It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metformin (GlucoPhage) Cancer and the FDA.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn
[more

Thanks Xynephadyn. I'm doing okay. Next week, if all goes well, I will be having my last Chemo treatment. It is dependant on my white blood cell count. It was quite low last time, just above the limit of what is acceptable, so it may be postponed. I am pain free but weak. I look forward to getting a bit stronger so I can do stuff again. Right now I am pretty limited on what I can do.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever More good news from my sister who is on Metformin and Pemexetred (chemo), for lung tumors spread to her spine. The latest scan shows the cancer in her spine has now begun to shrink and the tumors in her lungs have stabilized. Her oncologist is very pleased and may keep her on this protocol longer than originally planned. These results are quite amazing considering the normal prognosis for this disease. Hope you also continue to do well. Best wishes, from Cureseeker

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

i am not sorry for you

i am glad that you have found hope when you didn`t have
i also have kids and i also have a wife who is having metformin (metformina aqui en Argentina for those that don`t know)
As it also kills cancer cells, as your brain does with positive thoughts, it also has another positive SIDE

IT BRINGS LIFE
my daughter whom is now a year and a half is the result of the ingestion of Metformin, cause it rises the levels of ovules and the strenght of them

THE CONCLUSION IS VERY CLEAR

IF IT BRINGS LIFE, IT KILLS DEATH

YOU WILL BE OK MY FRIEND, THIS IS SAID WITH ALL MY HEART

YOU WILL LIVE

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by cureseeker

That is quite amazing news. I didn't have the last course of treatment as I wasn't up to it physically and the Oncologist was convinced that the objective had been attained. If the tumors start growing again, I will restart the chemo but for now I will focus on recovery. I have doubled my dose of Metformin from 500mg to 1000 mg and I am hoping I will be stable for a while to come. The Oncologist couldn't really say how long that would be. She said it could be anything between 2 months to 20 years. I am hoping the latter suffice it to say.

What dose does your sister take?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by N1thNa1ath

Thanks for the kind words. I am hoping that you are right.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achieverMy sister takes an 850 mg pill of Metformin twice per day. Her doctors say she should continue on it after her chemo is completed. Your suggestion of taking 1000mg per day is probably a good idea. A friend of our daughter's has just had major surgery for very advanced colon cancer. He is only in his late 30's. I gave him some Metformin to take which he will with chemo after one more operation.Metformin seems to be a good fit for colon cancer according to articles available on-line Cancer seems to be everywhere these days. Obviously related to our diet and lifestyle. Foods such as fries cooked at too high a temperature creates acrylamides which are a carcinogen. Just one scource among many in our current diet sad to say. Eat lots of celery and other greens daily to strengthen your blood and avoid fried foods. Best wishes, Cureseeker

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Well, I have had some great news. The CT scan has shown that, in my lungs, I am in complete remission. However, the tumor in my pelvic region is still there and is giving me pain. The oncologist is now contemplating with colleagues to see what can be done about it. Maybe an operation or some more radiation treatment. The reason why the tumor is still there and active is because of the radiation treatment I had initially which has made the cancer there less responsive to Chemotherapy. In August I will know more as to what course of action is going to be taken but the result in my lungs is has improved my outlook considerably. I can scarcely believe it myself.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Here some more information regarding Metformin in combination with Chemotherapy.

Metformin decreases the dose of chemotherapy for prolonging tumor remission in mouse xenografts involving multiple cancer cell types

Metformin, the first-line drug for treating diabetes, selectively kills the chemotherapy-resistant, sub-population of cancer stem cells in genetically distinct types of breast cancer cell lines. In mouse xenografts, injection of metformin and the chemotherapeutic drug doxorubicin near the tumor is more effective than either drug alone in blocking tumor growth and preventing relapse. Here, we show that metformin is equally effective when given orally together with paclitaxel, carboplatin, and doxorubicin indicating that metformin works together with a variety of standard chemotherapeutic agents. In addition, metformin has comparable effects on tumor regression and preventing relapse when metformin combined with a 4-fold reduced dose of doxorubicin that is not effective as a monotherapy. Lastly, the combination of metformin and doxorubicin prevents relapse in xenografts generated with prostate and lung cancer cell lines. These observations provide further evidence for the cancer stem cell hypothesis for cancer relapse, as well as an experimental rationale for using metformin as part of combinatorial therapy in a variety of clinical settings and for reducing the chemotherapy dose in cancer patients.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever WOW, your lung tumors in complete remission is amazing good news. It is obvious that Metformin made the difference. Perhaps increasing the dose will help with your other tumor site. Stay positive.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Lebowski achiever,

I been reading this thread ot of intrest and am intrigued by your result's, theirs nothing i can contribute to your topic but i just wanted to wish you the best in destroying the cancer, its taken away so many of my family... i wish they had the knowledge you have because whatever your doing seems to be working. keep your head up and stay positive because its more powerful then negativity, just like your will to rid yourself of the disease is more powerful then the disease itself! Best of luck to you and keep us posted on progress. if you havent tried it already think about trying meditation and deep breathing when your feeling sick it will take your mind off feeling sick and help your body restore itself.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Lebowski.....what great news. This thread is awesome. I intend to share the info about this cancer treatment. I am very happy for you.....

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Hi to you again. The research doctor monitoring my sister's progress on metformin and chemo wants to possibly do a small clinical trial with Metformin to see if her good results were just an isolated case or if they can be replicated in other patients. Do you mind telling me which chemo you used with Metformin and would you mind if I passed this on to the doctor and told him of your good results? I will probably donate funds from my business to this study since it means a great deal to our family. Best wishes, Cureseeker

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Absolutely! My Chemo combo is Carboplatin and Taxol (also known as Paclitaxel). Please do inform your Doctor. I hope it works out and that our combined efforts will help others..somehow. The thought of it cheers me up greatly.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Dude, my heart goes out to you man. Know yuor an ATS member, read lots of yuor stuff here
lost my father 2007, to stage 4 lung cancer, and my mom in 2001 same thing. 1989, his mother died of it too. unfortunalty i still smoke, its the nicotine thats hard to quite. my favorite lovable best buddy cat , oscar, passed in 2009, stomach cancer, and old age.
IN my extensive research on cancer, all becuase of anger at the toboacco industry, regarding my parents deaths, i can only tell you what ive learned.
their have been claims of Issiac tea* its said the docotr with a nurse in canada 1900's, had said to her, the roots he was growing outside, if everyone ate that root, thier would be no cancer* researching the tea, thier ARE no claims of the issiac tea curing anyone.
Apricot seeds, and aplpe seeds, contain cyanide* as far as ive resaerched online, cyanide has been proven under the microopscope, to kill tumor cells. the trick is, yuo gotta buy organic or natural seeds* grind em up, find out whats a good does, and give it a try.
vitamin d, 1,000 - $1,500 IU's daily, maybe a tad bit more, is already said to eliminate tumors.
yuo got nothing too loose by not trying dude... chemo nearly obliterates yuor immune system, watching my parents go through it, makes you loose yuor appetite, look pale, nautious, and at about stage 4, its too late. time is of the essence. tumors use your lymph nodes, kinda like a highway, to travel throughout yuor body. when thier in yuor lymph nodes, yuor screwed for sure* so ive learned.
but if i were you, ide DEF give the apricot seeds a whirl, even with apple seeds. i\
i truely wish you the best ATS freind...and it is cured as a beaten battle against it.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Wow, I did not know this about Metformin. I have been taking it for PCOS and weight loss. It cost me $4 here in VA for a 90 day supply. Cheap really.

I do belive that "they" have found a cure for or at least a more effective treatment for cancer. The fact is, Oncologists, and the drug companies make way too much MONEY off of cancer patients. If they suddenly said "Hey man, we found a cure, here it is!" There would be millions of dollars lost, and jobs to boot. This goes for other money making illnesses too.

I hope like hell the Metformin works for you, and I am going to spread the word to some folks I know who could use a new avenue to look into. Sending you some positive vibes!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Well, I guess I should have read the WHOLE thread before sending you my little tips, as many were already mentionned here and there, specially by yourself.

Glad to know your results are encouraging !

edit on 5/8/2011 by Pr0sp3r0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever I spoke to Dr.Pollak today. He is the cancer research doctor interested in Metformin and has been following my sister's good progress. He plans to do some lab studies to optimize dosages and then hopefully initiate a small clinical trial of Metformin/chemo provided he can get sufficient funding. To help justify the trial he needs more actual success stories. Would you be willing to communicate directly with him? If so he has given me permission to post his e-mail address. It is< [email protected]> Exciting times for cancer research!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Cancer cannot live in a PH above 8, you need to bring your alkali levels up and hold them. Secondly cancer cannot live in an oxygen rich environment so there are things you can ad to your diet that adds oxygen, like baking soda. you might try heavy colonic's of baking soda.

I had cancer in my hand attached to the bone and it was growing at a very fast rate, i applied DMSO to the tumor several times a day for several weeks and the tumor went away, 6 months later it started coming back so i started back applying the DMSO and it finally went away and has not returned and its been 5 years. if you apply DMSO directly to both your wrists several times a day for a month, it will go through your blood stream and exit out your lungs and might possibly reduce the size of those tumors and possibly rid you of the cancer.

The only other thing i can think of on a serious note is for you to get a blood transfusion with someone that doesn't have cancer with your blood type and to even drink their blood. i know it sounds twisted and disgusting, but there is a reason they haven't developed those cancers...YET and the keys in their blood might trigger your key's to revert back to suppression in those genes.

you have many options, just remember to focus on the area in your body with the cancer and let your mind help rid yourself of the disease, look within yourself and let your god given chemical factory deliver you a cure

GOD SPEED
edit on 10-8-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Wow, absolutely! I will drop him a line. Exciting times indeed.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Now I have not been here for a while mainly because I have been having treatment and I have been feeling pretty low, mentally. The tumor in my pelvis has grown a bit and has damaged the nerve leading to my leg which has partly paralyzed my foot. It is hard to walk at the moment but I get by. I have had some radio therapy to shrink the tumor in my pelvis and as the therapy lasts for 6 to eight weeks after the last blast, I have a bit to go before I can say for sure that it has worked or not. The pain is less so it is promising.

The positive thing is, is that I am looking forward to Christmas and I am pretty sure I will make it in fairly good nick. I didn't think that last year.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join