It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assassin's politics lean 'left wing, quite liberal'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
From over at WND:

One user on Twitter, Caitie Parker, wrote she went to high school, college and was in a band with the gunman.
She said she hadn't seen him since 2007.
Parker wrote of Lougher, "As I knew him he was left wing, quite liberal and oddly obsessed with the 2012 prophecy."
She also described him as "more left." Read more: Assassin's politics lean 'left wing, quite liberal'

WND

I figured I'd throw this out before this is all blamed on the Tea Party or something.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

When reading some of the rantings, not all, I suspected something like this. It's what led me to speculate about this: Was Federal Judge John Roll the real target?

But some of the pieces still don't make sense.
edit on 8-1-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree
[m

That won’t help because it’s the rhetoric that causes a bad enviroment and all the bad rhetoric is from the tea party types and the right wing right now.

Sharon Angle: www.huffingtonpost.com...

Sharron Angle Floated '2nd Amendment Remedies' As 'Cure' For 'The Harry Reid Problems'

What do you think that means. Does a reasonable logical person say such a thing?

chattahbox.com...

ChattahBox)—-The mood of right-wing Americans has turned hysterical, ugly and violent, with the help of fearmongering TV and radio pundits and Republican lawmakers. And Sarah Palin, the half-term Governor of Alaska, Fox News contributor and soon to be reality TV star, (Is Dancing With the Stars Next?) has decided she won’t be left out of the right-wing armed and dangerous crowd, using violent infused rhetoric and apocalyptic falsehoods. Yesterday on Twitter, Palin tweeted an inflammatory call to action for her followers to “reload” in their battle against Democrats and healthcare reform. Her tweet led her followers to her Facebook page, which contained an image of a map of the U.S., showing bullseye crosshairs on the state districts of targeted Democratic lawmakers who voted for the bill. She then urges her followers to contribute cash to her SarahPac, in a first “salvo” in the battle to defeat Democrats.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

So instead you went to WND, a site that blames everything on liberals?

I doubt this guy had any real ideology; he is nuts. This person said he was a left-winger in 2007, but that was a long time ago.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree
I figured I'd throw this out before this is all blamed on the Tea Party or something.

You'd be several hours late on that. Its been a constant refrain from some here and from political operatives all over the comment boards of the major news sites. "Palin is an accessory before the fact" and so on. Its very unfortunate. I don't think this person was a liberal either - I think he was mentally challenged having seen his videos and writings. I think he was in his own world.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I wondered if the judge was the real target as well, but I read somewhere that the judge wasn't "scheduled" to show up, only that he lived in the area and thought he'd stop by.

I'll look for the article.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

I suppose you would say the same thing about msnbc?

Link

Who's laughing now?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

I don't know where all of the rhetoric is coming from, but
I think this shows that where some of the actions are stemming from.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

I know I was a few hours late on that, I kinda threw that comment in tongue-in-cheek, as I watch all the media point the blame at the Tea Party, even though it doesn't seem to have been mentioned by the shooter at all.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

I recall reading that the congresscritter's father already uttered some sort of thing, saying something about the entire Tea Party hated his daughter. So it's been done already......And I noticed how quickly a facebook friend of mine jumped onto the "It's the evil conservatives and crazy tea party people out of control" bandwagon.

Of course, though. Since I frequent this conspiracy site of ATS, I can see how this could be a false flag event orchestrated by the denizens of both the left and right paradigm pits of hell. Just saying..............

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Sorry but IMO, WND source with a single Tweet is weak sauce for a thread.

Its a streeeeeeeeeeeeetch.

ETA:

reply to post by ararisq

I know I was a few hours late on that, I kinda threw that comment in tongue-in-cheek, as I watch all the media point the blame at the Tea Party, even though it doesn't seem to have been mentioned by the shooter at all.

Innocent American citizens are dead. I suggest you remove your tongue from your cheek once you get your foot out of your mouth. Catastrophic sense of humor failure.

edit on 8-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: added content

edit on 8-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

Me.

Your WND article leads with a headline about him being a left-winger. The MSNBC article talks about how he cannot trust the current government and how he is upset about people not speaking English. These are not generally left-wing talking points.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

From over at WND:

One user on Twitter, Caitie Parker, wrote she went to high school, college and was in a band with the gunman.
Parker wrote of Lougher, "As I knew him he was left wing, quite liberal and oddly obsessed with the 2012 prophecy."
She also described him as "more left." Read more: Assassin's politics lean 'left wing, quite liberal'

WND

Conisdering the source (n.b, the word is source, not sauce ) I think that's almost certainly bollices...

Y'all would generally not know a left wing person from a platypus...
Vicky

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

From over at WND:

WND

I found it alarming how quickly Palin & the Tea Partiers were blamed for this tragedy. I mean very little is actually known about the shooter. If that YouTube blip was any indicator, he may be just a nutter.

SeaWind

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Jerad (known as erad3 on ATS) seemed to have no real political affiliation. His profile lists he dislikes voting all together.

He seems out of the left/right paradigm and more in line with the crazy/nutcase style mindset.
edit on 8-1-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
reply to post by Oaktree

I recall reading that the congresscritter's father already uttered some sort of thing, saying something about the entire Tea Party hated his daughter. So it's been done already......And I noticed how quickly a facebook friend of mine jumped onto the "It's the evil conservatives and crazy tea party people out of control" bandwagon.

Of course, though. Since I frequent this conspiracy site of ATS, I can see how this could be a false flag event orchestrated by the denizens of both the left and right paradigm pits of hell. Just saying..............

There's something not right about how this is being reported. If the shooter turns out to be right-wing, it is just TOO perfect for the Left.

SeaWind

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeaWind
I found it alarming how quickly Palin & the Tea Partiers were blamed for this tragedy. I mean very little is actually known about the shooter. If that YouTube blip was any indicator, he may be just a nutter.

Then you must not be clear on the distinct implications by Palin showing a Graphic with the Congresswoman listed as a specific target and her numerous veiled gun references. (Reload, etc.) Also prominent TP candidates spew threats via 2nd amendment remedies etc.

Perhaps you are aware but sympathetic to their cause or simply unwilling to see the potential of cause and effect.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Innocent American citizens are dead. I suggest you remove your tongue from your cheek once you get your foot out of your mouth. Catastrophic sense of humor failure.

And here starts the emotional drivel.
The "tongue-in-cheek" comment was directed at the immediate blame of the Tea Party, without anything to back that claim up.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Very interesting! Right here on little ole' ATS?

Mind if I ask how came into this knowledge?
Not doubting, just curious.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

reply to post by SaturnFX

Very interesting! Right here on little ole' ATS?

Mind if I ask how came into this knowledge?
Not doubting, just curious.

Not me, its in a few other threads.
His currency thread is pretty close to the youtube video, his writing style is pretty identical to the guy overall, the guy had a beef with nasa so shot the chick that sits on the space admin board and husband to an astronaut, the username is a wordplay on his RL name, etc etc etc.

its too coincidental..pretty obvious..The guy is mentally disturbed..
And no postings or even thoughts about politics besides he hates it, he hates the current currency, he hates nasa..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join