It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head to the hills.......... what?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

Ok, fair enough, but the problem there is you will be the one driving or traveling through someone else's propery or territory and I am shure that they feel the same way as you. There will be gangs on the roads looting and doing what gangs do.
I am more of a barterer. Would you trade for goods that you do not have?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

Fair game? see that's my point. What makes you think its ok to come and harvest crops that I tilled the ground, planted the seed, nurtured the plants, pulled the weeds, picked off the bugs and watered to produce? You, sir, accuse me of being selfish when its you who think of you first. My crops will feed many but if those who think my crops are fair game and take the whole field - what's left to plant the following year? What's left of the crops to keep you over winter? There is room for hard workers but there is not room for plunderers

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by foxhoundone

The hills will be the place to be in the case of a "police state" but i will be heading into the smaller cities around me for supplies before i hunker down for good but once I'm dug in strangers will have to have something I need if they want something I have.

I don't mean to sound mean but the more trips I have to take to resupply the more dangerous it gets as the people who are still in the city start running out of food and other supplies therefore becoming more desperate

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Well in a worst case scenario SMS, If i did decide to sneak onto your land and pilfer your stocks (knowing full well your bound to be armed and have dogs) I would pilfer right in the middle of your field and not take from the edge, A big giveaway..

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I would barter and trade. I would also feed those in need. I just won't do it until there is nothing left for sustainability.
Bring your own seed and come share my fields. Don't have your own seed? Work the fields and earn your share.
Don't want to work? Don't bother touching my fields. Bring a skill or your own supplies. Build a sustainable community. Come looking to plunder and take what is not yours without some kind of compensation and country folk will protest, and as I said in most cases with violence.

link   

link   
reply to post by questcequecest

What?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I'm simply amazed at the number of people who would kill to protect their bug out bag who think that people like me who already live on the land should just roll over and let you take my family's and neighbors' food and supplies!!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

I see myself as a little bit of a valuable asset. Fabrication will be a handy little skill to know when no one knows how to fix things and solve problems. When new parts are not available, the old ones will have to be fixed or possibly make new ones.
I personally will board up the windows in the house. Put somebody on fire watch and hunker down in the house for as long as my supplies last.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

More likely if you came to my door and asked for some veggies, and were willing to lend a little elbow grease you'd have a meal cooked for you and a bag packed with some good home grown tomatoes, potatoes, beans and such.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

oh please sir , i get the feeling you want to debate this issue because you fail to read any of my other constructive criticizing points, however any should have known that my words were of sarcasm ,just as your seem to be as well , my point that i am trying to make , is simple , why so selfish? a better title could have been , somthing like how do i help my self and help people during SHIFT ? ,believe me when i tell you my good man , i have also put in allot of money for SHIFT ,but i also gave a little somthing back , and that would be extra food and extra water for people that are ineed of it , i also sighn up on a local forum with my name and addy for anyone who can make it to my house during SHIFT , but i get it ! i get your argument here , and its simple its YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU ! point proven , just do me a favor , be safe ! and if you ever need help ill be here , any time

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare

I would barter and trade. I would also feed those in need. I just won't do it until there is nothing left for sustainability.
Bring your own seed and come share my fields. Don't have your own seed? Work the fields and earn your share.
Don't want to work? Don't bother touching my fields. Bring a skill or your own supplies. Build a sustainable community. Come looking to plunder and take what is not yours without some kind of compensation and country folk will protest, and as I said in most cases with violence.

this here is beautiful , i couldn't have said it better my self , so the point of your thread was to stir the pot ! i get it i have done it many times my self , but the above is thinking like a true survivalist , but if you take your first post to a survivalist forum ,i can promise you this ,they would tell you to kick rocks in a heartbeat

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

I am a bit of a all rounder myself LJ The long term plan wold be to have a river barge and trade on the rivers and tie her up at the local port to resupplie the local market, But you gave me a good idea, I,ll think about a scrapyard for spares for the likes of sewing machines and water generators and even spare batteries,

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

I see what your saying after all blood is thicker than water, I personally plan to have my own land very soon. My wife and i are already working out how to get off the grid. and if the crap really did hit the fan i know of dozens of places that are crown land, national park or forestry that we could dig in. but no matter how well prepared i believe that bartering of goods or skills would be an essential way of life. Protect your family first then only let in as many hard working people as the land can support.

tlasalt

s&f bye the way

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Sounds like a lot of folks are setting their mooching excuses early.

I'd be isolationistic and protectionist as hell. At least early on. As it is people get elbowed in the face for a gallon of milk during a snow flurry. No way I'm risking my safety by welcoming every wandering vagrant with open arms. They see what you have and they run their mouths and before you know it it's all gone and your daughter is missing.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

The whole point is .............
How many times have you seen "I live in the city, I'll bug out to the hills!"? In most cases those hills are already occupied with people who've been there for generations. Some people already have prepared bug out locations but many who post to this forum have made no plans, they just plan to "go". Go where is my question. Why not prepare a BOL ahead of time rather than assume its their right to go anywhere they want and park themselves?

My title is appropriate. People need to put as much time and effort into their BOL now as they do into their BOV's and their BOB's.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

You can make wind generators out of treadmill motors and pvc pipe. I wonder what an electrical producer would be worth after shtf.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Thanks for the meal SMS, Whats for dessert roll: Seriously I would be to busy to get involved in any land disputes All my time would be spent organizing my group (There a spoilt lot) I have a chief and a carpenter and a nurse (Sorry no estate agents or solicitors need apply) and have access to quite a few sites to keep well stocked and supplied,,

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Not to worry most of those with a "take what they want" attitude will be culled before they get to your pace by those who prepared for such an event. If you are more then an hour from a large city you'll be fine they will have killed most of each other off in the city and not have enough fuel to be out searching the country side. A few might meander out that way but as was said they'll be seen coming.

If you ask you will be helped and sent on your way unless you have a needed skill then you might be asked to stay and help in trade. If you try to take what is not yours you will be taken out with extreme prejudice.

Let's it never gets to that point.

edit on 7-1-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join