It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Republicans Introduce Bill to Repeal Birthright Citizenship Amendment

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
reply to post by nake13

Thus I can assume that you are pro-life and anti-abortion(aka infanticide); correct? The child is still innocent before being murdered by it's parent.

The abortion debate is not the topic here so stop trying to deflect and divert and stay on topic please.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
Ms. Durham was born and died as an American citizen and never surrendered her US Citizenship and btw, there is no such thing as a minimum time requirement for residency in the US to retain citizenship. She married Mr. Obama the year Obama was born.

You are right but that's not the point where Obama's birth is concerned. Under the laws at the time, in order to confirm US citizenship on a child born OUTSIDE of the country the mother had to have lived as a US citizen on US soil for 5 years past the age of 16. Obama's mother was 18 when he was born so could not have lived in the US for 5 years past the age of 16. What that means is IF he was born in Hawaii he is a US citizen but IF he was born in Kenya he is not since his father was also not a US citizen. I don't think it really matters anymore but I still think the odds are maybe 50/50 he was born in Kenya. He'll stay President even if they come up with 16mm footage of him being born in Africa with sworn affidavits from all who were present.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Look up the definition of an infant.

Embryo =/= Infant

Therefore abortion cannot be infanticide.

EDIT: As said above, this is offtopic. If you want to discuss abortions, make another thread.
edit on 7/1/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

For the same reason "liberals" take freedoms away. Power. Whoever heard of another man having dominion over a nation of free people?

You know, I've learned that the fight we have before us is a fight between corrupt and not corrupt. Conservatives in power have been pissing me off since I was 17 years old, nothing has changed. But lets not pretend the people who pervert the meaning of the word liberal know a damned thing about liberty either.

I think the fight ahead for the nation is going to be between constitutionalism and those who want unfettered capability and authority for government. Let us hope we don't get the latter.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2

Ms. Durham was born and died as an American citizen and never surrendered her US Citizenship and btw, there is no such thing as a minimum time requirement for residency in the US to retain citizenship. She married Mr. Obama the year Obama was born.

You are right but that's not the point where Obama's birth is concerned. Under the laws at the time, in order to confirm US citizenship on a child born OUTSIDE of the country the mother had to have lived as a US citizen on US soil for 5 years past the age of 16. Obama's mother was 18 when he was born so could not have lived in the US for 5 years past the age of 16. What that means is IF he was born in Hawaii he is a US citizen but IF he was born in Kenya he is not since his father was also not a US citizen. I don't think it really matters anymore but I still think the odds are maybe 50/50 he was born in Kenya. He'll stay President even if they come up with 16mm footage of him being born in Africa with sworn affidavits from all who were present.

He was born in Hawaii like I've just got finished mentioning. His mom is A LEGAL UNITED STATES CITIZEN AND NEVER RELINQUISHED HER OR OBAMA'S CITIZENSHIP. This is the only thing that matters. She moved out of the US in 1967 at the age of 25 more then meeting and exceeding the 5 yr requirement. You could have a kid tommorrow and leave the country to go fight a war and return in 5 years and guess what, your kid would still be an American citizen. Save that Birther crud for someone else. Not on ATS! I swear, if the law was posted everywhere people would still believe the lie he's a foriegner!

Direct from the US State Dept's website pertaining to the policy of the Renunication/Relinquishment of Citizenship : travel.state.gov...

There is a whole mess of things you've gotta do before your request is approved. Once done it is typically not undone.
edit on 7-1-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

edit on 1/7/2011 by Mirthful Me because: Mod Note

People seem to be concerned that this will affect people that have already been born here. This will in no way affect anyone born in the past.

"The proposal under way right now under consideration is on a go forward basis. We're not going to be stripping away citizenship to everyone who was born here."

"What a slap in the face is to the constitution is what used to be a provision that we put together after the civil war to protect x slaves so that the States could not deny them rights. That has become manipulated now to gain unfair citizenship if you come here illegally and have a child."

edit on 7-1-2011 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

He was born in Hawaii like I've just got finished mentioning.
So, why won't he release real proof of it? Why does he take every possible legal measure to block, derail, and obfuscate the truth? Wouldn't be much easier to "shut them up" by just producing the proof?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

He was born in Hawaii like I've just got finished mentioning.
So, why won't he release real proof of it? Why does he take every possible legal measure to block, derail, and obfuscate the truth? Wouldn't be much easier to "shut them up" by just producing the proof?

Proof has been issued by Hawaii State Bureau of Health & Vital Statistics, US FBI, US State Department, US Dept of homeland Security as you cannot do jack squat in considering a Presidential run without a total, complete background cheque. To those that deny that he is a legitimate US citizen is a racist. Why else would this lie exist if it not for racism? The problem the Birthers have with the doc is the fact the race is listed as "African" and not Negro as it was done in the Continental 48 states.
edit on 7-1-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This is so not a birther thread.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
This is so not a birther thread.

Thanks.

That's what I'm trying to say so like lemmings I was able to shoot down the false claim that his mom never met citizenship requirements so the fall back plan of the ultra GOP is to play the "Birther card". Typical distraction, delay, diversion tactics all to avoid learning truth.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

If you are referring to repealing the 14th amendment,ain't gonna happen...

Unless of course,they were trying to get the corporations to release their stranglehold on nearly every aspect in the U.S.....

May be a good thing in that respect,but probably not,considering the amount of manipulation and abuse our government has proven itself capable of.

I would stand clear of a constitutional convention presently,because there would be very little left of the original document left to protect the little people here afterward.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
Interesting.

Birthright jus soli is the current standard by which born Americans attain citizenship. If you are born here, you are a citizen, no questions asked. That was the norm since the ratification of the 14th amendment.

Yes and it would have stood rather unchallenged untill Robin Hood started tosing the peoples money into the streets.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
Interesting.

Birthright jus soli is the current standard by which born Americans attain citizenship. If you are born here, you are a citizen, no questions asked. That was the norm since the ratification of the 14th amendment.

Now, will expectant mothers be required to prove their legal citizenship in order for their children to become legal citizens? What will be the ramifications if the baby cannot acquire citizenship? Will it be deported, along with the mother?

And what about those of us who attained our citizenship by being born here? Are we 'grandfathered in', so to speak?

There are some very shady implications here.

This, I want to know how that effects current citizens and children they may have in the future as well as the past, if these idiots arent careful, we will all be "illegal immigrants."

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

This, I want to know how that effects current citizens and children they may have in the future as well as the past, if these idiots arent careful, we will all be "illegal immigrants."

No current citizen will be affected in any way, and the same applies to children of citizens. The law is not retroactive.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

No current citizen will be affected in any way, and the same applies to children of citizens. The law is not retroactive.

Allow the Tea Baggers to write and pen the law and watch every person who is not in lock step with them be denied their citizenship,

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Why do you hate the tea party people so much?

I'm a Tea Party guy....Help me understand!

Tell me how you really feel. Is it that we're all just so racist? We just hate those Hispanics, and those Blacks, well they have to be kept in the ghetto 'cause white tea bagger people will never vote for a black man!

Yep! Tell me all about it!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Anyone from January 7, 2011 (as an example) who was previously considered a citizen is a citizen. Anyone born after said date, must have at least one American citizen as a birth parent.

Doesn't actually solve that "Anchor Terror Baby" problem does it? That still means that every child born in this country prior to today's date is a citizen by virtue of the 14th Amendment.

Kinda makes this entire argument pointless.
edit on 1/7/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

Umm yes it does?

There will be no more anchor babies after proposed date. Problem solved.

herp-a-derp.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nake13

The innocent child will be affected however it was the illegal parent whch put the child in the prediciment.
The child can return after he or she turns 18.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I for one support this endeavor. Why would you give citizenship to someone born into the United States when their birthing mother is NOT a legal US citizen. The mother did not follow the correct procedures to become a US citizen.That puts more stress on US taxpayers for healthcare for the child and not to mention any kind of diseases that could be brought in illegally.

If someone illegally broke into your house, slept there, and than had a child in your house you would NOT accept them as a "family member" or "welcomed guest"....atleast not in my house, the initial act of illegally breaking into my house is enough of an act to show low moral standards and disregard for rules. I hope that government finally takes a strong stance on this and changes this rule so that "anchor babies" do not get US citizenship or their parents. It would slow down illegal immigration to the US and save the hard work, American-public, millions of dollars by not providing healthcare for babies of illegal immigrants.

Another rant...."Sanctuary Cities".....who invented that idea (ie. Denver,Colorado). A city where ILLEGAL non-US citizens can stay and not be pursued or arrested by police even IF the police officer knows the suspect is illegal. Get rid of these all together, they do nothing but provide a harbor for illegal immigrants where they can be safe. The illegal immigrants than take US jobs in the area, can carry disease, defy arrest due to their non-citizenship, and are not covered by many programs such as car insurance that requires proof of citizenship and US residency. This creates more pressure on US taxpayers to compensate for someone who should not be in the country at ALL! Rules are rules, either pass through customs and immigration and become a legal US citizen (which I have no problem with) or face the consequences...STOP PROVIDING PROTECTION AND SANCTIONS TO ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS!

Its about time the US finally stopped being so PC and considerate of everyone and starts enacting tough legislation and physical actions that will topple todays problems. We either come together as a nation now and push responsible policies or we will fail as individuals.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Allow the Tea Baggers to write and pen the law and watch every person who is not in lock step with them be denied their citizenship,

cant forget terrorists! never forget that.. apparently, if we dont agree with a law, obviously, we must be terrorists.

ok so just for conversations sake, if this passes, what do you do with all of the immigrant families here now? Roundem up and shippem out? Wait that Sounds SS'ish to me. Do they grant them citizenship by default maybe?

edit on 7-1-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join