It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Gabrielle Giffords Shot: Congresswoman Reportedly Shot In Arizona [UPDATED]

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
just because you own a hammer it does not make you a carpenter..

tip of the hat to the little girl and others who had to endure this nonsence,

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I'm going to sound evil when I say this, but I never will understand why people get upset when kids die and adults die - and they say "I don't care about the adults, but why did the kid have to die???" as if one life is more important than another because of age? The older person may have had 9 kids at home that they were supporting, or been the one to do the great thing that helps so many.

I just have to go by the idea that if human life is sacred, then all of it is.

I may be the only one too that really hates it for this young man that did this and his family. I have seen psychotic people that once they cleared, they were so ashamed and embarrassed when they found out what they did. Can you imagine what it would be like to be a really good person, totally lose it, kill a bunch of people and then come to your senses and find out what you did?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

Agreed, I'd argue the left wing, it can be any wing, but, agreed on everything else and then some. Big case of home grown terror perped by a very sick person with way too much artillery. .

I am sad and praying for everyone. This is our country and one should be able to take their nine year old daughter to the grocery store on Saturday morning to do the family's weekly shopping so daughter can pick out what she wants in her lunches for the next week. That is what my son and I do and I am devastated. But, for the grace of God....

link   
ATS members are surly showing there class(or lack of) on this one.You have blamed everyone but your grandma.........is she next??

Denying Ignorance has sure takeing a back seat to frenzyed hype.The left throwing it on the right and right throwing it on the left and ATS members throwing it on everyone inbetween.

The one thing you all can count on is this will generate hard core gun control lobby's for sure and you will never get the truth on this guy for a long while if at all.Its just the way of thing's,relax!!

link   

Originally posted by Lurch

Yes, all the "anti-gun nut jobs" I know regularly carry guns and open fire on innocent people...

And if you think this Congresswoman was shot just at random and the shooter had no agenda then I think you are wrong. They just said on BBC News now that this Congresswoman beat a popular Tea Party candidate who was tipped to win the latest election. Anyone got any more news on this?

..and another source said he was upset because she voted against a bill that Nancy Pelosi supported. Go figure. Trying to make this political is stupid. Why target Gabby Giffords? She was small potatoes. Why not go after a bigger fish like Pelosi or Boehner?

link   
reply to post by Cygnus_Hunter

I just heard on MSNBC she is out of surgury and in ICU, expected to recover.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Amazing.. head shot and survives...One lucky person she is...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralAwesome

Originally posted by zeeon

Thanks for the details. Whats your take on the clip(s) he might have had?

Without knowing the exact number of shots fired, we can only speculate that he performed at least 1 reload, assuming the total number of hits to be 18.

Not necessarily, a 9mil has enough velocity to penetrate completely though a person into another. That may be how the child was killed.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Skinhead or drug cartel

Ether case both groups want the public disarmed because nether group can be disarmed.

They hate AZ gun laws because they allow the public to be armed without permits.

The skinheads hate this because most are convicted felons and can not legally own guns and are afraid of getting shot be there victims

The drug cartels just want to create problems in the US as they still can give guns from central america.

If the shooter has ties to ether group the feds will try to hide this or claim the person was acting alone just to push there anti gun agenda.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jankdc

Something about a month ago must have made him have a psychotic break, is there any information on him taking hallucinogens (including marijuana)? or perhaps something tragic happened in his family or circle of friends that caused it, high levels of stress can be a factor.

To me it seems he had an intuitive nature, looking at his favourite movies on youtube, and it would seem something has put him in a psychosis.

There's a small chance he was a Manchurian candidate of sorts also.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Maybe it was a two-fer.

I realize now, this thread is moving too fast for anyone to check links; so here is the gist of the LINK I posted earlier HERE.

Even though amnesty has been overwhelmingly rejected by the American people on multiple occasions, Gabrielle Giffords is still pushing for it, along with her fellow Democrat and liberal Republican colleagues.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by diakrite
reply to post by Blaine91555

That.

Let's, indeed, focus here: We have several families in mourning. A child was killed. A child that most certainly wasn't even interested in politics, but in Barbies, and Twilight.(I heard she was nine years old?)

Death, violent death especially, does not care about politics. it's horrible, smelly, undignified and is such across the full political spectrum. I have been close to death far too often to look at it through political glasses. Death is us at our most vulnerable, and misuse of it for egotistical and/or partizan sloganeering is disgusting.

Events like these should glue us as a"community of humans" and NOT be used to put forward political dogma's. There are plenty other threads where pushing politics can be practiced freely.

edit on 1/8/2011 by diakrite because: add.

So true!

I didn't join the navy so 9 year olds could be shot and killed. I didn't join up so that unarmed women could be killed. I didn't freaking join so that a nutcase could kill an elected representative to Congress.

I joined with the intention that America would never descend to the level of a "banana republic"

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by PeacefulGuerilla

Pssst, marijuana isn't a halucinegen.... Now even the antidrug crowd are salivating about agendas here? Wow. Who is next?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dogdish
reply to post by boondock-saint

Maybe it was a two-fer.

I realize now, this thread is moving too fast for anyone to check links; so here is the gist of the LINK I posted earlier HERE.

Even though amnesty has been overwhelmingly rejected by the American people on multiple occasions, Gabrielle Giffords is still pushing for it, along with her fellow Democrat and liberal Republican colleagues.

this seems to be the only common denominator
that I can find right now is the illegal immigrant issue
and both were government officials. That may be the
reason behind why Roll was at this event with Gabby
in the first place. They had that agenda in common.
Thanks for the contribution.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
Two possibilities come to mind.

One…….
Drug cartel made an example out of her.

Two………….
A hit job from the top.
Some of obama’s cronies are trying to boost to anti gun sentiment in the US. And especially among elected representatives. If she was a hard line gun supporter then what better target? They take out one of the opposition, while still being able to rub it in the opposition’s face. A win win situation.

One shot to the head with a precise hit and the shooter is already in custody?

Sounds like the JFK conspiracy all over again. Was this random...of course not. The question is who sent this messenger and who else was involved? The shooter is claiming to be brain-washed? I'd go with option 2 before I would say the Cartel had anything to do with this.
edit on 8-1-2011 by Mine Not Yours because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
UPDATE- 6 People died, 12 wounded, Chief Judge John Roll of the U.S. District Court for Arizona was one of the people killed, 9 year old girl dead, Giffords was shot in the head, bullet past through brain, in critical condition, Suspects name is Jared Loughner 22 years old. Posted youtube videos focusing on literacy and currency as well as distrust in the government, a quote from Jared Loughner's youtube video "The majority of citizens
in the united states of America have never read the united states of America's constitution. You don't have to accept the federalist laws," the video's titles say. "In conclusion, reading the second United States constitution, I can't trust the current government because of the ratifications: the government is implying mind control and brainwash on the people by controlling grammar. No! I won't pay debt with a currency that's not backed by gold and silver! No! I won't trust in god!"

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I'm not anti-drug, but I know from first hand experience that you can become psychotic as a result.

Most likely because of a predisposition, but they can trigger things.
edit on 8-1-2011 by PeacefulGuerilla because: added information

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by logicalthinking

Another Day, Another Assasination
Point Blank in the Head, doesn't sound like an Accident to me.

And being jewish you will never hear the end of it. And I mean Ever.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Heres a theory.

The whole idea of a manchurian candidate implies someone else had conditioned him for this purpose. So they very idea entails the concept of '3'; that is, a 3rd party influence.

Maybe the 3 names allude to that.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I'm going to sound evil when I say this, but I never will understand why people get upset when kids die and adults die - and they say "I don't care about the adults, but why did the kid have to die???" as if one life is more important than another because of age? The older person may have had 9 kids at home that they were supporting, or been the one to do the great thing that helps so many.

Because the kids are everything for our future?

That child might have grown up to achieve great things. She might have been the next Einstein, or the next Louis Pasteur.

We older folk have had our chance to change the world, and look how far we have fallen.

That nine year old could have represented mankinds best next chance.

We older folk are not as important as our children are.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join