It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assassin's politics lean 'left wing, quite liberal'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I went over and took a look at his profile.
Since I've watched a few of his youtube vid's,
that is just crazy!!

Threads started regarding currency, infinite years, and the one thing listed under "Topics I dislike".
Wow!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree
reply to post by kinda kurious

Innocent American citizens are dead. I suggest you remove your tongue from your cheek once you get your foot out of your mouth. Catastrophic sense of humor failure.

And here starts the emotional drivel.
The "tongue-in-cheek" comment was directed at the immediate blame of the Tea Party, without anything to back that claim up.

If compassion for innocent fellow citizens who were mercilessly gunned down makes me emotional then I'm guilty as charged. If pointing out disrespect of a somber situation constitutes as drivel so be it.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I suspect he might be an ats member. I agree this doesn't seem like the usual left vs right since they both are pro-government as long as it's their own. This one is most likely an anarchist extremist, could be a tea party supporter but in general not into politics but more into revolution. Of course it could also be driven by paranoia, and who knows he maybe a victim of a mind control program.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
Of course it could also be driven by paranoia, and who knows he maybe a victim of a mind control program.

Or driven by the inflammatory rhetoric against the dembs/libs by these guys....

Rush, Beck, Sean, Savage, Bork, Levin, Medved, Mancow, Hal Turner, ORilley, Laura Ingraham and Ann Coulter.

It was just a matter of time.

edit on 9-1-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I don't get the WND source assertions made in this thread. WND is NOT the original source of Ms. Parker's tweets.

A woman named Caitie Parker has been tweeting that she went to school with Rep. Gabrielle Giffords' alleged shooter Jared Loughner and that he had met Giffords previously.

Also," he was a pot head & into rock like Hendrix,The Doors, Anti-Flag. I haven't seen him in person since '07 in a sign language class" and "As I knew him he was left wing, quite liberal. & oddly obsessed with the 2012 prophecy."

Source.

www.businessinsider.com

WND

WND clearly picked the story up later.
edit on 9-1-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

It's because WND will pick up on one thing like this to attack liberals for everything. Is someone tweeted that liberals are responsible for solar eclipses, WND would print it.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

So you are claiming the tweets are fake?

twitter.com...

www.myspace.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Nope, probably not. What I am against is WND taking one peice of evidence, ignoring everything else, and jumping to a conclusion. This woman last saw him in 2007; lots can change in 4 years. The shooter said he cannot trust the current government, ranted about the Constitution, saying his college was illegal under the Constitution. These are not the things left-wingers typically say; and since the current government is "to the left" it seems odd a left-winger would carry out the attack. Not impossible, but not as likely. The guy is mentally unstable; WND and others are disgusting for seizing upon a tragedy to further their agendas. They are the Fred Phelps' of the political world.
edit on 9-1-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
The shooter said he cannot trust the current government, ranted about the Constitution, saying his college was illegal under the Constitution. These are not the things left-wingers typically say

Are your kidding???? Please don't make me have to cite HUNDREDS if not thousands of posts just within this site where those precise things were asserted by democrats or liberals or just about anyone opposed to Bush and his administration.

God, it's frustrating how feeble and short minded everyone seems when it comes to politics.

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
The guy is mentally unstable; WND and others are disgusting for seizing upon a tragedy to further their agendas. They are the Fred Phelps' of the political world.

Have you been looking at some of the other threads on this board--like the Palin is Guilty thread?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

The tweets are one person's opinion. It makes much more sense to look to Loughner's own words and videos to discern what his beliefs and motivations are, regardless of how you interpret them politically. Very likely he is not quite stable or rational, but a much better source than some girl who says she had one class with him more than four years ago.
edit on 9-1-2011 by dalloway because: to add italicized qualifier

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Are your kidding???? Please don't make me have to cite HUNDREDS if not thousands of posts just within this site where those precise things were asserted by democrats or liberals or just about anyone opposed to Bush and his administration.

God, it's frustrating how feeble and short minded everyone seems when it comes to politics.

And yet you do not see the irony in the fact that our "twitter" source last heard him speakd of hating the governement when Bush was president?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Why is that ironic? It was the point.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Why is that ironic? It was the point.

So you are not asserting that these tweets are evidence of him being some kind of Lefty?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Pathetic that the right-wing media would pin so much on some girls recollection of a 14 your old Jared Lee Loughner, from junior high band camp.

The twitter then goes on to say "liberal, in wanting to change the way the world was run, we both wanted to. He took it to an extreme I never would've."

Doesn't sound like a liberal political policy, more like an activist/extremist policy - one that responded to the rhetoric begin tossed around lately, especially violent-prone rhetoric from the right.

The shooter had previous contact with Giffords, so he was clearly responding to something in the media.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by dalloway

Originally posted by dalloway
The tweets are one person's opinion. It makes much more sense to look to Loughner's own words and videos to discern what his beliefs and motivations are, regardless of how you interpret them politically. Very likely he is not quite stable or rational, but a much better source than some girl who had one class with him more than four years ago.

I don't entirely disagree with this, but I have to say, the more I watch his words the more I think those seem like theater.

www.youtube.com.../u

Am I the only one who thinks this whole thing stinks?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

That is I guess what I was getting at. He shot a Democrat. His rantings are not the last bit partisan but certainly lean crazy. Some girl tells a right wing blog that he leaned left because if she remembers correctly, he hate the government when he was a kid and Bush was president. If hating the government in 2005-2007 as a teenages is indicative of a lefty, then you Republicans better start looking for other countries to live in come next generation. I do not think he was left or right. He was anti all kinds of stuff.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia
Some girl tells a right wing blog

Where do you get this? She tweeted and SEVERAL news sources and blogs picked it up, but I guess that is too factual for your point.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Where do you get this? She tweeted and SEVERAL news sources and blogs picked it up, but I guess that is too factual for your point.

OK then.....

SOME GIRL TWEETS

Happy? My entire point still stands but thanks.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Maybe I'm tired and it's late, but the rest of your point makes no sense to me- other than perhaps we both agree he was a nutter.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

My point was trying to use his actions as a kid hating the government while Bush was in the white house to paint him as a left is just as disingenuous as any claims that he was a right winger just because of this and that. There was no shortage of people in the US that hated the government in 2005--2007. That includes plenty of moderates as well as right wing millitia groups. The government has not been popular for some time now. Everyone is crying that it is unfair to paint him as a right winger and then trying to use some tweet from a girl who knew him 4 years ago when he hated the government to paint him as left. I seem to remember Bush was pretty unpopular all the way around. It is a weak link is all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join