High Capacity Mags Illegal....Now What????

page: 1
0
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   


The office of Carolyn McCarthy, a Democratic congresswoman from New York, confirmed to me today that she will present a bill on Tuesday aiming to limit public purchasing of multi-round ammunition clips of the sort used in the Tucson shooting. Senator Frank Lautenberg of New Jersey will introduce the legislation in the Senate.


One question I have not heard asked is,
If this legislation gets pushed thru, which it will,
what are those people who already own high capacity magazines supposed to do?
From what I have been led to believe thus far, if this legislation gets any legs it will not be like the Clinton ban in 94 where there were grandfather clauses for ARs and high capacity mags. ?

Are they supposed to just throw them away? Will there be a check point where we can turn them in?
A "Cash for Clips" program?

If anyone has any thoughts on this please join in. I find it hard to believe that those with high capacity mags will just willingly turn them over which makes me wonder if it is completly out of the question for the Feds to begin demanding lists from firearms dealers of all people who have purchased HCM in the past, say, 5 yrs. and then.......door to door "Visits".

[url=http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/alexspillius/100071710/congresswoman-mccarthy-will-propose-limits-on-high-capacity-magazines/]linkywinkywoo[/ur l]
edit on 12-1-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)




posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed
 


Save it for a rainy day? Typical politician mentality, what is this law really going to do? Yeah, you guessed it, nothing.
edit on 12-1-2011 by Bonified Ween because: (no reason given)
edit on 12-1-2011 by Bonified Ween because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
This will not make it. There are 2 reasons it will not make it. The first reason is because the heat is already being put on them because the shooter did not watch TV, or listen to radio therefore the statements about rhetoric are all garbage. The second is now that they have drawn attention to themselves by making the first mistake the media is actually backing off the gun reform push a bit. If the media isn't there to drive home the issue they will catch major backlash from their constituents. I also do not think that the republicans are on board with any new firearm legislation other than something ridiculously loose in terms and almost void of restriction.



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Here's the deal.

It won't pass.

But if it does, it has to have an effective date.

Just like last time.

Any components or magazines produced up until the effective ban date are legal to sell. And you won't believe how many can be made in a very short time to compensate for another few years of stupidity.

And those high capacity magazines? They're already everywhere.

Magazine manufacturers learned from the last ban. Make a ton now, and sell them like hotcakes when the ban takes place.

Net effect?

None.



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonified Ween
 


I wouldn't want to be caught with one because it would be a federal offense and I am a law abiding citizen....

but I know that there are many people out there who have Pistols with even just a 15 round mag which is perfectly reasonable but will soon be just as illegal as an ounce of Meth.



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Too many people like their Springfield XD-M's with a 19 shot cap (including me). The NRA will fight this with blood on their fists.



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed
 

How exactly are these in violation of Federal law?



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed
 


There is not a single ATF agent that wants to go door to door, to people that own high capacity mags, and say hand them over.

That is not a good way to live long and prosper in this world.

Seriously they won't ever ban owning something that you already have, they will just attempt to ban purchasing new ones.



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
just make sure you empty them when they come to your door to collect:

No, Really



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Heh. I can't help but ask. WTF?

from your link:


For advocates of greater gun controls, this may be a small victory, but it would be a victory nonetheless. Congress would not have acted if this had been a “normal” massacre at a some shopping mall, but it may now that one of its own has been nearly killed.


Wow. So there you have it folks, in black and white.

There are normal massacres, then there are special massacres. One of "it's" own.

This statement is just wrong in SO many ways.


It won't pass. Too many people will be angered, and heavens help them then! Right? Isn't that what all this is implying? The "normal" masses will go bonkers and kill the "special" people?


Just. wow.



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher
 


They aren't....yet. Legislation is going to be introduced which COULD make them Illegal. I hope you're right and nothing comes of this but either way, the question remains because one day it WILL happen. If this current round of events doesn't do the trick then the next round will. One way or the other the elitists can't have armed citizens trying to take their freedom back so it is inevitable from where I stand.

The question was....
What would happen to people who already own contraband? Would they simply have to turn over their mags? What about Assult Rifles? Will a ban on assult rifles with no grandfather clauses turn average citizens into felons overnight?



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
it's a very good news !!!

WHY would you need a 33 bullet Mag clip ??

Yeah the law would take YEARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS to be effective ( the time that the last 33bullet clip got used ).

But in 10yr or 15yr ( not long time on the mankind time ), maybe it would be impossible to find those 33 bullet mag !

Maybe im wrong about the 33 bullet number, but more then 10 bullet it's SO ABUSIVE.

Why, unless you want to shot several humans... you would need 33 bullet ?


More i come here, more i see that NRA propaganda is so strong in the USA... and so SAD.... You people talk about conspiracy, but one of your biggest you just deny it because you love your guns... WOW

33 Bullet is USELESS. You can't go hunthing animal with a 33 clip handgun xD Come on



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed
 

yes and the government don't care



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed



The office of Carolyn McCarthy, a Democratic congresswoman from New York, confirmed to me today that she will present a bill on Tuesday aiming to limit public purchasing of multi-round ammunition clips of the sort used in the Tucson shooting. Senator Frank Lautenberg of New Jersey will introduce the legislation in the Senate.


One question I have not heard asked is,
If this legislation gets pushed thru, which it will,
what are those people who already own high capacity magazines supposed to do?
From what I have been led to believe thus far, if this legislation gets any legs it will not be like the Clinton ban in 94 where there were grandfather clauses for ARs and high capacity mags. ?

Are they supposed to just throw them away? Will there be a check point where we can turn them in?
A "Cash for Clips" program?

If anyone has any thoughts on this please join in. I find it hard to believe that those with high capacity mags will just willingly turn them over which makes me wonder if it is completly out of the question for the Feds to begin demanding lists from firearms dealers of all people who have purchased HCM in the past, say, 5 yrs. and then.......door to door "Visits".

[url=http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/alexspillius/100071710/congresswoman-mccarthy-will-propose-limits-on-high-capacity-magazines/]linkywinkywoo[/ur l]
edit on 12-1-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)


The term "high capacity magazine" is subjective...at best. What is considered a high cap mag? For which caliber? For which weapon? Tossing out subjective crap...as CONgress does so well is really a waste of both theirs and our time.

I'm sure I own quite a few mags that would be considered "high capacity". Will I turn them over? No. I own a number of different weapons and each requires a different magazine. Some dingbat in the District of Criminals who wishes to relegate any of them as "illegal" is nothing more than an employee trying to tell the employer what to do.

My magazines are nothing more than a piece of metal with a spring and follower that feeds whichever weapon it is engaged in. The magazines have NOTHING to do with what I am capable of since I can drop a standard mag and reload before you finish reading this sentence.

I will sleep well tonight regardless of the BS crap coming out of DC. LOL...then again, there is a gun show in town this weekend so maybe it's time to stock up for what lies ahead?



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeQuebec86
Why, unless you want to shot several humans... you would need 33 bullet ?


Because if several humans came at you wanting to rape your ass because they are strung up on drugs, then 33 bullets may be just enough to prevent you from becoming a victim.

edit on 12-1-2011 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
In order for this to pass there would need to be a number of Republicans in both the House and Senate willing to vote for it. While it is possible that the Senate could conceivably find the Rep. votes to pass this, the is no way that a bill like this will see the light of day in the House. It would be career suicide for the House Republicans to let this thru.

As usual.....lot's of bluster from the usual suspects but in the end....this bill will be DOA.



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeQuebec86
it's a very good news !!!

WHY would you need a 33 bullet Mag clip ??

Yeah the law would take YEARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS to be effective ( the time that the last 33bullet clip got used ).

But in 10yr or 15yr ( not long time on the mankind time ), maybe it would be impossible to find those 33 bullet mag !

Maybe im wrong about the 33 bullet number, but more then 10 bullet it's SO ABUSIVE.

Why, unless you want to shot several humans... you would need 33 bullet ?


More i come here, more i see that NRA propaganda is so strong in the USA... and so SAD.... You people talk about conspiracy, but one of your biggest you just deny it because you love your guns... WOW

33 Bullet is USELESS. You can't go hunthing animal with a 33 clip handgun xD Come on



Thank you for your ignorant post.

As someone who owns not only 30+ mags...I own 90+ mags. The purpose of these is to save time between reloading mags. It gets old. Loading up a 90 round drum is a hell of a lot easier than popping in three 30 round mags.

Just because you see no worth in it doesn't make it worthless.

Not only that? It's fun. Yep, it's fun to just shoot at a stump sometimes. Is it logical to many/most? Probably not. Is it fun to those of us who enjoy it? Yes.

Who the hell are you or anyone else to tell me what I can or can't do on my property?



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
Too many people like their Springfield XD-M's with a 19 shot cap (including me). The NRA will fight this with blood on their fists.

Yeah sure. The NRA... those backstabbing people who supports every gun control legislation?

Yeah good luck with that.



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem

Originally posted by Screwed



The office of Carolyn McCarthy, a Democratic congresswoman from New York, confirmed to me today that she will present a bill on Tuesday aiming to limit public purchasing of multi-round ammunition clips of the sort used in the Tucson shooting. Senator Frank Lautenberg of New Jersey will introduce the legislation in the Senate.


One question I have not heard asked is,
If this legislation gets pushed thru, which it will,
what are those people who already own high capacity magazines supposed to do?
From what I have been led to believe thus far, if this legislation gets any legs it will not be like the Clinton ban in 94 where there were grandfather clauses for ARs and high capacity mags. ?

Are they supposed to just throw them away? Will there be a check point where we can turn them in?
A "Cash for Clips" program?

If anyone has any thoughts on this please join in. I find it hard to believe that those with high capacity mags will just willingly turn them over which makes me wonder if it is completly out of the question for the Feds to begin demanding lists from firearms dealers of all people who have purchased HCM in the past, say, 5 yrs. and then.......door to door "Visits".

[url=http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/alexspillius/100071710/congresswoman-mccarthy-will-propose-limits-on-high-capacity-magazines/]linkywinkywoo[/ur l]
edit on 12-1-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)


The term "high capacity magazine" is subjective...at best. What is considered a high cap mag? For which caliber? For which weapon? Tossing out subjective crap...as CONgress does so well is really a waste of both theirs and our time.

I'm sure I own quite a few mags that would be considered "high capacity". Will I turn them over? No. I own a number of different weapons and each requires a different magazine. Some dingbat in the District of Criminals who wishes to relegate any of them as "illegal" is nothing more than an employee trying to tell the employer what to do.

My magazines are nothing more than a piece of metal with a spring and follower that feeds whichever weapon it is engaged in. The magazines have NOTHING to do with what I am capable of since I can drop a standard mag and reload before you finish reading this sentence.

I will sleep well tonight regardless of the BS crap coming out of DC. LOL...then again, there is a gun show in town this weekend so maybe it's time to stock up for what lies ahead?


about your clips, nan you would not have to "give them to the govt" lol.

But rebuying more high clip ( more then 15 bullet ) it would be impossible or illegal.

and in 15 yrs maybe it would be impossible to find it even on the black market ( due to compagny stop making them ).

and the 1 second of reloading can save live, so it's better then a 33 clips.


Unless you want to kill many people 33clips size in dumb. You dont go hunt duck with a glock ! xD ( you do it with a shot gun for spread bullet )

Or goes hunting Moose ( a good sniper rifle hunting will be more effective ).

Even you dont need to protect yourself with 33 bullet, unless you got in a shooting scene like in the movie where during 5min your are shooting at each other lol...

But in reality, if you defend yourself with a gun, you will now shoot more then 10 bullet. Unless you miss all your shot OR you really want to kill the other guy... Like 20 bullet in his body.

BUT, for attacking people, 33 is GREAT !!! Defense ? nop. ( unless you are in a gun fight xD, but why would you be in that ? lol )



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

Originally posted by FreeQuebec86
Why, unless you want to shot several humans... you would need 33 bullet ?


Because if several humans came at you wanting to rape your ass because they are strung up on drugs, then 33 bullets may be just enough to prevent you from becoming a victim.

edit on 12-1-2011 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)


Not really. Once they are that close, an edged weapon is far more efficient.





top topics
 
0
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join