It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Action Alert—Now the FDA Is Going After Vitamin C!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa

Originally posted by cybertroy
Linus Pauling

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

I need science, not YouTube videos, sorry.

because our soil is depleted of nutrients

Source, please.

I've cut plenty of infections short

How do you know, though? There isn't a set-in-stone length for ANY infection. Just because you may have had ten colds that all lasted one week doesn't mean the eleventh will also last one week. It could last three days, ten days, and so on.

What controls have you implemented to be certain it's vitamin C that has helped your illness? Have you statistically eliminated confounders and bias? Have you done a double-blind test using a placebo?

These are the things scientists and doctors need answers for before we can offer a drug or therapy to patients. These are also the same tests that vitamin C, and nearly every alternative therapy, has failed.

I can't give a patient a treatment based on anecdotal evidence from random people on the internet. I need cold, hard data.

There is plenty of info and evidence out there on Vitamin C, easy to get. There is plenty of info and evidence out there on the effectiveness of other vitamins and minerals. But, I suspect you don't care about the truth. Just seems like you are here to invalidate the thread at every chance.

As for me, I'm going to support the thread. We have a real task ahead of us, to keep our freedoms, because it is under attack. It's very easy to see.

Troy

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

So now that brings our tally up to...what, three things that people can't support?

1) There is no source other than a blog claiming the FDA has done anything relating to vitamin C

2) There is no science supporting vitamin C, on it's own, curing anything

3) There is no science supporting IV vitamin C having any benefits beyond those seen with eating citrus fruit

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I have no fixed opinion on this, merely playing Devil's Advocate.

Pauling's cancer study was apparently not replicated by others, name calling ensued. but biochemical studies still seem to provide positives.

high dose ascorbic acid generated hydrogen peroxide, an oxidant in mice.

2008 biochemical study, NIH funded and by NIH researchers

Pharmacologic doses of ascorbate act as a prooxidant and decrease growth of aggressive tumor xenografts in mice

www.pnas.org/content/early/2008/08/01/0804226105.abstract

Abstract

Ascorbic acid is an essential nutrient commonly regarded as an antioxidant. In this study, we showed that ascorbate at pharmacologic concentrations was a prooxidant, generating hydrogen-peroxide-dependent cytotoxicity toward a variety of cancer cells in vitro without adversely affecting normal cells. To test this action in vivo, normal oral tight control was bypassed by parenteral ascorbate administration. Real-time microdialysis sampling in mice bearing glioblastoma xenografts showed that a single pharmacologic dose of ascorbate produced sustained ascorbate radical and hydrogen peroxide formation selectively within interstitial fluids of tumors but not in blood. Moreover, a regimen of daily pharmacologic ascorbate treatment significantly decreased growth rates of ovarian (P < 0.005), pancreatic (P < 0.05), and glioblastoma (P < 0.001) tumors established in mice. Similar pharmacologic concentrations were readily achieved in humans given ascorbate intravenously. These data suggest that ascorbate as a prodrug may have benefits in cancers with poor prognosis and limited therapeutic options.

edit on 7-1-2011 by jjjtir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
The use of Vitamin C is already frowned upon by mainstream health care. Would it really be unbelievable for the FDA to ban the intravenous form? Do you ever see a doctor offer their patients vitamin C for their flu? And, ultimately, at least one of the sources, is reliable. Natural Solutions Foundation was there through the whole S-510 bill, and it was definitely a real bill.

A quick story. My friend's mom was pounded with antibiotics, until I guess it help kill her off for sure. Antibiotics were given to her, like it was necessary for her survival. She never got better, always worse. Do you think Vitamin C was ever offered? Nope. Good doses of Vitamin d? I doubt it. What I know she got was pain medication and anti-biotics.

Troy

I'm sorry to hear about that. I was trying to explain to a few people over Christmas the bad side of antibiotics, all had completely blank looks and stood by antibiotics. The problem is that first one has to explain how antibiotics work, before you can explain the dangers.

People still think you should use them for ear ache, not realizing that it doesn't speed up recovery and makes the ear ache far more likely to return. Antibiotics should be saved for the most serious issues or else we'll have a world full of superbugs too strong for antibiotics, which we're already well on our way to

After a course of antibiotics it takes a year for all your good bacteria to return

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I thought VneZonyDostupa had been sacked, but they've given him a second chance. This guy is paid for by the Pharms by the way

He doesn't realize that quoting from the Pharm Handbook of Science to us is like quoting from the Bible to atheists

We don't believe their science, their tests, it's mostly BS and just there to make money

Yes, ban Vitamin C and replace the kids sweets on the lowest shelf by the counter with Paracetamol; perfectly safe for kids. What, there's more people on the liver transplant list due to Paracetamol than Alcohol, surely not? You mean, sometimes they don't even overdose, it just randomly destroys their livers, surely this can't be true. They must have overdosed on Vitamin C!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jameshawkings
This guy is paid for by the Pharms by the way

It's "gal" (not guy), and I had no idea I was being paid by "Pharms"! Golly gosh, do you have access to a bank account that I don't know of? I could certainly use some of that money to pay off my student loans. Will you forward the checks to me?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Anyway, let's get back on track here. I used to get so upset about getting de-railed, but it doesn't affect me that much anymore. It's just noise.

Thank you spiro bringing this to our attention. I was going to post it, if no one else did.

Vitamin C is one of those substances I hold dear to myself.

Troy

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
My friend,

Dont you ever do any research?

So now that brings our tally up to...what, three things that people can't support?

Let your educational lesson begin

1) There is no source other than a blog claiming the FDA has done anything relating to vitamin C

Really?

www.congress.org...

theintelhub.com...

www.anh-usa.org...

www.truthistreason.net...

www.sott.net...

truthisscary.com...

That was just the first page of results on Google

www.google.co.uk... rch

2) There is no science supporting vitamin C, on it's own, curing anything

Yes, there is. Though as part of this lesson I would encourage you to do a little research, and STOP being ignorant!!!

3) There is no science supporting IV vitamin C having any benefits beyond those seen with eating citrus fruit

This, my friend, is laughable

Be safe be well,

Spiro

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Let's see what sorts of "sources" you've provided here:

www.congress.org...

This is just a personal letter someone wrote to random Congressmen. No source, no citation of the bill or law in which the FDA banned IV vitamin C...nothing.

theintelhub.com...

This source literally just says "some guy told us he was told by another group that the FDA is banning this stuff". Another worthless source that doesn't cite anything concrete.

www.anh-usa.org...

This is the original sourceless blog post from the OP. Do you actually read threads before you post in them?

www.truthistreason.net...

The only source in this article is (surprise, surprise), the ORIGINAL BLOG POST FROM THE OP.

Do you not see how your sources are circular in nature? One person posts a fabrication on the internet, a dozen or so sites all pick up that fabrication, and then reference each other in a circle, making it seem as though "dozens" of sources exist.

www.sott.net...

This is, literally, COPY-AND-PASTE FROM THE BLOG IN THE OP. Remember what I said about circular sources?

[truthisscary.com...

This is, literally, COPY-AND-PASTED FROM THE BLOG IN THE OP.

So, in review, let's look at your links as a whole. You provided six source. Of these six sources, THREE of them (or 50%) were word-for-word copies of the link in the original source. One of them used the original blog post as it's only source, one was just a personal letter, and the other had no source other than the people who wrote the original blog post.

That's some mighty fine research you've done there! You started AND ended with the exact same source, copy and pasted onto different sites. Kudos!

Yes, there is. Though as part of this lesson I would encourage you to do a little research, and STOP being ignorant!!!

So you don't have any research to support it, then?

This, my friend, is laughable

edit on 1/8/2011 by VneZonyDostupa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
My friend,

The title of this thread/discussion is " The FDA Is Going After Vitamin C ", here's the letter to prove it...straight from their website

www.fda.gov...

Mr. Robert McDonald President and Chief Executive Procter and Gamble One Procter and Gamble Plaza Cincinnati, Ohio 45202 Dear Mr. McDonald: This letter concerns "VICKS DayQuil Plus Vitamin C" and "VICKS NyQuil Plus Vitamin C." These products are marketed by your firm as combination over-the-counter (OTC) drug - dietary supplement products. FDA's position on the regulatory status of OTC drug products that combine drug ingredients with dietary ingredients in a single dosage form for drug indications has been described in four previously issued Warning Letters: two dated October 27, 2008, and sent to Bayer HealthCare, Morristown, NJ, regarding "BAYER ASPIRIN With HEART ADVANTAGE Tablets" (aspirin and phytosterols) and "BAYER WOMEN'S Low Dose Aspirin + CALCIUM Tablets" (aspirin and calcium carbonate); and two, dated October 16, 2001 - one to B.F. Ascher & Company, Inc., Lenexa, KS, regarding "MELAGESIC PM CAPLETS" (acetaminophen and melatonin) and the second to Omni Nutraceuticals, Inc., Los Angeles, CA, regarding "INHOLTRA® JOINT PAIN™ CAPLETS" (acetaminophen and glucosamine sulfate) and "INHOLTRA® JOINT PAIN PLUS™ CAPLETS" (acetaminophen, glucosamine sulfate, and chondroitin sulfate). 1

The rest of the letter, from the FDA to Proctor and Gamble, warning them NOT to use vitamin C, can be read in the link above.

Cheers

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

Please, in the future, read your own sources. The letter you linked has nothing to do with vitamin C specifically and instead relates to the FDA's regulation on combining medicine and dietary supplements, and then marketing it as "better" or "more effective" without evidence. There is NOTHING in the letter specifically banning vitamin C, there is NOTHING in the letter about the FDA raiding pharmacies and taking vitamin C, and there is NOTHING in the letter about IV vitamin C.

READ. YOUR. SOURCES. BEFORE. POSTING. THEM.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
My friend,

reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

lol

Like I said before, dont be ignorant. If you cant see it then I cant show it

Be safe be well,

Spiro

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

I can't see what isn't there. If you ever find an actual source, feel free to PM me. I'm leaving this thread, given it is now obvious it's nothing but paranoid fear-mongering.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
A pretty good video, shows hope for IV vitamin C. But, of course, it's the mainstream media, so "there aren't enough tests to show...." Vitamin C in supplement form has been around for many years, but they "haven't gotten around" to thoroughly testing it yet. They don't want to invest time in it, because there isn't enough money in it.

www.youtube.com...

I don't care what "results" they come up with. The FDA has been known to do dishonest things, why would they report fairly on something that could really help? I know Vitamin C works, and there are plenty of other people out there that know it works as well.

Short vid.

www.youtube.com...

To your health!

Troy

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

your first Fox News video, quotes the 2008 NIH study published at PNAS, linked above.

woman with stage 4 lung cancer (of unspecified type).

3 infusions/week

700 dollars each week - not covered by insurance, out of her own pocket

after 2 weeks of start, marker @ +1000.
1 later, 3rd @ 856
1 later, 4th @ 659

Time will tell, NIH and PNAS revived the debate.

edit to add - she is supplementing her chemotherapy treatment simultaneously with IV Vitamin C.
edit on 13-1-2011 by jjjtir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Can't say that I really agree with the chemotherapy part, but Vitamin C seemed to be very helpful.

Anyway, there is supposed to be a show tonight for anyone who can catch it on Vitamin C.

"The NaturalNews Talk Hour begins this Thursday evening at 6pm Pacific / 9pm Eastern, and registration is FREE. Simply enter your email address in the registration form on the right column of this page and you'll receive call-in details for the show."

www.naturalnews.com...

Troy

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
New Zealand farmer with Swine Flu and IV Vitamin C story. He was at deaths door about to be taken off of life support, but the family insisted on IV Vitamin C. He lives!

www.3news.co.nz...

Troy

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

Time to stock up on Emergen-C! I love those little packets of vitamin C goodness. Another thing you could do if you need Vit. C after such a ban would be to eat foods high in it, like tomatos, citric fruits, etc.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I love those little packets too. So refreshing.

We must be vigilant to make sure that IV Vitamin C stays available.

Troy

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
You just have to observe when a successful natural cure gains a lot of publicity and becomes widely known, they go after it and ban it or 'control' it.

Natural cures are bad for business, and bad for their plan to slowly kill us all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join