It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Capacity Mags Illegal....Now What????

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
reply to post by FreeQuebec86

Based on simple observation of the past ten years, I doubt there will be a USA as we know it today in a couple of years.

I'll stand amazed if we make it as a nation to the 2012 elections.

Know what happens then?

The people with the high capacity magazines will take what they damn well please. OR, prevent bandits from helping themselves.

Soooooooo......... where does that leave you?

??? Why you are so fear that all your world will scramble ? xD 2012 ?

It seem just too weird, i dont see what could change anything. Like what could be soo big that all states or cities become anarchy xD And then people with gun will be able to protect their familly ?

People that are scare like that, a new video game will come xD Homefronts, a game about USA being invade ( and it worked lol ) by North Korea ! Now USA resident ( USAers with guns and army lol ) fight in their own country to fight north korean !

I dont think these hardcore things could happen. Or like your govt will take over and control mind all his people xD.

It's more believable that we would need gun for fighting E.T !!! ( I more a UFO believer then conspiracy
but mind control is interesting xD ( and it started in 1950 in Montreal :O Mcgill university !!! :O:O:O:O ))

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

How can I imagine such a thing?

A. We're broke.

B. We don't produce anything, so no more creation of wealth.

C. We are strongly polarized.

D. The tax payers are tired of carrying the tax eaters.

E. People are losing/already lost their homes.

F. People are losing/in the process of losing their jobs.

G. Extremists on both sides are becoming more aggressive and hate-fillled.

H. Our taxes are overburdensome.

I. Fuel Prices are climbing while discretionary wealth is dropping.

J. All prices are rising, while cash is running short.

K. All infrastructure components are interdependent. One halts, everything halts.

L. Electrical grid increasingly fragile. It fails and everything - banking, transportation, fuel delivery, food delivery, medical community - everything collapses within days.

No electric, no fuel pumps, no banks for money. No money, no food. No food, riots. Riots, no transportation.

No transportation, no fuel, no coal, no repair, no maintenance of electrical grid. And it's one big interconnected circle.

Large capacity magazines.

The difference between the "HAVES" and the "HAVE-NOTS."

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher

How can I imagine such a thing?

A. We're broke.

B. We don't produce anything, so no more creation of wealth.

C. We are strongly polarized.

D. The tax payers are tired of carrying the tax eaters.

E. People are losing/already lost their homes.

F. People are losing/in the process of losing their jobs.

G. Extremists on both sides are becoming more aggressive and hate-fillled.

H. Our taxes are overburdensome.

I. Fuel Prices are climbing while discretionary wealth is dropping.

J. All prices are rising, while cash is running short.

K. All infrastructure components are interdependent. One halts, everything halts.

L. Electrical grid increasingly fragile. It fails and everything - banking, transportation, fuel delivery, food delivery, medical community - everything collapses within days.

No electric, no fuel pumps, no banks for money. No money, no food. No food, riots. Riots, no transportation.

No transportation, no fuel, no coal, no repair, no maintenance of electrical grid. And it's one big interconnected circle.

Large capacity magazines.

The difference between the "HAVES" and the "HAVE-NOTS."

Ok, i know it's a conspiracy website... But you don't push it too much a bit ? xD

You sound like you are a third world country !

Here too economic time are more tought, but i don't think all will collapse.

Maybe USA will not longer be the #1 economical country in the world, but you will not be a poor country with a dictatoral state ! xD.

But who know, if a big deseaster, like a meteorite or sea level raise. Maybe then having a gun will be good for hunting.. xD Otherwise, i dont see USA just destroy itself by itself ( LOL my english is so bad sorry xD ! )

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Don't bet on anything.

Our people are PISSED.

Pissed off Americans are never a good thing.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

Damnnn why that much :O ? Your debt from the war ? heatlhcare ? wtf ? xD

You seem like your govt is the enemy.

America will still be strong in the future, and you will find job.

USA is surely good in technology with Microsoft and apple and other. And you are good in cultural things ( tv, movie, music )

You dont seem as a third world country xD but a powerful one with a recession ( so you will be ok when it finish )

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I'm not worried about me, or a job.

And yes, it's definitely our government. Too many stupid people.

Which has little to do with the topic.

We as a nation are provided for in our Constitution to have and bear arms - for the sole purpose of protecting ourselves against our government.

Our right is not based on hunting or even the right to self defense in a criminal action. It's all-encompassing, but especially to preclude our government from doing many of the very things they're doing right now.

So we have large capacity magazines. We want large capacity magazines.

And we will have large capacity magazines.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Dear Screwed (and all other Americans in this thread),

It is my understanding that the right to bear arms is in your constitution, however from having done a little bit of research it would actually seem to be rather antiquated and was more to protect the Americans against the English, at the time.

I do get the fact you all think it is your God given right to bear weapons, however please do explain to me why there is a need for the kind of weapons which "you are" allowed to use.

In the UK you have to go through rigorous checks to buy a weapon, let alone own one and I highly doubt your average tobacco chewing Joe could own a semi automatic weapon with high capacity magazines. So, justify the reason behind having them first. Are they seriously used for shooting animals in the context of hunting? I highly doubt it.

Perhaps harsher and more intelligent legislation would reduce the amount of violent gun crimes in that country, don't you think? Or is it just a populace of rather mindless people having guns the way forward?

I am sure this is a very old arguement and you've probably seen it time after time, but we (people living in the UK) can only be shocked by the amount of gun crime and deaths you have over the pond. Surely the right to bear arms is a travisty in this day and age.

Happy shooting.....

T

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeQuebec86
it's a very good news !!!

WHY would you need a 33 bullet Mag clip ??

Yeah the law would take YEARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS to be effective ( the time that the last 33bullet clip got used ).

But in 10yr or 15yr ( not long time on the mankind time ), maybe it would be impossible to find those 33 bullet mag !

Maybe im wrong about the 33 bullet number, but more then 10 bullet it's SO ABUSIVE.

Why, unless you want to shot several humans... you would need 33 bullet ?

More i come here, more i see that NRA propaganda is so strong in the USA... and so SAD.... You people talk about conspiracy, but one of your biggest you just deny it because you love your guns... WOW

33 Bullet is USELESS. You can't go hunthing animal with a 33 clip handgun xD Come on

Registerd less the 24 hours and already 46 posts hmmmmm... And you are the second poster I noticed that registered within the last few days and is all over this shooting and related posts.. Could Protoplasmic traveller have been right... hmmmmm

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by torqpoc
reply to post by Screwed

Dear Screwed (and all other Americans in this thread),

It is my understanding that the right to bear arms is in your constitution, however from having done a little bit of research it would actually seem to be rather antiquated and was more to protect the Americans against the English, at the time.

I do get the fact you all think it is your God given right to bear weapons, however please do explain to me why there is a need for the kind of weapons which "you are" allowed to use.

In the UK you have to go through rigorous checks to buy a weapon, let alone own one and I highly doubt your average tobacco chewing Joe could own a semi automatic weapon with high capacity magazines. So, justify the reason behind having them first. Are they seriously used for shooting animals in the context of hunting? I highly doubt it.

Perhaps harsher and more intelligent legislation would reduce the amount of violent gun crimes in that country, don't you think? Or is it just a populace of rather mindless people having guns the way forward?

I am sure this is a very old arguement and you've probably seen it time after time, but we (people living in the UK) can only be shocked by the amount of gun crime and deaths you have over the pond. Surely the right to bear arms is a travisty in this day and age.

Happy shooting.....

T

Dear d_ _ b a_ _ ,

Becaus as my Daddy once told me; if someone is shooting at you it sure is nice to have something to shot back with!

Oh and by the why Britains crime rate is triple the US per capita. Well because all you people are unarmed and easy pickens.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Dear Hawkiye,

Dear d__p whatever? Little childish wouldn't you say?

Anyway, your reasoning is just a catch 22. Wishing to have a gun to defend yourself against someone having a gun is called a vicious cycle. Disarming everyone would render the need to defend yourself with a gun pointless. That is just simple common sense.

I am sure we have a lot of crime in the UK, I doubt that we have as many deaths due to guns though, and far less deaths due to gang banging and guns, and drugs and guns.

As for easy pickings, see my opening statement. I was after an intellectual conversation, care to join in or shall we just stay at kindergarden level?

Edit - And as a sidenote, you really should use a spell checker.

Regards,
T

edit on 13-1-2011 by torqpoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
1. Even if high capacity magazines were to be banned, criminals don't obey the law.

2. This would serve only to weaken a law-abiding citizens defense. The criminal now knows that they have 3 times the firepower than their victim.

Should we also ban capacity cases of beer in an attempt to curb drunk driving? No more 24 or 30 packs.

Why don't we just ban murder?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

Dear Hawkiye,

Dear d__p whatever? Little childish wouldn't you say?

Anyway, your reasoning is just a catch 22. Wishing to have a gun to defend yourself against someone having a gun is called a vicious cycle. Disarming everyone would render the need to defend yourself with a gun pointless. That is just simple common sense.

I am sure we have a lot of crime in the UK, I doubt that we have as many deaths due to guns though, and far less deaths due to gang banging and guns, and drugs and guns.

As for easy pickings, see my opening statement. I was after an intellectual conversation, care to join in or shall we just stay at kindergarden level?

Edit - And as a sidenote, you really should use a spell checker.

Regards,
T

Well, here's the kicker, this isn't England, this isn't Canada, or Australia, or any other country. This is the USA's gun laws we are talking about.. We are aware of the gun laws in other countries, and we are aware that the many countries are different, Culturally, Economically, socially, etc.

So since this is the USA, and not the other countries, it is our business about our guns.. We will not tolerate being disarmed, or limited beyond what we are already limited in, please understand and accept that.

You live in your countries, and we will live in ours. We are not forcing you to accept guns, nor are we forcing our guns on you or your countries.

Guns are an american past-time, much like Canadian Mounties, English mid-morning tea, and The Australian Outback. Just so happens, ours tends to be a bit more.... active..

Yes, guns are serious business, they require responsibility, and maturity. Just because many people have 30, 60, or 90 round magazines does not mean that we walk around constantly and spray ammo all over shopping malls.

So stop having a cow over the fact that we have guns, like our guns, shoot our guns, and what ever else have you.

Every country has it's issue with guns, England, Australia, Canada. You've all had gun violence, so stop having a cow over the fact we have a little more often then you do.

Peace, and Vigilance.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

Dear Cygnis,
Thank you for the emotionally detached intelligent response.. err, I must have missed it.

Please tell me where I stated you shouldn't have guns? I have every right to have an opinion, and mine is pretty clear. Common sense would dictate that the gun laws in your country just create an escalating issue of hard and violent crime, but at no time did I expect or ask for common sense on such a sensitive issue. It is almost like emasculation when the discussion of disarmament arises and quite entertaining how empassioned y'all are with your guns.

What I asked, had you taken the time to read it, was why would you need a high capacity magazine realistically.

As for the rest, yes we do laugh at your gun laws, we however do not push you to change them so your rhetoric was amusing, but a little off the mark. Thanks though!

Edit - In your closing sentence you state a "little" more than you do. I would look at the statistics there. It's been a long time since kids were shot by other kids in England. If you're happy with the consequences, you're happy with the consequences. I wouldn't be personally though.

Regards,
T

edit on 13-1-2011 by torqpoc because: spelling

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
If you want to read some "propaganda" about glocks, look the article up by Gail Collins of the NY Times, titled "Giffords legacy: Sane debate on gun control. This article is full so full of lies it's sickening. The srticle is from Wednesday. Sorry, I don't know how to link articles.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

reply to post by Cygnis

Dear Cygnis,
Thank you for the emotionally detached intelligent response.. err, I must have missed it.

Please tell me where I stated you shouldn't have guns? I have every right to have an opinion, and mine is pretty clear. Common sense would dictate that the gun laws in your country just create an escalating issue of hard and violent crime, but at no time did I expect or ask for common sense on such a sensitive issue. It is almost like emasculation when the discussion of disarmament arises and quite entertaining how empassioned y'all are with your guns.

What I asked, had you taken the time to read it, was why would you need a high capacity magazine realistically.

As for the rest, yes we do laugh at your gun laws, we however do not push you to change them so your rhetoric was amusing, but a little off the mark. Thanks though!

Edit - In your closing sentence you state a "little" more than you do. I would look at the statistics there. It's been a long time since kids were shot by other kids in England. If you're happy with the consequences, you're happy with the consequences. I wouldn't be personally though.

Regards,
T

edit on 13-1-2011 by torqpoc because: spelling

Why do we need high capacity magazines, I suppose that can be looked at several ways..

Why would one need a high-capacity mag:

Self defense against multiple violent people or small gang intent upon doing you, your family, or those around you harm.

Target practice, since reloading constantly gets tedious, and time consuming, and not to mention, rough on the fingers.

Hunting really doesn't need large mags, in fact, if you need more then 2 or 3, chances are you've scared your future meals away.

They do have their place, the high-capacity mags, but for every day carry, it's not practical, ammo is heavy.

My apologies, it was a hasty post, and I was a little frustrated.

England doesn't have small scale shootings like what happen here tho, most of them tend to be large, messy, and horrific.

Dunblane Massacre
June 02, 2010 rampage in Northern England

Both horrific incidences, saddens me to remember them.

Peace, and Vigilance,
-Cyg

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

Dear Cygnis,
Thank you for taking the time to re-respond.

I guess target practice and self defence make sense. Although you know my stance on self defence, but that discussion is done and dusted.

I have hunted before, but never with a rifle, only a double barrelled shotgun. Often i've wondered if it would be more efficient to have a reloading magazine, but the game I have shot (duck, snipe and woodcock) are so quick that having one more shot at them wouldn't be viable.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Regards,
T

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

reply to post by Cygnis

Dear Cygnis,
Thank you for taking the time to re-respond.

I guess target practice and self defence make sense. Although you know my stance on self defence, but that discussion is done and dusted.

I have hunted before, but never with a rifle, only a double barrelled shotgun. Often i've wondered if it would be more efficient to have a reloading magazine, but the game I have shot (duck, snipe and woodcock) are so quick that having one more shot at them wouldn't be viable.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Regards,
T

With shotgun here, we get, I believe it's 3 rounds loaded in the shotgun, by law.

Rifle, as the one I have, is legal to have 5 rounds for hunting, tho, if you need all 5, it's rather pointless, IMO.

I am sure the more pro-game hunters of the forum will correct me if I am wrong, which I am, more often then not.

Yes, those foul definitely are fast, I would agree, if the two can't get them, the third would be a waste, in most cases.

-Cyg

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

But rebuying more high clip ( more then 15 bullet ) it would be impossible or illegal.
You say 'impossible or illegal'.

Just get rid of the impossible part.

It is SO illegal to have heroin or coc aine, but it is far from impossible to get. A doctor can't even write a prescription for them.
BUT
You can buy it on a street corner in any city, you don't need to fill out any silly government paperwork for a background check and as long as you have some money, the seller will not care how old you are.

That is how gun control works also!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Sorry, I haven't read all these the threads. I started my weekend
early. Anyway, I never like high capacity mags, seem to always jam.
If I need to shoot fast, I use stripper clips, which is faster then reloading
a mag.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

larger magazines need stronger springs, at some point it does not work - causes jams, not good mechanics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join