It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine vet's 20-foot flagpole has homeowners association filing suit over a display of patriotism t

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

If they are using the money to operate the business I do believe that falls under non profit. You still have yet to show any evidence of the HOA money going into a private pocket.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dilligaf28

Attached is the PDF file used for the HOA groups when they file taxes.

source: www.ahrc.se...

If you examine closely, you will see that it is very specific to the yearly revenues. Now if they truly were not a profitable organization, they wouldn't have to identify the capitol gains. Yes they would have to claim taxes on payroll, but these are entirely two different sources of gain/expenditure. Most cases, HOA " assume " the title non-profit, as to allow the group to keep from paying estate taxes.

Its all really tricky, being corporate, allows them to be rather deceitful.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by Dilligaf28

Attached is the PDF file used for the HOA groups when they file taxes.

source: www.ahrc.se...

If you examine closely, you will see that it is very specific to the yearly revenues. Now if they truly were not a profitable organization, they wouldn't have to identify the capitol gains. Yes they would have to claim taxes on payroll, but these are entirely two different sources of gain/expenditure. Most cases, HOA " assume " the title non-profit, as to allow the group to keep from paying estate taxes.

Its all really tricky, being corporate, allows them to be rather deceitful.

So goodwill is not a non-profit organization because they make capital gains?

This is another example of you not understanding the laws, and instead stating what yo wish them to be, not what they are.

You can attack this from any angle you wish, whether it be the Flag Act, or HOA's, or anything else. fact is, you are still wrong.
edit on 7-1-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

reply to post by captaintyinknots

If I'm wrong prove it? Don't just come onto a thread and preach your opinion. Where's your facts? Im interested in seeing this. Once again, you claim law? We weren't even talking about law? Troll much? After reviewing your posting history, my last comment holds merit.
edit on 7-1-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

ive posted my facts four times, and you have posted them as well, you just dont understand them.

YOU claim law. I quoted from your act. I may have used the word law in error, but your deflections dont take away from the fact that you posted the exact thing that proves you wrong.

Again, you can talk about how you want things to be all you want-it is how they are that matters.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
So a troll now is someone who proves an OP wrong, flat out??? Guess ill take pride in that label, then.

The right of this man to build a 20 foot flag pole, and fly a flag, is granted by GOD. It is declared and cannot be infringed upon by our bill of rights. Patriotism is a form of expression and speech closely guarded in that bill. Any laws passed that nullify or abridge those rights have to be approved by a majority of the states in this country, and there is a long process to avoid issues such as these. No contract shall take those rights away and will be declared unconstitutional in a court of law.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Keep thinkn that, what ever floats you boat.~

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
So a troll now is someone who proves an OP wrong, flat out??? Guess ill take pride in that label, then.

The right of this man to build a 20 foot flag pole, and fly a flag, is granted by GOD. It is declared and cannot be infringed upon by our bill of rights. Patriotism is a form of expression and speech closely guarded in that bill. Any laws passed that nullify or abridge those rights have to be approved by a majority of the states in this country, and there is a long process to avoid issues such as these. No contract shall take those rights away and will be declared unconstitutional in a court of law.

No, it is not. You need to read your bill of rights, and your constitution.

Again, you all want to paint this as though it is about him flying the flag, when that has nothing to do with it. He can fly his flag. The 20 foot pole he attached it to is a violation of the HOA.

Doesnt get much more simple than that.

And again, "patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel".

Do both of you willfully disregard section 4 of the act? Or is it true ignorance?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Keep thinkn that, what ever floats you boat.~

So prove me wrong, come back with something other than a personal snipe-something that actually backs up what you are claiming. So far, you have not.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

If I'm wrong prove it?

The Flag Act allows for "reasonable restrictions pertaining to place or manner of displaying the flag".

Flag Act

Nothing in this Act shall be considered to permit any display or use that is inconsistent with--

(2) any reasonable restriction pertaining to the time,
place, or manner of displaying the flag of the United States
necessary to protect a substantial interest of the condominium
association, cooperative association, or residential real estate
management association.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

You've provided a blank form which proves nothing. Can you provide instances of for profit HOAs that are clandestine about their for profit status?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I have attempted to do so. I tried to deny ignorance. You clearly embrace it....move along~

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

If I'm wrong prove it?

The Flag Act allows for "reasonable restrictions pertaining to place or manner of displaying the flag".

Flag Act

Nothing in this Act shall be considered to permit any display or use that is inconsistent with--

(2) any reasonable restriction pertaining to the time,
place, or manner of displaying the flag of the United States
necessary to protect a substantial interest of the condominium
association, cooperative association, or residential real estate
management association.

Ive pointed this out at least 4 times. He wants to ignore it.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

A condominium association, cooperative association, or residential real estate management association may not adopt or enforce any policy, or enter into any agreement, that would restrict or prevent a member of the association from displaying the flag of the United States on residential property within the association with respect to which such member has a separate ownership interest or a right to exclusive possession or use.

And you clearly choose to ignore this~
edit on 7-1-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I have attempted to do so. I tried to deny ignorance. You clearly embrace it....move along~

So pointing out the exact words that prove you wrong is embracing ignorance? I always thought it was the person spewing nonsense who was ignorant...who knew?

Still waiting for you to come back with ANYTHING to refute what I have proven.

And no, dont think Ill move along, think Ill stay and continue to prove you a fool.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join