It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: This Summer's Terrorist Threat - US & Abroad.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
We can reveal that the United States and Europe are at immediate risk from Conventional, Nuclear, Biological or Chemical attack within the six weeks. It is no longer a question of "if" but is a question of the attack date. Sources can confirm missing nuclear material from the Middle East, which may have been obtained by an unnamed terrorist organization presumed to be Al-Qaeda. Warnings have been issued to US & UK Government departments concerning the theft of nuclear material. We cannot confirm the rumor that this material may even have been sold to Al-Qaeda by Iranians. However, it is highly likely. Details Within...

The Iranian nuclear program has been a pragmatic thorn in the side for the IAEA & Western Governments. The continual operation of illegal nuclear facilities and enrichment plants has led to a heightening of tensions between the United States and Iran. Iran is believed to have undeclared and therefore, uncounted stocks of nuclear material that may include Plutonium and highly enriched Uranium

The US has expressed "serious concerns" about a report that UN nuclear inspectors have found undeclared nuclear technology in Iran.
BBC Link - Iran Selling Nuclear Material

Mr. ElBaradei said that Tehran was not co-operating satisfactorily with the IAEA. This was a statement not taken well by the hard line Iranian Government. Iran promised the IAEA in October that it would suspend its uranium enrichment program. They have not been consistent in these promises.

Here we have a graphic showing how the Iranians have been enriching Uranium
The Uranium as the result is weapons grade and may be used to build a nuclear weapon. It can also be tied in with a normal bomb or IED (Improvised Explosive Device) to disperse the radioactive particles over a distance.

bbc.co.uk news link
Iran has announced that it is ready to sell nuclear fuel abroad.
Iranian Foreign Minister Kamal Kharrazi made the announcement on Saturday, the official Iranian news agency IRNA said.
The US suspects that Iran is using a civilian nuclear programme as a cover for developing nuclear weapons - a charge that Tehran has often denied.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Satellite Image of Iranian Nuclear Facility

BBC
So what is Iran's case?

Iran says it needs to enrich fuel itself, because getting it from another country would be unreliable, and that it does not intend to build a bomb.

It says it has answered questions as best it can, and is now fully co-operating under the Additional Protocol.

It also says it wants to develop a civil nuclear energy program because its oil reserves are not unlimited, and points out that the West once supplied the deposed Shah with nuclear reactors.

The IAEA's board in Vienna voted to adopt the resolution, which "deplores" the fact that "Iran's co-operation has not been as full, timely and proactive as it should have been."

The IAEA expresses serious concern that important information about Iran's P2 centrifuges, which can be used to produce bomb-grade uranium, has been incomplete and unclear.

We have correlated information regarding terrorist groups in order to build a threat profile for the next six weeks.

Irans Nuclear History - PDF Format
WHO STARTED THEM OFF?
Unable to find a Western European supplier, Iran turned to China and the Soviet Union for nuclear technology. On 6 March 1990, the Soviet Union and Iran signed their first protocol on the project, stipulating that Moscow would complete the Bushehr plant and build an additional two VVER-440 reactors in Iran.

Although the most worrisome clauses of the 1995 Russian-Iranian nuclear contract provision of a gas centrifuge uranium enrichment plant and a large research reactor have been halted, other concerns remain. Russian nuclear fuel cycle assistance, such as building a uranium mine and providing 2,000 tons of natural uranium, could enhance Tehran�s capability.

That�s right, It was the Russians.

WAVY Article.
(AP) - The USS Harry S. Truman sailed Wednesday- and the USS Enterprise left Thursday - in a test of the Navy's ability to have seven of its 12 carriers away from port simultaneously, a major shift from the way carriers have traditionally been used.

This news of a fleet surge can be tied in with reports of surging from many other ports, what we know for definite is that this is the highest percentage of US Navy ships to have been put out to sea since World War 2. This unprecedented move costing millions of dollars every day is masked as a training exercise but a new threat is on the tables. According to recent intelligence, this exercise ties in very closely with a specified threat from Al-Qaeda to attack the United States. The carriers are expected to be out to see for 2-3 months, not exactly enough time to form up in the Gulf, have the exercise and then return home after giving Sailors some leave. Bear in mind that these ships could stay in the gulf indefinitely

Our Theory.
The DHS issued new orders for the coastguard AND NAVY to immediately search every vessel and container entering the United States. This decree came to fruition July 5th. This is due to specific threat information that indicates that a bomb is on the way to the United States or is being prepared to be sent. Container ships have always been a soft target due to the nature of containers; in many cases, these containers are buried deep in vast transport ships that make it almost impossible for people to search every one within a reasonable amount of time. If too much attention is drawn to ports then the media will notice it, which will lead to public concern and panic. All over the US and abroad we have seen slow and steady increases in security. The bogeyman approach has been abandoned for once and we are slowly but surely being prepared... just in case, Ready.govhas been putting out information on how to deal with N/B/C attacks for a while, this emergency site is fully prepared and constantly updated to meet threat information. In the event of an attack, information would be procured from there. Reports from all manner of analytical sites point to one general direction; terrorist chatter is at a minimum now, we have entered a period of no return. In addition, today�s DHS briefing read by a blatantly unsettled Sec. Ridge seemed to confirm fears.
As for the target? We plain do not know, it could be a soft port on the Pacific or Atlantic coasts where a bomb could be offloaded and driven to a target. It could be left in a container for months just waiting for the ideal time, there are many variables we cannot compute. A target list would be collated as more threat information comes in.

This unprecedented surge of US Navy ships may be used to help search for a missing container ship or to be ready to pounce.

The Sale/Theft of Nuclear material is believed to have taken place months ago before Bin Ladens truce offer, the peace has been used as a disguise in order to let Al-Qaeda cells move around and go into deep cover across their target grounds. With no major attacks or attempts since March the Al-Qaeda network is more or less silent

With all the information laid down in front of us, It is of my opinion that a threat is underway right now. Many at ATSNN share this idea but it would not be prudent of me to name them.

The Silence of the Middle East

Since December, we have had silence from every major terrorist group in the Middle East and Africa. With the exception of the Madrid bombing in March, there have been no major attacks or attempts against western installations or personnel, with the spate of recent car bombings and beheadings in Iraq occupying the nation�s attention; it would be easy for messages from other groups to slip in under the radar. This is peculiar as even in Israel there has been relative silence from Hamas, Hezbollah and other related groups.

Sheik Ahmed Yassin, the founder and leader of the Hamas militant group that targeted Israelis in suicide bombings, was killed by missiles fired from Israeli helicopters as he left a mosque at daybreak Monday, witnesses said.

This execution of Hamas' founder and spiritual leader infuriated Muslims all over the Middle East but no retaliation has come, this is very different

THE THREAT TO EUROPE

Bin Ladens proposed truce with Europe was unanimously rejected by each country. It is common knowledge that even if the truce was accepted, Bin Laden would not have kept to it. Bin Ladens "olive branch" was an offer valid for three months only. Bin Ladens speech, which aired on Al Arabaya TV on 14/4/04

Many have pegged July 14 or July 15 as the date when Europe's opportunity at a truce will end. Leaving us with one week to prepare, It is no secret that Al-Qaeda cells have "gone quiet" and may be ready to strike at a moments notice. Visible security upgrades are in place around facilities in major western cities and military bases.

We can reveal that Bin Laden did not intend for this date to be three �Gregorian� months; as a militant follower of Islam it is far more likely that he intended three lunar months as the Islamic calendar is based on these.

If we take the date of airing of the speech (14/4/04) as the beginning of the three lunar month window, and use the first broadcast date of April 14, we can calculate the actual ending date. April 14 on the Islamic calendar is the 24th day of the month Safar. Three months from Safar would be the 24th day of Jumada al Awil, or Jumada I.

The 24th of Jumada al Awil falls on July 11. Plans for an attack may come days before of days after this deadline. Civilian infrastructure is the most likely target, with a possible repeat of the Madrid train bombings of March happening in western cities. Trains are soft targets due to the lack of security in stations and on board; no security checks are performed prior to boarding.

The threat to Europe focuses mainly on civilian infrastructure and on high value targets; barricades have been erected around British Government buildings to stop car bombings. This threat is but a general one, and may not come to fruition.

If you wish to comment or dispute then please do. If you wish to submit a tip please email me at [email protected] or [email protected] and complete anonymity will be guaranteed.

Related Links/Suitable Discussion
IAEA Official Website - Updated with statements and links
Ready.Gov - Preparedness Site
Iran Daily - Iranian Newspaper Site
Haaretz - Israeli News Site
The BBC - Great Unbiased News Site
CNN - The Worlds News Leader
GlobalSecurity.org Report on Iranian Military

[edit on 10-7-2004 by Nerdling]

[edit on 11-7-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
excellent article Nerdling. I do agree a terrorist attack is imminent in the near future, but 7/11 seems to be the date with the highest probability according to what we know so far. However it is possible that 7/11 will pass without any event due to extra vigilence, and we will be surprised on a later date.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Great post Nerdling. If there is indeed a bomb on the way what about the idea that has been floated here before? The idea of detonating a bomb in Yellowstone? But the most realistic target is a coastal city like NY or Miami. Just drive a boat up and set the bomb off. There is also the possibility of intercepting a cruise liner at sea.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
All great points guys.

I'd put money on Houston or a soft port in the Gulf of Mexico, maybe in LA, you could offload a bomb there and you're not going to get the same level of security you would in NY.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Do we have some credible information on this? Because that's the yearly stuff we get since 2001 with changing country names(Iraq, NC, Syria, Iran) and dates.

And I don't consider "homeland superduperinforportal report Jon Doe has gathered that info from inside sources" as credible evidence. Some good please, thanks

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Oh yeah. New Orleans. You can basically drive a boat into town cant you?

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Thumbs up on a fantastic article Nerdling!!

The place for maximum effect of a real nuke would probably be in the west with the atmosphere carrying the fallout eastward across the country.

But all info leads one to think it probably would be a "dirty bomb" and then it would most likely be used in a high population center for max effect.

Your assessment on the ports are right on, we don't have enough inspectors or the time to check every single container at the moment so the off shore checking is a plus.

Good point also is some states are implementing radiation and explosive detectors at truck stops, which helps but probably won't stop the transport, especially if it is a dirty bomb which can be hidden in a suitcase etc.

So it is important to be aware of your surroundings and report ANY suspicious people and activities.

I just hope the Gov't informs us when and if they know that this type of weapon has made US soil. I know they have to weigh the panic factor, but I for one think it is imperative that we remain informed.

Just throwing out some thoughts, once again great article Nerdling

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
All very valid concerns shoo.

I used a variety of sources, I attempted to keep to UNBIASED sources for a truer sense of the situation. All the news excerpts are from BBC links but I checked other major sites, including leading arabic and international wire services to confirm. The factual information is from IAEA databases.

I assure you I did not use DHS or Government propaganda info on any of this except when reading todays statement.

I don't normally go for these theories but this has plagued me for a month. ElBaradei and the IAEA issued nuclear alerts last month and i felt compelled to carry on.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I must add, I still don't think airport security is up to par.

In my mind, there shouldn't ever be any more lost baggage if airport security was up to the level it should be, every bag would be tracked and eventually find it's way to it's owner.

I mention this, because relatives lost a camera bag while being searched by the TSA. There were no other passengers around to have picked up the bag and they were the last ones to pass thru TSA at that time. We called and even went to the airport to report it. TSA said they didn't find it, the airline, and airport also didn't find it. Can you just imagine the possibilites if it wasn't just a camera and some clothes in the bag.

then two days after that incident, a guy crashes his car thru the door and makes it all the way to the ticket counter.

i'm flying next weekend and be assured i am not feeling very confident.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I believe you carefully selected your sources of information, I just consider the source of information of your sources to be inaccurate.

Where do they have those infos from? It wouldn't be the first case where the whole media all around the world jumps the smoking gun not realising only one person/small paper made the whole story up.

Sure, if like 100 respected papers of all kinds and all around the world consider the nuclear threat to be realistic it makes us think!
But, what's their source? Is it one source? more?

2 to 3 different credible sources and I am the first to pack my stuff to get somewhere away from any city but at the moment I fear it's something that favoured from the snowball effect.

Anyway, as a retired secret service advisor and investigator told me: "Today, the best information gathering is done by the media.".
I hope the media is wrong, this time.

And Nerdling,
didn't want to criticise your article, I like it and the way you report. Keep it up

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The BBC has a strict editiorial policy of only reporting information from at least two sources that can be verified. If there arent two then it doesnt get put up, simple as that.

I agree WorldWatcher, Airport security is nowhere near where it needs be, this silence is breeding complacency.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
The BBC has a strict editiorial policy of only reporting information from at least two sources that can be verified. If there arent two then it doesnt get put up, simple as that.

Define two sources that can be verified!
2 reports on a popular arabic and asian newspaper website?
2 different persons?
2 different secret services?

I am afraid it's the first that made them write the article.

I remember one case this or last year where the whole media jumped the story, reported it all over and it turned out to be one fancy creation of an arabic newspaper. Damn, can't remember what it was about exactly, maybe somebody else can.
What I want to say is that even BBC and other big names aren't any guarantee for that credible information.

and I can tell you, if my job is to bring a nuclear bomb into your country, you will know it when it detonates and not a second before. Don't underestimate the terrorists.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I chose the BBC because they work differently. I have worked to their editorial standards and they are incredibly tight.

You must have two or more independently verifiable sources that must have first hand knowledge of the topic in question. An article like this would need several sources. It's probably scientists or doctors who don't go along with hardliners.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Maybe but I don't eat it. We have an intelligence problem with Iran and that's something we normally don't have as Germans. Arabic countries are an open door but Iran's top positions and departments are a closed society.
Same for the USA and they even don't accept intelligence sources from within the MFA of Iran.

I hardly doubt that BBC has contact to 2 to 3 scientists now.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
This report along with information and thoughts collected over a long period disturbs me greatly. I have for six months believed an attack was imminent between mid July and late August for the very reason that to attack to soon is a giveme to the hated (Islamist hate) Bush administration but to attack too late is to give the election to the Bush administration, If I realized this way back in the beginning of the year so must have Al Qaeda.

It really doesn't matter if you are liberal or conservative, whether you believe this to be a threat from your own government or Al Qaeda.

The result is if you are in the wrong place at the right time it won't matter what you believe, you'll be just as dead.

I really don't think we have a practical way to stop this from happening if the people involved are dedicated enough to carry it out, I think if I was determined to do it I could carry it out with the many holes in this countries borders left open due to political and economic motivations, If I can do it so can they!

I have relocated since 9/11 to a "safe" area my concern is what happens afterwards.

[edit on 8-7-2004 by Phoenix]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I've just obtained more info from Valhall
and i'll update soon in a follow up post.

Where did you relocate to Phoenix?

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Well, the date will have significance IF and when it happens. So 9/11=9+1+1=11. 7/13=7+1+3=11. Or maybe 7/17 which is 128 days since 3/11, 1+2+8=11. But anyway, as you see there are a multitude of dates adding up to 11 either from 9/11 or 3/11 so...

My bet is 7/13, both 7 and 13 are important numbers, i remember checking out mythology and they were important in Egypt, which was part of the SUmerian Empire in the Middle East. But I'll post a new thread in predictions about this with more info. As well, it falls on a Tuesday, in which I had a lucid dream a while back where someone told me Tuesday night, and 9/11 occured on a tuesday...So I think there is a lot of reason to say 7/13.

[edit on 8-7-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Excellent post, Nerdling. I can add a firsthand response as I live two blocks from the ports of LA & Long Beach and I have never seen such a heightened level of security. There are private security cars everywhere, Coast Guard Cutters at the entrance to each inlet, California Highway Patrol vehicles uncharacteristically patrolling the last few miles of the Harbor Freeway and I have seen eight DHS vehicles in the area since last week.

There has also been an increase in the amount of aerial patrols in the past few days. Long Beach has a reputation for gang activity so I'm used to the LB Police Dept helicopter patrolling frequently, but I'm hearing at least three different helicopters at varying times and never in the same timeframe. The helicopters aren't up every night as it's the season for the "marine layer" to roll in during the evening, but when they are up, it's only late at night (after 11:30 p.m.) and the latest I've heard them is 4:30 a.m. so they're out of sight before the sun is up (sunrise is around 5:49 a.m. these days).

I'll be sure to post if anything else looks strange. Thanks again for the great post, Nerdling.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Looks like Osama Bin Laden and his Generals are still in business. or are they?

CNN.com Full Article

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A plot to carry out a large-scale terror attack against the United States in the near future is being directed by Osama bin Laden and other top al Qaeda members, senior intelligence officials said Thursday.

Bin Laden and his top lieutenant, Ayman al-Zawahiri, are overseeing the attack plans from their remote hideouts somewhere along the Afghanistan-Pakistan border, according to senior intelligence officials.

"This type of plotting, this type of operational activity, is being done with the direct direction and authorization of that senior leadership," said one official, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Arrests of terror suspects in Europe and the Middle East resulted in the new warning, said Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge.

"We lack precise knowledge about time, place and method of attack," he said. "But along with the CIA, FBI and other agencies, we are actively working to gain that knowledge."

The plot thickens...

There is something in the form of an attack in the works.. logic alone would tell anyone that. Nerdling's amazing exclusive here should open some eyes.. I think he is dead on here.

but the other side hopes like hell he is dead wrong!

Gazz

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Olivia
Excellent post, Nerdling. I can add a firsthand response as I live two blocks from the ports of LA & Long Beach and I have never seen such a heightened level of security. There are private security cars everywhere, Coast Guard Cutters at the entrance to each inlet, California Highway Patrol vehicles uncharacteristically patrolling the last few miles of the Harbor Freeway and I have seen eight DHS vehicles in the area since last week.

There has also been an increase in the amount of aerial patrols in the past few days. Long Beach has a reputation for gang activity so I'm used to the LB Police Dept helicopter patrolling frequently, but I'm hearing at least three different helicopters at varying times and never in the same timeframe. The helicopters aren't up every night as it's the season for the "marine layer" to roll in during the evening, but when they are up, it's only late at night (after 11:30 p.m.) and the latest I've heard them is 4:30 a.m. so they're out of sight before the sun is up (sunrise is around 5:49 a.m. these days).

I'll be sure to post if anything else looks strange. Thanks again for the great post, Nerdling.

Wow, It'd be great if you could give us some pictures of that even on a camera phone submission. I'll keep this info in mind. Maybe they're using geiger counters to detect radiation.

Have you seen helicopters hovering over containers?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join