It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head to the hills.......... what?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

Sorry. The Saying is this:
Piss Poor Planning Equals Piss Poor Performance

Bentwaters. 1999

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NeverApologize

Right on... have fun with your fancy supplies when my training will leave you with no mercy! This type of thinking is absolutely IDIOTIC!!!!

People with this frame of thought need to be put in a cage with a rest of the scum on this planet so that folk's such as ourselves focused around real change can create a more peaceful world!!!!! What do you want to perpetuate the fascism and close-minded thinking that has gotten us here in the first place???

Some people

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Never heard that one before.... If we want to get technical the correct phrase is

Proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance

so its actually 7 p's

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Spec Ops. 2001-2006

Care to compare files? I also have my discharge papers. Classified and De-Classified. Where have you been and you think that I am against you in a SHTF situation?

I would PWN you Sir. I am on your side though... Head to the Hills, But i already live here city boy..

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

I think the few who could actually make it this far on foot would be the "shoot first ask for help later" type.
Edit to add: I'm not so naive as to think if you DID make it this far you did so with much benevolence and helping hands to your fellow man. If you made it this far you did so by exploiting the weak and taking what little they had.
edit on 7/1/2011 by SeenMyShare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

I agree! This is the attitude of most.
My attitude is asses, case, and shoot. (Any Spec Ops here?)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeverApologize

I would PWN you Sir.

As we are truly on the same side, and thats really my point i will not further comment after this

But in response to this comment....

You have no idea! Obviously I don't as well since I have never met you and you COULD actually be telling the truth, but I am quite confident in my abilities, training and skills that 99.9999% of the people on this planet are absolutely no match to my lethality.

Humility is a virtue.... and I will leave my credentials at that
edit on 7-1-2011 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The vast majority of the country have no serious plans; they possess an "idea" which they spent about 30 minutes putting together while drinking with their buddies. Suppose a quarter of them can actually carry out the their "plan." The rest will be improvising.

They will RUN to the grocery and buy up all the milk and lunch meat, without even thinking about whether the electricity will still be in there in the wall outlet tomorrow. Then they will RUN to the sporting good store, RUN to the bank for the safety deposit boxes, then RUN to the home improvement store to buy a generator on credit, and be shocked when the store is closed.....and as they RUN out of gas they'll start a shootout at the gas station.

Next, all the highways out of town will clog, as cars run out of gas and break down. Then, the shoulders will fill up with impatient nabobs trying to pass on the right, and fender-bendering each other in the process. Then, everybody with a four-wheel-drive vehicle will cut across the grass to make their own "off-ramp." After 5 pickups and a jeep, the rest will get stuck in the mud. Then they will get out to hike, before pulling guns on each other and car-jacking each other's SUVs.

Then the same thing will happen on every state highway, farm-to-market road, and service path nation-wide.

As darkness falls, it will look like an army of zombies wandering in off the interstate, pushing in to the neighborhoods along the roadway. A mindless horde of idiots, setting fires to try and keep themselves warm, only to be rounded up by law enforcement and lock up in local high school gymnasia.

Anyone carrying a rifle or visibly packing a holster will by "shot first" by nervous locals. The younger the neighborhood lookout, the more nervous she will be. Just like in Somalia, most of the executions will be carried out by 12 year olds.

So, yes, by all means, load up your most expensive treasure and arms, and get ready to make lots of new friends, out there on the open road.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Sounds great! Now all you have to ask yourself is , are you prepared to shoot men, women and children in need of medical aid, food and shelter?

edit on 7-1-2011 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

You lost me at the Karma BS. I am a Christian. I would NEVER shoot a child. Women? You bet you arse I would!

My training has taught me how to take on a situation like this. Training @ MACDILL AIR FORCE BASE, Fla. has taught me to survive.

Be an example to your men, in your duty and in private life. Never spare yourself, and let the troops see that you don'tin your endurance of fatigue and privation. always be tactful and well-mannered and teach your subordinates to do the same. Avoid excessive sharpness or harshness of voice, which usually indicates the man who has shortcomings of his own to hide.

- Field Marshall Erwin Rommel

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
In a SHTF scenario, I would head to my friends farm a couple of hills over. I would abandon my place as it is on a main highway. My friend has hundreds of different types of assault rifles and handguns along with thousands of rounds of ammunition. He even has a 50mm on a bi-pad that will pierce a tank.
With that said, country people are like a big extended family that take care of their own. I know for a fact that if city people came out here and tried to take over any land, then it would be their last act, and we would even have more weapons after we pried them from their cold dead fingers.
To the poster from the city that said he probably had more weapons than the guy from the country.....I guarantee you that you don't have more weapons than those in my area, or even more than my friend has.
When SHTF, we have enough room on his farm for his relatives and a few friends. We don't have room for anyone else. So don't come here. How would you sneak up on us anyway? We could see you coming a half of a mile in all directions before you got to us. Good luck with taking our land......
edit on 7-1-2011 by kennylee because: spelling

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I ALWAYS, tell the truth.

Look me up. G.F**o*
Stationed at the following:
- Bentwaters, UK
- Woodbridge, UK
- Spangalim, GER
- Offutt AFB, NB
- Witchita Falls, TX

Again, I will survive, LOL. I think I will be OK. City Slicker who appears to be a Halo Fan and War movie Fan. Go back to your fantasy land and TRULY Prepare. I will GLADLY assist you in the events to come! GLADLY...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

Starred X3 times if I could! You are right! Country Folks will survive, I said a Country Boy can survive!

Love the armor piercing rounds!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare

I think the few who could actually make it this far on foot would be the "shoot first ask for help later" type.
Edit to add: I'm not so naive as to think if you DID make it this far you did so with much benevolence and helping hands to your fellow man. If you made it this far you did so by exploiting the weak and taking what little they had.
edit on 7/1/2011 by SeenMyShare because: (no reason given)

If the majority of men, women and children are not murdered by your fellow hillbillies in the 'lower hills' then they you might see some trespassers. But I guarantee you, they will mostly be, skinny, malnutrition families in need of human compassion. But if you want to focus on gun battles with 'city zombies' go right ahead..

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Let us all remember how we got here in the first place (assuming we are talking about america here). Lets remember and be thankful for the many Native Americans who not so long ago welcomed us when we landed here. They taught us how to plant crops, how to cultivate in harsh conditions, how to survive the deadly winters. Without them we all might not be here now. Also, let us not forget how quickly we turned on them because of greed, selfishness and ignorance. We should all welcome others with open arms and open hearts, but we should not forget that when we start to put ourselves before others that it can quickly turn bloody. Yes you have a right to protect your land, family, crops and way of life, but when the S hits the fan all you will have is a piece of paper that says you own the land. Open the doors and let anybody willing to work into your commune. After all, what is the point of all your hard work when you and your family have passed on and nobody is left to continue? The more people you let in, the longer your commune will survive and flourish into a community. That is the point of all of this, to ensure the continuation of humanity, not just the continuation of "yourself".

-service to others over service to self-

link   
Pretty sad behavior out of some here.

The fact is that some of you commandos wont live to make it to the hills. Its not a movie or one of your dystopian fantasies where you survive over everyone else because youre so cool and prepared. You do NOT know what will be involved with a SHTF scenario or a natural/engineered disaster. Most of you will be dead or dying from internet withdrawl when you cant youtube or instructable some gadget to build like mac guyver and beat the odds. The odds are you will NEVER make it to "the hills" and its a good thing. Youd consume too much, overhunt IF you can manage to hunt at all, and slowly starve and cause others to starve. The useless eaters of the world are not the poor... they are the oblivious, uncivilized, and truly unskilled. Your BOB will last you a week at most... you will die. Hopefully before you have the chance to kill others and steal what is not yours.. that others had the sense to prepare beforehand unlike you.

Did anyone really closely pay attention to Katrina and the behavior of the people? Bad wasnt it? Consider if those thousands and thousands were hit without warning and did not evacuate previously. Youd have seen your SHTF scenario in spades. You will devolve into animals, though some seem like they already are or are gleefully looking forward to having an excuse to behave like weak mindless consumers who will consume at any cost include the murder of their fellow human beings to consume and steal. If someone is not giving you something or you are not taking something... you can not survive. Pretty sad isnt it? You appear to think its tough or cool or whatever to admit it.. you simply seem weak to me. Im thankful my husband isnt as pathetic as this.

Unfortunately I live in the city now. I am forced to hold in place if at all possible with any disaster or other scenario. I have taken and will take reasonable precautions, but I am under no illusions about it all. I will have to deal with you useless consumers.. for which I will defend myself and family because you will not make it out of the city, and if you do.. you will return to pillage and act lower than an animal.

A little reality would suit some of you well.

link   

Have you read the U.S. Constitution?
Second Line.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

One of the golden rules is never become overconfident. (ie) Full of yourself.
And never brag.

Those two attributes are a sure sign of walking cannon fodder.

All that mumbo jumbo about guns and training doesn’t stop a 22 rifle bullet shot by a 15 year old kid at 800 feet.

No mater how much training or guns you have, it still take one bullet to put an end to your life. When you are full of yourself, then you are way more likely to put yourself into a deadly situation. With that attitude, you won’t last long.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeverApologize

I ALWAYS, tell the truth.

Look me up. G.F**o*
Stationed at the following:
- Bentwaters, UK
- Woodbridge, UK
- Spangalim, GER
- Offutt AFB, NB
- Witchita Falls, TX

Again, I will survive, LOL. I think I will be OK. City Slicker who appears to be a Halo Fan and War movie Fan. Go back to your fantasy land and TRULY Prepare. I will GLADLY assist you in the events to come! GLADLY...

I live in Wichita Falls! In fact, I'm a mile away from SAFB as I type this. If you are currently here, well then WELCOME HOME!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Oh the joys of planning Genocide...I'm sure the Elite is betting on your marksmanship. Nothing like a bunch of hillbilly 'Americans' finishing off the surviving refugee population!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join