It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The art of Scry - Try this ancient practice - Be Warned: Self Development may occur.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
reply to post by renegade17

Yes, once you've glimpsed the collective human consciousness - its very scary.

In a way, it means that you're little individual life doesnt really exist - but it does.

You are everyone - yet just yourself.

To have observed yourself moulding into oneness is a frightening scenario. Imagine a cell of our body waking up one day to realize that it is just an integral part of a 34 year old house wife in some other reality. A cell could never comprehend the world beyond its own. Yet the greater being that it is a part of is fully aware of its world.

I think it is the same for us - part of a greater whole - which means in essence we have no control at all.

But perhaps there is more to us then just our experience. What if we are the seeds of a greater being and the pod is ripe and ready to burst? Would we then be birthed as children of the gods into his greater world of experience and understanding?

There is very little to be known for certain - but the absolute truth we must adhere to is that fear is not an option. The NWO, 2012, Ego - All of that fear based reasoning must be replaced with a trust.

We must be careful not to become trapped in what is known as "Mystic flight" Where we assume "Ohhh everything is okay, we are led by the universe" Wrong. Everything is not okay, We cannot lay down and let the river wash us away towards its destination. As a species we must stand and hold space for the changes ahead however they may come, prophesy or not. Change is always coming.

If I would recommend anything to anyone - It is to commence the 'inner work'

Find your self amid the chaos of who you 'think' you are - then the world will become a much gentler ocean to navigate.

Exactly , that's what i feel when the world collective-consciousness comes to the mind .
I feel that I am so small compared to the whole thing . A tiny fraction of the whole . I feel awestruck and amazed because I have a consciousness which lets me contribute to the whole . To be an active part of the whole .
So , should I retract inside and discover and try to comprehend the 'whole' ?
Also , is scying advisable for anyone regardless of age ?
What are your thoughts on meditation !?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I vaguely remember that Raymond Moody of NDE fame wrote a book on this subject. Here's a Wikipedia article on the subject.

en.wikipedia.org...

I've still to try it out after all these years. Something about mirrors freaks me out. Dimensional portals and the like.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by renegade17

Scrying is the beginning stages of the inner work. Acknowledging yourself, seeing yourself, even the parts you dont like. Naming your demons so that they do not control you. Observing the masks you wear, to hide your authentic self in a type of defense to keep you safe. Macho man is an example of a mask, but so is Manipulative Friendliness. Break it down, back to the basics and watch the seeds of your true self burst into life.

Mediation should be a 4 year program taught in high school - mandatory

In fact I would recommend basic visualizations for children between the age of 6-12 and progress them to larger meditations or shamanic practice from 12-18 to become fully fledged spiritual operators by the time they are 25.

The world is screaming for the return of the shaman, for the ones with the courage to stand as the bridge between the worlds after having undergone the rites of passage and beginning the process of the inner work.

meditate for now, just by focusing on your breath and observing thoughts as they pass through you, letting them go as they pass by. Eventually we'll get you hooked up with something with a flavor that appeals to your soul.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Having read through the thread, there's something inside me that tells me scrying is simply not a wholesome practice. There's something unnatural sounding about spending 20 minutes looking into a mirror. It sounds like some form of self absorption, and I'm convinced self-absorption is the root of (mostly) all things "evil"

Then again, this only the small opinion of some ignoramus, who would be exceptionally biased about such things given a recent experience that has shown me the only thing that matters in this life at all is others.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abe7Fig
Having read through the thread, there's something inside me that tells me scrying is simply not a wholesome practice. There's something unnatural sounding about spending 20 minutes looking into a mirror. It sounds like some form of self absorption, and I'm convinced self-absorption is the root of (mostly) all things "evil"

Then again, this only the small opinion of some ignoramus, who would be exceptionally biased about such things given a recent experience that has shown me the only thing that matters in this life at all is others.

How can you love anyone truthfully - until you have learned to love yourself entirely?

The goal is not to become absorbed with your self, but to become known to your self.

To properly serve others, we must first serve ourselves.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abe7Fig

How can you love anyone truthfully - until you have learned to love yourself entirely?

The goal is not to become absorbed with your self, but to become known to your self.

To properly serve others, we must first serve ourselves.

You have it backwards my friend. To find yourself you must loose yourself in the service to others. Being self absorbed is what has caused nearly every strife and war in human history. We must realize we are all connected and all one family etc. Seek to serve humanity, to lift it up higher, and you serve the family and ultimately self for you are part of the family. Seek to practice harmlessness in your thoughts, words, and actions, and you will be serving humanity and find yourself.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Apologies but I must refute your statement.

The epidemic we have right now, is a new age movement of therapists, healers, shaman, goody-two-shoes who have no idea what their wounds are, and have no idea how to cope with their own dilemmas. Yet they seek to advise others?

The blind leading the blind.

Until a shaman/healer/therapist has done work to themselves - they are unfit to serve others.

But hey, volunteering at a soup kitchen is okay if you cant deal with yourself.

You would be shockingly surprised how many therapists I know as colleagues who are everything from energy healers, marriage councilors, psychotherapists, ect. With contorted energy, failing marriages and should certainly underdo psychotherapy themselves.

Its a farce - People refuse to see themselves for what they are - Look in the mirror, know yourself.
edit on 25-1-2011 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
I vaguely remember that Raymond Moody of NDE fame wrote a book on this subject. Here's a Wikipedia article on the subject.

en.wikipedia.org...

I've still to try it out after all these years. Something about mirrors freaks me out. Dimensional portals and the like.

Yes, portals to somewhere thats for sure, I during my childhood I was always uneasy walking near mirriors, it was as if I could feel the gaze of something observing from the other side.

Perhaps just childish fears, but they certainly seemed very real and still carry a bit of weight late at night when walking by a large mirror.
edit on 29-1-2011 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

Apologies but I must refute your statement.

The epidemic we have right now, is a new age movement of therapists, healers, shaman, goody-two-shoes who have no idea what their wounds are, and have no idea how to cope with their own dilemmas. Yet they seek to advise others?

The blind leading the blind.

Until a shaman/healer/therapist has done work to themselves - they are unfit to serve others.

But hey, volunteering at a soup kitchen is okay if you cant deal with yourself.

You would be shockingly surprised how many therapists I know as colleagues who are everything from energy healers, marriage councilors, psychotherapists, ect. With contorted energy, failing marriages and should certainly underdo psychotherapy themselves.

Its a farce - People refuse to see themselves for what they are - Look in the mirror, know yourself.
edit on 25-1-2011 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

Sorry my friend but how may I ask does your wrong assumption of me refute anything?

Also I am not talking of working in a soup kitchen. As the saying goes give a man a fish and feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and feed him for life.

I do not claim to be any of the above you mention I only claim to speak from experience. And you might like to know I have been married 25 years to the same beautiful women never divorced, father of 3 and new grand father. Seek the the inner voice if you desire to know the truth of all things. Peace
edit on 29-1-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I'm going to have to agree with Gradius on this one. As the other saying goes: Don't fix your neighbors roof when yours is leaking.

I don't think it is self absorbed to spend the time to know yourself. I do think it is self absorbed to spend life in service of others. It is a way to escape your own self and get that warm fuzzy reward feeling. Some of the most selfish people I know look to be selfless on the surface.

The epidemic of the self absorbed is compounded by all those who wish to serve to ignore the real problems. How many times have I heard someone say they care because the volunteer as if it should be a free pass to being a good person...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

To be honest, it sounds like you've already done a lot of inner work if you've maintained a 25 year marriage through parenthood. These types of people are rare and are in dire need to stand as a grounding presence in the community of the western world.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

Well my friend if I have learned anything the universe has way of returning to you every thing you send out good or bad. So helping a neighbor is never a bad thing however there is a higher form of serving humanity also. For that one must seek the inner voice and soul.

Certainly some people do good deeds just for outward appearances and hidden agendas however as I said what they put out will be returned to them eventually. Also as I said I am not speaking of just good deeds and I have never said one should not know thyself. However on the same token as falsely pious good deeds some claming to seek inner guidance are just using it as an excuse to be self absorbed and keep it hidden.

We are all at our own spot in the path so to speak and if we follow the highest we know then we will eventually progress as we are supposed to. Peace

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Haven't scryed yet, though it is something I'd really like to try at some point in the future. I don't feel I'm experienced enough to attempt it or have a purpose to do it.

The way I would likely use it though would be in evocation rituals. Specifically trying to summon forth an elemental force in the beginning and learning through that way. Maybe moving on to goetic and enochian evocation if the preliminary work is successful. I have a beautiful obsidian scrying mirror for use in evocation, but it has not been something I have worked with yet.

If it is one of my goals though once I get better at attaining the trance state as it's used in a lot of ritual work not just evocation (though evocation is my primary interest in scrying).

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I remember doing something simular a few years back, before I had my son (I was in to a lot of "weird stuff back then..). I did it with lights on though, and gazed into the mirror right between my eyebrows (the third eye). After a while I felt like I was not looking at myself anymore. I was looking at someone else, like I did not recognise my own reflection. I knew that it was me but it did not feel like me.

I will give this a try in a couple of days. Just need to ground myself first and get rid of some negative emotions first. Then I´ll be back to tell you how it went.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
great, so your basically telling us to look in the mirror and tell ourselves how much we love ourselves.

yeah.......

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPRAWL
I remember doing something simular a few years back, before I had my son (I was in to a lot of "weird stuff back then..). I did it with lights on though, and gazed into the mirror right between my eyebrows (the third eye). After a while I felt like I was not looking at myself anymore. I was looking at someone else, like I did not recognise my own reflection. I knew that it was me but it did not feel like me.

I will give this a try in a couple of days. Just need to ground myself first and get rid of some negative emotions first. Then I´ll be back to tell you how it went.

Its best to do this from a positive vibe, when you're feeling grounded, safe and joyful. Like attracts like, the spirits and the parts of you that will reveal themselves will be a reflection of who/how you are. Keep us posted how your journey goes.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

The goal is not to become absorbed with your self, but to become known to your self. To properly serve others, we must first serve ourselves.

That is disturbingly incorrect. By that logic every person out there that is taking advantage by focusing on their own greed is actually some sort of saint in the making ready to help his fellow man - but only after he's filled himself up first.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord
reply to post by hawkiye

I don't think it is self absorbed to spend the time to know yourself. I do think it is self absorbed to spend life in service of others.

I wish I could quote this three or four times and see if it made any sense to me by the 5th. It doesn't. Its self-absorbed to spend life in service of others because its a way of escaping yourself? Self-absorbed equals escaping self? I feel like I'm in an Erad3 conversation.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

As I sit here wondering which religious/political group has brainwashed you into believing self care was a dubious act, I realized it doesn't really matter what you think..This is merely your opinion.

The ones who preach the 'absurdity' of the inner work, are often the ones who have the most inner work yet to do. Tell me something - when you see yourself in the mirror - Do you like what you see?

That is the purpose of this exercise, and if we only liked what we saw in the mirror, conflict would reduce to a minimum in this world, for nearly all conflict stems from a place where the persons are abstaining from a sense of self worth.

You dont need anything extra in this world, it has already been given to you upon birth and it is vital that we share what we were given once we fully understand what it is we are giving.

edit on 31-1-2011 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

Originally posted by Jinglelord
reply to post by hawkiye

I don't think it is self absorbed to spend the time to know yourself. I do think it is self absorbed to spend life in service of others.

I wish I could quote this three or four times and see if it made any sense to me by the 5th. It doesn't. Its self-absorbed to spend life in service of others because its a way of escaping yourself? Self-absorbed equals escaping self? I feel like I'm in an Erad3 conversation.

You can quote it as many times as you like, the copy and paste function is very simple to use in most computers. I doubt it would help because you're not looking at this from the same viewpoint as I am.

I think I understand your viewpoint: To serve others is a selfless behavior, to serve yourself is selfish. On the surface this makes perfect sense and on the ends of the spectrum it might even be true.

I've spent quite a bit of time serving others and participated in more than my share of volunteer work. One of the most common reasons I hear people citing for doing this work is that it makes them feel good about themselves. How on earth is this not self serving? You might not be doing it for material gain but you are dong it for emotional gain.

Spending the time to know yourself is difficult work. True it is also self serving, but the gain will allow you live your life as a happier better adjusted person who doesn't feel the need to fling insults when they don't understand what someone is saying.

Ultimately who makes the world a better place? A person who spends his life in the service of others and as such feel justified to belittle and be rude to others who don't agree with them, or the person who spends the time know and be at peace with themselves and spreads harmony in everything they do?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join