It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assassin's politics lean 'left wing, quite liberal'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I have and I have posted in one of them. Blaming Palin for this is idiotic. We have no evidence at this time that the shooter followed Palin at all. Until we have further evidence, we simply cannot say whether politics played a role in this at all.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Assassin's politics lean 'left wing, quite liberal'

well i'm quite sure the media will not let this perception last long.

add another line to say "nutter".

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5
reply to post by ProudtobeEnglish

Sorry if I was harsh with you earlier. I apologise for the manner in which I made my point but not my point. We should be courteous above all as we both hate where it can lead to (senseless wastiage of lives). I went against my own standards hence the apology.

The slaying of a child was completely monstrous. Politics is should never have been like this.The left right paradigm is completely wrong if we kill children or deprive someone of their loved ones. Frankly the older I get the more despairing I get of the mindlessness of people. Protest? yes! Agitate? Yes! Start shooting people?? Hell NO! The shooting of the congresswoman will lead to partisan sniping but even if she retires from politics it would achieve nothing. Interesting Lenin’s Left-Wing Communism: An Infantile Disorder is a pamphlet that discussed this.

IMHO Russia had three years of Communism which was then replaced by State Capitalism but that is a different topic.

edit on 9-1-2011 by tiger5 because: I got my Marx mixed up with my Lenin - Altzeimers??

Excuse me, but I think you will find that I was very courteous, you on the other hand, were extremely rude and condescending and you were the one who decided that it was a confrontation, don't you dare bring me into your excuses ever again, it was YOU who was rude first hand, and YOU who decided to carry it on after I ignored you. Shove your apology and stay away from me.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Then on that we agree.

I'll remember to never respect anything you say.

Good grief, are you really that miserable?

edit on 9-1-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
"lean 'left wing, quite liberal" I would contend trhat this is an oxymoronic phrase only if you understand or know of the left and liberal movement. The liberal movement is a socially democratic movement that occupies the political centre in American politics. The left is not socially democratic, in fact under the Comitern people the participating communist groups identified themselves as "Social fascists" in the 1930 to differentiate themselves from the Liberal movement.

I think this definition was the first of a long list of bad judgements by the left which led to some idiots claiming the left was a Nazi movement much to the horror of the left and the nazis or was it disinformation by confusion?

Just trying to deny ignorance. Those who are anti liberal or left should at the very least familiarise themselves with the terminology to give credibility to their arguments.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

I'll remember to never respect anything you say.

Good grief, are you really that miserable?

Do you know something? I don't give a flying monkeys ass. I don't care whether you respect anything I say, I don't care whether you respect me as a person. You, mean as little to me as half an atom.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I don't believe that. And I certainly hope it isn't even remotely true.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

MOD NOTE: ATTENTION!!!

Please discuss the topic and not other members. This is supposed to be a polite discussion, not a free-for-all.

NO MORE belittling, off topic posts, casting aspersions on another's character, talking down to other members, harassing or ridiculing others.

Further such remarks can and will result in warnings and/or post removals....up to and including the thread's closure.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Courtesy Is Mandatory

Ad Hominem Attacks And You

Posting Jokes, Ridiculing, Making Fun of Others in Threads...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudtobeEnglish
Do you know something? I don't give a flying monkeys ass. I don't care whether you respect anything I say, I don't care whether you respect me as a person. You, mean as little to me as half an atom.

M'kay.

Why do you keep responding to me?

I feel sorry for you actually.... yes, yes, I know. You could care less.

But I do hope you are very different in RL.

Most people in the end, aren't really all that bad. And being polite to even the ones who don't really deserve it is a simple thing to do.

reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Check. Understood.

Disengaging....

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

Well of course anyone is to the far left of WND. Pehaps everyone. Oh but blame is much better to give than to receive.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree
reply to post by ararisq

I know I was a few hours late on that, I kinda threw that comment in tongue-in-cheek, as I watch all the media point the blame at the Tea Party, even though it doesn't seem to have been mentioned by the shooter at all.

If you look at his Youtube channel (before it's removed,) you'll see he listed Sarah Palin and the Tea Party as two of his heroes. And get a load of his list of favorite books. It lists both Mein Kampf and the Communist Manifesto, along with The Wizard of Oz and Alice in Wonderland.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

Other than your assertion, do you have a link that demonstrates this?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4nsicphd

Originally posted by Oaktree
reply to post by ararisq

I know I was a few hours late on that, I kinda threw that comment in tongue-in-cheek, as I watch all the media point the blame at the Tea Party, even though it doesn't seem to have been mentioned by the shooter at all.

If you look at his Youtube channel (before it's removed,) you'll see he listed Sarah Palin and the Tea Party as two of his heroes. And get a load of his list of favorite books. It lists both Mein Kampf and the Communist Manifesto, along with The Wizard of Oz and Alice in Wonderland.

The videos themselves as well demonstrated he had quite a Libertarian streak in him. Discussions of the Gold standards, references to the Fed Reserve, the national debt, and immigration (vids talking about lack of proper grammar and speaking English in those vids).

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Yeah this guy was just plain confused.

He totally refused to accept the idea of radio communication.
The crazy part : He had no technical reasoning to justify this denial.

It may not seem like a big thing, because we all take radio communication for granted.
But this guy couldn't handle it. It was magic.

I am also extremely curious what drugs were involved (especially pharmaceuticals). Maybe a past history in a mental institute?

Please keep in mind many anti-depressant drugs are known to cause psychotic episodes in some users, like suicide. This guy prolly expected his attack to be a suicide event...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

Much as I have massive political differences with Sarah Palin and the TP is frankly a wide movement; to hold these organisations as responsible for the action of one person is ridiculous. What was Sarah P supposed to do? Expel him before he started to shoot? What was the TP suposed to do? Expel someone that was not a member or even if he was a member How were they to know what he would do.

If I have a major freak out and start knifing people in London what can ATS do to stop me? Is ATS responsible for my insane actions if I choose to murder?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Just stop trying to classify this guy's political stance, that's my main point.

His politics lean towards Nutjob. Clearly. The guy's logic is a major failure.
He focuses on irrelevant aspects while ignoring the primary aspects of something.

He read Marx so I can call him a Marxist.
He read Hitler so I can call him a Facist.
He read Wizard of Oz so I can call him a fantasy lover.

No one is any one thing. This guy was a lot of things. Just like everyone is.

He just went crazy. We are totally over reacting to this, and the media is pushing it real hard as the top story.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The Democrats during Bush said "Let's take this country back!".

That means every theft that occurred since then is Democrat-promoted and masterminded.

That's a perfect example of failed logic to show you how foolish the blame-palin stuff is.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join