It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO photo.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
ok glad I got back into this thread at the opportune moment it seems.

It seems my sleep schecdule is the same as the OP's Monday work schedule, how convenient.
Looking forward to seeing all of the images now.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Here is a .pdf I quickly made of the EXIF data side by side

.pdf HERE
edit on January 10th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Nice work.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9ffb62d393d8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by EricLintScD
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

I have more photos of it, i'm just testing the water
to answer your question, the UFO was moving but very slowly. the photographer was aware of it but due to the layout of the jeep there are huge metal roll bars and there were other people in the jeep.... so heads were also a problem.
Kindest regards

Eric.

Ahh...you've just answered my question!

I *was* going to say, a UFO hanging around for 40 minutes would generate a lot of images from 24 people on holiday in Turkey...where are the other images? It would be really handy to see some video if you have any.

As to whether or not it's a genuine UFO as opposed to a hoaxed image of one, it's hard to tell from a single image.

It doesn't look like it's been pasted in...i've played around with contrast and negative image and a few other bits and pieces, and i cannot see a clear mask outline, although this of course just proves that *if* this is a hoax, it's not too sloppy.

When we get our peepers on the other images and hopefully a bit of video (which there should be some surely? 40 minutes...holiday makers...most cameras can do video...etc), we'll be able to make a better assessment.

Thanks for posting.

Word of warning though...*if* you have hoaxed this images and posted it as genuine (and i'm not saying you have), be prepared to be kicked out of this forum pretty quickly, ATS doesn't take kindly to it.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

any ideas on the copyright thing?

The pictures seem interesting enough, but not super conclusive, I am just a bit curious of the MOD tag.

OP, it would be nice to get a few unrelated images to view. Does your friend work for the government? I'm just trying to understand why that tag exists.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

The pictures seem interesting enough, but not super conclusive, I am just a bit curious of the MOD tag.

OP, it would be nice to get a few unrelated images to view. Does your friend work for the government? I'm just trying to understand why that tag exists.

Not sure really....all I can tell is that it is an official copyright placed on "official" photos. However, I do not think that a regularFinePix F200EXR camera is going to automatically put that copyright on. It looks like the EXIF data could possibly have been edited/manipulated. But that in itself is hard to prove one way or another.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Some info on the CrownCopyright/MOD statement that everyone seems to be asking about:

source

DefenceMOD copyright statement
© Crown copyright 1996-2007

The Ministry of Defence is a Crown body. The information we produce is Crown copyright and it is managed on behalf of Her Majesty's Stationary Office (HMSO) by the MOD's Directorate of Intellectual Property Rights (DIPR). For more information on Crown copyright please visit the Office of Public Sector Information (OPSI) website.

The material featured on this website is protected by Crown copyright unless otherwise indicated. This material may be reproduced for the purposes of non-commercial research or private study and for the purposes of reporting current events only.

Any reproduction of this material for these purposes must be acknowledged in the following way: © Crown Copyright/MOD followed by the year (e.g. © Crown Copyright/MOD 2007)

In general, Crown copyright material may not be used or reproduced for any other purpose without first obtaining permission from DIPR. This permission will be in the form of a copyright licence and may require the payment of a licence fee. For further information on when a licence is required and how one may be obtained please follow the Copyright Licensing Information link opposite.

The permission to reproduce Crown protected material does not extend to any material on this site which is identified as being the copyright of a third party. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the copyright holders concerned.

The Ministry of Defence encourages users to establish hypertext links to our websites. You do not require our formal permission to do so.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Im very impressed with these two pics and the fact that this thing was seen for such a long time .Thank you for the second picture OP and we can rule out some kind of a reflection here.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Camera info....

Random photo I found with EXIF data from same camera

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Alli get is a "404" on the second pic..

can someone embed the actual picture for me/us?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I clicked on the link, and it says the picture was removed, fix please?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
i1140.photobucket.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dfca69b4838c.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 10-1-2011 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

Second picture found at this link....

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EricLintScD

Hi Eric, thanks for the pics, and thanks to your friend for allowing you to post them. Knowing absolutely nothing about altering pics with the computer, they are excellent photos of u.f.o's as far as I'm concerned. As far as these unknown objects go, I'd like to think they are from another planet or dimension. On the other hand they could be light reflections as some members are suggesting, but I just don't know. It seems that the better the photos, the numbers of negative responses rises accordingly. It's always been this way, and even more so since computer programs specificly aimed at altering and enhancing photographs have become popular, one more reason most folk with excellent pics of what they believe to be alien craft, are afraid to post them. They just don't want the derision they inevitably face, and I for one don't blame them. This being said, I thank you again for posting the photos!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Why have these pictures got a Ministry of Defense copyright ? , does this mean the picture was taken with Ministry equipment or does the image itself belong to the MOD .
Seems strange to me ........ Maybe its disclosure

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by EricLintScD
I was going to add this link to my OP but it wont let me edit the post anymore but here is the other photo I just uploaded as promised.

img839.imageshack.us...

I've just got home so now its' time for dinner and a shower, I'll be back on later.

Kindest regards

Eric.
edit on 10-1-2011 by EricLintScD because: spelling mistakes

It appears the OP changed the link in his post....the picture is still hosted on imageshack...why would you do that? You have not been banned from image shack...1. that does not just happen. 2. you changed the URL so it was 404d.....

The original link was: img839.imageshack.us...

However, the edited post....the FIVE in the original URL was removed and left with this URL resulting in a 404
img839.imageshack.us...

2nd image on imageshack here

Histories on computers....a good thing

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Camera info....

Random photo I found with EXIF data from same camera

That's a lot of data, but not being a photography wiz I have no idea what it all means.

Do you have any analysis or opinion based on the info?

One thing I noticed is that it appears that the photo's were not modified based on the time stamps of date/time taken and date/time last modified.

I find the pics extremely interesting....for a variety of reasons.....

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks for posting the photo Kandinsky.

Thought it was 2mb..is there a higher res version floating around at all?

First thing i noticed about this image...the two guys in the Jeep, don't look remotely interested in anything that is going on in the sky...neither of them are looking at the 'UFO'.

If i were there, you'd have a hard job trying to stop me looking at it, snapping and videoing the thing for as long as i could.

I smell a rat.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

Well...unfortunately....there is now software out there that allows one to manipulate the EXIF data. EXIF data is like DNA for a photo....however, again....it can now be manipulated. THIS is why I want an answer on why there is an official MOD copyright on there.

See...this is a photo taken with the SAME camera....notice...no copyright information on it...

EXAMPLE HERE

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Not sure really....all I can tell is that it is an official copyright placed on "official" photos. However, I do not think that a regularFinePix F200EXR camera is going to automatically put that copyright on. It looks like the EXIF data could possibly have been edited/manipulated. But that in itself is hard to prove one way or another.

Nice call on the EXIF data GEL.

Another possibility is that these are army guys doing a tour in Turkey (Incirlik base, has RAF, tanks and VC-10 Tankers stationed there on rotation), or simply on R&R in the area.

Perhaps anything they snap with even their own personal equipment may be subject to MOD copyright while on active duty in the area...this may explain the MOD/Crown copyright tags.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Riffrafter

Well...unfortunately....there is now software out there that allows one to manipulate the EXIF data. EXIF data is like DNA for a photo....however, again....it can now be manipulated. THIS is why I want an answer on why there is an official MOD copyright on there.

OK - thanks for the info.

Since you're well versed in this stuff it would be great if you could keep us posted as to anything else you may find.

There are multiple layers to the mystery here....

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join