It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: China Warns Condoleezza Rice About Taiwan

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Crying Wolf on Terrorism. Who is the Wolf?

The terror alert level has been raised to orange (high alert) five times since September 11, 2001. There have been numerous other terror warnings since the "color coded" alert system was first established in the wake of 9/11.

There is, however, evidence from police sources that at least two of these five high profile post-9/11 code orange terror alerts were fabricated. (February 7, 2003, and December, 21, 2003) (for details and documentary evidence see www.globalresearch.ca... ).

There is also ample evidence that Al Qaeda is an creation of the US intelligence apparatus and that the terror network is supported by the Bush Administration. (See globalresearch.ca... , globalresearch.ca... , globalresearch.ca... )

The most recent DHS announcement has all the appearances of yet another fabricated report of an impending attack by an illusive "outside enemy". Amply documented Al Qaeda is not only a CIA sponsored "intelligence asset", the disinformation regarding the terror attacks emanates out of US intelligence. (See globalresearch.ca... )

Details of the police/intelligence investigation regarding Secretary Tom Ridge's July terror warning have not been provided. US officials, have said that they do "not have specific knowledge about where, when or how such an attack would take place, but the CIA, the FBI and other agencies are said to be "actively working to gain that knowledge.'"

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Concluding Remarks

America is at the crossroads of the most serious crisis in its history.

An Al Qaeda sponsored terrorist attack is being contemplated as a "trigger mechanism" for carrying out a Coup d'Etat.

Whether it is going to be carried out is another matter. The statements of the Bush administration regarding the possibility of a red code alert must, nonetheless, be taken seriously.

The coded terror alerts and "terror events" which have been announced by DHS are part of a disinformation campaign carried out by the CIA, the Pentagon, the State Department and Homeland Security.

US intelligence is not only involved in creating phony terror warnings, it is also firmly behind the terror groups, providing them with covert support.( See www.globalresearch.ca... )

Documented by official police sources, at least two of the DHS's high profile post 9/11 terror alerts were fabricated. (globalresearch.ca... )

Media Disinformation

A Coup d'Etat which suspends civilian institutions is not only contemplated, it has become a talking point on network TV; it is openly debated as a "solution" to "protecting American democracy" which is said to be threatened by Islamic terrorists.

The implications of a red code alert are trivialised. Through media disinformation, citizens are being prepared and gradually conditioned for the unthinkable.

This ongoing militarisation of America is not a project of the Republicans.

The "war on terrorism" is part of a bipartisan agenda. Successive US administrations since Jimmy Carter have supported the Islamic brigades and have used them in covert intelligence operations.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Zcheng

You are not the only person who has had thoughts along
those lines. The NWO needs to consolidate power and the
only way to do that is get the U.S. outta the way. The only
way this is possible is to burden us with wars and or civil
war.

I don't know who you are but you do seem to have foreign
support to the lines of thought that you have. Is there more
than one Zcheng or do you have multiple people posting
with the same screen name?

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soul Reaper

I am just one person, but I sometimes quote comments from other BBS where the thoughts are similar to mine.

I forget to mention that above 3 posts are excerpts from

Coup d'Etat in America?
By: Michel Chossudovsky
globalresearch.ca...

If interested, you can also read it at
iraqwar.mirror-world.ru...

I post them because the possibility of that happening with its devastating effects not only for US people, but also for people around the world.

In these days, truth is hidden and called conspiracy, while lies are broadcasted around the globe. I want to reveal the truth, as much as I can. I believe there is a real possibility for a staged major terror event to influence the American public before Nov. election.

Peace and Wisdom to American people.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Another good comment I want to share:

Well, I'd Say This Pretty Well Covers It
by Richard Steven Hack Guest on 21.07.2004 [18:27 ]

Obviously if North Korea (or "Al Qaeda" -ie the Mossad posing as "Al Qaeda - with North Korea blamed for the source) pops a nuke off on US soil, does anybody think this whole sequence of events won't trigger a "Code Red national emergency" and suspension of civil liberties? Is the plan a little more obvious to you now? Does FromPortugal understand the stakes now are a little higher than Bush's "concern for his allies"? They're getting ready to make their final move to completely trash the Constitution (what little is left of it - and it was never more than a piece of paper anyway even in post-Revolutionary War days) and install not merely a fascist state but an OBVIOUSLY fascist state. And contrary to USAn, most of the US public - I'd say at least 99.9 percent (not counting people who are already criminals) - will lie down under it. I myself will probably have to hide out to avoid being returned to Federal prison under whatever statute they decide allows the re-incarceration of "dangerous persons". They better not miss their first pick-up attempt is all I can say, or I'm gone. And if I have to go back to "Plan A" (my original terrorism plan), the US is in deep #.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng
Because if you do not understand, US people will mindlessly support hostility against China. In Case of War, US people and Chinese people will face each other in the battlefield. China has no intention to threat US, but China has every will to defend Chinese interest like Taiwan. Taiwan not only belongs people in Taiwan, but also belongs to All Chinese people in Mainland China.

Taiwan is part of China, though self governed now. If you are so thirsty of blood, join the fight when it comes.

However, as Taiwan is NOT a part of China, the Chinese people have no say in its final disposition. There is no peace treaty or binding treaty of any kind that gives Taiwan to China at any time during or following the Second World War.

China has NO legal claim to Taiwan and no moral claim either as the Taiwanese people prefer the independence that it currently has!

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludahai
However, as Taiwan is NOT a part of China, the Chinese people have no say in its final disposition. There is no peace treaty or binding treaty of any kind that gives Taiwan to China at any time during or following the Second World War.
China has NO legal claim to Taiwan and no moral claim either as the Taiwanese people prefer the independence that it currently has!

I can only tell you that you ARE ignorant of the history of Taiwan and China. Tell me, since when is Taiwan Independent? Can you find and read the ROC constitution?

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
zcheng you simply amaze me there is no stopping you from crating these conspiracy theories coup de tat WTF common even you can see that you are fueled by this jealous hatred for American and what it stands for you would much rather see us fall and doubt out fellow Americans that is why you post these ludicrous things all I got to say is deal with it cuz we ain�t going anywhere soon were here to stay have a nice day

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng
I can only tell you that you ARE ignorant of the history of Taiwan and China. Tell me, since when is Taiwan Independent? Can you find and read the ROC constitution?

Perhaps YOU are ignorant of Tawanese history. No matter what the propaganda manuals that you quote chapter and verse from tell you, regardless of how you or I interpret the history of Taiwan, only one thing matters.

What do the people of Taiwan feel? By recent polls like 70% do not identify with China. It seems your governments hard line and endless threats had done the exact opposite. You managed to alienate the people of Taiwan. You only have yourself to blame. Then you followed things up with you One China two systems that turned out to be One China and the same old oppressive system. Your government will be a case study in future history classes on how not to deal with a problem like this...

[edit on 23-7-2004 by FredT]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
If China wipes out Taiwan, Walmart and Autozone would collapse. Where would we be? Probably better off having parts and goods shipped in from elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Something that the PRC president seems to forget is that Taiwanese are not chinese. The fact that the republic of china immigrate there doesn't make inhabitants chinese people.

There are 9 kind of different native people who were here a long time before the first chinese immigration.

There are 2 (Hoklo and Hakka ) kind of people who came around the 17e century.

All these people have been here for a long time, they have their own culture, their own languages.

Formosa ( the other name of taiwan) has been a neitherland and spanish colony, part of Quin empire, invaded by japanese, a free democratic republic ( republic of Taiwan), invaded by KMT (republic of China)... But it has never belong to People republic of China.

When KMT take, by force, the power in Taiwan (remember 228), killing intellectuals, doctors, scientists, teachers, they decided that the national language would be Mandarin Chinese.

Now, tell me if the fact to speak Chinese in a country makes the country a part of China. Then, Quebec, switzerland, Belgium and a bunch of african countries belong to France. And South africa, australia and USA belong to UK.

chinese invaded Tibet, everybody shut up, now they want Taiwan, will the world close his eyes again?

It reminds me something: a german guy who decided that Poland belongs to Germany. This guy was Adolf Hitler, will we have to leave the same kind of thing again and again?

Taiwan is a nice place, a republic, a democracy, you have freedom of speech and foreigners are welcome, what about in China?

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by abajootz
If China wipes out Taiwan, Walmart and Autozone would collapse. Where would we be? Probably better off having parts and goods shipped in from elsewhere.

Where do you get the idea that if China wipes out Taiwan Wal-mart and Auto-zone would collapse? Unless you mean that all economic ties would be cut between the US and China(you know, it may not be a bad idea to go to war with the Chinese).

Besides, I haven't seen any products from Taiwan in a while and everyone knows that products made in Taiwan are superior than products made by mainland China.

Back to the thread, why is this Chinaman-dude bitching at Condi for? She's only the Sec. of State. Doesn't he know she'll pull his little beady eyes out of his head through his nostrils if he pushes her too far?

China doesn't want to mess with Taiwan's affairs and it won't be a war with the US if they do. We'll just sick Japan back on them(the Chicoms). and we all know the Chinese fear the Japanese!

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Nope, because most of the Chinese people's english here is not as good as Zcheng's. You can easily tell the difference between them from their posts.

Actually I do hope there is one U.S person here that can read Chinese.
Because after he/she reads the articles in China's websites, forums and BBS, he/she won't say China is still a pure communist anymore. In fact, in some areas China is more capitalism than U.S.

You can say China is still a "dictatorship" but as long as this kind of "dictatorship" is good for economic development and people life then we should still stick to it. Just look at Singapore, the most "dictatorship" country in Asia. Their people have a good life there.

As an oversea Chinese, I can see China is becoming more and more democratic.
But I think China should not fully accept the concept of "Democracy" of the west due to the difference between eastern/western culture.

For example, my hometown(Guangzhou, in south China) began to build its first subway 6 years ago. Around 100,000 residents, who might live there for more than 50 years, need to moved out from the downtown to get this project started.
The whole process in my hometown went very well because most of the residents there understand(or were educated) that they must sacrifice their temporaty personal benefit for other people and eventually 100,000 people all move to suburb. As a result, 4 subway has been built in my hometown during the last 6 years and 6 more subway will be finished in the next 4 years.

I am just curious how U.S/Canada/Europe handle such kind of issue when they need to move 100,000 people from downtown to suburb because their law and culture emphasize on individual rights and personal land

Originally posted by Soul Reaper
Zcheng

You are not the only person who has had thoughts along
those lines. The NWO needs to consolidate power and the
only way to do that is get the U.S. outta the way. The only
way this is possible is to burden us with wars and or civil
war.

[edit on 6-3-2006 by google_abcd]

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Taiwan is being kept as a mediation device (poor taiwan) for the two countries...

Taiwan really isn't our business any more than any country that we trade with...
but Chinese interest in it changed that dynamic...

I bet that frustrates China to no end... it means that Taiwan can ask ANY country for help from being taken... but of course asks big bad USA... (our trade improves also)

Now... China has raised the issue... due to some entirely different reason...
diversionary tactic... but obvious...

As long as Taiwan doesn't make bone headed indepedant move, everything will stay the same... (they know where bread is buttered, so probably wont happen)

Also... side note: regarding the US natives issue...
Yeah, there are certain parts of US history that are not so proud...
but how are those reparations with the tibetans going? I haven't seen the new tibetian reservations schools, but gee, if they are anything like they are here, then it ought to raise the building code in Tibet at least...
I'll stop there... Yeah, the Indians got a bad deal... but America feels obligated to help from here on... so when Tibetians have the same rights and benefits, let me know...

all i have seen so far is a big tibetian bash contest... where murderous actions against peaceful people are being justified to the chinese populace that the tibetians were being saved from themselves, and their backwards child raping ways...
So perhaps that isn't the best analogy for Chinese people to throw around...
maybe even a good reason to drop the claim, and accept that the tibetian takeover was just a mean stupid move, by a previous administration... rather than try to defend it with slanderous lies...

sorry... back to the topic...
China- US... good at posturing, but will never go to open war.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Well, I need to you one thing: Tibetian have more rights and benefits than Chinese living in other provinces.
-Tibetian don't have one child policy. They can have as many children as they want.
-Tibetian students have a much lower standard to get into colleges and universitis, compared to the students in other provinces in China.
-Tibet doesn't need to pay any TAX to central government. All tax goes to its local government and will be used for Tibet.
-If you create a company in Tibet you don't need to pay any tax until you get back your investment.
- 40 billion loan from China goverment with 0 interest.
-3,500 PLA soliders from other provinces lost their lives for building the 1,300KM railway in Tibet.
-Current China's president, Mr. HuJinTao, has been working as the officer in Tibet for many years. Do you know what does living in Tibet mean? 4,000 altitude, The altiplano reaction will make you want to die in the first few weeks due to the lack of oxygen.

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
I'll stop there... Yeah, the Indians got a bad deal... but America feels obligated to help from here on... so when Tibetians have the same rights and benefits, let me know...

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   

When you mean the Chinese people, I hope you do know that Taiwan is 98% Han Chinese.

You obviously don't know much about Taiwan and China do you? There are as many people who support Taiwanese independence as there are those who support reunification. Most Taiwanese support the current status quo, which is Taiwan is a state of China beyond Beijing's control that would eventually reunify with the mainland when the guidlines of the NUC has been met.

[edit on 6-3-2006 by k4rupt]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by k4rupt

When you mean the Chinese people, I hope you do know that Taiwan is 98% Han Chinese.

You obviously don't know much about Taiwan and China do you? There are as many people who support Taiwanese independence as there are those who support reunification.

It seems that you don't make a big difference between "taro" and "sweet potatoe".

Let me tell you something, there is a difference between "having chinese origins" ( from the 17th century) and being chinese.

As being australian or from UK or french and being form Quebec ( Quebec is not France, and Australia is not UK)

Taiwan is a state of China beyond Beijing's control ONLY IN CHINESE DREAMS.

Taiwan is a sovereign state and if the world community was more interested by DEMOCRACY than MONEY, could be free from chines threat.

They don't even speak the same chinese (like english/american), and
don't even write the same way.

A chinese can't even read a letter that his grandfather wrote without learning to read "traditional words".

Taiwanese kids learn english in kindergarten (even in the countryside).

There is a strong native culture, (Paiwan, Amis, ...)

Mandarin is the national language, so what? Before it was japanese...

Only a few people speak chinese at home and they use their native language to talk with friends.

Even people that you call "han chinese" speak Hakka or Hokklo.

And the more they learn about history, the more they can see that Taiwan is not China.

Go to the south of Taiwan and you will see that people feel closer from japanese than for chinese.

Why? Easy, china never did anything FOR Taiwan, except avoiding WHO to come and help to face SARS, and try to stop Taiwan in its evolution and communication with other countries.

as many people who support Taiwanese independence as there are those who support reunification:THIS IS A BIG BULL...!!!

70% think they have the right to choose THEIR future. In Taiwan, people VOTE and have REFERENDUM...

And Taiwanese don't need a PARTY to think for themselves.

You obviously don't know much about Taiwan, do you?

And about China as a nice country...

... when poor people (85 millions get less than 882 yuans/year) will eat
every day (29 millions eat when they are lucky) then,
maybe Taiwan will be interested to be closer from china...

(you can read about it in : Liowang / Yazhou Zhoukan / courrier international )

[edit on 11-3-2006 by hsia]

[edit on 11-3-2006 by hsia]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

This has the potential to explode into a conflict and could lead to a cooling of relations between Washington and the world's most populous nation.. or worse the relations could become hostile.

We will have to watch this one and see how it evolves.. The challenges for the next President of the United States of America are growing.. and none can be bigger at the moment than a potential conflict with China.

Related ATS News/Discussion:

OP/ED: Is China preparing for a conflict over Taiwan?

[edit on 20-7-2004 by Banshee]

What do you think about Iran problem and UE 's reaction:
official declaration says that they are scared about Russia and China 's
reactions if they try to stop Iran.

Now, tell me if I am paranoid, China and Russia had 2 month ago ( as every year) a common training of their respective armies...

add to that, a big part of China is muslim...

As countries leaders use to say about war :"cette fois c'est la derniere"
(this one will be the last one)

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   

NWO bankers in city of london with brotherhood don't need GWB anymore, prepare for WWIII use either China or middle east as hot bed for action, plan for mega bucks (trillion) profit and when war over one world government in place.

Easy day and easy bucks for the boys at the top of the pyramid YEAH BABY!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo

Easy day and easy bucks for the boys at the top of the pyramid YEAH BABY!!!

I want to be at the top of the pyramid

You are the new number nine
Who's number one?
You are the new number nine
I am not a number, I am a free man
Ah Ah Ah

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join