It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Gabrielle Giffords Shot: Congresswoman Reportedly Shot In Arizona [UPDATED]

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Great find with the info about the judge letting illegal aliens sue.

I'm sure lots of people are happy about the events of today with that lawsuit in mind.

Hopefully Gifford pulls through. The biggest tragedy was the loss of a childs life. Completely innocent, and for that one murder alone, the shooter should die.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

Originally posted by boondock-saint
Some more info on the Judge in this incident.
His name is John McCarthy Roll.

Judge Roll in 2009, faced death threats after presiding over a $32 million civil-rights lawsuit. The lawsuit was filed by illegal immigrants against an Arizona rancher. After Judge Roll ruled the case would be certified, threats came from talk-radio shows which fueled controversy and spurred audiences into making threats against the judge.

The threats materialized after one show, Judge Roll's name logged more than 200 phone calls as some callers threatened the judge and his family[3].

This resulted in the judge and his wife were under a protection detail for one month as Judge Roll was given twenty four hours a day, seven days a week security by the US Marshals Service. An US Attorney's investigation ruled that four men were identified as threat makers, but no charges were filed

judgepedia.org...

So Judge Roll allowed an illegal immigrant to sue
an AZ Rancher for $32M due to Civil Rights.
He made lots of enemies with that one. They
even put him in protective custody due to death
threats. The page does not show if Roll was still
associated with this case or if there was an outcome.
Maybe the case is still in the courts. That could
be motive as well.

Just trying to find info.

I can see what that would piss people off, now we have a better idea of what may have caused this.

Good Work
edit on 8-1-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

Indeed! But, how did the Gunman know that the Judge would be there? And if he were intentionally targetting the Judge, why kill all of the other people? From what I understand on CNN, he was carrying a Glock 9..which after a short google search there appear to all types of sizes of clips - so we don't know if he reloaded or not.

I do know that a typical Glock 9 clip is usually around 10 rounds, and he wounded / killed about 18 total according to CNN. Details stated he was tackled by one of the Congresswoman's staffers after he tried to flee the scene, so I'm assuming he brought 2 10 round clips with him. To me, it sounds like he wanted to do a much damage as possible (landing 18 out of a potential 20 shots) to send a message.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Congress seems to be alive and well. What is it you think was accomplished here other than shooting a woman?

First and foremost my prayers go out to the the slain and the survivors, I wish for the living a speedy and complete recovery. I condemn this murderous act and whatever motivated it.

To the shooter - If you in some universe of your own design consider this a patriotic act I say to you it was not and it was in fact a despicable act of cowardice which has done nothing to further the movement, if nothing else you have set it back millennia. Damn you!

If this was the shot to be heard around the world by the military industrial complex - here me now - You will never disarm the populace of this country no matter how despicable an act you try to perpetrate in the name of true patriots!

The above question as quoted is in my opinion the most intelligent I have read on this topic and I have an answer and a warning to all Americans who read this.

As told by the fine people in the countries of the UK and Australia,

www.youtube.com...

To TPTB - It will not go down like this, you will never have your disarmament here - Don't even try it...

edit on 8-1-2011 by WWJFKD because: fixing link

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Seriously? You guys are going to make a big deal about people having middle names. Most of the population has a middle name.

You use a middle name in the press and justice because that is your legal name, and your first and last name are shared by a number of other people. A middle name and a local might help eliminate you being mixed up with some crack pot.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
These are Jared Loughner youtube videos, not sure if they have been posted already.

It appears to me that he was psychotic, some of the videos, like the mind-controller one seem suspect to me.

Thoughts?

link   
A 9mil is a comparatively small round, a police 40cal typically holds 12 or so rounds, in the same frame in 9mil you can easily get 18 rounds or more.

link   
reply to post by zeeon

A typical Glock 17 Mag is not 10 rounds. It is 17. If it was a Glock 19, the stock mag would hold 15 rounds.

That being said, a 33rd Glock mag is made for the G18 that can be found on the civilian market. I own a few of them actually, great for range time, but impractical for carry.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
www.abc.net.au...

"The congresswoman is not deceased. She is in critical condition and I can tell you at the current time period I am very optimistic about recovery."

But Dr Rhee said Ms Giffords, 40, "was shot through and through" with a bullet to the head.

Asked whether he expected a full recovery, he said: "We cannot tell what kind of recovery, but I'm about as optimistic as you can get in this situation."

hope this helps.

link   

Originally posted by Lurch

It doesn't take a genius to work out why some people might be against guns and might air these anti-gun opinions on TV. There is no conspiracy here.

Absolutely right. Even pro-gun folks are shaking their heads at this tragedy.

There is no conspiracy here.

Neither would an anti-gun law have prevented a committed Jared Loughner from committing this crime. He would have found some way to carry out his mad dream.

The US does not pay enough attention to the issue of mental illness. This guy was screaming for help, yet his cries went unanswered. I cannot believe his cries were unnoticed.

link   
reply to post by blupblup

Another reason - within media anyway - for usage of the middle/full name is to whittle down the possibility of 'mistaken identity' for members of the public who may know someone with the same first and last name.

There are probably a few Jared Loughners out there...fewer Jared Lee Loughners.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
A nine year old girl was killed. There is NO thing and NO point of view that could justify that, I don't care what this freak's motives were.

I'm 49; I have lived my life. It would be better for me to have died than that little girl.

That child might have grown up and conquered cancer, or built the first warpdrive, or done a million things that I can't even guess at.

Now she is dead.

Someone want to ascribe noble aspects to the shooter now?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It is interesting that the YouTube page is still up and all others wiped? I would agree that the numbers are a message... but how to decode. He has the classic schizophrenic personality illustrated by the video. Mind control and The Federal Reserve were the subject matter that seemed to compel him.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by alien

Oh yeah for sure..... but then people always say stupid things like "why do these killers have 3 names"

Almost everyone has 3 names...

*sigh*

link   
How long will it be before we hear the anti gun knuckleheads whining about how unsafe high cap mags are after this? I predict by Monday morning a politician or 3 will be out in the press demanding these evil mags be banned.

link   

Originally posted by GeneralAwesome
reply to post by zeeon

A typical Glock 17 Mag is not 10 rounds. It is 17. If it was a Glock 19, the stock mag would hold 15 rounds.

That being said, a 33rd Glock mag is made for the G18 that can be found on the civilian market. I own a few of them actually, great for range time, but impractical for carry.

Thanks for the details. Whats your take on the clip(s) he might have had?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I would suggest to look up the years and BCE and go from there.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
reply to post by pavil

I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen an abortion clinic blown up or the head doctor killed by religious fundamentalists..

Let me Google it for you....

In the US and Canada, there have been 7 people murdered by anti-abortionists since 1977. There have been 41 bombings since 1977

Wiki

Mostly empty clinics were blown up....

link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

That.

Let's, indeed, focus here: We have several families in mourning. A child was killed. A child that most certainly wasn't even interested in politics, but in Barbies, and Twilight.(I heard she was nine years old?)

Death, violent death especially, does not care about politics. it's horrible, smelly, undignified and is such across the full political spectrum. I have been close to death far too often to look at it through political glasses. Death is us at our most vulnerable, and misuse of it for egotistical and/or partizan sloganeering is disgusting.

Events like these should glue us as a"community of humans" and NOT be used to put forward political dogma's. There are plenty other threads where pushing politics can be practiced freely.

edit on 1/8/2011 by diakrite because: add.

link   
In his youtube video "Introduction", he refers to himself as Jared Lee Loughner.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon

Thanks for the details. Whats your take on the clip(s) he might have had?

Without knowing the exact number of shots fired, we can only speculate that he performed at least 1 reload, assuming the total number of hits to be 18.

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join