It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Sarah Palin be right about Michelle Obama?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Yes yes, I know. I got it already. You had to add something to create an argument you could then claim to win because you invented the terms of it by giving another post attributes that it did not actually contain. There is a word for that. I got it. Thanks.

I believe you did the same thing...

I was simply responding in context to the topic that state governments control education rather than federal governments. Then you came along (out of context of the post to which I was responding) implying that my response was meaningless because "government is government". Government is not government (federal -v- state) in the eyes of many people. And, more to the point, "government is not government" in the context of the post to which I was responding.

...and to get back to responding to the topic at hand rather than responding to you personally: I don't believe I was arguing anything; I never said how I felt about the OP's article, but I will now.

If I was to give an opinion on the OP's topic, I would say I disagree with Ms. Palin that the Federal government has NO business educating people on healthy eating. I think they do.

However, this leads to the whole "slippery slope" argument. That is, perhaps today the Federal goverment is passing laws educating the people on healthy eating -- which is fine if it ended there. The problem is that it often doesn't end there -- we hit that "slippery slope" in which the federal government then passes more laws in a few years (say, for example, regulating the fat in a fast food joint), then MORE laws a few years later (say, regulating the "healthiness" of foods on a grocery shelf), until the federal government is spending tax money controlling everything we eat.

Spending federal tax money on healthy eating "education" is fine, but not on healthy eating "enforcement".

edit on 1/4/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
I believe you did the same thing...

Crushing on me?

I was simply responding in context to the topic that state governments control education rather than federal governments.

I

KNOW

THAT.

I was simply reading it in the context it was written that GOVERNMENT teaches.

Why you transposed the words of that post onto the context of the OP is beyond me but I get it. I got it. I hear ya. K???????????

We done?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I gonna go with Track Record here, has Momma Grizzly ever been right about anything before?
Has she made any significant contribution to Politics?

I do wonder, what might of happened if Dubya would have married Palin, how would the Kids turn out?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
If I was to give an opinion on the OP's topic, I would say I disagree with Ms. Palin that the Federal government has NO business educating people on healthy eating. I think they do.

However, this leads to the whole "slippery slope" argument. That is, perhaps today the Federal goverment is passing laws educating the people on healthy eating -- which is fine if it ended there. The problem is that it often doesn't end there -- we hit that "slippery slope" in which the federal government then passes more laws in a few years (say, for example, regulating the fat in a fast food joint), then MORE laws a few years later (say, regulating the "healthiness" of foods on a grocery shelf), until the federal government is spending tax money controlling everything we eat.

Spending federal tax money on healthy eating "education" is fine, but not on healthy eating "enforcement".

edit on 1/4/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

OK, on topic. I can see that "slippery slope" argument but to be honest I just do not buy it all that much. Do you have any real world examples? I do not eat at or run a McDonalds so what they can and cannot do in the order of running a business in the United States means jack to me. I can still buy whatever foods I like, cook them in whatever fats I want to, and pour a half pound of Himilayan pink sea salt allllllll over it. So, it is hard for me to see the end of you slope from my kitchen but I am listening.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Parents should be responsible for their child's well being. And if they abuse a child in a physical sense, that being obesity, there should be laws to abide by. I do not agree with being told what to eat, drink, wear, sleep, etc..It is the most unAmerican ideology you can live with. If we keep giving the Government strength we weaken ourselves. And whoever said nobody got mad about Reagan's wife and the War on Drugs, drugs were in our laws, world, and systematic daily lives way before anyone created a 'war' on it. Albeit a failed war. As for this entire health issue, that is a personal issue and people need to take care of it themselves. LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This is a very UN-PROFESSIONAL thread Mod. Please watch.
Thanks.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Funny how people automatcally assume as if it is the absolute truth that Sarah Palin is crazy.The control addicts all ready have influenced people to hate her when she did nothing wrong or even did anything that was dumb.This is how simple media and hatred can convince people of anything when they don't do thier jobs as journalist.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Look at the post in this room which mock Sarah Palin and assume as if she is crazy and assume she is a not a serious candidate without even realy caring to realy know her.Control addicts don't even see it coming and they stoop for false promises and lies and have no wisdom just as people stooped for Hitler when he promised false lies.Some of the germans believed killing the jews and mass murdering them would help the world.Now we are stooping for politcal correct atitudes who are down right rude and ignorant of others.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
Funny how people automatcally assume as if it is the absolute truth that Sarah Palin is crazy.The control addicts all ready have influenced people to hate her when she did nothing wrong or even did anything that was dumb.This is how simple media and hatred can convince people of anything when they don't do thier jobs as journalist.

Please tell me you took the time to actually research her political history.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The idealogical politcal correctness is infested in this country badly.Ruining politics and ruining media and ruining the office of the White House.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Funny how people automatcally assume as if it is the absolute truth that Sarah Palin is crazy.

I never assumed any such thing. I took the time to find it out.

The control addicts all ready have influenced people to hate her when she did nothing wrong or even did anything that was dumb.

Funny, that is exactly what I have to say about Michelle and yet Palin is bashing her for that exact premise.

This is how simple media and hatred can convince people of anything when they don't do thier jobs as journalist.

You mean Michelle recommending a healthy diet and people equating that to the gestappo watching your stove?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Sarah Palin is a joke, her purpose is to confuse you and the Republican party picked her and McCain so they would lose on purpose, no im not kidding. You have to ask yourself among all the candidates they choose senile aging McCain "a liability" and a brainless twit like Palin ? You really think that combo could possibly repair the damage done by the Bush regime over the previous 8 years? This economy is the bi product of the Bush regime make no mistake, Obama is the fall guy. They put all this on the dems, they may very well undermine their prospect for another term at least until some of the damage is amended and see the country has become salvageable. Until then they will play the role as Vultures and continue to put a spin on everything a muddy the waters further.

Again there are many brainless republicans but they cant be this stupid, they have to have common sense enough to know Palin is a joke. Its like "vote for pedro" kind of gimmick. She is a gimmick, her publicity whoring is so asinine and ridiculous any one with a sense of logic has to see it for what it is. The womans brain does not fire on all cylinders unless she is pretending to be this idiotic? Do you think it is an act? Could very well be. The gist of this is a game. We are being played.

And NONE of these people work for YOU! They are role playing, the drama is to keep you distracted while agendas are being played out under the surface. Obama good or bad he does not matter. Does not matter if he was hand picked or legitimately wants to go against the grain. Either he complies or he will be assassinated. Once you walk in to that Oval Office you realize you are occupying space, are not in power, now upon the liars chair. You are just occupying a false position. has been that way since they waked Kennedy, he tried to warn you even Eisenhower warned us.
edit on 4-1-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
You have to ask yourself among all the candidates they choose senile aging McCain "a liability" and a brainless twit like Palin ? You really think that combo could possibly repair the damage done by the Bush regime over the previous 8 years? This economy is the bi product of the Bush regime make no mistake, Obama is the fall guy. They put all this on the dems, they may very well undermine their prospect for another term at least until some of the damage is amended and see the country has become salvageable. Until then they will play the role as Vultures and continue to put a spin on everything a muddy the waters further.

Sadly.

That makes total sense.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Your comment here:

Can you show me one post in this thread that supports the government controlling or dictating what we eat?

I was pointing out that the Feds are attempting to dictate food, and added links to those initiatives.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
What strikes me as odd is that people don't ask the question "are these people working"

I mean to my knowledge we pay taxes, those taxes allegedly pay these politicians to do a job. We employ them, i mean we use to employ them. Yet nobody audits them, there is not a shred of evidence that suggest these people perform any of the job tasks they were assigned. What we do see is them doing anything besides doing the job. There is no oversight on these people, this muppet show. It's like a episode of Outer Limits, i cant believe the audacity of what is being done.

That being the case of course why not hire an Actress like Palin. Lets hype her up, make her a celeb like Barry and people will just eat it up like the day time TV soap Operas they so enjoy. Not to mention the Media like CNN and FOX are Days Of Our Lives and General Hospital. As long as we cater to the drama he said she said we are just enabling these people and lose focus.

Aint the devil happy

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
As long as we cater to the drama he said she said we are just enabling these people and lose focus.

Aint the devil happy

People Love Drama - - Facts are too much work.

Exhibit A: Limbaugh (The Carnival Barker).

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Again sad but true

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Funny how people automatcally assume as if it is the absolute truth that Sarah Palin is crazy.

I never assumed any such thing. I took the time to find it out.

The control addicts all ready have influenced people to hate her when she did nothing wrong or even did anything that was dumb.

Funny, that is exactly what I have to say about Michelle and yet Palin is bashing her for that exact premise.

LOL at Palin being a victim and innocent hahahaah

The woman does not know the difference between Africa being a Continent and a Country, yet she Governed a state? Am i missing something...? Victim of her own stupidity?

I also loled at "control addicts" huh what?

top 10 stupid Sarah Palin quotes

1. "As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border." --Sarah Palin, explaining why Alaska's proximity to Russia gives her foreign policy experience, interview with CBS's Katie Couric, Sept. 24, 2008 (Watch video clip) 2. "The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of productivity in society,' whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil." –-Sarah Palin, in a message posted on Facebook about Obama's health care plan, Aug. 7, 2009 3. "All of 'em, any of 'em that have been in front of me over all these years." --Sarah Palin, unable to name a single newspaper or magazine she reads, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008 (Watch video clip) 4. "Well, let's see. There's ― of course in the great history of America there have been rulings that there's never going to be absolute consensus by every American, and there are those issues, again, like Roe v. Wade, where I believe are best held on a state level and addressed there. So, you know, going through the history of America, there would be others but ―" --Sarah Palin, unable to name a Supreme Court decision she disagreed with other than Roe vs. Wade, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008 (Watch video clip) 5. "'Refudiate,' 'misunderestimate,' 'wee-wee'd up.' English is a living language. Shakespeare liked to coin new words too. Got to celebrate it!'" --a Tweet sent by Sarah Palin in response to being ridiculed for inventing the word "refudiate," proudly mistaking her illiteracy for literary genius, July 18, 2010 6. "But obviously, we've got to stand with our North Korean allies." --Sarah Palin, after being asked how she would handle the current hostilities between the two Koreas, interview on Glenn Beck's radio show, Nov. 24, 2010 7. "We believe that the best of America is not all in Washington, D.C. ... We believe that the best of America is in these small towns that we get to visit, and in these wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America, being here with all of you hard working very patriotic, um, very, um, pro-America areas of this great nation." --Sarah Palin, speaking at a fundraiser in Greensboro, N.C., Oct. 16, 2008 8. "[T]hey're in charge of the U.S. Senate so if they want to they can really get in there with the senators and make a lot of good policy changes that will make life better for Brandon and his family and his classroom." --Sarah Palin, getting the vice president's constitutional role wrong after being asked by a third grader what the vice president does, interview with NBC affiliate KUSA in Colorado, Oct. 21, 2008 (Watch video clip) 9. "We used to hustle over the border for health care we received in Canada. And I think now, isn't that ironic?" --Sarah Palin, admitting that her family used to get treatment in Canada's single-payer health care system, despite having demonized such government-run programs as socialized medicine that will lead to death-panel-like rationing, March 6, 2010 10. "Ohh, good, thank you, yes." --Sarah Palin, after a notorious Canadian prank caller complimented her on the documentary about her life, Hustler's "Nailin Paylin," Nov. 1, 2008

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

OK, on topic. I can see that "slippery slope" argument but to be honest I just do not buy it all that much. Do you have any real world examples? ...

Yes --- All of the programs over the years that led to the critical need for welfare reform back in the mid-1990s.

The American Public Welfare system is a vital and necessary system of programs in general. It, along with other New Deal programs, was desperately needed during the Great Depression, and there was still a need after the Depression ended. However, every so many years, one additional program after another was added to the Welfare system -- each on their own not a sinister-sounding idea, but the culmination of these programs dragged the welfare system down.

From 1936 until the 1990s, what was once a great, noble, and necessary program devolved into a highly inefficient and entitlement-driven boondoggle of a program because of the accumulative effects of these additional and -- taken individually -- seemingly non-threatening entitlements.

The Slippery Slope: The necessary and efficient Welfare system started in 1936 slowly, over time, became bogged down with one well-intentioned but ill-conceived program after another which resulted in a welfare system that became ts own worst enemy. Democrats and Republicans alike could both agree that the Welfare system was broken due to sliding down this slippery slope, and was only encouraging the behavior that causes poverty in the first place.

That's why in 1996 there was a desperate need to cleanse the welfare program of all of the wasteful and counterproductive entitlement programs that it had accumulated over 60 years -- which was accomplished with the passing of Welfare Reform (the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

That poll is from September of last year. How objective is Rasmussen?

Anybody care to proofread my post?

It just seems like people are trying to make a point about big gov. when Ms. Palin is lumping more than one point together with gov. and the social issue of obesity. She's good at that.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join