It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: This Summer's Terrorist Threat - US & Abroad.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Hello Yawl,

The real threat of global terrorism comes from the Zionist/JUDEO-Christian religious wackos calling the shots for the Bush Regime. It is their regimes foreign policies, and the several that have preceeded it, underwriting the welfare state of Israel on stolen 'Palistinian' land, in order to realise the second coming of THEIR Christ by means of THEIR biblically prophesied Armaggedon, which is responsible for generating the Arab-Islamic ire toward the United States.

Bush is a 'Born Again Christian' after all.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The BBC will not divulge its sources to those outside of the corporation. But they will be on record and on file.

Sorry, sources are always confidential. Thats normally the condition someone sets for an interview to go ahead.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I said rough info and no info, is no rough info, it is no info. As BBC doesn't give any comment how this information was awarded(and guess what, I am used to the journalistic standard that sources are secret...) I consider this whole story to be one big made-up

Normally they tell you at least something like "scientists" or whatever. Don't tell me now that could already set the source in danger

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
OK, so now that we know an attack will happen, what types of weapons are likely to show up? What are your opinions on the probability of a full nuke, dirty bomb, bio warhead, chem bomb, etc? My bet goes toward either a full nuke or a dirty bomb, depending on the quality of the uranium/plutonium and thier technical knowledge.

By full nuke I mean a fission nuclear bomb like those dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, or bigger. I seriously doubt the terrorists have a thermonuke. The knowledge needed is far greater and you need additional isotopes for it. But if they do, the damage is easily 50 times worse than simply a fission weapon.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The likely weapon of choice will be a small nuclear device with a yield between 20kt and 100kt

It'll leave a crater 100ft wide and everything within a mile will be incinerated, if dropped somewhere in lower Manhattan... casualty rate of maybe 200,000 outright, spiralling upwards over time and distance.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
From member cougar15:

Just heard Paul Williams, author of a book on Osama, talking about terrorists. He says that they already have at least 20 suitcase sized nukes in the U.S. He says, what Tom Ridge was talking about is an attack on 7 to 9 U.S. Cities at the same time. He said it is coming real soon.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This makes me want to vomit, its the real thing this time.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I had been informed last year that there were 7 suitcase Nukes in The US already, I wouldn't be suprised if the number did grow. Has anyone else noticed that this is the first time the DoHS actually issued the warning? The previous ones were issued by Ashcroft without the DoHS's prior notice. This I believe is the real thing, There has been silence from Osama, whether he is in custody or not, it makes you wonder what he may be up to.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
SEVEN????

Christ, those could kill millions.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
just heard some analyst on FOX news, saying that chatter suggest major attacks in several cities at once and that there atleast 20 suitcase nukes already in this country, all which most likely came thru our ports. Now that is some scary ****!!!

Okay I just found it. the guy's name is Paul L. Williams, his book is titled: Osamas Revenge: THE NEXT 9/11 : What the Media and the Government Haven't Told You

here's the link that shows he was guest on FOX today:
www.foxnews.com...

i think me and valhall are referring to same individual. i must read that book now

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   

just heard some analyst on FOX news, saying that chatter suggest major attacks in several cities at once and that there atleast 20 suitcase nukes already in this country, all which most likely came thru our ports. Now that is some scary ****!!!

Okay I just found it. the guy's name is Paul L. Williams, his book is titled: Osamas Revenge: THE NEXT 9/11 : What the Media and the Government Haven't Told You

here's the link that shows he was guest on FOX today:
www.foxnews.com...

i think me and valhall are referring to same individual. i must read that book now

You should try and get an e-version, that way its much cheaper, and you can search for specific keywords.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
There is a high terrorist warning level in the Netherlands today. Although no one seem to know how high. There is a lot of police activity in Amsterdam and national Airport. The goverment says they are working on a similar warning level system as the US.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by rai76
There is a high terrorist warning level in the Netherlands today. Although no one seem to know how high. There is a lot of police activity in Amsterdam and national Airport. The goverment says they are working on a similar warning level system as the US.

Yikes.

I havent noticed any significant increases in security at UK airports but its very possible. We seem to go to a heightened state of alert at the drop of a hat.

How often do you guys go on alert?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Back in the early eighties, the Mail on Sunday and the Sunday Times ran a story about retired government scientists who were employed to travel aroung the UK in converted Camper Vans checking the environment for radiation in case a suitcase bomb was on the move. I have also read that the UK used to conduct aircraft flights with radiation monitoring gear on board, doing the same job. Anyone else remember the story?
I'd imagine that a similar detection programme would be useful at the moment.

zero lift

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Are these suitcase nukes built by the Russians during the Cold War? Or are they constructed by the terrorists themselves? If they are from Russia, then I doubt very much that they leak enough rads to be detected by modified campers. But if they are constructed by terrorists, there is a reasonable chance that such a detection system would work.

I read somewhere that suitcase nukes are invariably linear implosion devices, which to the best of my knowedge are like the nuke dropped on Nagasaki, but linear instead of circular. Can someone outline the advantages of this type of detonation system over the simpler gun type bomb dropped on Hiroshima? I can't see any myself, except for mybe slightly smaller chance of a misfire....

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NothingMakesSense
Are these suitcase nukes built by the Russians during the Cold War? Or are they constructed by the terrorists themselves? If they are from Russia, then I doubt very much that they leak enough rads to be detected by modified campers. But if they are constructed by terrorists, there is a reasonable chance that such a detection system would work.

For More Info on suitcase nukes look HERE

Information has been out for awhile now concerning the Russian SCN. While some of these hold some truth, others do not. They were ready available on the Black Market by former the former Soviet Union. The level of enrichment may decline but can be re-enriched.

Antenna.nl

Re-enrichment

Surprisingly, the recovery of the residual uranium-235 contained in the depleted uranium no longer is a matter of the future: it has been practised for several years now.

Depleted uranium from European uranium enricher Urenco (with plants operating in the United Kingdom, The Netherlands, and Germany) and others is now being enriched in Russia. The centrifuge enrichment plant of Minatom's Ural Electrochemical Integrated Plant (UEChK, formerly Sverdlovsk-44) at Novouralsk near Ekaterinburg is enriching tails for Urenco. Minatom, while further depleting ("stripping") Urenco's depleted uranium, produces uranium of natural contents (0.71%) in uranium-235. It thus re-enriches or upgrades the tails to natural uranium-235 grade. This product is then delivered back to Urenco for further enrichment to reactor grade. In 1996 alone, more than 6,000 metric tonnes of tails were upgraded. [Nuclear Fuel, October 6, 1997]

Long-term storage or disposal
The portion of the depleted uranium for which no use can be identified must be disposed of, or must be safely stored in the long term for possible future uses. According to the nuclear industry, changes in the market or new enrichment technologies might allow for an economical recovery of the residual uranium-235 still contained in the depleted uranium in the future.

For long-term storage or disposal, the depleted UF6 must be converted to a less reactive chemical form: candidates are UF4, U3O8, and UO2. UF4 has the advantage of being easily reconvertible to UF6, while U3O8 is the most stable form, also existing as a natural mineral.

Emphasis performed by me

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The thing I have been bringing up in the past, especially my Is the Stage Being Set? OP/ED's is the security that was in place pre 9-11. This would allow the "Safe" passage of these types of things into the US.

According to my sources, their have been in fact at least 7 SCN brought into the country pre 9-11. Wether they are ready full scale Nukes is not known. As in this article it is believed that Iranians may have supplied Al-Qaeda with enriched uranium. If these things are indeed true, then you would have an operational SCN.

The truth is, whether you believe The Bush Admin, CIA, MOSSAD, Al-Qaeda, or whoever is behind this, one thing is in common; The Common people of the world are the ones who suffer. I suggest that this be taken with an open mind, yet with a couple grains of salt. Sure intelligance has failed in the past, yet it has worked also. This may be "The Boy Who Cried Wolf". We all have heard the numerous Alerts in the past, and at first were like "Oh my God here they come", now it has the "Oh my God here we go again with this crap" feel going on. In my personal opinion, I believe this threat IS real, and should not be taken lightly. I'm not about to move to an underground bunker or anything, but I am listening, researching and paying close attention to this situation.

If anyone has Information Concerning these threats, please contact myself at TrickmastertricK@atsnn.com or webmaster@hennessyentertainment.com.

Also from the end of Nerdlings Post:
If you wish to comment or dispute then please do. If you wish to submit a tip please email me at david@atsnn.com or nerdling@gmail.com and complete anonymity will be guaranteed.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Not sure if this was mentioned..

The whole deal with US ships being out to sea - we had initially thought it may be signalling the beginning of some military operations or even a war - now it's hit me.

If we're getting wind of this now, publicly, then the chances are there's been some small recognition of it for quite some time, I mean, many ATS members have been thinking that an attack is constantly right around the corner, but perhaps the US ran into some chatter it truly didn't like, and decided that they should spread their forces out a bit, that way, if something like a dirty bomb or a suitcase nuke hit a port-area, the States wouldn't be militarily crippled in addition to having a crippled economy and morale. Just a thought, but it pushes the hand into the glove a smidgen tighter.

Still, while this seems so certain, we've been so certain of things before, if things do happen, what will there be that we can do to stop them? If they don't, then they don't, which they seem unlikely to anyway, given our past record.

Anyrate, if an attack _is_ indeed set as early as 7/11, then we've less than 32 hours to see. Going by EST thinking up to approx 9 AM on the 11th. Oh. Wow. It's a holiday weekend too.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
check this site out a bit hard to read like but got some info on Suitcase" nuclear bombs

www.geocities.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

Originally posted by rc
What states should we be concerned with?

Eastern Seaboard mainly.
Florida, California, Washington, The Carolina's, Mississippi, Maine, New York & New Jersey.

Could be anywhere though. Major metropolitian area's are likely targets.

This could tie in with the other thread that mentioned Seattle was having late night Emergency messages on the cable channels ("A civil authority...blah, blah blah) directing viewers to turn to the local news channel to get information. No one has mentioned Seattle. Tons of crap seems to go on up there.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:23 AM
link   
To 9 AM EST it is now 3 hours 30 minutes.

I honestly doubt there'll be anything today, it just doesn't feel like one of those world-ending days.

We'll see.

P.S. To above poster, Seattle isn't on the Eastern Seaboard, it's on the Western Seaboard.

[edit on 11-7-2004 by Viendin]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join