It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA funnels drugs into poor US neighborhoods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The CIA’s policy of looking the other way wasn’t just for the benefit of big business or crushing revolutionary movements abroad.Domestically, drugs and drug lords were used to quell black activist movements that challenged the status quo.

rt.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Unfortunatly this is not new. Durring the cold the CIA imported 60% of the heroin sold on US streets to fund the Taliban to fight the Russians durring their occupation of Afghanistan. Yes, the Taliban. Look into it.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Have you ever read about the Mercury News reporter named Gary Webb. You should read the articles he wrote in the 90's about the CIA and their drug running. He was killed for it.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 7-1-2011 by Vizzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
In other Obvious headlines, a bear #s in the woods and the sky is blue.

This has been well known for a long time. Not just speculated. Like, proven, exposed, and mostly covered up. It was called Iran Contra affair.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Moonguy

I have heard this before and am not sure if it is true or not. But if so,it back fired.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

This has been well known for a long time. Not just speculated. Like, proven, exposed, and mostly covered up. It was called Iran Contra affair.

yes sir, still happening, a few years ago, a plane used by the CIA crashed with over 3 tons of cocain. Thats like $70 mil worth if you sold by the kilo at normal price(and thats without cutting it first, and they always end up cutting pure stuff like that)

edit on 7-1-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM

Originally posted by SpectreDC

yes sir, still happening, a few years ago, a plane used by the CIA crashed with over 3 tons of cocain. Thats like $70 mil worth if you sold by the kilo at normal price(and thats without cutting it first, and they always end up cutting pure stuff like that)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

Yes. I know. How could they think this would stop the problem? And not see it just added fuel to the problem. As well as to the collateral effect? Just a question. That's all The blindness of those that see!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
Unfortunatly this is not new. Durring the cold the CIA imported 60% of the heroin sold on US streets to fund the Taliban to fight the Russians durring their occupation of Afghanistan. Yes, the Taliban. Look into it.

hmmmm, fact check.
I could have sworn they funded the Mujaheddin.
The Muja is not the Taliban even though they
have some common agendas.
Or maybe I'm wrong.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Ohhh! Now that you say it, you could be right on that. But the point is that the CIA sold heroin to fund terrorism, basicly.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vizzle
Have you ever read about the Mercury News reporter named Gary Webb. You should read the articles he wrote in the 90's about the CIA and their drug running. He was killed for it.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 7-1-2011 by Vizzle because: (no reason given)

thanks for that link. i love the part where they say he shot himself in the head 2 times....like that makes sense. im pretty damn sure if you shoot youself anywhere in the head once you wont be able to even hold a gun.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bismos

No problem! I read the series of articles a few years back. This is one of the few examples of what journalism should be. I hope you take the time to read the series of articles, they are quite intriguing.

new topics

top topics

join