It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Sarah Palin be right about Michelle Obama?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Yes, Sarah Palin could be right about Michelle Obama.

Michelle Obama could be a hypocrite with a big fat butt lecturing Americans on the hazards of being overweight, too.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
loud idiots that paint their entire party (purposefully?) as a bunch of knuckle dragging cavemen whom cannot comprehend statistics, health issues, and proper framing of concern.

let me know if I used any words that are too big for you

Why are you criticizing my vocab comprehension? Was this really on-topic, Saturn?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by zuul000

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
The Topic:

NOT grammar, spelling or individual perceptions regarding a fellow member's character or person.

Thank You

Grammar was brought-up when another member said persons of a particular political persuasion were "knuckle-dragging neanderthals" and misspelled every third word when they did it. In interest of fair-play is it reasonable to assume those posts will also be censored? Thank you.

Not overly angry though, just dismissive of an entire political party because of the loud idiots that paint their entire party (purposefully?) as a bunch of knuckle dragging cavemen whom cannot comprehend statistics, health issues, and proper framing of concern.

persons of a political persuasion..nope...the fringe of that group that have the loudest voice in regards to statistics, health issues, and proper framing.

Did I post linguistics? nope. Your insistance to derail and now your flat out bold faced lie shows you for what you are. a common troll.

If you would like, feel free to start a thread on grammar and politicial affiliation
This is not that thread. And yes, there are twits in the republican party..and there are twits in the democratic party.
I am speaking about the right wing twits because I tend to find their fringe to be more dangerous than the left wing twits.

Are you ever going to get on topic, or is this the best you can do?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Your insistance to derail and now your flat out bold faced lie shows you for what you are. a common troll.

This really doesn't promote positive discussion. I regret you feel the need to call me names. I would prefer to engage in a polite, civil discussion. I regret you feel differently.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I can't stand Sara palin but she's right on this one.

And I don't for a second think Michelle Obama's fat campaign has anything to do with caring for people - it's all about filling the army with slim, trim recruits to go kill in stupid wars. She can go take care of her own organically fed kids and leave mine the heck alone.

I'm tired of the fat bashing too - it's only increased since this campaign.
You go drop the stupid ice cream. I'm holding on to mine so I can throw it at someone.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Yeah, who the hell is Michelle Obama to suggest you get healthy and maybe not feed your kids diabetes? The nerve. Next thing you know, she will be telling us the government should force us to carry our rapist's babies. Whoops, that is Palin's issue.
edit on 4-1-2011 by Sinnthia because: improper punctuation to give zuuul something to do

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by zuul000

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
The Topic:

NOT grammar, spelling or individual perceptions regarding a fellow member's character or person.

Thank You

Grammar was brought-up when another member said persons of a particular political persuasion were "knuckle-dragging neanderthals" and misspelled every third word when they did it. In interest of fair-play is it reasonable to assume those posts will also be censored? Thank you.

Not overly angry though, just dismissive of an entire political party because of the loud idiots that paint their entire party (purposefully?) as a bunch of knuckle dragging cavemen whom cannot comprehend statistics, health issues, and proper framing of concern.

persons of a political persuasion..nope...the fringe of that group that have the loudest voice in regards to statistics, health issues, and proper framing.

Did I post linguistics? nope. Your insistance to derail and now your flat out bold faced lie shows you for what you are. a common troll.

If you would like, feel free to start a thread on grammar and politicial affiliation
This is not that thread. And yes, there are twits in the republican party..and there are twits in the democratic party.
I am speaking about the right wing twits because I tend to find their fringe to be more dangerous than the left wing twits.

Are you ever going to get on topic, or is this the best you can do?

Mods - is it acceptable for me to call Saturn a "twit" and a "liar" or is he the only one allowed to do that? Please clarify so I know how to proceed. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Sarah Palin's "Real Americans"
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9df09212d04c.jpg[/atsimg]

(actually, those fries do look tasty...damn new years diet...-eats the picture instead-)
edit on 3-1-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

I like you, you can stay.

But, on the topic at hand, it's just Palin being a political blowhard. If people aren't willing to see the contrived nature of her actions, then I'll gladly step aside as they jump off the bridge after her.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I don't like the executive branch of the government tells me what to eat and what not to. I, like most of the informed people, know better than she does on what is good and what is bad for my health. The missed point of all is why Michelle Obama does not raise the issue of the danger of the fluoride in the drinking water in most of the American cities, if she really cares about the health of the American people? Also, why does she not raise the issue of the danger of the genetically modified food (GMO) for the second most serious health hazard? It’s like telling people to use condoms for their birth control. I want the government out of my bedroom as well as out of my kitchen.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

First off, hee is the source of the question
Christian science monitor source

Now, I personally find the whole argument stupid.
Yes, Sarah Palin is clearly running to be the first lady of the united states (she is clearly confused who she is supposed to be opposing,

She's not confused, she's in on it too, watch her handshakes and the hand signs she makes. They all are in on it. I'll show you some examples.

now go here: www.pakalertpress.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Sarah Palin isn't right about anything.... She doesn't even know the difference between north and south korea... really?!?!?

This women is the worst thing that has ever happened to this country!!!
edit on 4-1-2011 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Apologies for the perhaps needlessly glib response here, but let's truncate your thread title and answer your particular question in one fell swoop.

Could Sarah Palin be right...?

No. Never. Not a chance. As soon as she opens her mouth it's a given that she's never right.

Well, other than far-right of course. Ship her creationist a** back to Alaska and have her hunted by eco-extremists for sport.
But who cares about Michelle Obama or her views either? Palin and Obama are merely two-halves of the same sham political coin, analogous to the kind carried by Harvey Dent, but in this case both sides are rendered scarred and tainted.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

Sarah Palin is demonized by TPTB. The Alaskan crude oil can save the economy of the US as she said in her first political speech. I noticed that as soon as this issue went silent from the media, vicious personal attacks on her started by the same media. George W Bush didn't know where Iraq or Afganistan was located in the world map. And it didn't matter to those Sarah Palin attackers.

I have the feeling that this forum is funded by the Moslem fundamentalists who don't like the US to be independent from the Arab oil. On top of that, I was blocked to respond to the Oozy the Moslem fundamentalist's post who was crushed by my reasoning against the killing teachings of the Koran.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Why do you or any of you all care what people eat? What they eat doesn't affect you. STOP TRYING TO CONTROL PEOPLE.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by notsoperfect

I have the feeling that this forum is funded by the Moslem fundamentalists who don't like the US to be independent from the Arab oil.

Doubtful
Attacking Palin is not somehow playing into the hands of the middle east big oil. frankly, the ones most opposed to her are also the ones trying to move off of crude all together for anything more than just lubrication. Solar, Wind, and new emerging technologies are the future, but first we need to change the energy commission to stop giving oil the spotlight.

Alot of money tied up in oil...and that is a pity considering what a disaster it is economically, environmentally, and technologically. Oil is a civilization hurdle

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Ancient Champion

Because, we're the most obese country on Earth. Go to any Walmart and you'll find someone riding around on an electric cart full of junk food. It's pathetic. You are what you eat and people need to be educated on what is good for them and what is bad. Although, no one should be told they have to eat healthy. If someone wanted to shoot heroin into their eyeballs they should be allowed to do so. But being an idiot and doing so doesn't mean you are exempt from being educated on the dangers of doing so.

The point the OP is trying to make is that it's imbecilic for Sarah Palin to argue that Michelle Obama is wrong to educate kids on healthy eating. It's not like she's secretly flooding the country with junk food, making a profit covertly, and then putting the people who eat the junk food in jail.

Replace junk food with drugs and you have the Reagan administration.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Hell, eating food is a hurdle civilization can't get past, along with sleeping, urinating, and defecating. We spend so much of our lives doing those things that we can't move on to our next phase. Just like we aren't finding a new, better form of energy to push humanity further.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Palin is right I dont want the government to dictate what my child or I eat.If I want to be fat and enjoy sweets, or highly fatty foods thats my right as a U.S. citizen,what about the right to persue happiness,if eating chocolate makes me happy,Who is michelle obama to tell me or my child otherwise.This is just another assult on our freedom of choice.The crazy progressives think that they no better than everyone else whats good for you and they think they should have the power to tell you what to do.What ever happened to michelle my bells program to stop her husbands smoking??Get government out of our lives and let us live and enjoy are icecream,cake and candy. I'm outta here and going to have a nice greasy cheese burger

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoyoshi
Palin is right I dont want the government to dictate what my child or I eat.If I want to be fat and enjoy sweets, or highly fatty foods thats my right as a U.S. citizen,what about the right to persue happiness,if eating chocolate makes me happy,Who is michelle obama to tell me or my child otherwise.This is just another assult on our freedom of choice.The crazy progressives think that they no better than everyone else whats good for you and they think they should have the power to tell you what to do.What ever happened to michelle my bells program to stop her husbands smoking??Get government out of our lives and let us live and enjoy are icecream,cake and candy. I'm outta here and going to have a nice greasy cheese burger

Im not sure if you are being serious, but what the hell ill bite.
First, you might want to not butcher the English language next time...this is where education plays a big part. Secondly, the government is not forcing you to eat a certain way, they would just rather you choose healthier foods and a healthier life style. Is that so bad?. btw, i take it you listen to a lot of faux news or glen beck since you use 'progressives' as if its a bad thing. give me a break.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join