It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The art of Scry - Try this ancient practice - Be Warned: Self Development may occur.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord
reply to post by purplemer

The reality of life in any given circumstance depends wholly upon the perception of the individual. I would suppose that understanding is superficial at best in that light and to attempt a deep understanding of even the simplest experience life does indeed become wholly a mystical experience.

And Gradius; Every breath may be a gift, and the universe may exist on borrowed time; but I like to think that every breath is a privilege I have earned and that time is only relevant in as much as a way to order the collective experiences of a living Universe which are not finite. .

You know, in a way you have earned that breath, but to know that it is through a unconditional giving of your breath first, that allowed the plants to give back to you their own breath. We are so finite, so fragile yet we forget how intertwined our survival is with the world around us.

Only when we are last gasping for air in a poisoned, dead world will we realize the folly of our ways, how we would beg the forces of nature for a second chance - but then and only then - at the end of all things perhaps.

Thank goodness it doesnt end here - the mirror told me so.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
This is strange.... I remember hearing an old gypsy story about how this is a trick to get a person to awaken demons and welcome them into the soul.

Candle light : mirror : Looking into your own eyes .... is very dangerous and is often used to destroy ones enemies.

It was so long ago, I cannot remember where I heard this. Has anyone else heard of this?

This is crazy...this thread brought back memories....

When I was but a wee lad, my aunt would come and stay with us when she was in town for a surf competition. (she was a pro, later went on to be a stunt person in tv and movies)
She was very "new agey" and would always scare the crap out of me with her ghost stories, tales of alien abductions, she'd make me play the Ouija board etc....

One night when she was babysitting me, she brought out a mirror and issued some instructions similar to the ones you posted. It has been over 20 years since that day, and I never knew it was called scrying. Anyways, it was hard for me to sit still for that long being only five or six at the time. She promised me ice cream if I could make it to the 20 minute mark. (in hindsight, I think she was trying to find a way to occupy me so she could go spark up a joint or something)

I sat there and stared in and out of my own eyes, for what seemed like hours. Suddenly, my reflection started to change. It looked like the silhouette of a proud native american with a head dress thing on. I was in awe, thinking I was about to see the face of one of my ancestors. (im not native american by the way) The face slowly came into view. It was not a native american. It was what I can only describe as some sort of demon looking thing. It had red eyes, and a snout like wolf. It was grinning at me, like it was happy with the reaction on my face which was pure terror.

Then a gust of wind (?) blew the candle out, and I was in the pitch dark. I screamed and cried, and my aunt came running in. I was so scared, I made her take the mirror outside. I couldnt sleep that night, and when my parents wondered what was wrong with me, I told them.

She was never allowed to babysit me ever again.

Strangely enough, shortly after that incident, I began to "see" and become aware of things that werent supposed to be there. A curse that persist to this day. I never thought about it until now, but Im starting to suspect that was the event that night somehow kicked off the weird 20 year chain of events that eventually led me to this website in search of answers.

Im not crazy, and It wasnt my imagination.

Take it for what it is. I dont know what to think, to tell you the truth.

Interestingly enough, when my grandmother passed, while going through her things came across her journal. I flipped though it, and found many entries where she spoke of shadow people bothering her, and described in perfect detail the thing I saw in the mirror as something she would often see "in dreams"

edit on 13-1-2011 by WhiteDevil013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

Sorry to bring up a scary past - but chances are - more awaits you within the mirror.

The ancients took nothing that was useless and practiced only what was of great importance.

Beyond the mirror using our own reflection as a lens we can peer into the other side, their is so much to know, so much we cannot see unless we have seen. Riddle me this.

Does the bug who inhabits the tree behold more then what lives within the leaves?

Pattern recognition is how we operate - yet we can develop to sense patterns beyond this realty.

-G

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Great post GM. It will probably be a while before I go ahead and try it though..I think I have some undealt with inner stuff, as just reading your instructions and imagining it upset me. Interesting.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I never could get this to work in a proper mirror. And don't even get me started on using a crystal ball. For some reason, though, if I put a mirror in the bottom of a pan or a pot and fill the pan/pot up with water it works much better.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

Ha, no worries.

I would have never been one to buy into this sort of thing, had I not had that encounter.

Ive always wanted to try it again, just to see if maybe this time it would be more of a positive experience, being Im much older and no longer afraid of such things.

You're right though about the mirror being such an amazing concept. I think about that everytime I hold my puppy in front of a mirror and she either growls at herself, or licks her reflection and moves on to something else. The idea that her little brain cannot even comprehend that she is looking at herself, makes me appreciate the fact that as human beings we have truly come a long way

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Thought Id share something in regard to this thread. As I have read all reply's, I wondered if you have put into perspective the mindset of many today. No offense to anyone here on ATS, but there is a different mindset of people that research, and also are divided between both their "normal" lives and the research that is covered here.

There are many things that can occur when someone does something like this, and all of it is not nice. Maybe you can post some of the things that can go wrong with a method such as this, as to make everyone aware of the good and bad of this technique.

Many are on medication, or have been told that they have a mental disorder, that if they do something like this, may be for the worst. I am sure that when this technique was made, they had not fully intended for many that will probably try this to do so.

I have seen many people try techniques like this, or get into the "new age" thing, and it did not work for many, as they hadn't yet come to terms with themselves, and have become mentally unstable based on these things. If you dont fully understand what you see, or even hear, it can change your day to day, maybe even for life.

We live in a world of boogie men, and TPTB, fear of almost anything around us. This IMHO, should be done by people who have done some other type of meditation, and are fully aware of all the possibilities.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

The original instructions specifically call out that you need to not be afraid and do this from a place of love. I think if you follow those guidelines nothing can go wrong. Barring of course a person who is so far in their mental instability they will be, are, or should be under supervision and getting the help of a trained professional. For the average person I think there is no danger.

Now if you sit down with ill will or bad intentions, or from a place of fear you will get some interesting things that might not contribute to a personal warm fuzzy feeling.

I used to regularly run guided meditations using a drum, and everyone in the room saw some bad stuff, children in the house cried, and the source was disturbed for months afterward. Come to find out he had cut some runes into himself several days before (not appropriate ones either) and had already subconsciously invited negativity by announcing to himself he wanted to use pain to learn.

Now keep in mind I had done this many hundred times with many different people involved and this was the only negative experience. I have found the people not interested in learning or coming from a place that is unhealthy will simply block out anything, get no results and tell me I'm an idiot.

This particular exercise will not have the exact same effect of a guided drum meditation but the risks should be about the same.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

mirror and place it on a desk against the wall, place a short candle touching the mirror, right up against it. Make certain the candle is short, a tea light suits this practice perfectly. Set a lighter beside the candle.

Scry

You are describing a psychomantium, and you even acknowledge this when you mention scrying.

This is not quite the same as self gazing for personal development.

Actually in using a Psychomantium the mirror is angled toward a black celling or drape. You do not see yourself. The mirror is reflecting the illusion of a infite space which helps getting into a trance state. Often used to induce OBEs, but it has many other uses in experimenting with altered states of consciousness.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
In my opinion the most important part of the ritual are the eyes. The eyes are the windows to the soul. If you are looking to connect to your high self, the true self, looking into your own eyes is the best way to do this. Have you ever noticed that infants always look into your eyes to try to commuicate and deaf people look intently at your eyes and lips to pick up words and emotions when communicating with you. It is natural for us to look into each others eyes for communication not only to connect with the consciousness but also the the super conciousness and the oneness that we are all connected to.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I don't want to debunk all of this, because it is a very interesting effect, however we are dealing with retinal retention here, and the science has to have it's say. If you stare at something long enough, your retina starts to become more insensitive to the lightest areas of the image. After a while, the photoreceptors that have been exposed to the most light start to numb out. If you change what you are looking at, then you get a wierd overlay image of what is new, and the areas that are not as sensitive anymore, which can be a very wierd effect. This part is not paranormal, but totally normal.

Try it yourself. To speed things up , look at something rather brightly lit for about 10 seconds, and then close and cover your eyes; You will begin to see the object that you were looking at in a kind of negative image, with different colors, and it can last for a while.

A very drastic example exercise is taking a photo strobe light into a closet with another person. Tell them to stare where you are standing at eye level, and then flash the strobe in your own face. Then move somewhere else in the closet and say something. The other person will freak, because they see your face right in front of them, but the voice comes from elsewhere. A very freaky experience.

Have fun..

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

No doubt that does occur in this ritual - but it cannot account for seeing another image altogether or a series of visions. The unexplained phenomena in this ceremony are truly miraculous in some situations.

I'd like to start hearing back from folks who have tried this if it is not too personal to share.

Perhaps that would quell the fear some are feeling towards this ceremony.

Blessings,

-G
edit on 15-1-2011 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Rituals and objects such as crystal balls or mirrors or whatever serve to focus concentration and energy. Some objects such as crystals can also help stimulate the energies within the person. Once a person becomes adept they may not need any of the objects. Just like anything one may have the talent but it takes practice to develop same as it would to get good at baseball or music etc.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Good Thread.

I also suggest using incense if you wish to try stuff like this as it really helps dissolve any fear for me anyways. I use incense a lot when I wish to just chill out and relax and reflect on things.

Also any self reflection needs the mind to be still. I would suggest refraining from watching any kind of television for a few weeks before starting any meditations or reflections as the imagery that is shown on TV interferes with your imagination.

Cheers.

edit on 1-15-2011 by CPYKOmega because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Well, since someone asked...

I decided to give this go out of sheer curiousity, as I am used to meditating often. Does it matter if your cat decides to join you?

Anyway, nothing overtly odd happened that I feel can not be explained by my eyes being fooled by the play of light. It often appeared as if my eyes and pupils themselves were ceaselessly twitching all over the place (when I am sure I was not, in actuality, moving them). This was a little strange, but as I said, I can't help but think I was seeing something which wasn't there.

The only notable development was something I noticed before I decided to blow out the candle. While I was staring at myself, I couldn't help but feel I wasn't actually seeing my own reflection. It's hard to explain. It's almost as if I was experiencing some sort of weird disconnect with my mind and what was in the mirror. I often found myself studying the face and eyes as if this was the reflection of a stranger, and I was simply studying it out of a removed curiousity. Almost like I couldn't recognise myself.

I'm not entirely sure why I had this feeling or how it came about, but I plan to try this again tonight and see if it occurs again. I must add, that it was not at creepy or upsetting.
edit on 15-1-2011 by redhorse11 because: spelling

edit on 15-1-2011 by redhorse11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by redhorse11

Sounds like you came very close to some breakthroughs with the scry. I look forward to your updates and the sharing of anyone else who is willing to bring their experience to light.

Some of the most shocking visions I have seen are other faces altogether, older versions of myself, glasses and facial hair appearing and dissapearing.

The visual sighting of this is an important food group for your subconscious mind - In doing these types of work I believe that you are authentically strengthening your connection to the spirit world and your ability to move within it in a conscious manner.

Baby steps - Then great leaps and strides

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Is it just me or is there something larger at work here . Whenever I 'scry' I freak out . I feel the presence of something larger , something powerful and dark inside me . I feel forced to look away from my self . I wasn't afraid of anything in particular till now , After applying this technique , i am afraid of my self , WTF?!
At any rate , I used to scry ( although I wasn't aware of the term ) long before reading his post and it always freaked me out .
Am I just paranoid or is this what come along with the process of finding oneself ??
Yeah , just weird case of paranoia !

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by renegade17

Its like seeing yourself consciously for the first time.

Who really does this? They look at their skin, at pimples, comb their hair.

But honestly who looks at the mirror in order to 'see' 'themselves'

The results can be frightening along with the powerful realizations that you are more then this body.

The ego fears the notion of death, along with the possibility that you have lived and died many times for in that realization - you are not individual, you are many, disconnectedness is an illusion.

Oneness is real - and it can be a terrifying truth. Especially if you have accepted the ego as your only voice.

Your essence softly whispers beneath the cries to look away "I love you"

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Well,I do not look at myself to satisfy my vanity .
I never had it in me ( style and fashion sense ) . I am more of the nerdy , deeply thoughtful(hence I am on ATS).
YEs I do take an occasional glance at my self before going off to college but when I do it to make myself presentable to my friends .
I had lost all sense of purpose after a thyroid disorder until I found the secrets of the subconscious mind (hypnosis, meditation and the like ) .
I really liked the book The Power of your Sub-Conscious Mind By Dr Joseph Murphy and I would recommend you to read it ( if your interested in the almost-magical properties of the human mind ) .
Anyway, the point is that after years of soul-searching and reviewing almost all the world religions I have come to the ultimate conclusion that we all are indeed one , manifested from one mind( super-conscious/source/GOD/Higher-Being etc. )
Whenever I see thought full in the mirror i.e. my reflection I feel that my face is morphing into a million others ,
I feel at peace at with the universe and this is what i feel frightens me
It brings out a different person in me , someone I am not fully acquainted with . Someone whose taking a hold over me .
If you are in the same boat as me , please help me . I am only 16 and my family and friends feel that I am going bonkers thinking so much about the Human Mind ,NWO and alternate realities . Is this normal ?

When I scry , I feel the same oneness that I feel when I am meditating or performing self-hypnosis .
Should I proceed with scrying ? It really has potential but it seems I may not be able to handle it .

SORRY FOR ONE BIG MESSY AND UNSTRUCTURED POST .
Its just that I am alone with this . No guide , No Help !!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by renegade17

Yes, once you've glimpsed the collective human consciousness - its very scary.

In a way, it means that you're little individual life doesnt really exist - but it does.

You are everyone - yet just yourself.

To have observed yourself moulding into oneness is a frightening scenario. Imagine a cell of our body waking up one day to realize that it is just an integral part of a 34 year old house wife in some other reality. A cell could never comprehend the world beyond its own. Yet the greater being that it is a part of is fully aware of its world.

I think it is the same for us - part of a greater whole - which means in essence we have no control at all.

But perhaps there is more to us then just our experience. What if we are the seeds of a greater being and the pod is ripe and ready to burst? Would we then be birthed as children of the gods into his greater world of experience and understanding?

There is very little to be known for certain - but the absolute truth we must adhere to is that fear is not an option. The NWO, 2012, Ego - All of that fear based reasoning must be replaced with a trust.

We must be careful not to become trapped in what is known as "Mystic flight" Where we assume "Ohhh everything is okay, we are led by the universe" Wrong. Everything is not okay, We cannot lay down and let the river wash us away towards its destination. As a species we must stand and hold space for the changes ahead however they may come, prophesy or not. Change is always coming.

If I would recommend anything to anyone - It is to commence the 'inner work'

Find your self amid the chaos of who you 'think' you are - then the world will become a much gentler ocean to navigate.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join