It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gabrielle Giffords shooting reignites row over rightwing rhetoric in US

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

There is no proof I have seen that he was a leftwinger. That is from right-wing propaganda artists.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Seems like the right thread to add this little montage regarding the Left Wing Rhetoric over the past 10 years.Too many pics and videos to add so just hit the link if your interested. Plenty of reminders in this story. Its time for both sides to draw a line in the sand and for the left wing msm to back off and get back to actual reporting of a story.

The progressive climate of hate: A comprehensive illustrated primer in 8 parts:

I. PALIN HATE
II. BUSH HATE
III. MISC. TEA PARTY/GOP/ANTI-TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE HATE
IV. ANTI-CONSERVATIVE FEMALE HATE
V. LEFT-WING MOB HATE — campus, anti-war radicals, ACORN, eco-extremists, & unions
VI. OPEN-BORDERS HATE
VII. ANTI-MILITARY HATE
VIII. HATE: CRIMES — the ever-growing Unhinged Mugshot Collection.

michellemalkin.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Revenant

Neither my lone-star friend - the community of ATS needs to learn that polarised, and quite frankly 'blind' vitriolic debate produces nothing but angst, and pointless trivialities. If we could learn this, perhaps governments around the world could?

The Rev.
edit on 10-1-2011 by The Revenant because: (no reason given)

Your "experiment" has played out on every thread about this subject. I have clicked on a dozen or so, and the debate is identical in each one. Why make your own little burning house then?

Regardless, governments do not need to learn this lesson. They know it already. They ignore it on purpose. Divide and Conquer:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Seems like the right thread to add this little montage regarding the Left Wing Rhetoric over the past 10 years.Too many pics and videos to add so just hit the link if your interested. Plenty of reminders in this story. Its time for both sides to draw a line in the sand and for the left wing msm to back off and get back to actual reporting of a story.

Great sentiments but we simply do not have the mechanism to just get news of what happened. It must come with interpretation. The fact that the interpretation is completely idiotic is a damming indictment only because we get played as idiots as we just suck it up.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Jeeze Rev. Lost your first post to facts and so now trying another?

The sole witness who knew this guy depicts him as "Radically left wing"

Sorry to keep dumping uncomfortable facts into your tirades.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

There is no proof I have seen that he was a leftwinger. That is from right-wing propaganda artists.

Correct.

The only statements about him and his views come from one woman who knew him. She says he was a radical left-winger, certainly no proof by itself.

Yet the left-wingers can only trot out talking heads who never met him.

So where is that burden of proof again?

Talking heads who never met him, or someone who did?

I hope that hook, line and sinker that you've swallowed doesn't choke you.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Can't shake the feeling that we've been tricked. And this clip is going to give us a picture of what's coming. www.youtube.com...
obama's going to milk this for all it's worth, the perfect opening for him to push gun control and anything else. Think about it this way, obama owns the press, if the republicans in the house try standing up to obama now and do away with national heath care, gun control, ect, the press'll make them out to being heartless monsters after this shooting.
I'm not saying obama gave the guy orders to shoot, but he'll use this for all it's worth.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5
reply to post by guohua

So how did guns prevent violent crime in the USA?
en.wikipedia.org...:Ncsucr2.gif

So does the strict gun control in Europe encourage crime.

I like guns. I dislike faulty logic.
edit on 10-1-2011 by tiger5 because: typo

Your Link Goes Nowhere.
Besides, you're linking to wikipedia, What would they really know about guns and gun control?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Sarah Palin had nothing to do with this mess.

I can't believe the media spun that story before the bodies were cold. Pathetic.

Really, the partisan rhetoric is out-of-control. Especially in this case. It has no basis in reality, no evidence, it is distasteful and pathetic.
edit on 10-1-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant

Before you lay blame on the Right wing and crosshairs, we should look at the Left wing and crosshairs. This is nothing but the Liberal Elite taking an tragic incident to make political hay out of it. Lets looks at the Democratic strategy map and who they are targeting shall we?

Since when did the ignorant Liberal Elite think going on National TV to push an agenda to blame the Tea Party or Republicans for a senseless act of violence would be a good idea without first checking to see if they were guilty of exactly what they are accusing the right of doing?

...and Democrats wonder why they got their asses booted out of the House. Keep this BS up and in the next elections they stand a chance of loosing the Senate and the WhiteHouse.

The American people are tired of the blame game, and to exploit a tragedy like this to do it makes it even worse and does nothing but reinforce the belief that your ethics would raise eyebrows in the Court of Calligula.

This incident was an act of violence by a disturbed kid with mental issues and nothing more. Any attempt to make it into something more is going to backfire and blow up in your face. Apparently the left did not learn anything in the last election cycle.... This kid is a registered INDEPENDANT, not a Democrat nor a Republican.

Please show some respect and knock the propoganda crap off.

edit on 10-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
She describes him as "quite liberal" and as a "political radical."

That's from the above link. maybe not good enough for you.

With respect, that's ONE persons interpretation of his politics - it doesn't mean it's true. Most Americans have severe trouble interpreting political direction of others, as the terminology used in America means completely different things to the rest of the world.

A Liberal in the states is most certainly NOT a liberal elsewhere in the world. Please remember you're ALL right of centre when it comes to external viewpoints.

Rev.

I think we're much better at it than some one who believes only what he or she reads from liberal sites here and in the UK, I'm sure you get NPR or some form of it there.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I strongly suggest you save/print out a copy of that map, you know the libs'll yank that down when people find out about it.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

I strongly suggest you save/print out a copy of that map, you know the libs'll yank that down when people find out about it.

Going back to my comment about Ethics that would raise eyebrows in the court of Calligula.. Its saved on my computer so its not going to disappear anytime soon.

What even funnier is the Republican strategy map says lets take a stand. The Democrat strategy map labels theirs behind enemy lines...
edit on 10-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

YUP, I'd save this one too:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a4b0ecaa6b10.png[/atsimg]

From: On January 6th the Daily Kos had an article titled My CongressWOMAN voted against Nancy Pelosi! And is now DEAD to me. The post has now been removed and:
The targeting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords by the Daily Kos goes back to June 2008 when they placed a Bullseye on Rep Giffords:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Yeah they also scrubbed another article off their site after the shooting incident also. I posted it in a different thread but it goes on to call out Rep. Giffords because of her refusal to back Pelosi as Speaker in the latest go around among other things (see bottom of page for the article).

In the end he says Rep. Giffords is dead to him, that he would never raise another finger to help her out, etc etc etc.

If the left is so sure in their opinions that the right wing is to blame, why on Earth would the left leaning DailyKos feel the need to yank the article? My guess is it doesnt fit with their latest propoganda campaign to exploit the tragedy to blame the tea party / republicans for this kids behavior.

The kid is a registered Independent, which again somewho slipped out of the reports the left puts out. The Sheriff of Pima county is a Democrat who very much oipposes the policies of stronger border protection, individual rights to bear arms as well as issues with freedom of speech.

As people are so fond of pointing out about Republicans very much applies in this case to the other side. There is a campaign going on that exploits this incident, coupled with a blame game towards the right, topped off with the fear mongering in order to play off the emotions of the people to jump start policy changes in such a manner that it will be supported before the people come ot their sense and realize they were being played.

Rep. Giffords used to be a Republican. She is strongly supported by Arizona Democrats, and is strongly supported by Arizona Republicans, many of whom voted for her. Her finance manager if I remeber right is actually part of the Republican party. Why does she have such cross appeal? Because she takes her job as a representative of the people in her district, ALL OF THEM, seriously. She beleives in responsible, accountible government, is a supporter of the 2nd Amendment, and listens to the problems her constituents bring to her.

FoxNews Interview with Rep. Giffords a day before the shooting
Time Index: 03:37 is where she says she used to be a Republican. I think she would make a good candidate for President as well.

She has crossed the aisle numerous times to support legislation that was good for the country, and not just one party. The notion this attack is somehow a Republican / Right Wing / Tea Party is baseless as much as it is just plain stupid.

Some intresting reading for those who missed it after it was scrubbed from the DailyKos.

]
edit on 10-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: Spelling, image added, lysdexia.... err dyslexia..

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

This all seems absurd to me. "Right-wing" rhetoric, "Left-wing" hater, blah blah blah.

What I see- The morning sun has risen, and the polished helmets are glinting in the breeze. I see two armies (maybe more) have already taken the field. They are amassing still, and figures run about this way and that. Some are already armored, some looking befuddled.

The two mobs have neared one another, and while there is some organized structure to the advance, there are many skirmishers about, trashing and trouncing at targets of opportunity. The skirmishers could be identified as criminal gangs, psychotics, brutalizing police and cold blooded snipers like Lon Horiuchi or John Muhammad.

These congealing mobs are at vicious odds. They are in direct opposition to one another. They are organizing, funding, training, and polarizing.

Slipping into some sobbing plea, there are times when the victims of the skirmishers cause a moment of pause. The slain, burnt, dead, shot, maimed, tortured and imprisoned... but to forfeit the understanding that these two opposing mobs will be able to go their own ways without the clamor of resounding arms? Well, I don't believe that is an honest assessment of what is happening.

It's not be Democrats versus Republicans . It's the same old cycle we've seen throughout history. It is control of one group by another.

To reduce the entirety of this climate... this era, to rantings of rhetoric is, imho, terribly juvenile. The rhetoric is a symptom, not a cause. The cause is opposing world views, paradigms at odds, the war of ideology that (as evidenced by history's record) rises until the cut of words are not as efficient as bayonets.

Giffords isn't the first casualty in this escalating tension. Unfortunately, she likely won't be the last. It would be nice if we could all just "get along" without the spilling of crimson red... but the very history of the union is drenched in it. Those who forget history are what?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The sad part is that there are really some people who buy into that crap...it's still beyond me why anyone follows Palin & Co. apart from watching that hilarious comedy show she has

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3310b1398f09.jpg[/atsimg]

I am serious about her show though. Me and some friend were streaming while we got ... "stuffed with sandwiches" ... and started streaming it. Her trying to shoot that deer while her dad was cheering her on was beyond hilarious

Should be on Comedy Central though, right in between Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert.
edit on 10-1-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Can't shake the feeling that we've been tricked. And this clip is going to give us a picture of what's coming. www.youtube.com...
obama's going to milk this for all it's worth, the perfect opening for him to push gun control and anything else. Think about it this way, obama owns the press, if the republicans in the house try standing up to obama now and do away with national heath care, gun control, ect, the press'll make them out to being heartless monsters after this shooting.
I'm not saying obama gave the guy orders to shoot, but he'll use this for all it's worth.

If I can, I need to reply to my own post. To clarify my thoughts. Tricked is the wrong word. I'm feeling like we're being herded. Not long before this shooting obama brought up the subject for tighter control of the internet (not his exact words) and a few days later we get a congress woman shot by a nutcase that visits blog sites, why else would they have taken his computer? Think this'll get people behind obama for stricter controls? obama's also anti-gun think he'll take advantage of this? My view on him owning the press stands.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

biggovernment.com... 1/09/the-shooting-of-rep-giffords-and-the-left-wing-smear-machine/

And the source you show isn't at all biased because? With the utmost respect, it's a right-wing politik machine website. That website is exactly what I'm talking about when I mention 'right-wing hatemongering'.

If you can find non-biased sources that corroborate the angle, we can debate it sensible I think.

Rev.

So what are your unbiased sources? AP, Reuters, MSNBC, CNN, the Guardian.... oops, all left-wing politik machine. Try again.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by spaznational

AP - Left wing.

Your source (big government) is run by Andrew Breitbart. A known political operative and shill of the Republican party.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join