It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unstoppable tide hits Brisbane

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by loner007

because this isnt just an isolated incident is it? Its not just Australia, Pakistan had floods in 2010. and too right I laugh. YOu think last year was bad? lol wait till this year really starts. Ever heard of the saying u made ur bed now lie in it?

I think your attitude explains your username. What a sad pathetic existence you must live. IT's a shame that a human life must be wasted on someone like you.

My thoughts and prayers are with Brisbane right now. You WILL get through it.
edit on 11-1-2011 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
You know that they actually built the Ivanohoe dam to stop this, imagine if they didnt
2011 flood would be noah arc material

God ya hate dipsh^ts hey, why say that mate, i reckon stop smoking pot and get a job and a life

Imagine fighting with these guys in the trenches of Fromelles

Wal
edit on 11-1-2011 by auswally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

reply to post by mamabeth

LOL as if no one saw this coming.

So people are supposed to know that in the future there will be a catastrophic flood and not just a flood the citizens of that area have learned to adjust to?

If people havent the intellectual capacity to understand that if they build homes in places where flash floods and rising rivers have been known to be in that area

No place is safe on this planet. So should we avoid every area in our world where something bad could happen? Well then I guess we would be left with only about 10% of the land area and no natural resources.

These residents have acknowledged and accepted that where they live is flood prone, I’m sure most of them have experienced bad floods before whilst living there. But these are disastrous floods that no one can ever expect.

then yes TOO DAMN RIGHT I AM LAUGHING

Well when you are done laughing I hope you begin praying or doing some really good deeds or you will soon be in for a very rude awakening.

Your post, it’s absolutely pitiful.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by loner007

How can you talk like you know that area, FYI: that area isnt well know for floods, they had floods 9 months ago which werent as bad but that was apparently a 1 in 100 year flood but now this.

Many rural area's affected by the floods have actually been in a 10+year drought.

Stop trolling!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

You laugh when these people are killed and displaced
because they were foolish to build where they did.
One of these days YOU will face a calamity and others
will laugh at you.
Since I don't like you
,you can talk to my paw!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by auswally

Ironically the damn is putting more strain of the Brisbane river system at the moment as the damn is at capacity and they are having to do controlled releases as if they dont the damn will burst.

It is protecting Brisbane and it's suburbs but at the same time the controlled releases are making it worse downstream. All this combined with the King tide expected tomorrow in Brisbane bay and Ocean area's will make things even worse.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Dont feed the Troll,just report and ignore him.

OnTopic: I hope the Dams can take this much abuse...worst Case Scenario? Dont even want to think about it.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
DO NOT RESPOND TO LONER007 POSTS OR THREADS AS YOU ARE FEEDING THE TROLL

That will probably be enough to ruin his day

Back to topic now?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

reply to post by badw0lf

because this isnt just an isolated incident is it? Its not just Australia, Pakistan had floods in 2010. and too right I laugh. YOu think last year was bad? lol wait till this year really starts. Ever heard of the saying u made ur bed now lie in it?

What the hell are you blathering about?

Made my bed?

you're an idiot...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

You, Sir, can get right royally stuffed. People are dying out there and you laugh?

I couldn't give a toss whether you "saw it coming" or not - people like you are what's wrong with this god-forsaken planet. I see your name is "Loner" and I can safely assume, after reading your trollop, that there is a good reason for that.

I'm in Sydney and my heart goes out to my fellow countrymen up in Queensland, my fiancée's aunty is preparing to evacuate her property up there as we speak and she says it's the most terrifying thing she has ever experienced.

My only fear is that the water has nowhere to go but south into N.S.W. then into S.A. and out into the Great Australian Bight. We haven't seen the last of this yet, not by a long shot.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

The Damn is still pretty new compared to other's it should be ok and as long as they continue the releases to take off strain it should be fine.

Although your right, i would hate to think if what would happen if it could not cope...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
It really seems like the earth is lashing out in pain recently, with all of the sinkholes appearing, on top of the increased earthquake activity and crazy weather all over the world, our sealife and birds dying en masse at essentially the same time, and now with flash flooding down under after the UK and much of the northern hemisphere was utterly frozen for a while. It's not right and we should aas a species be ashamed of what we've done to the planet.

As something of an aside, I can't help but think it's no coincidence that we're suddenly being opened to the idea of life possibly existing from aeons ago (lake Vostok), or to extraterrestrial life being possible to the extent of not even being carbon-based life (the arsenic-based bacteria in that lake in Florida, the name eludes me, sorry), to there being other earths out there (the missing-link planet recently announced). Even entertainment media is all sci-fi themed this year with many being based on the theme of alien invasions.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

LOL as if no one saw this coming. If people havent the intellectual capacity to understand that if they build homes in places where flash floods and rising rivers have been known to be in that area then yes TOO DAMN RIGHT I AM LAUGHING

That's horrible! Those poor people don't deserve to be laughed at no matter what happened. Please be kind. You might need the favor and pity of others someday.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Thats true as well, they have already metioned on the news that this will affect us for months down the track as all that water makes it's way downstream..

Northern NSW is already starting to experiance flash flooding with the rainfall and river systems being swamped.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
LOL www.bom.gov.au...

nuff said

link   

LOL as if no one saw this coming. If people havent the intellectual capacity to understand that if they build homes in places where flash floods and rising rivers have been known to be in that area then yes TOO DAMN RIGHT I AM LAUGHING

Ya know, it's people like you who I expect to go and shoot up innocent people because you blame them for something or another in your sick and twisted little reality, yet it's always the quiet ones.

I wonder if there is a user.script that can replace the ignore feature. I'll have to look.

You're not even worth the space your rubbish takes up on my screen.

link   

DIAF.

Nuff said.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
News Update:

NSW feeling the effects of the floods:

1700 NSW residents cut off by floods

More than 1700 people are stranded in their homes by floodwaters in northern NSW, as river levels continue to rise.

The State Emergency Service (SES) says that the number of people cut off is expected to increase, as more rain falls on Tuesday.

Areas around Grafton, bordered by the Clarence River, are of most concern to the SES on Tuesday, spokesman Phil Campbell said.

'The Clarence River is probably the big problem for us today,' he said.

Source: bigpondnews.com...
edit on 11-1-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I am sorry but i cant stop laughing. I said in other posts regarding mans affect on the climate that we will see extreme weather all over the world as the planet tries to get rid of its excess heat. read up on Gaia theory and you might understand.

So, let me just get this straight, you can't stop laughing about the fact people are dying and losing their homes?

With friends like you, who needs enemies...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

LOL www.bom.gov.au...

nuff said

LOOK LONER that is beside the point! These people are INNOCENT and many are DYING! What part of that do you not comprehend?

I would recommend you take a visit to a psychologist quickly because you have an utter lack of empathy for your fellow human beings. There is something wrong with you and this is not coming from an opinionated point of view, this is coming from an evaluation of what you have said throughout this thread.

Please, seek help.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join