It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Republicans Introduce Bill to Repeal Birthright Citizenship Amendment

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by Nephalim

If the laws were enforced, this would not be a problem.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

It would still be a problem, millions of foreigners (vistors and illegals) have children here so they can go to US schools, get US jobs, and other benefits. It's called "Birth Tourism".

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by aptness
reply to post by NAeagle89

First, the child has no choice where he’s born, nor does he have any influence over the illegal status of his parents. So why should the child be punished by not having US citizenship,

How is being born a Mexican or Polish or Packistani citizen "punishment"? A million of them are born every day, are we punishing all the children born in the world by not giving them US citizenship? Just like the USA, every organized country gives automatic citizenship to children born of their nationals outside of their country.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by aptness

Sorry, and thank you, aptness. ATS makes me cross-eyed sometimes and my contacts get stuck

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TimBrummer

Originally posted by Night Star
How do you think that makes someone feel who has come here with respect and done everything the right and legal way? Illegals and their children also take jobs away from citizens and not just the jobs that Americans won't do. They are not tested for diseases, have no background checks etc.

You are exactly right, I adoped an orphan girl from China, had to pay thousands of dollars, fill out stacks of forms, pass an FBI background check, and medical tests for all of us. Then at her preschool my daughter contracted tuberculosis from a Mexican illegal alien kid. Let me tell you man that makes me totally hot, I loath any politician who supports illegal immigration, I think they are traitors.

Exactly!!!!! People who have not been affected directly in some way or another do not seem to understand the issue and its impact. I have seen too much myself and cannot close my eyes and wish it away.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
IF you are a naturalized citizen, you have nothing to worry about.

With the illegals coming in and REPOPULATING, THAT IS A PROBLEM.

Look at Europe with the muzzies doing the same thing.

(Bottom up, Top down, Inside out...) Van Jones.

You have an foreign group coming in, building en masse a force able to topple the existant status quo. They change the culture, laws, and convert the "host" to fit the "parasite".

yeah. Its a good thing to repeal this.

When we start having halal KFC's, you know we're in deep shiznit.

This cat freaked out cuz someone asked for "bacon".

"yes, I'll have a chicken sandwich with bacon, eggs, spam, spam, bacon, spam, spam...."

"SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM, SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAMMITY SPAM SPAMABLE SPAM!"

Gotta love the religion of peace.

KC130, FULL OF PIG BLOOD! MECCA. nuff said
edit on 8/1/11 by felonius because: add

edit on 8/1/11 by felonius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
About frickin' time! I sure hope something comes of this.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Another reason to end birthright citizenship for all. A while back on an Indian H-1b newsgroup I read about an Indian temp worker couple who had a child in the USA, so he was automatically a US citizen. When they moved back to India they wanted to finalize Indian citizenship for their son, but couldn't because the Indian government does not allow dual citizenship (not a bad idea). They tried to revoke their son's US citizenship but the tyrannical US government wouldn't let them!! Said wait till the boy is 18 then he could do it himself!!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Wow that post was ignorant as all heck. You do know that the vast majority of Muslims you hate so much come over here legally right?

I am beginning to think the Right doesn't really understand what an illegal immigrant is.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
all I hear is blah blah blame conservative blah blah GOP blah blah we have more feelings then you blah blah you are the devil.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Why do you hate the tea party people so much?

I'm a Tea Party guy....Help me understand!

Tell me how you really feel. Is it that we're all just so racist? We just hate those Hispanics, and those Blacks, well they have to be kept in the ghetto 'cause white tea bagger people will never vote for a black man!

Yep! Tell me all about it!

A small minute segment that y'all should've kicked to the curb seems to be dominating your talking points and running roughshot over the more centrist members. There has been a racist feel to the group since 2009 and when DHS warned of "the rise of radical right wing extremitism" and within weeks this group is on the scene, coincidence, I think not!

It's like I've been saying for over a year now, if the TPM would just identify, expell it's racist segments perhaps the perception of the group will change for the better. It got to a point where it started to become TPM's way or the highway with no room for negotiation. Remember the last time a group rose to politcal power and demanded it be "Thier way or the highway!", that group was the Nazi Third Reich.
edit on 8-1-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by felonius

Wow that post was ignorant as all heck. You do know that the vast majority of Muslims you hate so much come over here legally right?

I am beginning to think the Right doesn't really understand what an illegal immigrant is.

The only reason why the GOP will deny legally born Americans their citizenship rights is so that they can continually exploit them for cheap labour and nothing else.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreAWAKE

The sad reality is that if this draconian peice of legislation gets signed me, you and every American here would be immediately stripped of our citizenship because we aren't rich and vote GOP!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I'm all for this . my school district was 56% hispanic and i was forced to take spanish class 5 days a week cause there where many kids in my school that did'nt even know English. Nothing wrong with learning another language... but we should be giving a choice. i see now the people living next door, 6 year old kid looks at you with a blank face if you talk to him in English. It's a huge waste of tax payers dollars and I sure don't need to know the language of any third world countries. I have to admit I am an animal and wont place myself on a higher pedestal because that generally leads to discomfort and as an animal I am HIGHLY territorial, look at our ape cousins, I am not afraid to beat my chest if needed. That saying "the grass is always greener on the other side" should be fallowed by untill the cattle graze it on it aswell.
edit on 8-1-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Having worked with many illegals in the past, I'll tell you what they told me. They come here and have a baby, lie and say they are a one income household even though their boyfriends live with them and together they make well above the poverty limit. They collect welfare and have cheap housing, medical etc. Whenever I tried telling them that there are people who really need welfare and that what they are doing is stealing, they say well America is stupid. Sigh...Then they each had 3 kids and wanted more. Who pays for this?

They took a law that was supposed to be for x slaves and manipulated it for self serving purposes. Illegals who have been here for many years have had more than enough time to go through proper channels to become legal and chose not to. How do you think that makes someone feel who has come here with respect and done everything the right and legal way? Illegals and their children also take jobs away from citizens and not just the jobs that Americans won't do. They are not tested for diseases, have no background checks etc.

It is long over due that something be done about this.

That is when you call your supervisor to call INS and ICE and call them in for an emergency meeting and get them locked up and deported with their case claim be cancelled and watch how quick their attitude towards the nation changes.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I'd be all for an open border if they didnt reproduce so darn fast. its greedy and taxing on resources.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

So, instead of enforcing the existing law, the GOP solution is to invalidate everyone's citizenship en masse? Yea, the Conservative "War on Liberty" just marches on with it's ground troops clapping and cheering the entire way.

I am starting to doubt your sanity.

For the fourth time: proposed law is not retroactive, and nobody can be stripped of citizenship. I canot write it any simpler than this.
edit on 8/1/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

The sad reality is that if this draconian peice of legislation gets signed me, you and every American here would be immediately stripped of our citizenship because we aren't rich and vote GOP!

You are wrong, and you dont know what you are talking about. Fear-mongering at its finest.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

You are wrong, and you dont know what you are talking about. Fear-mongering at its finest.

What else could the purpose of this be but to strip every citizen of the US thier rights? Nothing, all to exploit illegals for cheap labour. BTW, this if passed would be the first time in a very long time that people lost rights and freedoms in our most sacred document. Yet, more further proof the entire GOP's Mantra is to kill the US Constitution. Get real! When it pertains to Government I know way more about this topic then most and am rarely ever challenged or second guessed.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

This law does not allow any stripping of citizenship, because its NOT RETROACTIVE. Therefore its purpose cannot be what you claim.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Even by some miracle it doesn't strip everyone of their citizenship, what about my children? What about my children's children? Will they be American Citizens? Or will they be considered illegals and have to pass a citizenship test at birth or be detained and deported god knows where?

"I know kiddo, welcome to the world, but unfortunately your not an American citizen and the great Reagonists have decreed that even though your mother and father, your grandmothers and grandfathers, your great grandmothers and great grandfathers were born in this country and are American citizens, you aren't and so they will be taking you to a detention facility until they can deport you to some country that will have you.

Someday you will understand that the great Reagonists in their infinite wisdom have decided that in order to rid this country of any brown people or Muslims, that sacrifices had to be made, and unfortunately for you, that means that you don't have any protections under the Constitution. Don't worry son, I'll keep your long form birth certificate so that someday when you are old enough and able to pass the citizenship test you will be allowed to vote Republican once you buy land."

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join