It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metformin (GlucoPhage) Cancer and the FDA.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

Just wanted to give an update on my Grandpa.

He went to the DR. today to get his usual 6 months shot for prostrate cancer and he was told he did not need it. This was great news indeed and I attribute it to the metformin and Vit. D50 with K2.

Just wanted you to know I have not forgotten you and wish you a wonderful early springtime.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

My sister is about to start a new round of a different chemo as the first one did not work on her lung cancer and this time she is taking metformin with the chemo under the supervision of her oncologist. This is an unofficial trial for her but the same doctors are considering a real official trial later combining metformin and chemo. The theory is that metformin works synergistically with certain chemo agents, If you are starting chemo perhaps you should consider the same strategy since you have already been on metformin. Cureseeker

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by cureseeker

I have started Chemo but because I have been so ill, I went off the Metformin and have not yet been on it. This is encouraging though, so may just start using it again. Thanks for the heads up. It's greatly appreciated!!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
So I have had my first Chemo and I have to say what a remarkable recovery I have made. I definitely feel the Metformin is helping me. I have no pain, my pain killer dose has been severely reduced and I have been able to do everyday things without too much assistance. Tomorrow I have round two and I have great faith it will be successful too. Just to give you an update!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

What a disgusting thing to do, taking advantage of someone with a serious disease to push a ridiculous, unfounded snake oil.

Chemotherapy and early detection have caused significant increases in survival among all cancers.

From the Douglass report :

Q: Are there any alternatives to chemotherapy?

I’ve heard you say in the past that you’d never get chemotherapy. It can’t be all that bad, or else the doctors wouldn’t use it, right?

A: I’d never get chemo – and I wouldn’t allow anyone I love to get it, either.

To understand the utter hypocrisy of chemotherapy, consider the following:

The McGill Cancer Center in Canada, one of the largest and most prestigious cancer treatment centers in the world, did a study of oncologists to determine how they would respond to a diagnosis of cancer. On the confidential questionnaire, 58 out of 79 doctors said that all chemotherapy programs were unacceptable to them and their family members. The overriding reason for this decision was that the drugs are ineffective and have an unacceptable degree of toxicity. These are the same doctors who will tell you that their chemotherapy treatments will shrink your tumor and prolong your life!

Thirty years ago, I worked with a radiologist who told me this: “If I get cancer, I’m going to Mexico.” So I wouldn’t call my doctor; I’d call my travel agent.

There are alternative treatments available, but you will have to run the gamut of outraged chemotherapists, radiologists, and surgeons to find one. They will use cajolery, insults, fear, threats (“If you do this, I am off the case”), and misrepresentation to dissuade you.

Doctors affiliated with The American College for Advancement in Medicine may be able to provide a promising therapy called photoluminescence, which involves withdrawing a small portion (a glassful) of blood from the patient’s vein, exposing it to ultraviolet light and then injecting it back into the patient’s body.

Read Questioning Chemotherapy, by Ralph Moss, Equinox Press. (I’ve seen it on Amazon.com for less than 15 bucks). This book is a must for all concerned about this medical scandal-a chamber of horrors that doctors don’t want to talk about.

douglassreport.com...

There's quite a bit more about conventional cancer treatments in this search.

I'm not insensitive to your plight either. I simply don't like the thought of shills popping up and letting us know how miraculous chemo is, where others in similar situations might be taking their policies to heart.
edit on 30-3-2011 by Northwarden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

Your post has me intrigued NW, and I messaged VneZonyDostupa to re butte or support your statement and link, because I had not heard of this and want to get a clearer perspective on this. She is a health professional, so I value her opinion, even though we may not agree on everything. I would love to see a thread on the effectiveness of chemotherapy, and perhaps one of you could start one so that we can dig into this subject. Just thinking...

Peace,
spec

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It is too late to edit my previous post and I apologize for any digression, but I want to know more about this chemo thing, and I found an existing thread that I will post in to get the ball rolling again.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and my post: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lebowski achiever, thanks for your postings and I wish you the best man. May you stay strong!!

spec
edit on 31-3-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
one of our ats members made a thread a while back

cancer is dead dot com

it has ALOT of inportant information regarding foods to eat and to avoid

he ended up turnig the thread into a website for all to use

please take a look it took him a while to make and contains important info

be well
xploder

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

This is revolution, my friend, and I solute your will and spirit. Thank you for sharing this info with us, and may your journey be fruitful!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I have a friend who beat(currently) stage 2 ovarian cancer. I was there for her as much as I could be. And I CAn tell you to basically ignore the standard protocol.

I don't know you but I sincerely wish you the best so I will give you a regimen that will work with chemo an it ain't a magic pill although I do appreciate the gist of your research.

Eliminate sugar (if you need energy try d-ribose)
High dose vitamin d 5000+ iu a day
High dose trans-resveratrol 1gram or more daily
High dose vitamin b-complex
High dose vitamin c powder 5g a day

Limit caffiene and all artificial sweetners nonnatural products and eat consistently keeping your hood sugar stable.

Workout even if its painful even if its not alot. Thats my experience an I know it can work.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Thanks guys.. I am trying to hang in there and hopefully succeed. I had a bad night last night but on the whole I feel good enough today to do some shopping and cook for a bit. Hopefully my night will be better.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ISHAMAGI

I pretty much take all of those vitamins thanks. Except for the reservatrol. I will try and locate that.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Wishing you the best of luck with your treatments. My sister feels very good since starting her chemo and metformin combo. No bad reactions except a spring sinus cold. Now all we can do is wait and hope for the best outcome. You and her are both pioneers in this treatment protocol for cancer. She gets her chemo every third week and takes metformin daily, 850 mg twice per day. Try to stay mentally positive as your mental state effects your immune function tremendously. Hoping to hear good things from you. From Cureseeker

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Thank you for this. I would like to say that I want to discuss the workings of Metformin and why it wasn't approved by the FDA until 1994. As I said, I am pretty skeptical so I would like to limit myself to discuss just what is in this thread.

PLEASE check out the rick Simpson story "run from the cure". The guy has cured his own cancer as well as that of his friends. Please watch "the beautiful truth" as well! Both can be watched for free online (and they ain't selling nothing). I wish you the best of luck, really!

Also, whether or not you stick with the traditional (chemo/radiation) route or not, please be sure to eliminate processed foods and sugar as much as possible (this is assuming you don't watch both the aforementioned documentaries).
edit on 7-4-2011 by SmokeandShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
A few years back, I saw some things and heard some things occurred, and then I had to do a bit of research for myself.

Anyone who can correct me, please jump in.

Every cell is a battery. The difference between a living being and a dead being is electricity - more specific - transmembrane potential.

Most cells range in of a negative 50-90 electron volts . A fair number to use as an average is -70 electron volts.

When a cell over time has weakened and is dying, the electron voltage of the cell drops, and when hit gets just about -15 Electron volts, it knows to divide.

Oddly, most cancer cells only have -15 Electron volts.

When a cancer cell has its electron voltage increased back in between negative 50-90 electron volts, that cell I really believe - must either dedifferentiate to a normal cell, or self-destruct. Both greatly preferred items.

There's more I'd like to say to follow-on, but right now can't prove.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

That's an interesting observation you made. I am not sure how it pertains to my thread but I do understand what you are saying about dividing of cells.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

Northwarden, doesn't it strike you as odd that this Dr. Douglass never reveals any information without having you order one of his "news reports" or "information packets"?

And don't you find it a bit odd that he can't give a SOURCE for this supposed study at McGill, which is a fairly prominent university? You would think such a landmark study would at least be mentioned somewhere else, wouldn't it?

In fact, all searches I've made so far relating to McGill and any sort of survey made of their oncologists regarding chemotherapy turn up no sources, apart from ATS and the Douglass report.

Rather than making baseless claims, why can't you just provide some evidence? Blogs that are selling a product (which is EXACTLY what the "Douglass Report" site is...you can't even view his articles without paying for them) are NOT sources. I want science. Show me the science that chemotherapy doesn't work.

How silly that I'm routinely called a "shill" here when we have people peddling a pay-to-play website with supposed "secret information". Trying to drum up subscribers, are we?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

Cells don't divide based on voltage, Archer. A cell's "voltage" (it's more accurately measured in mV, so much smaller than volts, as you've used) is dependent on the function of pumps pushing sodium out of the cell and potassium into the cell. These pumps have no real bearing on cell division, apart from being some weak measure of stress on a cell (as in, if a pump is malfunctioning, there is more stress). The mechanism that controls cell division (and which causes cancers) is a series of proteins, most notably the cyclins and cyclin-dependent kinases. When these bind, it causes the cell cycle to move forward. When there are repressor proteins present (p53 and Rb being the most prominent), the cell cycle stops. A large number of cancers are caused by a defect in the p53 protein, which allows the cell to progress, uncontrolled, through the cell cycle, hence the uncontrolled growth see in tumors.

So, no, voltage has nothing to do with it. It is a genetic event.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa You sound like a person trained in the medical field. I have read that one can strengthen their P53 genes by eating certain foods such as celey hearts and parsley both having high levels of epiginen and luteolin. We have an aquaintance who was given up on by his doctors due to untreatable cancers which had spread. He tried a few unconventional treatments but finally ended up on an intense raw foods diet including lots of carrot juice which turned his skin yellow-orange.His cancers all disappeared and he is still healthy twenty years later. We may put his story online if he agrees. From CURESEEKER,

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by cureseeker

p53 inactivation occurs due to genetic mutation. No change in diet will fix that mutation, which is why these tumors have to be killed with medication or removed. Any cell that has an inactivated p53 allele is high risk for tumor development, and once that mutation occurs, it doesn't "unmutate".

I'm sorry to say, but your anecdote is just plain false. Your friend either didn't have cancer, was taking medication at the time of his diet change, or you've just made up the story completely.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join