It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: China Warns Condoleezza Rice About Taiwan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
"that was over 200 years ago, not in 1950 or so or today."

Who said it does not matter?

Why Jews are returning to Palestine after about thousand year?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng
"China has 24 D-5's The DF-31 is listed as a ?"
So you mean ? should be between -4 to 5?

Do you ever heard of DF-41, JL-2, 094?
I can assure you that US can destroy China, China can also destroy US.
Yet it is true: China do not have capability to destroy the world.
[edit on 9-7-2004 by zcheng]

The DF-41 is listed as not being in Service till 2010. The JL-1 has a range of 1700 kilometers. Not enough to hit the CONUS. Nor would the sub that carries it ever get close enough to launch. The JL-2 is still in development.
www.fas.org...

Were and to who would China sell its goods to? North Korea? Cuba? Iran? Yemen? I seriously doubt the EU would passivly go for China Invaing Taiwan either. If you can't trade with the US and the EU with who? Take out the 100+ billion a year in trade deficits with China and we may take a hit from inflation, but nothing compared to what you would. Russian interestes will also be hurt as they have no interest in seeing CHian get any stronger both militarily or economically.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
it matters because people thought different back 200 years ago and most here hate imperialism and slaughtering others unlike back then.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

In response to the above report the U.S.A. has now made it clear that it stands by its commitments to help Tiawan's Defence. This is not good people. China could react strongly to this.

How may I ask are they going to react strongly? Please. They are not going to invade nor are they do anything rash. Period. The US will help Taiwan in the event of Chinese agression.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
"Russian interestes will also be hurt as they have no interest in seeing CHian get any stronger both militarily or economically."

Russia and China just announce joint millitary exercise next year. Russia imminent danger is in Nato expansion and Georgia. You know who is behind all this. Will you worry current problem, or possible problem in 20 years?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
"it matters because people thought different back 200 years ago and most here hate imperialism and slaughtering others unlike back then."

You certainly think US is doing a favor for Iraqi people, ask them.

Do not talk to me about Tibet, unless you cleared you position on native indians.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
[the numbers of icbm's and other nuclear missles could easily all be intercepted when our abm shield is set up(in japan, south korea, australia, in the pacific and alaska) china wont be much a threat then.

Some but not all. China will simply use slave labor to build more than we have interceptors for. However, this could also have the effect of taking down thier economy by forcing them to build counters much like Reagan spent the SOviets to death in the 80's

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Russia and China just announce joint millitary exercise next year. Russia imminent danger is in Nato expansion and Georgia. You know who is behind all this. Will you worry current problem, or possible problem in 20 years?

SO what. Countries have military exersizes all the time. In as far a NATO expansion is scaring the Russians there is no doubt. If you really think the US runs rughshod over NATO, you need to stop reading your censored press. With France and Germany part of NATO they also help pull the strings. However, As Chinas demands for natural resources increases, were do you think they will look? To the Siberian Fields of the north. Yes yes Tom Clancy wrote a fictional account describing this scenario, but it seems more and more plausable to me as each day goes by.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   
[the numbers of icbm's and other nuclear missles could easily all be intercepted when our abm shield is set up(in japan, south korea, australia, in the pacific and alaska) china wont be much a threat then. ]

Great, I am wondering why US or Japan is so worrying of dumb missiles from North Korea, and seems to have no concern for missiles from China.

I guess China do not have any long range missiles.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
"you need to stop reading your censored press."

What a joke

Your Fair and Balanced Faux News?
CNN, MSNBC? NPR?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   
look, i will gurantee that there will be no war between china and the us. even if you guys dont get it bcoz ur too passionate or emotional, the leaders of the 2 countries know so.

war bet china and us will not materialise, there is too much at stake. if china invades taiwan, sure the us maybe there but they would definately call for the un and try and stall further military action and solve this in a diplomatic manner.

its really amusing to see some of you quoting how many missiles china or the us and what would happen if they launched it. kids!! grow up.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
namehere, FredT, good to discuss with you.

But remember no war between China and US.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   

namehere, answer following question first:

what US did to native indian who had lived in America for at least thousand of years.

Why is it whenever a ChiCom has absolutely no case for their planned aggression against the free nation of Taiwan, they have to return to this old, staid argument? They obviously have no moral high ground on this issue, it is cold politics, and they will lose! Taiwan is a democracy, and China's hard talk is pushing Taiwanese away, not drawing them toward the Middle Kingdom.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   

"you need to stop reading your censored press."

What a joke

Your Fair and Balanced Faux News?
CNN, MSNBC? NPR?

Look, anyone who spouts off the ChiCom line from the People's Daily like Squealer in Animal Farm has absolutely no business talking to anyone about citing the press in a free country.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Seems like a conflict between China and USA is about 2 steps from happening if one reads this again

""if Taiwan authorities go their own way toward independance" Jang was quoted as saying in the official account of the meeting, "and if foreign forces step in, we will never sit by and watch"

Taiwan would have to declair its independance AND a foriegn power would have to intervine, then Chia would take an undisclosed action.

Taiwan doesnt want to be destroyed as both sides fight over them....they dont want the $$$ flow to stop their either...

Neither does China or the USA want the trade to be hindered....

so it seems that were at least 3 steps from a conflict....this is diplomatic sabre rattling because china will have a harder time domintaing taiwan if they keep recieving tech from the west....
but as long as taiwan doesnt declair themselves independant fully...we'll just keep this a hot talking point between the USA and China.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 05:30 AM
link   
What kind of lunacy is this? I can't believe some of the posts on this topic. How can any thinking individual address an issue like "thermonuclear war" in terms of "who can kick who's ass"? Duh!! It's that type of mentality that will inevitably lead to this country's downfall. What happened to intelligent, thoughtful people in this country? It seems the USA has become a country of mindless, arrogant, self-serving thugs with a "John Wayne Complex". I hate to say it, but this isn't a John Wayne movie, boys and girls. Hydrogen bombs are not to be taken lightly.

We currently have a moron for President who thinks he is God's "Chosen One". He's mentally unstable, and, if anything, is the best candidate for "Anti-Christ" that I know of. He believes he can bully everyone in the world into abiding by his sick, self-serving image of Democratic principles. He/WE may be in for a huge, horrific surprise if he/WE continue pushing the rest of the world's buttons. Outside our borders we're becoming known as the World's Greatest Terrorist Threat. George Bush is a very dangerous individual, with no sense or understanding for all the death and destruction that has resulted from his distorted view of the world, and he will lead us straight to Hell if we allow him to. He's bankrupting this country financially and spiritually, daily stripping us of the prescious "freedoms" we once held so near and dear, and is quite successfully alienating us from the rest of the world with his stupidity and arrogance.

I surely hope the people of this country wake up before it's too late. The balance of power in the world may be more delicate than we imagine, and our place in it is not assured by any means. "He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword", as it was once said. I, for one, think WE as a country are taking the wrong stance, and if WE don't wake up and think about the damage we're doing to ourselves and everyone else in the world, then WE will deserve all the dreadful things that come our way.

By the way, I also think Condoleeza Rice is an idiot, and just as dangerous as our inept "leader". I wouldn't be disturbed at all if they were both, as well as the other members of this "Administration From Hell", held accountable and charged with war crimes one day. They've done more to set this country back than any other administration I can think of, and it will take many years to undo the damage already done. That is "IF" it can ever be undone.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Netbound re-quotes,

. "He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword",

I say far better than dying on my knees, pleading for my head to remain attatched to my shoulders.....

Net's views echo the fear i hear all the time....fear to assume a leadership role...fear that people that already hate us enough to kill themselves to get at us, might somehow be more angry....fear that these 2 big countries are literally awaiting an excuse to torch the planet....

China and the USA will work AROUND the Taiwan issue unless Taiwan pushes things into a problem, which isnt in their or China, or the USA's interests.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by netbound
Hydrogen bombs are not to be taken lightly.

Netbond, you one of the few wise men in US today. Your insightful comments are appreciated.

For the relationship US and China, the understanding of American people for Chinese people is urgently needed. Most Chinese people have great admiration for US for her strength, innovation, and institutions. Chinese people are furious when talking about US bullying China in issues like supporting Taiwan independence, bombing of Embassy.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia
China and the USA will work AROUND the Taiwan issue unless Taiwan pushes things into a problem, which isnt in their or China, or the USA's interests.

This is the way US and China should go. The only question is whether the US leadership is smart enough to understand this.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia
""if Taiwan authorities go their own way toward independance" Jang was quoted as saying in the official account of the meeting, "and if foreign forces step in, we will never sit by and watch"

You are misinterpreting the meaning of his comment. It has long know that three conditions that will trigger war.

1. if Taiwan authorities go their own way toward independance:
When Taiwan has crossed the above line is up to Chinese leadership to decide. Maybe it when Taiwan leader declares, or Taiwan abandons ROC as the name, or Taiwan abandon current constitution and use an new one.
2. if foreign forces step in
It is easy for all to see. Actually there is increasing secret cooperation between US and Taiwan. China understands and can also be a good reason when the time is right.
3. Taiwan indefinitely delays the reunification.
Recently it is disclosed that China expects to reunify with Taiwan around 2020.

China considers most people in Taiwan are Chinese people as well. It is understandable that Chinese government do not want to be at war with Chinese people there. War only means destruction and loss of lives to both sides of Taiwan strait. It will be last resort, and will be applied when every other measures have failed to prevent Taiwan from independence.

If you see current tension between China and Japan on resources in East China Sea, you can see the difference when China deals with Taiwan and with Japan.

The US support for Taiwan independence will only serve to alienate the good will of Chinese people, and eventully will bring destruction to both China and US.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join