It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Gabrielle Giffords Shot: Congresswoman Reportedly Shot In Arizona [UPDATED]

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
reply to post by jaynkeel

Being from the UK, I don't follow US politics. I just heard on the news though that she was a democrat and that she supported stem cell research and abortions so it's probably just some psycho right wing/fundie.

No offense, but people who jump to such conclusions based on scant if no evidence, are more often than not, wrong.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich

Originally posted by ckstarling

Yep. Very left wing, volunteered at the book fair, thought the Congressman was stupid... Just like I said - an Anti-Gun Nut Job.

Wait... I'm confused.

Books are left wing?!!! OH, NO!!!!!

You've OBVIOUSLY never been to a Book Fair'. - A 'Book Fair' is not a 'Book' - A 'Book Fair' is a very liberal event to introduce liberals to self published books written by other liberals because they do not sell in 'Book Stores'. If you also need help with differentiating a 'Book Store' from a 'Book' as well, please let me know.

edit on 8-1-2011 by EssenSieMich because: spelling

I can only laugh. Your hostility is amusing.

And way to make assumptions because, yes, I've been to a number of "book fairs." And let me tell you, they are NOT all so-called "liberal." Their primary purpose is to allow authors who are not contracted to big publishers exposure. Some of this is liberal, some is conservative, and some is neither.

link   
reply to post by melatonin

Heres a conjecture.

In occult thought, numbers = letters.

This principle is most stable in hebrew but it can also be applied to English. A =1, B=2 etc. Hes also apparently a 'grammarian' so maybe hes alluding to something with that cryptic message.

Or maybe hes just rambling on in numbers because it has intangible meaning to him.

link   

Originally posted by zeeon

Humans are rarely as simple as you make us out to be. Considering his reading level (and using that as an indicator of intelligence) I'm sure he had quite a long list of reasons why he chose to this course of action.
This guy wasn't some redneck who disagreed with a particular decision the Congress woman made, I'm feeling that this individual, while disturbed, put together a long, complex web of reasons why he felt this was the only course of action.

Agreed. He. Was. Tweaked.
His elevator didn't go to the top floor.
He wasn't playing with a full deck.
His crayon sharpener was broke.

It isn't a political motive as much as it was a fame motive by shooting a politician.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I just found a clear picture of Loughner that was lifted from his Facebook before it was pulled.

Jared Loughner as cited here.

What a normal looking kid. So unbelievably sad.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen an abortion clinic blown up or the head doctor killed by religious fundamentalists..

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
This is from one of Jared Loughners' videos. Is this the ramblings of an insane person, or is this a sign of some sort of code - or a clue of some kind? This just doesn't make sense to me right now.

Source video.

~Heff
edit on 1/8/11 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

In his video, he states that he is a military recruit at MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station)?
This is turning out to be very sad.
Have we had an update on the Congresswoman?

link   

I just found a clear picture of Loughner that was lifted from his Facebook before it was pulled.

Jared Loughner as cited here.

What a normal looking kid. So unbelievably sad.

~Heff

The fake facebook page? Its my understanding there was no real facebook page found...just some hoax pages...

link   
reply to post by Hefficide

It is sad,

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

The article says myspace page actually. Although the article looks bloggish so who knows.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

one of the news stations in AZ is talking about the guns and reporter at suspect's house is waiting for police who are coming to search the residence. Here

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

Wowowowowow... I am seriously hearing the "boing" of the leettle birdy leaving the tiny door in my Grandparents Cuckoo-clock.

Normally I am endlessly entertained by crazy people that rant on about numbers, inverted logic, wacked-out associations ,however, in this case it ended in tragedy.

Problem is, having 2 psychiatrists in my family, I KNOW how difficult, maybe even impossible, it is to weed out the dangerous people, when said dangerous people are well-read and very, VERY intelligent, genius-level intelligent.

I know of patients that ran circles around ALL therapists. Some of those patients were murderous madmen, some where just harmless crazy sods, that were no danger to anyone except maybe themselves.

So, on gun-control. It is impossible to weed-out the crazies, when those crazies are intelligent and manipulative enough to hide their crazieness. Only when there is a documented history of mental, or pathological deviations, can one hope to stop them from getting hold of a gun.

And even then, indeed, money talks, especially where the society in question, has plenty of guns in circulation.

edit on 1/8/2011 by diakrite because: forgot a "t"

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

My opinion only. . . . .
He shot a politician to garner fame, not for political reasons.
So her politics are secondary. She could have been the next Reagan, it doesn't matter. Politics are fame. So she, with here open metings became a target.

link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

The article I sourced simply states:

A Facebook page for Loughner was removed around 4:20 p.m. Saturday. The above photo was pulled from that page.

It is my understanding that, initially a FB could not be found because his name was being reported as "Laughner" and not "Loughner".

~Heff

link   
Yup...After watching the videos it definitly seems that this person was an idealistic intellectual who cracked.

Been there done that. Total break down is NOT fun.

Now I just try to stay calm and cool.

link   

Another quick thought....

With this guy being literally wiped out of cyberspace by the US Government, why is this Youtube channel, purportedly belonging to the shooter, and reported as such in the MSM still active?

Something here really, really stinks.

~Heff

I would imagine a lot of his "pages" and websites are not his at all.

Maybe it took a while to make these videos and make him appear this nuts.

It could well be some MKultra thing.... maybe he was supposed to get shot and the cop/civilian who arrested him wasn't in on all that?

Who knows man...

Something fishy about it...

Maybe we'll find out.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Just heard on CNN that a child had died in the hospital. Very sad...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I actually don't care about the Judge or the Congresswoman that much. It's the 9 year old Girl that was killed. The innocence is being destroyed in the crossfire now. This madness is affecting everyone and hurting everyone. Still tragic the adults lost their lives. I look at it this way, people are murdered all the time during robbery's and car jackings every night on the 10 o'clock news. Good people, people like you and me. Sure these people were servants of society but does that make them any more important or special than any of us?

It is odd the way people think, the way the Media addresses it

"CONGRESS WOMAN , JUDGE SHOT
oh yeah by the way a 9 year old was killed"

These people are no more important than the 9 year old. The 9 year old will never get to grow
up and experience life, become a Veterinarian a teacher or even a Politician.

Im just making a point, not down playing this situation and it poses a problem. The guy was crazy, but there are many many many more people of his ilk in our society. This may very well give them ideas as well. He may even be a martyr to them. Im also pretty sure he must have an account here on ATS as well

edit on 8-1-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Latest numbers are..

5 killed, 12 injured.

Gifford is out of surgery and the doctors seemed optimistic about her recovery..

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Yep. Very left wing, volunteered at the book fair, thought the Congressman was stupid... Just like I said - an Anti-Gun Nut Job.

Wait... I'm confused.

Books are left wing?!!! OH, NO!!!!!

You've OBVIOUSLY never been to a Book Fair'. - A 'Book Fair' is not a 'Book' - A 'Book Fair' is a very liberal event to introduce liberals to self published books written by other liberals because they do not sell in 'Book Stores'. If you also need help with differentiating a 'Book Store' from a 'Book' as well, please let me know.

edit on 8-1-2011 by EssenSieMich because: spelling

I can only laugh. Your hostility is amusing.

And way to make assumptions because, yes, I've been to a number of "book fairs." And let me tell you, they are NOT all so-called "liberal." Their primary purpose is to allow authors who are not contracted to big publishers exposure. Some of this is liberal, some is conservative, and some is neither.

Sure you have princess - yet somehow you don't know the difference between a 'Book' and a 'Book Fair'.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join