It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just great, now I am a Danger to society

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
ishred...IMO, I think you are getting some VERY bad advice on this thread.

So how would revolting against your coworkers, or 'tricking' or 'messing' with them help you any? I am going to take a really big guess here and assume you need your job. Then I am going to take an even BIGGER guess here and say that it seems like it might matter to you what your co-workers think about you?

Those are two very normal things. The fact that they have talked with you about their concerns seems that perhaps they even care about you, or at least worried enough to be concerned for themselves.

I would think that now is the time to show them just how sane you are, by acting what they consider to be normal. This simply means to NOT talk about conspiracy theories at work, which most likely isn't exactly appropriate anyways.

If you were to behave how the majority of the posters on this thread suggest, you will only be proving thier case against you. You will be causing yourself harm, and making it that much more difficult to get your opinion out there.

Best thing to do is let this blow over. They are communicating a concern to you. Whether you agree with it or not you need to recognize that you are making people uncomfortable. Since you are at work, that could be a problem. Unfortunately, the realty of this life is that if we want employment and comfort than we do need to conform to a degree. Work may not be the place to get through to people. Show them that you are very much sane, that you care about what they are saying to you and back off. Then, after this has all blown over, maybe someone will be willing to listen to you....outside of the workplace. If this opens up a dialogue with even one person, (and saves your job and reputation)...than I think it would be worth it.

What you do outside of work is your own business.
edit on 15-1-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Show them this

www.youtube.com...

It has tons of instances where our rights are being taken from us from under our noses.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Heres a fun one that I did a while back......build (or buy) and FM transmitter, have it set to the local radio station frequency. Get a friend (who's voice your work colleagues won't recognise) to record an urgent news message to your iPod (or whatever) in his / her best radio voice stating that you are armed and dangerous and nobody is to approach you. Now if your FM transmitter is strong enough and /or close enough to the radio it should cut out the local broadcast and the looks on your fellow workers faces should be priceless........it worked a charm for me, best April fools ever!

On a serious note however, this will all blow over soon, so you shouldn't worry too much about it, when something bad happens, people look all over with feelings of suspicion and paranoia, until the next crazy happenings.
edit on 15/1/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

that would work in any normal work setting, but i'm in the marine corps in afghanistan, completely diffent rules apply. but like i said in the post right before yours, im not really worried about it. i'll get out of the marine corps and never talk to most of them again.

And something i tell them about will happen and they'll just think "Man... he was right."

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

that is an awesome idea, definately doin that some day

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
The solution is simply not to talk to your co-workers about anything non-work related.

They aren't your friends.

It's not a place to socialize or share your views on everything.

Keep your thoughts to yourself, they will only use them against you if they can.

The conspiracy nutter in you should realize this, co-workers are not to be trusted.

I'm sure you are nice and want to help people realize the wrongs in the world but the workplace is not where you should do it. It will just cause you trouble and alienate your co-workers.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Well that completely changes the dynamics of everything. In your situation, your co-workers are your family right now.

I would caution you even more to not 'act out' like some of the posteres on here have suggested. If they are as concernced as you have said, I would be very careful about what you are posting on here too. Nothing is private. Some of the things said on here would totally back-up the fears they are relaying to you. Get what I mean?

Stay safe over there. Just be yourself as much as you can, but choose what you say and who you say it to wisely. You must have a friend or two there? I would say you have bigger things to worry about right now than any of the conspiracies!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I'll be blunt with ya, don't hate me for this, it's for your own good.
After this incident (co-workers afraid of you because of Lougner's) "Keep your mouth shut, keep it to yourself"

In this world, not everybody ready to find out about what really going on.
So blend in, wear a mask, pretend as if your were one of them. And by god believe you me, our time (conspiracy theoriests') will come eventually.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join