It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gabrielle Giffords shooting reignites row over rightwing rhetoric in US

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynexon

It's a political football game, constantly. Left versus right. The American people love football so damn much, that they decided to make the political machine into a consistent, nationwide Superbowl game of Republicans versus Democrats.

And woo boy do we love us some football! Get-er-done.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I congratulate you all. Seriously.

My experiment has worked - all it takes is a little hostility from someone on either side, and BAM! the hatred and vitriol lights up.

Sorry to wind some of you up, and use you for the example, but it's shown exactly what we're up against eh? I am a leftie, and a practising Liberal Democrat politician. I disagree with lots of right-wing politics, but not all. Quite frankly, as long as people are civil, and not saying anything uncivil (which includes bigotry and incitement to murder) then I don't care what they say. Belief is belief - we're all entitled to it.

But I stand by one comment I made earlier - the word whether written or spoken, is FAR MORE POWERFUL than the gun.

Tone down the hate-speech everyone - the conspiracies will be much more interesting that way.

The Revenant.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

From Flint-Locks to Cross-Hairs; The Failing of Our Country!

Sensationalism is running rampant, as a "wild-eyed Paul Revere," when "media-enabled citizen journalists" march the streets in pursuit of a "perceived sense of justice." And is very harmful when people, children, and public servants are slain and maimed, forever. Their purpose smote-down by irrational measures taken by a tragic mislead portion of humanity. O Yea, LORD, as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for thine art with me; how well we have forgotten.

Personal Thoughts...

It's really a sad thing that we do what we do. Our leaders have fallen-in to the revamped modern-day version of "Muck-Raking" and the battle of the "Whigs" and "Democrats" must cease. The division which is created by practice of this particular ideology and representation serves no useful purpose. "True Equality" among Human Beings will never manifest or prosper when truth is versioned. In a "Historical Perspective," solidarity of a nation, which rallies its citizens in a good and common cause is defined as: "Super-Nationalism" or "Nationalism," and the result is manifest as: "Patriotism" and "One-ness."

Sadly, as divisionary groups are created, the harder it is for the people to feel "together." Desperate acts and outbursts of protests are usually the result in social pressures as this. The simple fact is that people have an innate need to "belong." If a "hand of friendship" is given first, perhaps the impulse to act from desperation would be negated? Empathy and compassion are very necessary in modern-day society where "internet-enabled" devices serve as "avatars" for "personal interaction" of individuals; cold logical words make "objects" of people, who are supposed to be "Subjects."

Ultimately, we are "Subjects of God" who happen to be "Children of God." For without which, there is no purpose for existence. Argue these points, if you wish, but "truth is truth." I really do hope and pray, events in "our time" will allow our species to give pause, and collectively grow, for the better. The alternative is worse than "being cut-off from God," because then, under these circumstances, it would be every human being's mistake; far-worse than "Original Sin."

Words of Wisdom and Warning:

For ye shall see, the things I speak-of, are reproof for the undecided arguments. It is written.

Then, perhaps, you doubt these things I speak? I say this so that no one will mislead you with nice-sounding rhetoric.

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. But now you also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant

You dirty little apparatchik! Anyway, good thread which proves a point. It is a pity America will self-combust with all this violent political rhetoric.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Ok. Then give them education to know. Don't ban.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove

You dirty little apparatchik! Anyway, good thread which proves a point. It is a pity America will self-combust with all this violent political rhetoric.

It is even more of a pity when an OP starts off with staunch, anti "right" rhetoric. Then about 8 pages in decides to back peddle.

Glad he is changing his mind....but he stoked the fire he is sitting back and reveling in. Intellectual arson, possibly?

The only thing proven to me is that people can troll the internet just for the sake of elicitng a response. Either that, or when cornered people will back peddle as fast as they can.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

It doesn't help when people like you jump on the "blame the Right-wingers" bandwagon. It's nothing more than a stereotype and you're just helping to perpetuate the myth. I am very right-wing, but I don't hate anybody. I am however a strong supporter of our Constitution. I do hate terrorists. If they happen to be Muslims, I can't help that. If they happen to be black, not my problem. I believe it is every man's right to arm himself and defend himself. I believe it is a right bestowed upon us by our Creator. There is no man alive with the authority to tell me I cannot defend myself by any means necessary.

That being said, you might want to pull your foot out of your mouth. This thug's classmates are describing him as a "Left Wing Lunatic". How does that foot taste? The left-wing media immediately speculated whether or not this was a "Tea Partier" with absolutely no evidence and people like you jumped right in lockstep with your media heroes and help spread the lies.

Now, lets see if the left-wing media disseminates the info about him being left wing. I seriously doubt it.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
You have heard people say, "Connect the dots."

Sometimes, dots are connected that don't even belong to the same page. I am sure that some will say this is true of the following information. But I cannot help but wonder about this last space shuttle "mission."
You will recall, no doubt, the view of 9-11 from the space station. '

Once again, 9-11 is present. The 9 yr. old girl shot in Arizona was Born on 9-11-01.

So what? you say. Well, the congresswoman's husband, Scott Kelly, is scheduled to be the commander of this final mission.

In addition, he has an identical twin brother who commands the international space station.

"This isn't the first time family tragedy has touched the International Space Station. At Christmas 2007, astronaut Daniel Tani was aboard the orbiter when he learned of his mother's death in a car and train collision. Tani has been working at Mission Control in Houston this past week and has been in touch with Scott Kelly and other members of the space station crew, The Associated Press reported."

"In April, Kelly is slated to command what's expected to be the last space shuttle flight, before the entire fleet retires. But it's too soon to tell whether he'll back out of the high-profile Endeavour mission to stay at his wife's bedside. His identical twin, Scott, is also an astronaut, currently following news of his family's crisis from thousands of miles up in space, aboard the International Space Station."

And lastly, an occult shrine complete with human skull, has been discovered in the backyard of the muderer.
It has been reported that the shrine has names of deities and spirits. The shooter reportedly hated Christians and Jews, and was a follower of Karl Marx, favoring the Communist Manifesto over the U.S. Constitution.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I don't know about the men in your neck of the woods but most I know are like whosses, in my opinion.
I find the fighting spirit is lacking in all except for drunks... when was the last time you saw a fist fight,.>?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Oh the hypocrisy.

** Obama: “They Bring a Knife…We Bring a Gun”
** Obama to His Followers: “Get in Their Faces!”
** Obama on ACORN Mobs: “I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!”
** Obama to His Mercenary Army:“Hit Back Twice As Hard”
** Obama on the private sector: “We talk to these folks… so I know whose ass to kick.“
** Obama to voters: Republican victory would mean “hand to hand combat”
** Obama to lib supporters: “It’s time to Fight for it.”
** Obama to Latino supporters: “Punish your enemies.”
** Obama to democrats: “I’m itching for a fight.”

From IOTW

Also referring to Bush in 2006, one of Chuck Schumer’s pals:
“Chuck,.. will put a bullet between the President’s eyes if could get away with it.”

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove

A compliment I don't deserve it is that high.

I agree with you about the self-combustion. But i think it wont just be the U.S. - Europe and the rest of the world are embarking on this polarised course. It's a crying shame, because more than ever, civilised debate and rational thought are necessary.

The Rev.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
You do of course realize that the left has been using targets on maps for years now? You do also realize there is quite a long laundry list of violence done by leftists right? This is just another pathetic attempt to jump on the right again, clearly expected and as disgusting as I thought it would be, I guess the leftist hypocrites know no bounds to use something like this to lie and try and further their agenda.

theantiliberalzone.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
It is even more of a pity when an OP starts off with staunch, anti "right" rhetoric. Then about 8 pages in decides to back peddle.

Please forgive me, an example needed to be made. It's not back-peddling I assure you. Whilst I have disdain for much right-wing rhetoric, I don't see the point in yanking chains about it. Apart from in this context anyway...

Glad he is changing his mind....but he stoked the fire he is sitting back and reveling in. Intellectual arson, possibly?

Intellectual arson is possibly the most underrated form of protest available. Apart from naked gate-glueing. That is always entertaining.

The only thing proven to me is that people can troll the internet just for the sake of elicitng a response. Either that, or when cornered people will back peddle as fast as they can.

Neither my lone-star friend - the community of ATS needs to learn that polarised, and quite frankly 'blind' vitriolic debate produces nothing but angst, and pointless trivialities. If we could learn this, perhaps governments around the world could?

The Rev.
edit on 10-1-2011 by The Revenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Revenant

ATS - LEARN FROM THIS!

It's all well and good to be passionate about our debates, and to really care about the subjects we discuss. But the right-wing hatemongering MUST STOP.

humm, obviously you haven't learned this but...

THIS NUTTER IS A LEFTWINGER....

Nice to see how ONCE AGAIN leftwingers love to claim every nutter out there "must be a rightwinger" or "believes rightwing conspiracies"...

edit on 10-1-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Neither my lone-star friend - the community of ATS needs to learn that polarised, and quite frankly 'blind' vitriolic debate produces nothing but angst, and pointless trivialities. If we could learn this, perhaps governments around the world could?

I find it ironic, amusing and telling that you are claiming this now when in your starting threat/post and several responses you went on a rampant vitriolic against "rightwingers", trying to accuse us for what this lone gunman did when in fact this guy is a leftwinger, and a pothead...

Go figure...

So leftwingers in ATS... learn from this please.
edit on 10-1-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: errors.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Are you missing the point? Or are you trying to 'point-score'?

Either way, leave the 'tribalism' at the door, take a breath, and sit down in front of the 'sensible' debate fire for a while. There's no need to be so aggressive.

Rev.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I congratulate you all. Seriously.

My experiment has worked - all it takes is a little hostility from someone on either side, and BAM! the hatred and vitriol lights up.

I knew a while ago that your posts were obviously parody. But admitting you intentionally riled up others for your, umm.. experimentation, makes you a jackass. Sorry, but this should be a terms violation.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

To tell you the truth...., Is that necessarily bad? I think if the government is too busy being at war with itself, it won't have time to take our freedoms. If it's a fight they want, let them have it. Politicians should be afraid for their lives. They're only there to serve the people and benefit them the best they can.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Agreed. It's called "Political Baiting" or trolling and is addressed here

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
While I do not dispute that liberals at times make inflammatory remarks, the right is guilty by an order of magnitude. Fear is the central device that is used to recruit and mobilize for their party. (How else can you explain poor or middle class people voting to give billionaires tax breaks.)

The fear compounds as it insidiously winds its coils around the hearts and minds of even decent people no matter what their political ideology. The fear grows and grows and feeds on itself. As it grows weak/damaged minds are swept up in the storm and the unthinkable becomes something that is now considered reasonable and even righteous. The fear causes us to lose ourselves and the ability to see other individuals as human.

We all need to set the bar for what is "acceptable" discourse. Not by legislation but by the court of public opinion. We all need to take it down a few notches and do NOT support people who traffic in fearful and violent rhetoric. Remember that your mom or auntie is a "conservative". Your son or granddad is a "liberal".

The very essence of "divide and conquer" is to get us completely polarized and paranoid. Let's reason and educate. Let's legislate at the ballot box not with the barrell of a gun.

Link

53 million people in the U.S.listen to Talk Radio.(source: Arbitron Radio Today,2009.)91% of Talk Radio Programsare Conservative.(source: Structural Imbalance of Talk Radio, Center for American Progressand Free Press, 2007.)050010001500200025003000Hours of Conservative v ProgressiveTalk Radio Aired DailyProgressiveConservative2,570 hours of ConservativeTalk Radio are broadcast eachweekday on these stationscompared to 254 hours of Progressive Talk.(source: Structural Imbalance of Talk Radio, Center for American Progressand Free Press, 2007.)050100150200250Conservative v. Progressive Ideason the Public AirwavesAirs NoProgressiveIdeasAirs SomeProgressiveIdeas92 percent of talk radiostations do not broadcast asingle minute of progressivetalk radio programming. (source: Structural Imbalance of Talk Radio, Center for American Progressand Free Press, 2007.)

edit on 10-1-2011 by Leo Strauss because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2011 by Leo Strauss because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join