It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metformin (GlucoPhage) Cancer and the FDA.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I am just back from the Oncologist and there is some great news. Despite the last Chemo course being rough this time, the marker in my blood for this tumor has reduced by 2/3rds. This is really great news and very encouraging. I will keep you posted.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

Congratulations! That is absolutely wonderful to hear! Go out and buy yourself something you would never, ever think to spend so much money on...you deserve it =)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
ScienceDaily (Apr. 17, 2011) Key to Personalized Cancer Medicine Unlocked Using Tumor Metabolism

www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/04/110415113954.htm

New test identifies cancer patients to benefit from 10p-a-day diabetes drug

www.myscience.cc/wire/new_test_identifies_cancer_patients_to_benefit_from_10p_a_day_diabetes_drug-2011-manchester

Open access/free but big pdf, due to genetic graphs (~10 MBytes)

www.landesbioscience.com/journals/cc/article/15330

Cell Cycle
Volume 10, Issue 8 April 15, 2011
Pages 1271 - 1286

Ketones and lactate increase cancer cell “stemness,” driving recurrence, metastasis, and poor clinical outcome in breast cancer: Achieving personalized medicine via Metabolo-Genomics

Ubaldo E. Martinez-Outschoorn, Marco Prisco, Adam Ertel, Aristotelis Tsirigos, Zhao Lin, Stephanos Pavlides, Chengwang Wang, Neal Flomenberg, Erik S. Knudsen, Anthony Howell, Richard G. Pestell, Federica Sotgia and Michael P. Lisanti

(...)

We also suggest that high-risk cancer patients (identified by the lactate/ketone gene signatures) could be treated with new therapeutics that target oxidative mitochondrial metabolism, such as the anti-oxidant and “mitochondrial poison” metformin. Finally, we propose that this new approach to personalized cancer medicine be termed “Metabolo-Genomics,” which incorporates features of both 1) cell metabolism and 2) gene transcriptional profiling. Importantly, this powerful new approach directly links cancer cell metabolism with clinical outcome, and new therapeutic strategies for inhibiting the TCA cycle and mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation in cancer cells.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa No i do not make up stories as you suggest. Mine is not the first story of this nature where a radical change in diet caused a spotaneous cure of cancer. The web sites are full of such stories. Perhaps it did not fix the p53 gene mutation but it certainly did something to result in a cure. Our friend Bernie did not make up his story. He first went to Mexico in desperation but soon realized that wouldn't work then came back to see a Dr. Chan who analysed his blood cells and suggested the radical diet. It changed his blood dramatically and the cancer disappeared. take it anyway you choose to but those are the facts and I don't sell or promote anything but donate regularly to cancer research.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Get well soon. God Speed and good luck. I'll pray for you

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by cureseeker

It's ironic that you claim something is "just the facts" without any actual facts to support it.

Here's how I processed your story (and that's exactly what it is, a story):

1) You make claims about a miracle cure, while showing you have no understanding of how cancer works.

2) You post vague anecdotes about a "change in diet" without any concrete science.

3) When provided with science that opposes your story, you claim your anecdote is fact, despite having no evidence.

Don't you think if curing cancer were as easy as changing your diet, there would be thousands, if not millions, of people cured of cancer every year?

Don't you think this "Dr. Chan" in Mexico you mentioned would have his clinic full to the brim DAILY with patients wanting to be cured?

Don't you think others nations that don't use capitalist, profit-driven medical systems would be using these cheap miracle cures to bring down costs and increase survival?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Your tirade deserves no response. What planet have you been living on? There are dozens if not hundreds of books and research papers published on how diet and proper eating can reverse or prevent cancer. I am not promoting anything. Bernie is a living person retired now from a career as an accountant. I believe his story, there are many more stories like his Dr Chan was not in Mexico but Canada We are fortunate to have free medical up here. Not really free of coarse as it comes out of our taxes. At least no one here goes bankrupt because they have the misfortune to become ill and need expensive treatment. We also watch Dr. Oz who always talks about diet to avoid cancer Dr. Andrew Weil does likewise... Even Metformin comes from a plant and there are many plants which if eaten can mimic the action of Metformin. Good day.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by cureseeker
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Even Metformin comes from a plant and there are many plants which if eaten can mimic the action of Metformin. Good day.

To my knowledge, no it doesn't.
But if you know different please tell me which one's.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Sorry I mis-spoke. Metformin is a synthetic version of a compound drived from the French Lilac plant which was it's precursor used for blood sugar control. Other plants which help control blood sugar are cinnamon,ginseng,bitter melon,gymnema sylvestre, green tea ,blueberry, termeric, plus some others. These may not mimic metformin in every aspect but they do help control blood sugar as does metformin. The web site called Natural News is an excellent source of information about plant based medicines.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

Thanks, man.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

Thanks for the information. This is great stuff. Mitochondrial Poison. Wow.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Re: Metformin and chemo
Hope you are still doing well on your treatment regimen. My sister is also feeling good and actually gaining some weight for the first time. Her stomach reaction is pretty rough for a few days after each chemo session but then she recovers and holds well until the next one. Her blood sugar has also come up in spite of the metformin. Her consulting oncologist is from Mcgill University Hospital and is following her progress on metformin and chemo.Perhaps a clinical trial will come out of this experiment.Best of luck to you.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

And if cancer cells eat up sugar = candida, candida LOVES sugar and strives on it!

Please, also watch!! The answers are closer than you think!

Good luck!

You can also buy DCA online Google Shopping

and baking soda in your grocery store $1 , but please, make sure it doesn't have ALUMINUM. Bob's Mill and any brand that says: Sodium Bicarbonate U.S.P. are safe. Arm and Hammer, is not.

edit on 5/4/2011 by EternalThought because: (no reason given)

Although I do not know anyone personally ho cured their cancer with Baking Soda or DCA, I've heard of someone curing their Kidney Cancer after drinking gallons of carrot juice for several days.
edit on 5/4/2011 by EternalThought because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
My last appointment with the oncologist yesterday was very positive. The CT Scan showed that the tumors have reduced by half! This is just a great outcome and I am halfway through my Chemo treatments. We have decided on doing 6 and on Thursday I will have my fourth. I am feeling very tired but that is due to aenemia which will be treated by giving me a blood transfusion.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever
My last appointment with the oncologist yesterday was very positive. The CT Scan showed that the tumors have reduced by half! This is just a great outcome and I am halfway through my Chemo treatments. We have decided on doing 6 and on Thursday I will have my fourth. I am feeling very tired but that is due to aenemia which will be treated by giving me a blood transfusion.

So glad things are positive
Sending you big hugs! x

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The herbal remedy someone was speaking of earlier is called: Essiac

It was discovered by a Canadian nurse and though she cured countless people, she also got shut down.

Also try garlic, isn't in possible the age old legend is a metaphor - a substance that keeps 'death' away

and ginger, and celery, which basically neutralizes the sugar.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

That's great news mate.

So glad things are going great for you.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

It's too bad fasting isn't advocated more, I'm certain it'd help prevent cancer. Fasting might be a good idea once you find out you have a cancer diagnosis. If you go the conventional route, you wont be able to fast after you've gotten chemo more than likely. Fasting lowers blood sugar and strengthens the immune system....seems like a good combo.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski Achiever

My sister has also had excellent scans recently showing her lung tumors have begun to shrink for the first time. She is very pleased with the Metformin/chemo combination and tolerates it well. Hope you continue to do likewise. CURESEEKER

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Hope your feeling well. I would love to hear an update on how your doing!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join