It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Tea Party Member speaks out.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Hi. My name is Beezzer, and I'm a Tea Partier. I have been for over a year now.
(Hi, Beezzer!)

Seriously? There are some here who have refered Laughtner (killer, et al) as a hero to the Tea Party. Oh really?

I became a Tea Party member because of the adherence to the Constitution. It's a personal favorite. Kinda like the Magna Carta but without the thee's and thou's.

I pay careful attention not just because I am an American but because I'm bi-passport. English as well. So I've seen America from the outside as well as the inside.
The group I belong to doesn't kill people. We don't like serial killers either. Some of us hunt, some drink, some smoke, some do that "hippy" thing too. But it's cool.

We just don't like big government. ANY big government. Left, right. . . . it doesn't matter.

We trade ideas on retirement plans because we don't expect social security. We have doctors and nurses in our little group that swap medical approaches in case obamacare takes hold. None of us are on welfare. Many of us are former military.

We don't have shrines to Dick Chenney, Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, or Rush.
(I actually have one shrine to Sandra Bullock, but that's a different thread!)

Why the left, the media, many posters here try to paint us as rabid haters is beyond me.

I thought I'd provide a forum for those that like the Tea Party to speak their mind, also for those who hate the Tea Party an oppourtunity to maybe learn a little or just a place for those that do hate us just to say I hate you.
It's cool. Nothing personal.

Mods, as this may be a heated thread, if any post, may we have a little freedom, those that are angry may feel a need to express themselves and I want to give them a chance.

So step right up! Only only one dollar! Get a chance to talk to a real live Tea Party member!

edit on 14-1-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yeah, people love to take stabs at us "rightwing fringe nutjob racist teaparty members" it seems. I am not left wing, I am not right wing, you really do need a little of both wings if you would like to fly

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

It's easy to hate a "label". It's a lot tougher when that "label" has a human face. A name. A life, a story. When that label becomes a person then ideologies tend to blur.
Thanks for posting!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
So to be clear, do you speak for all people that claim TEA party affiliation? Are the things you will say and the answers you will give to be THE things and answers or just yours? What of these folks?
Are they not TEA partiers? I see at least a few that would seem to have Beck shrines. I just want to be clear because I see many claim that there is no "TEA party" just regular folks that care about America. That would indicate to me that among the TEA party folks, I might find some people that have very different answers from yours. So, help me understand the point of speaking out for the TEA party. Is there an official line?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Congratulations on your choice to be a Tea Party member!
I agree with a lot of the ideas I've heard come from there, but they are being used by the right AND left for nefarious purposes, I'm afraid. So I wish you good luck in forming the party to be what it was originally meant to be before being hijacked for political gain.

Now, as regards people saying that Loughner is a Tea Party hero... Don't you know they're just saying that to get your goat (piss you off)? It's a political bait maneuver. Don't take the bait. Don't fall for it.

While it's probably true that there is at least one person who considers themselves a Tea Party member that thinks what Loughner did is cool, the vast majority of people (including you guys) think his actions are despicable. Most of us know that.
Fear not. And my advice? Don't fight it. Ignore it.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The thing about the "Tea Party" is that it isn't one group...so I don't think you can speak for all of them.

IF it is one big organization...then Fox News has told me that Sarah Palin is your leader...is that true?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

I speak for me. An individual. I believe strongly in personal responsibility. I am a member, but I can't vouch for all members everywhere.
I wouldn't want to.
Perhaps it would have been better if I pointed out that I am ONE VOICE in a choir. Can't tell you about the other singers.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I've seen many of your posts, can't say I agree with all of them, but you provide such a good argument that I've been hesitent to post. Thank you, and I'll take your advice.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I agree with BH. There is nothing wrong with being a tea partier however there are tea partiers that are all wrong. Like the video shows. Also it is up to the SCOTUS to determine the constitutionality of things not the tea party.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
The thing about the "Tea Party" is that it isn't one group...so I don't think you can speak for all of them.

IF it is one big organization...then Fox News has told me that Sarah Palin is your leader...is that true?

Nope. Not in our group. Some like her, actually MOST like her, but many feel that she isn't presidential material.
So no. If we had to pick a leader, it'd be the guy or gal that brought Krispy Kremes to the meeting that day.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
I agree with BH. There is nothing wrong with being a tea partier however there are tea partiers that are all wrong. Like the video shows. Also it is up to the SCOTUS to determine the constitutionality of things not the tea party.

I agree. We just want an honest interpretation. Not one that is"coloured" by political motivation.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Was my observation also...

And the OP is aware as well...

We don't have shrines to Dick Chenney, Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, or Rush.
(I actually have one shrine to Sandra Bullock, but that's a different thread!)

The MSM (and many others) have obliterated the Tea Party reputation that Ron Paul and other true patriots had intended.

That is sad. When one announces that one is a Tea Party member they almost immediately have to set everyone straight on the values etc. because their activities have been so maligned in the media.

You must have hit a nerve to get the MSM/PTB all riled up like that.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
when I saw Palin shilling for the Tea it broke my heart. that was the moment i felt the Party had been infiltrated, mislead and neutered. so much good, hard work went right out the window in the public's eyes.

Palin is a quitter and a loser. Sarah's paid speeches, book $ and TV $how make my head asplode. I take Alfred E. Neuman more seriously.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
People(liberals) like to bash conservatives and blame them for everything bad, as you said, they take no personal responsibility.

The problem with liberals is there ideals are not right for the world we live in. Once the world is educated and free, then maybe we can talk about all the hippie love peace stuff that works in an ideal world. Unfortunately, we don't live in that world.

I think if people were honest with themselves they'd see that democrats(liberals) began the hate speech with Bush in a way that is much much much worse than anything i've heard a conservative say. But lets be honest, liberals only ever see one side and forget just a few years ago their hate speech and threats, and now they pretend like the've never said anything hateful. Liberalism really is a disease. For example, I could give plenty of facts and examples, but a liberal could not. Luckily the country is changing and seeing them for what they are.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Sarah Palin is just one person. I happen to like her. But se gets no vote from me to be a Tea Party leader.

Once you put a "face" to the Tea Party, it loses so much. Because then you share all of the "face's" faults and issues. My group purposly had no "leader" nor did we want one.

We believe that one voice, any voice, MY voice, me, beezzer, should carry equal weight to anyone elses.

We beieve in the same broad things, and may disagree in the minutia, but hey.
Who here doesn't.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I can tell you for certain that my mom, if not a tea partier, is as close as possible. I'll find out soon, because she will be staying with my wife and I for two to three weeks, to see if her breathing problems are related to her house. In any case, my mom is a birther, and death panel believer, and has become racist since her conversion to the right wing. She's also a homophobe (sp) in that she used to have gay friends, but not now. She has changed dramatically in the last few years, and I'll say, since she found God.

Oh yea, she now likes to use the constitution as a crutch.
edit on 1/14/2011 by saturnsrings because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11PB11
People(liberals) like to bash conservatives and blame them for everything bad, as you said, they take no personal responsibility.

The problem with liberals is there ideals are not right for the world we live in. Once the world is educated and free, then maybe we can talk about all the hippie love peace stuff that works in an ideal world. Unfortunately, we don't live in that world.

I think if people were honest with themselves they'd see that democrats(liberals) began the hate speech with Bush in a way that is much much much worse than anything i've heard a conservative say. But lets be honest, liberals only ever see one side and forget just a few years ago their hate speech and threats, and now they pretend like the've never said anything hateful. Liberalism really is a disease. For example, I could give plenty of facts and examples, but a liberal could not. Luckily the country is changing and seeing them for what they are.

I could write a book on the things that I disagreed with, on Bush. Same with Obama. I try to look at the whole person, the atmosphere that he/she brings to a political arena.
I also try to keep things simple. The Constitution is beautiful like that. Just compare it to ONE BILL, the obamacare bill. 2,000 pages.

Do we really need to complicate our lives THAT MUCH?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by saturnsrings
I can tell you for certain that my mom, if not a tea partier, is as close as possible. I'll find out soon, because she will be staying with my wife and I for two to three weeks, to see if her breathing problems are related to her house. In any case, my mom is a birther, and death panel believer, and has become racist since her conversion to the right wing. She's also a homophobe (sp) in that she used to have gay friends, but not now. She has changed dramatically in the last few years, and I'll say, since she found God.

That's too bad. My oldest son is gay and is having a tough time of it. But how do you "become" a racist? I thought you either were one, or you weren't.

She would not feel comfortable in our group. We have them folks with different skin colours there.
edit on 14-1-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Makes no difference which 'party' or 'group' or 'community' you belong to if everything you say or do is being monitored, manipulated, and controlled. Think its not going on? Then you're blind and deaf! The Information Technologies that exist, and the technological 'innovations' that are soon to be introduced (including cognitive implants), will make the ability to think for yourself impossible, and to a great degree this is already being accomplished through the various types of 'media' propaganda. Many posts on this website talk of this, yet few get it! Many say no way? Oh, really! Read the following and tell me its not going to be so, that is, if you can still think for yourselves!

The Ultimate Tyranny

"Now let us advance a few more years into the future. Cognitive implants are now ubiquitous, required in fact in order to survive as all life support mechanisms (sustenance, shelter, information access, transportation, etc.) respond only to the individual digital signatures implanted in our brains and speaking directly to our conscious and our subconscious. This direct access to the psyche could easily be hi-jacked by a well meaning government intent on identifying abhorrent thoughts that could lead to anti-social behavior, correct the "illness" as it occurred through electrical stimulation of certain neural pathways - yes thought control - for the greater good. The need for dual or multi party systems will have been eliminated because dissension is also anti social. People will be happy. People will be peaceful. People will be free to do whatever it is they are told to do and love it. Now that's Tyranny." (www.humansfuture.org)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LanMan54

Way off topic man......... way off.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join