It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found something out(surprised)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I was digging around for hours on ATS concerning a recent event. I have found something that is really interesting. When I went to reply on the existing thread, a person of high ranking shut the thread down right before I could post. Now I understand that ATS wants to protect its image, but to purposely suppress info when the subject is getting good and answers are being found is down right wrong. I understand that it is their website and they make the rules. But the reason I joined ATS is to find my own little piece of the puzzle and hopefully answer some questions that have been longing to be answered. Now with this incident I am questioning the true motives of ATS, (or is it just disinfo agents shutting threads down with vulgarity?)
Although I still have this info, I am not going to post it because I like this site. I understand that the moderators will probably remove my thread because of its content. Content that can be seen as a negative light on ATS. This is not my intention. I just want to voice my concern on this site because I noticed a sudden shift in the new topics.
Thank you for reading and I am in no way bashing ATS, I am just a bit dissapointed.
edit on 9-1-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
if you have found out something interesting then post it for us all to know ;-)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Yep I didn't see your other thread , if it's accurate information please pass it on to us.
Be the Julian Assange Of ATS

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
If you've found something interesting out about an event, i think you should post it, maybe it was for a diferent reason that the thread was closed?

Tell us ^_^

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The truth always comes out, one way or another.
I guess what you want to divulge contravenes ATS policy, in that it shows the site in a negative light?
I'm gonna take a wild guess & ask if it has something to do with site ownership? Maybe not.

Like everyone else, I want to hear, whatever it is

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I agree with the Other posters, lets see what you've got - then we can decide if it is a 'general conspiracy' or should this go to the rant board!

What was the topic?

Peace

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Could you post it somewhere else please? Just let us know where. If it s info that the ATS community should know then I thnk that's the best move.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Ok. It may not be nothing but I was searching the Erad3 posts for hours, going through his friends and what not. I found a poster accusing Erad3 of being a former banned member savvy84. Now I know this may be nothing, but I find it seriously convienient that I was about to post this and the site owner closed the constantly updated thread on the assasanation. I am shaking right now because I think I found something the site wants to bury. If this is true, and I will highlight, if, he could have had many different accounts.
Please do not hang me if it turns out to be nothing. I was totally in awstruck when I went through hours of searching only to find the thread closed. Not only closed, but closed when the story heated up that the shooter was an ATS member and closed by the site owner. Now it is a possibility that he used another user name that was banned and opened a new account.
Notice how he quiclkly junps about not having the same url or whatever it is called.
I doubt this thread will last. I am sure that the mods are eyeing it. Here it is. Page two 17 posts down or so he is called out.

"posted on 14-7-2010 @ 02:05 PM this post Anyone who likes a good laugh Visit erad3 last profile here savvys84

Look at the way he posts about his scalar weapons theory.

This guy hasn't got a clue."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Look up savvys84 threads, while I believe the avatar is a different pic. 2012 and similar subjects are a flag.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I know the thread you're referencing. The explanation is not necessarily a good explanation of why it was shut down, but it is an explanation. The thread itself isn't necessarily a good thread to begin with as I can't see that it would lead to anything useful except to satiate ATS curiosity on the matter. On the other hand, I can definitely see where the thread could lead to liability issues with the ATS website.

I think there were more negatives to leaving it up than shutting it down.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

If I am on to something then the mods or the owner will not like this and the thread will be shut down like the others

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

If I am on to something then the mods or the owner will not like this and the thread will be shut down like the others

I don't think so.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I understand why they would not want people to know. The frustration lies in when something interesting comes along, boom were told to back off.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
People are taking notice over the internet that (and even though it looks likely it's still for now not definitively proven)
Erad3 was the man who did the shootings.
They all reference this site & links to his threads & the threads where he's being dissected by other members.

But I do think the reason that thread was closed was for duplication reasons

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

My above comment is sincere and i think I am on to something. I was in serious heart sunk awe when I seen the site owner right before I was going to post.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JustCurious1

While that is possible, it was an updated thread. I tried to post a new thread on the subject last night and the moderators combined it with that thread. So there wasn't but a few threads on the subject.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
who is erad3?

and what shootings are we talking about??

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I found it interesting, though not surprising, that initiating a ridiculous thread with posts that seem to make no sense whatever can become very popular and get a lot of responses.

For as many rambling posts that were made by that author that talked in nonsensical circles his star to post ratio was not bad - 100 stars to 130 posts, and had a K score of 12.

Well, who knew he was going to make such a big splash in the news? Major headlines.

edit on 9-1-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

I understand why they would not want people to know. The frustration lies in when something interesting comes along, boom were told to back off.

Have you ever heard the phrase: "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face"? That would apply here.
edit on 9/1/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

What is a K score and what is a WATS score? I must have missed the memo.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

What is a K score and what is a WATS score? I must have missed the memo.

Ummm... ATS "Brownie Points"?? Not sure but there is a formula for how they are awarded. I think WATS buys you into "restricted areas". ATS credentials, I expect.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join