It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The art of Scry - Try this ancient practice - Be Warned: Self Development may occur.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Welcome friends,

For thousands of years our mystics and ancestors have practiced the art of Scrying.

The reflection has been and always will be a miracle, to be able to see oneself in the mirror is a gift we often take for granted and as a daily necessity - We have forgotten the mystical properties held within a simple tool.

The Mirror.

Briefly I will describe a practice that can be used on those long winter nights to better know yourself and perhaps for some of you it will help heal wounds regarding the reality of ones self - which we all possess.

It is important to know, that through this ritual, there are innumerable phenomena that could occur, I will not describe the possibilities in great detail but let it be known that it has been normal for another reflection to appear or a "morphing" to occur and visions may also be initiated by this ritual depending on how your consciousness shifts during the ceremony.

Wait until night - this ritual requires darkness.

Get a large portable mirror, you should ideally be able to see your entire face and shoulder/chest region.

Take that mirror and place it on a desk against the wall, place a short candle touching the mirror, right up against it. Make certain the candle is short, a tea light suits this practice perfectly. Set a lighter beside the candle.

If you are afraid - take a deep breath and remind yourself that this is okay, but do not proceed from a place of fear. Music can often ease the tension of a quiet ceremony - Play a gentle melody that lasts roughly 10-20 minutes, that is the advised duration for the Scry especially for a first time.

Turn out the lights and carefully walk in the darkness to stand infront of the chair.

For some people, even this might be frightening to stand alone in the dark, rightfully so. But if you can proceed beyond this point, take a deep breath in the darkness of your room and light the candle, which should illuminate just you within the outline of the mirror.

Take a very deep, slow breath.

For a moment observe yourself, observe the thoughts that come into your mind, and look deep into your eyes, allowing you to focus directly on the eye, then zooming out to focus on the face, zooming back into the eye, then slowly back to the face.

Be conscious of the thoughts which enter your mind during this time - This is a ritual for you, with you.

Its not about the boogieman, its not about the shadow people, this is about you, seeing you. Speak the words "Thank you" "I love you".

Love what you see. Take into account the countless lifetimes and struggles of the ancestors that it took to bring you to this moment. Imagine your parents, grandparents, and all the ancestors waking through their daily existence,farming, hunting, surviving. All of that effort, to allow you to stand here in this moment. - Speak the words "Thank you" "I love you".

Continue to look into the mirror - This is a meditation - A place beyond conscious awareness where aspects of you are free to come and go. Do not be concerned with the images over your shoulder. There is only you.

Speak the words "Thank you" "I love you".

The purpose of this exercise is to allow thoughts and feelings about yourself to arise and be met with your own loving embrace. Its okay, to love yourself. You 'Are' Beautiful.

Gaze into the mirror for the remainder of your melody and when silence comes - without fear -

Extinguish the candle.

Take a deep breath, and just sit for a moment in darkness, allowing your feelings to take hold.

Take as long as you need to and turn on the light.

Blessed Journeys everyone,

-G

edit on 12-1-2011 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Nice post. Very interesting, and i'm definitely gonna give this a try. Only good things can come from getting to know one's self better.

Peace 2 all

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Its a good job avatars cant be burned at the stake!

edit on 12/1/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
If there is any truth to any of these claims, you don't need a mirror or crystal ball to do it.

Some random object or action does not make any difference.

You could do it while skydiving, or swimming, it doesn't really make a difference.

What would matter is what is going on inside the head.

But that's only if it's real. It may just be fantasy that the human brain creates to cure boredom, I have no idea. It will probably take another 50 to 100 years before we can actually download a brain into a computer and start to analyze it more closely for things like this. By then we should have enough evidence to conclude if it is scientifically true or false.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I think that misses the entire point of an exercise such as this.There isn't anything mystical going on here in my opinion; it is nothing more than allowing your subconscious to reflect on yourself. And while I agree with you that you could do this while skydiving I think most people could really use the ritual and the dedicated time to do this self improvement work.

I personally believe that more could come of it in an area that can't be proven scientifically but that is neither here nor there when talking about how effective of a tool this could be for someone trying to clear their mind and improve their mental state.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
that was awesome, mostly because it reminded me of a technique i've been using for years.
the way i was taught is not with a mirror though, it's with a human partner.
the meditation is towards your partners eyes and facial features.
i've been to the point of faces changing and 'morphing'.
it's quite spectacular really, i have trouble finding people to do it with though, i usually freak them out within a few seconds because my eyes begin flashing through a rainbow of colors.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
If there is any truth to any of these claims, you don't need a mirror or crystal ball to do it.

Some random object or action does not make any difference.

You could do it while skydiving, or swimming, it doesn't really make a difference.

What would matter is what is going on inside the head.

But that's only if it's real. It may just be fantasy that the human brain creates to cure boredom, I have no idea. It will probably take another 50 to 100 years before we can actually download a brain into a computer and start to analyze it more closely for things like this. By then we should have enough evidence to conclude if it is scientifically true or false.

It is the act of seeing yourself - you become your own observer to your thoughts. A person who is physically seen in front of you.

Try it once, and tell me that you experience nothing, that you are not moved or nudged in a mystical way.

Nobody looks at themselves, nobody knows who they really are. Its a quick little nip and tuck in the morning okay good, good, GONE, Dont have to see it anymore and to actively seek out your self, can attribute to a powerful experience.

Try it - Even from a scientific point of view, the scry can have very positive effects and inspiration.

Blessings,

-G

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
that was awesome, mostly because it reminded me of a technique i've been using for years.
the way i was taught is not with a mirror though, it's with a human partner.
the meditation is towards your partners eyes and facial features.
i've been to the point of faces changing and 'morphing'.
it's quite spectacular really, i have trouble finding people to do it with though, i usually freak them out within a few seconds because my eyes begin flashing through a rainbow of colors.

Yes friend, its something that cannot be photographed when the reality tunnel we are experiencing begins to shift and change to our individual senses.

The observer is the main part of the ritual, "I am being seen in this moment of allowed vulnerability"

Powerful medicine.

I know the ritual you are speaking of, its very intimate and im not surprised most people would not be interested in revealing themselves. To be vulnerable is a very difficult thing to do in some situations.

Isnt life magical?

Blessings,

-G
edit on 12-1-2011 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

yet, i see the mirror as nothing but a simple tool.
if one was inclined we could leave our bodies and look at ourselves.
the mirror only helps those of us who can not get there at will.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

yet, i see the mirror as nothing but a simple tool.
if one was inclined we could leave our bodies and look at ourselves.
the mirror only helps those of us who can not get there at will.

Well, for many - especially beginners, the 5 senses are the first steps towards engaging the mystical.

To see something, the subconscious will act upon it and constitute change - instantly.

The subconscious can cure disease overnight - but it has to believe, and it will not believe unless it sees something happening. I refer to my work as Shamanic Theater, I do not need to do anything to you, but the theater is what your subconscious needs to allow yourself into a state of self healing.

We have it all, we just need to step from belief, into knowing.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
This is strange.... I remember hearing an old gypsy story about how this is a trick to get a person to awaken demons and welcome them into the soul.

Candle light : mirror : Looking into your own eyes .... is very dangerous and is often used to destroy ones enemies.

It was so long ago, I cannot remember where I heard this. Has anyone else heard of this?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
ive had a vague interest in scrying for a few years. from what i know, any opaque surface can be used, from a puddle in the roots of a tree to a crt moniter.
its not for me, but good luck if youre having a go .

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
This is strange.... I remember hearing an old gypsy story about how this is a trick to get a person to awaken demons and welcome them into the soul.

Candle light : mirror : Looking into your own eyes .... is very dangerous and is often used to destroy ones enemies.

It was so long ago, I cannot remember where I heard this. Has anyone else heard of this?

I knew this would come up.

The answer is no - you will only see what is already within you and there are many people who do have what we could refer to as "demons" within them. Basically something they really dont want to see, a festering wound.

If you are profoundly disturbed, this can be a tough exercise, I have seen many students break down and cry, terrorized by their own inner conflicts.

But we need to look at ourselves, we need to see who we truly are, beneath the dirt and the lip stick.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
ive had a vague interest in scrying for a few years. from what i know, any opaque surface can be used, from a puddle in the roots of a tree to a crt moniter.
its not for me, but good luck if youre having a go .

Yes, good call.

The ancestors used bowls of water much of the time.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
When I was little I would stare into mirrors and watch my face morph into the background until I would lose focus (usually rather quickly), I have never done it in the dark with candle light though, will do. I have however done a good long stare in the mirror under the influence of a certain infamous chemical which I and dont think I need to get into detail here, that was epic(saw some stuff that looked like alex gray art
), I imagine that someone with advanced meditation skills could reach that level while sober.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I read a book called Of Water And The Spirit about the initiation of an African shaman, this "Skry" you describe kinda reminds me a part of the initiation where the initiate had to stare at a tree for hours. I recommend you check that book out OP, I think you would like it.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
When I was little I would stare into mirrors and watch my face morph into the background until I would lose focus (usually rather quickly), I have never done it in the dark with candle light though, will do. I have however done a good long stare in the mirror under the influence of a certain infamous chemical which I and dont think I need to get into detail here, that was epic(saw some stuff that looked like alex gray art
), I imagine that someone with advanced meditation skills could reach that level while sober.

Yes, if you can induce a shift in consciousness while you observe yourself, preferably through meditation or breathwork the first few times the results will be impressive to say the least.

I can just imagine a skeptic sitting there saying "This is lame" before snuffing out the candle.

But in all honesty, you 'will' feel something from this, if you are open to it on a conscious and subconscious level.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
I read a book called Of Water And The Spirit about the initiation of an African shaman, this "Skry" you describe kinda reminds me a part of the initiation where the initiate had to stare at a tree for hours. I recommend you check that book out OP, I think you would like it.

The sangoma have a VERY interesting practice in shamanism, their magic is truly profound and real. Physical and sensible to the touch with immediate results.

I will check out that book if I can find it in the store, thanks for the recommendation.

Contacting nature spirits is a unique practice on its own, with varied and etheric results depending on ones range of perception.

The amazing thing about the scry, is the immediate and profound 'feeling' that is induced within the body, mind and soul of the person conducting the ritual. Love this stuff.

Blessings,

-G

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
There is definitely something unusual about meditating in front of a mirror. I've done this before and experienced a very strange sensation. I also seemed to get relaxed much faster. I wasn't whispering sweet-nothings to myself, though.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Would you mind posting a pic of the ideal mirror/candle/table set up? I am interested in this, but got a tad unsure about the layout of things. Thanking you in advance.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join