS over all those years. They kept it! This is happening and it shows also a certain amount of federalization that has taken over in local police departments. What I mean is its none of the SS administrations business if someone had payed into another program.

My dad gets SSI and PEP but he wasnt a cop. But they may get around to him some day. WOW they screw these cops! Screw whats close to you I guess, hurt those that love us. lol

Its this type of thing that drive a lot of the TP. Real issues unaddressed by ither party. Folks can smell it in the air the screw is on.

And then idots come in here feeling out the TP over these lightning rod issues and other really dumb stuff. Probably party hacks trying to trap TPers into saying something "racist" or "homophobic" ect so they can dump on the whole thing. Take your sex and race issues somewhere else for petes sake! yours

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Calm down little fella. I also voted for ron paul and attended a tea party or 2 back in the day.

I was just pointing out that many people in the tea party these days don't know where it originated.

I realize there are alot of different beliefs in the Tea Party.

I just upsets me that the newcomers to the tea party, tend to put foreign policy on the back burner. Some even make fun of Ron Paul. lol

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

And that is when you have to inform them.

Sorry, I get a little upset when everyone is put into a box.

I think Paul and Palin have to get together and bind the two components of the movement. I would definitely appreciate a few things to be said by Palin. I have attempted to draft a couple different emails to Palin but it never seems to come together correctly. Maybe I will send one to C4L and ask them to look into a possible little summit with her.

Later.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

DId you say Ron paul turned into Sarah Palin?? What?? maybe I have that out of context. WHAT??

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

I am assuming they meant that ron paul was seen as an influential person, then it got hijacked and all of a sudden sara palin was the influential person most connected to the movement by the MSM.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Oh okay I was about to explode. Okay false alarm everyone back to your stations.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

No I was saying that the face of the tea party magically switched from Ron Paul to Sarah Palin.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Hi. My name is Beezzer, and I'm a Tea Partier. I have been for over a year now.
(Hi, Beezzer!)

Seriously? There are some here who have refered Laughtner (killer, et al) as a hero to the Tea Party. Oh really?

I became a Tea Party member because of the adherence to the Constitution. It's a personal favorite. Kinda like the Magna Carta but without the thee's and thou's.

I pay careful attention not just because I am an American but because I'm bi-passport. English as well. So I've seen America from the outside as well as the inside.
The group I belong to doesn't kill people. We don't like serial killers either. Some of us hunt, some drink, some smoke, some do that "hippy" thing too. But it's cool.

We just don't like big government. ANY big government. Left, right. . . . it doesn't matter.

We trade ideas on retirement plans because we don't expect social security. We have doctors and nurses in our little group that swap medical approaches in case obamacare takes hold. None of us are on welfare. Many of us are former military.

We don't have shrines to Dick Chenney, Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, or Rush.
(I actually have one shrine to Sandra Bullock, but that's a different thread!)

Why the left, the media, many posters here try to paint us as rabid haters is beyond me.

I thought I'd provide a forum for those that like the Tea Party to speak their mind, also for those who hate the Tea Party an oppourtunity to maybe learn a little or just a place for those that do hate us just to say I hate you.
It's cool. Nothing personal.

Mods, as this may be a heated thread, if any post, may we have a little freedom, those that are angry may feel a need to express themselves and I want to give them a chance.

So step right up! Only only one dollar! Get a chance to talk to a real live Tea Party member!

edit on 14-1-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

I use to talk about the republicans and the tea party and all that stuff,but after the shotting, and after palin said what she said the other day,i really feal sorry for you all now,its not even worth it any more.
That little girls blood is on right wings hands,you all are to evil and ungodly to even consider talking about any more.
No need to reply,the angels and the spirits around me would find it shamful to even consider talking to ..such humans as you all are.

Words and rhetoric got those people killed ,and there is no way to get around that....period !
Its the american republicans way,and death and destruction and keeping humans poor, and keeping the rich ,richer,this is what you all do,its how you live, and its in your blood ,but thats what the devils children do,your all doing a good job,keep up the hate and killing of innocent people as well as the innocent defencless animals that you love to kill.

I would pray for you all,but when going to hell is inevitable ,why waist it.
no replys,the force is very dark today.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

That's too bad. My oldest son is gay and is having a tough time of it. But how do you "become" a racist? I thought you either were one, or you weren't.

She would not feel comfortable in our group. We have them folks with different skin colours there.
edit on 14-1-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I suspect he's simply lying. It certainly doesn't fit any of the Tea Party members I know in south Florida.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

I'm sorry you feel that way. I really am. If you feel the need to talk about it to someone who you consider an "adversary" please do. I honestly think that there is common ground here.
We really aren't bad people.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
I agree with BH. There is nothing wrong with being a tea partier however there are tea partiers that are all wrong. Like the video shows. Also it is up to the SCOTUS to determine the constitutionality of things not the tea party.

I agree. We just want an honest interpretation. Not one that iscoloured" by political motivation.
Disgusting...

I imagine now you'll deny that this is a racist jab at the black(colored) president....

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Prove it. You claim that the blood is on our hands. Provide proof. You made the claim, you have the burden of proof.

Sorry to everyone else I lost my cool earlier, I am sick of trolls on the TV, and trolls on here trying to blame the tea party without any proof.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
ATTENTION

Please discuss the topic -- A Tea Party Member speaks out. and not each other.

Thank you

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join