It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unstoppable tide hits Brisbane

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by loner007

You see that big spike in 1974 - It has been forecasted to be worse than that....

Oh wait i bet that makes your day
Whats your problem? Seriously?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by Shenon

The Damn is still pretty new compared to other's it should be ok and as long as they continue the releases to take off strain it should be fine.

Although your right, i would hate to think if what would happen if it could not cope...

I can relate to that,the 2002 Flood here in Germany was pretty horrible,not as big as what Australia is facing right now,but the Dam which protected us from the worst was almost at the Breaking Point at that Time.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Well I only came to this thread to flame the heck out of Loner007 but I've decided not to bother and instead do something helpful by posting a couple of links to places that you can donate to help the flood victims

Flood relief appeal

The Australian Red Cross

Get volunteering Aussies!!
edit on 11-1-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

I would recommend you take a visit to a psychologist quickly because you have an utter lack of empathy for your fellow human beings. There is something wrong with you and this is not coming from an opinionated point of view, this is coming from an evaluation of what you have said throughout this thread.

Please, seek help.

The last person we saw with weird posts and others telling him to seek help ended up shooting a Congresswoman and killing 6 others....

Just saying....

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Thanks DS - good links.

I wish i could have donated more than i have so far, although the telethon on Ch 9 was great the other night, Emirates donated 1 Million, along with Qantus and many other great companies.

I think so far they are upto 14 million, which all goes to people that were effected by the floods.

www.smh.com.au...

Australian TV viewers raised more than $10 million for Nine's Flood Relief Appeal on Sunday evening.

The charity telethon enlisted celebrities from sport, entertainment and politics to encourage people to donate towards the Queensland floods.

Hosted from Brisbane's Suncorp Piazza by presenters Eddie McGuire, Leila McKinnon and Karl Stefanovic, the show regularly crossed live to the areas hit worst by rising water.

Kevin Rudd, Brad Fittler, Steve Jacobs, Mark Vincent, Wendell Sailor and Emma Freedman were just a few of the famous faces on hand to support the appeal and man the phones.

Viewers were entertained by performances from Tina Arena, Jessica Mauboy, David Campbell, Altiyan Childs, Lee Kernaghan, Kasey Chambers and Troy Cassar-Daley.

Donations are still being taken on the toll-free number 1800 219 028.

Thanks to all that have donated as little or as much as they could

On the night they raised 10 million but it is growing everyday. I am proud to be an aussie at a time like this, to show are National support for one another

They are also planning a sound relief II, as per the first time when we had the bushfires in Victoria which should raise millions more

edit on 11-1-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
reply to post by mamabeth

LOL as if no one saw this coming. If people havent the intellectual capacity to understand that if they build homes in places where flash floods and rising rivers have been known to be in that area then yes TOO DAMN RIGHT I AM LAUGHING

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3448bc276414.jpg[/atsimg]

seriously though, really sad for the people going through this...hopefully us folks on the coasts wont have to in the near future..

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

You are an absolute disgrace to humanity and there should be no place for anyone like you on these boards.

Do you laugh when someone gets hit by a car... after all they knew that cars existed outside their front door?
Do you find it amusing when people die in earthquakes.. I mean come on they knew they were living near a fault line right?
Is it amusing to you that six people died in a shooting in Arizona.. after all they did leave their house in a country that you can legally own a gun?

It appears that, as your name suggests, you have never ventured outside of your parents basement. Can I make the suggestion that you try, you may find that with a change of attitude there may be some people out there who are willing to tolerate you and maybe bring about a difference in your pathetic anti humanistic views..

Back to the OP, my heart goes out to all those who have lost homes and loved ones, I have friends in Townsville who luckily have not been affected this time around.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth_Hz

Dont worry about loner.... he is just that a loner... if we ignore his pitiful post's he will fade away and dissapear like the rest of his kind

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Dude, I have had productive discussion with you on many a thread relating to Climate change. As I have also disagreed with other member like Kryties. This issue is not about being right or wrong.

Loner, you are just being a wanker.

You should be sad if you did indeed see this coming, not laughing. You think being right about devestation on this scale is cause for celebration? Because I don't.

These floods have effected an area the size of France and Germany COMBINED. This is not just about Brisbane and Ipswich which your link is relative to.

NO ONE SAW THIS COMING.

Not Tim Flannery(Climate Change and Environmental spokesman), the CSIRO(Australia's leading Scietific Body) or the vast majority of other Global Warming/Climate Change advocates here in Australia that I have read or studied.
They predicted an increase in regional rainfall leading to increased flooding, not the flooding of an entire state bigger than most European countries over such a sustained period with such levels of precipitation!

No one saw this coming.

So don't be such a wanker. Fears and worries about the threat of climate change require compassion, reason and a unified approach not the gloating and theatrics of insensitive a/holes whose primary concern relating to the issue is simply being right.

To the OP, and other ATS Aussies that have posted their fears and worries for loved one, my hopes and prayers go out to you all as well my fellow countrymen and women during these difficult times.
edit on 11/1/11 by atlasastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

I gotta point this out, our foreign minister Kevin Rudd ( previous prime minister ) was actually on the phones taking donations from everyday people.

Good on him!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
This really is terrible, i pray for every person living in this area to be safe..

But,, I've read something yesterday that really cought my attention, it was about this flood (and other places, Indonesia/Austalia/Asia), it was something about the Indo/Austalian Continental plate that is on drift.
The article was in dutch, so i can give a link but most of u would not understand it ( www.niburunews.com...:indonesie-zinkt-door-stijgende-indo-australische-plaat&catid=18:nature-a-en vironment&Itemid=37 ) problem is, that website is a bit on the dreamer side, and can't always be taken seriously.

But still this article is sourced from other sites that are more "credible"

In short, that article goes about the continental plate in between USA,Asia,Australia.It is moving faster towards Australia and Asia, it mentioned that, the continental plate is pushing Australia and Asia up. And because of that movement all the water that is in the lifted area is going to flow downstream to the lower area of that continents. The news only talks about flooding because of massive rainfall (i dont live in Australia and don't know how much it has rained) but the before mentioned theory looked plausible in my opinion, maybe its a bit of a mix (massive rainfall/continental drift) that is causing all of this..
edit on 11/1/2011 by Bauwser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

lmao

you gotta point there. ok enough talk about Loner though.

If he replies again just ognore his ramblings....

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Bauwser

I read that as well. At this point ir's hard to point finger's at any one particular cause though.

Many things have crossed my mind.. *put's on tin foil hat
* the gulf stream, HAARP, techtonics, global warming, global cooling and a possible onset of iceage. Perhaps just apart of Earth's cycles.

It's hard to say without proper scientific data and investigation. But it does need more investigation!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Good lord, I'm so sorry to wake up to this, this morning. What a nightmare. I hope it stops soon.
To all of those involved, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Godspeed.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Wow, this is a terrible situation for you guys down there. It's unbelievable that such a huge area is being affected. I can't help wondering if there's not some kind of weather war going on - although that's sheer speculation, I know.

My heart goes out to you all. Words seem inadequate. I wish I could help in some way.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
at all the pathetic attmepted flames.
just to clear up one thing I have no love for humanity that is true why? because on the whole I find humans to be arrogant, ignorant and totally less intelligent than that of a germ and no wisdom whatsoever. Building on a flood plain that has been known to flood well just really claifies my points dosent it

edit on 11/1/2011 by loner007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

You and I have had our disagreements in the past mate but in this case I completely agree with you.

I've been meaning to mend bridges between us btw, but that's for another conversation

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Go away troll.

Second line to tell the troll to go away again.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

just to clear up one thing I have no love for humanity that is true why? because on the whole I find humans to be arrogant, ignorant and totally less intelligent than that of a germ and no wisdom whatsoever. Building on a flood plain that has been known to flood well just really claifies my points dosent it

Your above comment is actually spot on; it's arrogant, ignorant and totally less intelligent.

It's just a good job not all humans share your personal characteristics....

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I know I said not to respond to you but.. I've done some research and I know where you live ;-) Guess what... you're not safe, best get up into them hills.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join