It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found something out(surprised)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Since we are speaking of missing threads . . . I am curious where the thread went that was a challenge from the OP to answer one question about one thing everyone could do that would make the world a better if not perfect place. The thread was by maninthemirror.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

No I didn't know that. Like I said, I didn't know if it would turn out to be anything, I was enjoying that thread that got shut down and put alot of tome into finding that post of somebody accusing erad3 of being a banned poster. I was already searching for hours and didn't check up on it anymore than looking at savvys84 profile. That is why I wanted to put it on the closed thread to see what everbody thought about it. Thank you for posting and I am curious as to who the other people(s) are. But I think I will let that one rest.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
This thread?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This was the first thread to discuss the relation between Erad3 and the shooter's style of writing.

It was 'pancakeman' who discovered the reddit post discussing the similarity, and it was me who posted it here first on ATS.

The thread is paused and not completely closed according to Skeptic Overlord.

Time will tell.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Yes that is the thread. Thank you, I followed that thing till the end.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Ohhh Family guy just did something I know will make the zomg people itch.

Peter gets addicted to red bull - It's been said that this Jared/Erad3 was a drug abuser.

Peter has his red bull taken away.

Peter makes his own red bull, using Kerosene.

Brian says "Peter, you can't use that it will ruin your body!"

Peter says "Kerosene is fuel, redbull is fuel, therefore kerosene is redbull! " as he drinks it and collapses.

There's that inductive logic that old slimebag loved to spout...

The government know the secrets and allow the cartoons.
The cartoons are allowed.
Therefore, the government allows the cartoons.

edit on 10/1/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
As a long time reader and new poster. I wondered why those threads were closed. That is for someone else to decide. I have to admit I was disappointed. I can definitely see the sites immediate response. Nobody wants any negative attention. I would just like to point out. He posted on Facebook, that does not make Facebook the least bit responsible. He posted that incoherent video on Youtube. They assume no liability for the act of a crazy man. My point is, if he posted here. It's a quantum leap to blame this site.

Well, we are discussing it now....

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
As a long time reader and new poster. I wondered why those threads were closed. That is for someone else to decide. I have to admit I was disappointed. I can definitely see the sites immediate response. Nobody wants any negative attention

Actually, what generally happens is a "drive by flash mob" that starts posting comments about the person, bawls develop, and it turns into a real mess where everyone has to have their say. I've done some academic research on these types of threads (in one case, a blog by someone who raped and killed a little girl and then committed suicide -- there were over 3,000 comments on his final post -- days after he had died.)

If someone wanted to research the thread (news media, linguistics scholar, law enforcement) it's much better to have the shorter "real document" than a huge bloated log full of people shouting for their 5 seconds of fame.

I've been in other situations where I've had to deal with this kind of material as a moderator. Trust me -- the "just the facts and no editorializing/chest thumping from others" is the best way to handle it.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I've just been going round the board following up all the loose end threads, and, I'd guess savvys84 was English from the style of his posts. However, it seems there may still be some sort of connection between the two.

As an aside, I'm glad I made the effort to come back to this thread because I learned something about the thankless job of being a Mod.

reply to post by Byrd

I'd never considered the strategy of closing a thread the moment it peaks to keep it distilled and in it's best condition for later viewing. It makes perfect sense now, Jeez who'd be a Mod?

regards

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join