It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO photo.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The picture appears to be taken at ground level. If it was taken in said "Jeep," what is that in the top right corner? The roll cage on jeeps are parallel to the side of the vehicle, which means the side of the vehicle should be visible in the picture aswell. There should about a 2 foot gap between the side of the vehicle and the roll cage, and it appears here that theres at least a 5 foot gap.

edit on 9-1-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
This photo has definitely been photoshopped into the image after wards. After looking at this photo in photo editing software it becomes clear that this cannot be a object or even a light reflection.
It is too perfect in all ways and even pixels wise aligns 100% with the camera/photo.
Surely there would at least be some unevenness or tilt if this wasn't photoshopped.

I am not going to call OP a liar, as it could be his source that is unreliable for what i know.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
This seems hauntingly familiar. Didn't we just do something similar with the "I shot an alien, I'll put up more pictures when the cops leave, or I learn how..." Then, *poof* bye, bye....

OK, now that I got that out. It is interesting and I'd like to see the other pics if possible. What makes us worthy, blind belief that it is an intergalactic mothership or reasonable questions and debate?...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Close this thread. Ban the user. Plain and simple. Failure to do so only continues to invite more and more ignorance like this upon us in the future.

He/she can go on a dozen other boards to get the jollies they feel they need. If there is anything to his.her account (and there isn't) after he/she gets done with his/her stupid game on another board it will eventually get filtered down here without all the op's ignorant nonsense.

Folks need to stop giving this troll attention. You are all better than this, it is far beyond time to look in the mirror and admit this to yourself.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Hmm it looks very interesting.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I don't know there ITF. Maybe it's a little to early to kill the message because YOU don't like the way it's being presented. Yes, it's similar to some of the hoaxes we've seen here, but it may just be the OP's ignorance of properly formed posts...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I will wait for more pics, if they are forthcoming.

but I say it's a lonely little lenticular cloud looking for its mama

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
If this is a picture of a ufo many people saw then what is the context of the picture? The picture is of the sidewalk is the way I see it. Why is the picture of the sidewalk if many witnesses saw this ufo? Between 24 people no one had a cell cam? Where is the video? Why isn't the picture "of" the ufo? Why hoax so poorly? Ufos are real what do you have against them?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/608bbde3cf99.jpg[/atsimg]

Why does the 'UFO' have a higher resolution than it's surroundings?

(Even though it's further away...)
edit on 10-1-2011 by Planet teleX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Just a quick reply because i am at work, just to clear a few things up quickly...

1, I will post the second photo later.
2, The photo was taken on the back of a jeep, as you will see later and it's not behind any glass although it may look like that, it really isn't.
3, The reason why i didn't reply wasn't because i went *poof* it's because i had to be up early this morning for work, i start at 5AM and it was already 11PM.
4, I will post the second photo later.

I applaud those of you who have actually bothered to do some real analysis of the picture, which is what i asked and later today when i get home from work i will post another photo, you can ask the mods to check my IP if you're so certain of me telling lies.

Kindest regards.

Eric.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
To me that is a standard plug into the ceiling ringed light fitting being reflected on to a glass window.

Sadly the arrogant way that the poster has treated the forum seems to suggest a hoax by a bored person. If you post a photo in a forum and ask opinions you just can't throw the toys out of the pram when its not the answers you would like.

"testing the water"....What, to see how stupid we are?

Of course you could post your remaining pictures and presuming they are good make us all look silly..

Somehow I think that won't happen and that's the last we hear of you under that username.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by EricLintScD

Originally posted by GoatwolfeWolfgoate
If this is a picture of a ufo many people saw then what is the context of the picture? The picture is of the sidewalk is the way I see it. Why is the picture of the sidewalk if many witnesses saw this ufo? Between 24 people no one had a cell cam? Where is the video? Why isn't the picture "of" the ufo? Why hoax so poorly? Ufos are real what do you have against them?

Originally posted by Planet teleX

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
To me that is a standard plug into the ceiling ringed light fitting being reflected on to a glass window.

Sadly the arrogant way that the poster has treated the forum seems to suggest a hoax by a bored person. If you post a photo in a forum and ask opinions you just can't throw the toys out of the pram when its not the answers you would like.

"testing the water"....What, to see how stupid we are?

Of course you could post your remaining pictures and presuming they are good make us all look silly..

Somehow I think that won't happen and that's the last we hear of you under that username.

you're hoaxing, but why?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Truthfully, I don't care what this picture is. The arrogance of the OP is enough to make any shred of interest I may have had in the picture escape me faster than the Taco Bell I had for dinner last night.

This isn't a place for ego-stroking BS, so take this nonsense somewhere else.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Um ... Sorry, if I look at the ground in the photo, it seems clear to me that there is movement - which is consistent with objects near to the camera in a moving vehicle as opposed to objects far away - which appear to be static.

Is this particular photo photoshopped or not? I don't really care or have the inclination to try prove or disprove the reality of this pic but I do KNOW that UFO's exist as I have seen them with my own eyes ... and so have some of my friends and family. There is simply nothing to be said further to one who knows what they know and as such, I find it funny that sometimes OP's will argue and debate their claims ad nauseum ... which usually is an indication of a hoax IMHO.

Good catch if its real ... Shame on you if its fake.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I've seen one question asked which doesn't seem to have an answer yet, and that would be "What's the subject of the picture?"

Given the fact that I found this thread through facebook, I don't really know if I'm correct, but I may have an idea of what the subject COULD have been. Looking at the photo, it seems like it was originally intended as a simple landscape shot. With a description of 24 people in 3 jeeps, we can make an assumption of a military convoy. (2 people up front, 6 in the back of each jeep). This is given some credibility with the fact that someone mentioned earlier that the copywrite comes back as belonging to the government/military. With that said, it's not hard to come to the conclusion that wherever this was taken, the photographer either wasn't from the area, and just passing through, or even that he was "shipping out" from his home.

With the former scenario, it's someone who sees a nice landscape with a nice mountain range in the background, and a somewhat "quaint" looking town in the foreground, and decided to snap a picture. This could have actually led him to notice the object in the corner when he was checking to see how the picture came out (assuming a digital/cellphone camera).

With the latter scenario, a young soldier shipping out for the first time, could be moved to take a picture of his hometown as he's leaving on assignment. Something to remind him of the beauty of his home. Let's not forget, we're all humans (we assume) and we have those sentimental ties/emotional attachments which would bring us to have that moment we'd do something like that. As with the other example, the object may have been noticed while attempting to check the quality of the picture.

As for the argument that it's in a building, and the "overhang" isn't attached to the pole with the camera. It was never assumed it should have been. The OP stated that it was taken from a jeep, the pole couldn't be connected to the jeep, so it's not something which was assumed to be the case. With the subject of the "overhang", "eave", whatever you want to call it, remember that this is supposed to be in a jeep, but not a Wrangler. A military jeep with the capacity to carry 8 people is an extended vehicle, and many times, has a removable cloth covering over the "cargo area" in the back. On a nice day, or especially on a hot day, you can open the back flap and tie it off. This small unexplained object in the top right corner, could be a flap of fabric which wasn't tied up tightly and was hanging down. (The "eave" or "overhang" not the supposed UFO).

I don't have any clue if this is an authentic photo, an intentional hoax, or an accidental phenomena, but we have to remember that we'll find what we're inclined to look for. If you look for a hoax, or are tired of dealing with hoaxes, you'll interpret the evidence to support a hoax. If you're determined to find the real thing, you'll interpret it to support verification. If the evidence is to be analyzed, it needs to be done within the small frame of using the lessons you've learned from the hoaxes, without letting those hoaxes color your vision enough to automatically try to force the current case into being interpreted as a hoax.

And with that said, I hope it made sense...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
from what i see in the EXIF-data the picture was taken with a digital camera, with no specific exposer program set.
checking for the cameras model i found it to be a 10M camera, which explains the great quality of the foreground.

Now my theory in this is:
If you put your camera onto a landscape like this, from a vehicle (possibly standing) the camera's automatic does its best to calculate a great foreground picture.

On the other hand it'll exlcude minor things which aren't in the middle like the object in question.
Now we see a widely clear sky, and what i think apears to be a single round cloud, being illuminated by the sun, which was shining (see the shadows on the structures) from the right side and somewhat high in the sky.

if enlarged you see color aberations on the object which i would expect to appear only if 'overexposed' (if this term matches with digital cams)

So i would go to call this a CLOUD. This however would correlate to the other 24 people observing that, like stated, and it would explain why it took 40 minutes to vanish behind the hills, like stated.

I would lay off the light reflection theory here cause this obviously bright reflection would require the sun in a position shining directly or at least from the direction the camera was put. Except there is a reflective surface between the cam and the the rest of the picture.

In the enlarged view of the 'frame' being in the top right position, you can also see a small color aboration for having a border between a dark surface and a bright sky again.

soo .. be it a cloud ... sounds to be the best explanation for me, and yes some more pictures would be very helpful in this

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
helluvalot of newbie trolls (like me) posting on this thread, hmmmmm.....

MOD is UK, I doubt the turks know what a Ministry is and there is no way the UK MOD would be in Turkey officially unless, and it has happened before, the camera was ex MOD bought on ebay or borrowed. Plus 'Jeep'...thats an American word, IMO no serving European solider would say, I was in the back of a jeep.

Not sure of the nationality of OP but some people come across arrogant anyway, (especially Egyptians and Turks) im not defending him but I would think it would be better to keep opinions like "HOAX" quiet until either the OP digs himself deeper or presents a fair case. The dude unloading his AK47 penis into the alien was bad enough thread.

I like the comment on the resoloution being better of the light than of everything else, good point!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by EricLintScD
Just a quick reply because i am at work, just to clear a few things up quickly...

1, I will post the second photo later.
2, The photo was taken on the back of a jeep, as you will see later and it's not behind any glass although it may look like that, it really isn't.
3, The reason why i didn't reply wasn't because i went *poof* it's because i had to be up early this morning for work, i start at 5AM and it was already 11PM.
4, I will post the second photo later.

I applaud those of you who have actually bothered to do some real analysis of the picture, which is what i asked and later today when i get home from work i will post another photo, you can ask the mods to check my IP if you're so certain of me telling lies.

Kindest regards.

Eric.

In the time that you HAVE been here, surely you must understand that you are perpetuating a classic "I will Later" thread, which NOT ONCE has even come to fruitition.

You appear to be a tad stroppy that people are not giving you 100% free reign to have an exclusive, yet you are the one holding back in evidence that may sway your argument to either extreme.

This makes me believe you KNOW you have something mundane, but are the sort to really milk it.

Someone with REAL photo evidence would have posted ALL images at once, claiming to seek knowledge and YES even then you would cop flak from idiots.

You post 1 image and then say you are 'testing' the waters, refusing to post more until tomorrow.

BEEN THERE DONE THAT.

as I said, you've been here a little while, you KNOW the ways...

String people along and you get your strings cut.

So stop making excuses - post your images, take your answer and learn.. Or else, as I have already stated, you're a fraud.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Thanks OP

Interesting photo can't wait to see some more. shame about all the early hoax calls.
I did notice something odd about about the resolution around the light but i don't know much about digital photography could be nothing.

What i would like to know is did you or anyone else notice the small white dot/Orb just below and to the left of the main UFO?

Anyway heres the zoom to help you find what I am looking at, please check it against the original and let me know what you all think.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4405c976fc66.jpg[/atsimg]

I know it's just a dot but if you think about the scale of the photo i think it would still be the size of a small car and the main UFO must be huge.

tlasalt.

I really hope there are more pictures.

Yeah finaly my 20th P

edit on 10/1/2011 by tlasalt because: fixed up scale.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Planet teleX

I don't see it. How did you reach that conclusion?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join