It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO photo.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
So, OP --

If you were sick and trying to chose the best doctor to treat you, would you only tell your perspective doctors some of your symptoms, to "feel out" which ones are worthy?

Would you chose your doctor based on which one claimed to be able to diagnose you based on only a small bit of information?

I, personally, would stay away from the ones who are OK with you withholding symptoms, and go with the doctor who would rather treat you knowing ALL of your symptoms.

edit on 1/9/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I am not sure what kind of analysis this user wants for this image. There have been a few worthwhile posts regarding the photo, including one that provides for us the exif data. A few questions were raised by others early in the thread, and were answered quickly by the OP.

But now...
the OP disappears after refusing to provide 100% of the evidence and states that they will hold a jury to see if we at ATS are worthy. The analysis of the single provided image here has seemed worthy to me,

The only question I have of the provided single image is what exactly was the subject of the shot? The object in question was not centered in the shot, which most subjects are. Perhaps the jeep was moving a little too quick or bouncing a little much? It seems to me that the object in question should be the subject of the shot, and in this one single image, it does appear to be.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This thread will soon be:
A) In the Hoax Bin
B) Closed By mods till OP brings more evidence. Since it is a series of people calling him out, it will just be abandoned.
C) OP comes back with more pictures, multiple witness accounts ad is deemed a genuine U.F.O. sighting.
D) OP comes back with more pictures that don't corroborate story

Whats your guess?

Mines B

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The OP has actually gotten additional "stars" since he told us he was going to withhold the rest of his evidence from us

Perhaps ATS isn't as worthy as I thought

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I have to say that I think the "friend" is lying. I do not believe this was taken in the back of some truck. I believe it was taken inside of something thru glass...even a vehicle...with window up and inside light on

Notice the overhang (where the arrow is pointing)
Notice the lamp post is NOT attached the overhang - two different structures....
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/63661d764954.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8a3625fa9c93.jpg[/atsimg]

IMO, someone was clearly inside of something and I would bet that "object" is a reflected lamp/light

THIS is why it is imperative to see the other photos that were taken of this "ufo"
edit on January 9th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
The OP has actually gotten additional "stars" since he told us he was going to withhold the rest of his evidence from us

Pa..thet...ic

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I have to say that the "friend" is lying. I do not believe this was taken in the back of some truck. I believe it was taken inside of something thru glass...

Notice the overhang (where the arrow is pointing)
Notice the lamp post is NOT attached the overhang - two different structures....
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/63661d764954.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8a3625fa9c93.jpg[/atsimg]

Someone was clearly inside of something and I would bet that "object" is a reflected lamp/light

THIS is why it is imperative to see the other photos that were taking of this "ufo"
edit on January 9th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

I saw this earlier, but assumed it was the roll cage of the jeep. I thought he said he was in a jeep.
Good eye spy. How do I applaud you?

I think the OP realized he could not pull the wool over our eyes and moved to a site with higher hopes.
edit on 9-1-2011 by cluckerspud because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Well, I of course be wrong and would easily admit it, if shown so. It is just my speculation based on looking at the photo and refusal of other evidence.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

GEL,
I noticed the same thing my first view of the image, and immediately thought the same thing.
However that still leaves two unanswered concerns in my mind.

1 -- The 'overhang' I believe you called it could be the roll bar or the frame for the removable top of the jeep. It doesnt exactly look like anything, so it very well could be, or it very well could be a window frame as you appear to believe, but it is not definite.

2 -- If it was indeed part of a window frame and we are looking at a reflected light in the pane of glass, wouldnt we see illumination on the frame as well. From my viewing of the image, it looks very dark as if the light is being blocked from hitting it, and if it were the bottom of a piece of the frame of a vehicle, the sunlight would not be hitting it.

With all of that being said, I am not convinced either way what this object is and unfortunately without corroberating evidence, such as the rest of the images, it will remain impossible to conduct a full investigation and analysis. I am still leary of the fact that the object in question does not seem to be the subject of the image.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Picture of the alleged jeep would help too.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
After looking at the picture for quite a while, I'm still trying to think what he could exactly be behind while taking this picture. I was thinking that It could of been taken inside the Jeep, and that the top right portion of the photo is just the door. Also, the picture does seem to be taken a bit higher off the ground than what I think a normal persons height would be, which makes me again think of a Jeep, because they are usually higher off the ground.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The picture data shows no sign of photoshopping. I see no sign of any reflection or dirt whatsoever , and the corner looks like a jeep roll bar to me.
Here is a crop with sharpening and auto color applied.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ddb0c0c6a206.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

If you are talking about the EXIF data then, although not showing clear signs of being altered, the data is lacking several elements that should be present and that can be seen in other photos taken by cameras of the same model.

The date (2010:09:29 00:00:00) doesn't look right either, and the copyright (© Crown Copyright/MOD 2010) looks a little unusual.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
According to the OP's Google Map Link there does appear to be a house near by. Could this be part of that structure we see.

Also (to the contrary), I noticed at the bottom there does appear to be some blur, suggesting movement. Seems slow, but a small sigh that camera was moving.

edit on 9-1-2011 by cluckerspud because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

The shutter speed is also high enough to allow only just some motion blur, so nothing special there.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by bluemooone2

If you are talking about the EXIF data then, although not showing clear signs of being altered, the data is lacking several elements that should be present and that can be seen in other photos taken by cameras of the same model.

The date (2010:09:29 00:00:00) doesn't look right either, and the copyright (© Crown Copyright/MOD 2010) looks a little unusual.

How about GPS coordinates?!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I'm curious about the exif data myself (not that I'm versed well enough to know exactly what I'm looking at) only because we've seen altered exif numbers before, with a member who returned numerous times after being banned under new usernames attempting to hoax again. I'm not accusing, just playing internet detective and covering the angles.

Glad you've got an eye in this thread, Armap.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
copyright (© Crown Copyright/MOD 2010)

I Google this and I get Ministry of Defense stuff. Mostly military pictures.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
I Google this and I get Ministry of Defense stuff. Mostly military pictures.

Well if we take the OP at their word, which is the only way we can, 3 Jeeps with 8 people in each,
does sound like a military convoy of some sort.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by EricLintScD
I've posted a very very clear photo of a UFO, nobody has given me any good reason why its not real but calling it a hoax? on what account? this is the reason why i will not post any other until this one has been properly examined.

Kindest regards

Eric.

PS: i will be back online tomorrow to read the response and post another photo.

Kindest regards

Eric.

Good for you. Your attitude has caused me to write you off as a complete fraud.

Cheers,

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join