It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine vet's 20-foot flagpole has homeowners association filing suit over a display of patriotism t

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Amperage

But that is with any HOA anymore. You hit that one on the nail!

link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Question? Have you even bothered to look up the US code? At all? Why not read the US code, not just the Flag act, ( which you are clearly basing your argument off of ), and come back later when you simma down child~

And yes I do, do you?
edit on 7-1-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

Child? Says the guy who obviously hasnt gotten to a high school reading level yet.

Why dont you quit trying to twist a law that doesnt apply here to back your argument?

link   
This is the only country where it's illegal to be a patriot. Kind of ironic if you think about it...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

And yes I do, do you?
\

You obviously dont.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Cant answer the simplest of questions? Did you or didn't you read the US code? A simple yes or no will suffice.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Cant answer the simplest of questions? Did you or didn't you read the US code? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Sure have. Now explain to my why you are backing off your "flag act" argument and diverting to US code? Argument getting a little thin, huh?

And please, go ahead and quote which part that you think backs you up.

I think I am done with this. When an op cant even comprehend the laws he is trying to use in his defense, and instead chooses insults, deflection and ad hom, its time to chalk it up to a lost cause and move on

edit on 7-1-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I tried to suggest to you on many occasions, the direct correlation between the US code and the flag act? They are referenced together. What part of that don't you get?

Not to mention the lawyer who took the case comments, whom is a lawyer, and would know far more than you and I:

Thweatt, who took the case pro bono, said he believes the suit violates the Freedom to Display the American Flag Act of 2005, which says, in part, that a homeowners association "may not adopt or enforce any policy … that would restrict or prevent a member of the association from displaying the flag."

Hmmm...?? Wheres your argument again? oh thats right...just hot air~ Sucha shame~

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I tried to suggest to you on many occasions, the direct correlation between the US code and the flag act? They are referenced together. What part of that don't you get?

Your arguments are getting less and less information based, and more and more personal and emotional based.

Course, that is a typical response when one is getting destroyed in their own thread.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
"
SEC. 4. LIMITATIONS. Nothing in this Act shall be considered to permit any display or use that is inconsistent with--
(1) any provision of chapter 1 of title 4, United States Code, or any rule or custom pertaining to the proper display or use of the flag of the United States (as established pursuant to such chapter or any otherwise applicable provision of law); or (
2) any reasonable restriction pertaining to the time, place, or manner of displaying the flag of the United States necessary to protect a substantial interest of the condominium association, cooperative association, or residential real estate management association."

Actually a flagpole shorter than 20 feet would be awkward. 20 feet takes it just over the tops of the average house.

What is "reasonable" and deemed to be "necessary to protect a substantial interest of....."
are Subjective.
And what is the "interest of the condominium association...."?
Nothing there about the interest of the Home Owners per se.

From what I have seen in my years of association in a real estate related business is that most of these condo & subdivision HOA are run by Nazi wannabe control freaks. They go around looking for things to exercize their power over. I have met several of them.

link   

Destroyed?

Keep trying kiddo....think you need to re-read the above~

link   
God given rights to fly a flag? Where is that written?

And please specify which "god" that we are speaking about here. I would also need to see this particular god's signature to validate this right that this god has granted us.

Did anyone co-signed this document? Oh, yea, I bet it was the giant orge from Jack and the Beanstalk. Yes?

Folks, the HOA has rules. You either follow them or you do not move in. And, as far as I know, none of the TONS of "gods" out there have written a bill of rights yet for us on this so it looks like HOA = 1, and "god" (pick one, your choice
) = 0.

edit on 7-1-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Amperage

It is not hidden. There is a whole separate addendum part of the contract for sale and purchase that spells out the HOA rules. The purchaser must be given a full copy of the HOA within a certain amount of days or the contract can be voided by the purchaser.

I assure you the HOA isn't some tiny little footnote to the contract.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Destroyed?

Keep trying kiddo....think you need to re-read the above~

I'mn still waiting for you to say ANYTHING that actually backs up your claims here. You've been proven wrong, flat out. Either admit it or rebut it.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

You have backed off from your position and are now attempting to defend your viewpoint with some other piece of legislation. You have also resorted to personal insults and attacks upon our intelligence to further attempt to validate your erroneous viewpoint.

Yes sir you have been "destroyed" and now your pathetic and comical attempts at saving some sort of your face value are greatly entertaining to me!

link   
reply to post by Dilligaf28

Your right, the HOA bylaws are usually several pages. But it would seem Captainknumnuts cant discern from Condominium association, from residential. Oh well, some causes are always lost.

link   

Not to mention the lawyer who took the case comments, whom is a lawyer, and would know far more than you and I:

Thweatt, who took the case pro bono, said he believes the suit violates the Freedom to Display the American Flag Act of 2005, which says, in part, that a homeowners association "may not adopt or enforce any policy … that would restrict or prevent a member of the association from displaying the flag."

Hmmm...?? Wheres your argument again? oh thats right...just hot air~ Sucha shame~

So, Ive got the wording of the law on my side, and you come back with the opinion of ONE SINGLE LAWYER, and that is supposed to mean anything?

Wow....just wow.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The flag act, is you actually google it, will in fact reference you to the US code. My argument still stands that they are in indirect correlation with each other.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Your right, the HOA bylaws are usually several pages. But it would seem Captainknumnuts cant discern from Condominium association, from residential. Oh well, some causes are always lost.

You are making yourself look worse and worse. Again, straight from the law

"Any Residential Real Estate Management Association"

Guess in your infinite wisdom you missed that.

Funny, you have now abandoned logic altogether, and are only attacking posters. Again, pretty common when one is made to look like a fool in their own thread.

And really, do you think your immature little names are going to get to me?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

What law in its entirety do you claim? You keep referring the " state law", but haven't put down one in specific. Care to? Or do you plan on arguing with nothing but smoke?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

The flag act, is you actually google it, will in fact reference you to the US code. My argument still stands that they are in indirect correlation with each other.

And maybe some time someone will have the time to break it down for you in the middle-school terms you require.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join