It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head to the hills.......... what?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

I also remember what our founding fathers did to the Native Americans who welcomed them and taught them how to survive. It came back to bite them in the butt!

Like I said, if they make it this far they did so by exploiting the weaker out there. If they come looking for help and to help, I'll help. If they come looking to plunder I'll defend. Simple.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

I was there about a 4 years ago at Sheppard AFB.

It was home for a quick stint. I retired from there. SMSGT...

Thank you for the kind words. I'm in PA now.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand
Let us all remember how we got here in the first place (assuming we are talking about america here). Lets remember and be thankful for the many Native Americans who not so long ago welcomed us when we landed here. They taught us how to plant crops, how to cultivate in harsh conditions, how to survive the deadly winters. Without them we all might not be here now. Also, let us not forget how quickly we turned on them because of greed, selfishness and ignorance. We should all welcome others with open arms and open hearts, but we should not forget that when we start to put ourselves before others that it can quickly turn bloody. Yes you have a right to protect your land, family, crops and way of life, but when the S hits the fan all you will have is a piece of paper that says you own the land. Open the doors and let anybody willing to work into your commune. After all, what is the point of all your hard work when you and your family have passed on and nobody is left to continue? The more people you let in, the longer your commune will survive and flourish into a community. That is the point of all of this, to ensure the continuation of humanity, not just the continuation of "yourself".

-service to others over service to self-

Im Blackfeet.. one generation off of the rez... all been discussed elsewhere. The smart tribes retained their land and their identity because they knew the nature of the whites.. not the BS your history books tell you. Want a real example of what that true nature is? Read a few of the cool commando posts here. They consume constantly and cant survive if they arent killing, taking, or being handed something. It seems civilization still hasnt bred that out of some.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

well hopefully when the SHTF those types will kill each other off leaving only the right kind people around to continue.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Pretty sad behavior out of some here.

The fact is that some of you commandos wont live to make it to the hills. Its not a movie or one of your dystopian fantasies where you survive over everyone else because youre so cool and prepared. You do NOT know what will be involved with a SHTF scenario or a natural/engineered disaster. Most of you will be dead or dying from internet withdrawl when you cant youtube or instructable some gadget to build like mac guyver and beat the odds. The odds are you will NEVER make it to "the hills" and its a good thing. Youd consume too much, overhunt IF you can manage to hunt at all, and slowly starve and cause others to starve. The useless eaters of the world are not the poor... they are the oblivious, uncivilized, and truly unskilled. Your BOB will last you a week at most... you will die. Hopefully before you have the chance to kill others and steal what is not yours.. that others had the sense to prepare beforehand unlike you.

Did anyone really closely pay attention to Katrina and the behavior of the people? Bad wasnt it? Consider if those thousands and thousands were hit without warning and did not evacuate previously. Youd have seen your SHTF scenario in spades. You will devolve into animals, though some seem like they already are or are gleefully looking forward to having an excuse to behave like weak mindless consumers who will consume at any cost include the murder of their fellow human beings to consume and steal. If someone is not giving you something or you are not taking something... you can not survive. Pretty sad isnt it? You appear to think its tough or cool or whatever to admit it.. you simply seem weak to me. Im thankful my husband isnt as pathetic as this.

Unfortunately I live in the city now. I am forced to hold in place if at all possible with any disaster or other scenario. I have taken and will take reasonable precautions, but I am under no illusions about it all. I will have to deal with you useless consumers.. for which I will defend myself and family because you will not make it out of the city, and if you do.. you will return to pillage and act lower than an animal.

A little reality would suit some of you well.

A sobering read. In fact it was sobering enough to realize how bad it can be. Let's just hope that people will not allow the government to bring us to that point. A lot needs to happen for that scenario to take place in full effect.
We still have many solutions ...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
If you are not already situated in a safe place,you won't be able to get there anyway.

And do you really think anyone cares who owns the property when the system fails?.

The only real issue is how ruthless and selfish almost everyone has become.

It won't work when you need help,and we all need help sometimes.

Selfish little sheeple.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

Sir, you should really read the rest of my posts before you swear at me and call me names!!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

I shall, sorry was just indignant about the tone of your OP.

Sorry if there is more that abbrogates it which I shall read now.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Don't think that those of us already in the rural locations will welcome you with open arms. Its nearly as dangerous for bug outers in the wilds as it will be in the cities, except in the wilds you'll be faced with folk who know how to live there, know the area well, and will in most cases use deadly force to protect it.

Verry humane! Shoot anyone/thing that comes near you, even if it/they needs help or maybe lost. No wonder this world is in so much #, If this is how the people act then you cant blame the leaders for wanting to keep an eye on us.
edit on 7-1-2011 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedonk

So, you openly admit to chewing out someone over posts that you didn’t even read?

God all mighty!!!!!!!!!!!!
(bangs head)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
there are some that would shoot first ask questions later, been up fishing /hunting and seen them signs trespassers will be shot! and yes they will, been shot at a few times, just a warning shot to let me know they saw me and to watch were i stepped, cross the line you done for stay on the path then be on your way. later after my days trip to my spot i decided to knock on this persons door, now being the the adventurous type that i am, nothing too lose, all to gain, i did. It was a long walk 3 mile dirt road fence line all the way, and what you know the gate to the house was locked, and two big red sings posted the same message and one for the local LEO, if i did not call stay out!! well i could tell he /she was out the field so i waited, made a camp fire and cooked my fish, well as i sat there eating my fish, i all of a sudden fleet cold steel and the back of my neck , "watch ya all doing up here!! do not move or i'll blow you head off!!! i'll ask you answer and if i don't like what i hear, the sheriff will be hall'in ya back in a bag got it.ok so what you doing here? well after my short but polite introduction and explanation as to how and why i was there, we became friends, so any time i wanted too i could cut through her yes it was a lady, 70 year old widow, had fields, hens and cattle she took care of sun up till sun down, did not want help of any kind, but i would cut wood for her when i went up fishing or on hunting trips. Now my question is, how many would walk up the road and how many would have been brought out in a bag. The moral of the story is do not mess with mountain folk they are true to their word and their ways.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I think it's odd that people are saying they would violently take something that is not theirs. Reminds me of the actions of the government.

As some, including the OP, has said if someone is willing to help out or trade they would be welcome. It is those that think they can take what they want and move on that would be met with opposition.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Yep!
No one here but me,
my dogs,
and my semi autonomous anti personnel array.

Tee hee.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I live in the country on a farm ive been preping for this for 5 years..Im on 140 acres i wont mind shareing my land but they will need to bring there own supplies such as wood..food and water or stuff to barter with.. im like LittleIndianJr they will have to have something I need if they want something I have..My family will always come frist if my food runs low i can go shoot a deer but lets say you have 10 people that are starveing liveing on your land there going to be doing the same thing soon there wont be deer you will be down to eating rats..So if you come to my farm you best have valuable skills or assets..call it greed if you like i call it staying alive..also i can tell you this anyone that lives around me will not welcome outsiders thats just a fact...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
reply to post by Nephi1337

Fair game? see that's my point. What makes you think its ok to come and harvest crops that I tilled the ground, planted the seed, nurtured the plants, pulled the weeds, picked off the bugs and watered to produce? You, sir, accuse me of being selfish when its you who think of you first. My crops will feed many but if those who think my crops are fair game and take the whole field - what's left to plant the following year? What's left of the crops to keep you over winter? There is room for hard workers but there is not room for plunderers

I am sorry for calling you a nutter and a fruitcake. The OP did not make a distinction on who would receive the bullet treatment which the subsequent posts have. I totally understand now where you are coming from - perhaps drop an edit in to your OP to clarify you are talking about looters and ne'erdogoods

In principle though you are espousing what is essentially correct you have the right to defend what you have created and will consider applications for assistance based upon the attitude and needs of the visitor - which IMHO is correct.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny

Originally posted by spacedonk

So, you openly admit to chewing out someone over posts that you didn’t even read?

God all mighty!!!!!!!!!!!!
(bangs head)

I chewed her out for the OP! not her subsequent posts. The OP remember said people coming to the mountain would be met with deadly force - there was no distinction on treating different visitors differently hence my initial reaction. Having read the rest of the thread I have replied accordingly above.
edit on 7-1-2011 by spacedonk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

Watch and listen to people.. some are fantasizing about it constantly and actually looking forward to the collapse of civilization so they can indulge their true selves. Its disgusting. They are not only weak.... they are what they claim to hate so much. Its pretty transparent... but for whatever reason they think they are clever enough to hide it behind being "prepared". Get them on a thread like this and they sure take the mask off and show what they are. Survival at the sacrifice of humanity and civilization is NOT survival at all. They have twisted it into something perverse to fit these fantasies they have. Theyre the warmongers and the ones who only serve to destroy any surviving chance we will ever have at a functioning viable society after a disaster or collapse. Take a good look at them and what they say so you can see them later.

I had a wolf hybrid when I was a kid.. the dog was a true killer. If something was dangerous it would feign being benign and shy away.. when whatever it wanted was in striking range it would strike it and kill it to take what it wanted. These people are like that. They may come with a mask on.. being nice, needing help, acting benign.. and they are bad inside. Its safe for them to spout on here because of anonymity and get their thrills with the rhetoric.. but if something bad ever happens.. I can truly understand some feeling as if they should start shooting first when these people approach. They only bring bad things with them.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
TAke to the high seas more room out there and where dose anybody come off thinkin they'd be any safer than anywhere else
with nature involved also
one never knows
take it one day at a time
and try and be nice to each other Peace!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
In such a scenario ownership will not mean squat. It will be mad max, with groups of roving bad guys who will want your property for their own. Those who resist will need numbers and strength. The result will be a return to small acerage farming, as the acreage gets split with the numbers defending it. And from there America will return to it's former glory as the good guys always win in the end.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join