It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Sarah Palin be right about Michelle Obama?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I don't hate people for being fat tubs of lard. I feel bad for them. But, I feel bad in the way you feel bad when you see a car wreck. You're just glad it's not you.

Face it. This is all about evolution. I don't care if you believe in a god or God at all. We evolve in more ways than one. Look at this way. If things keep going the way they're going, we're in a lot of trouble. For one, the financial strain put on others to cover the health costs of these people is huge. Forget partisan politics. We're talking about a real problem.

Obama sucks. But if his wife wants to promote fruits and veggies then so be it. The idea that it's going to be forced on people is more scaremongering from one Alex Jones over at Prison Planet.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Well I would dare suggest that if you are not smart, being aware does very little for you so your granddaughter must be smart in order to employ logic to the things she has been made aware of, no? Anyway, thanks for being the liberal poster child for being responsible for your own damn diet in a thread full of conservatives begging the government to feed their kids for them.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Jobeycool

If someone didn't drink the Kool-Aid they would realize that Sarah Palin was picked to run for VP merely because she's a woman. If you paid any attention to her remarks after the campaign, you would find that even the people who picked know she's an idiot and wouldn't listen to anything she says. But, by all means, defend her and her lipstick until your last breath.

Btw, the whole lipstick thing during the campaign was incredibly sexist. But, Palin went along with it. So, do you think even she regards herself highly now?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
First off, hee is the source of the question
Christian science monitor source

Now, I personally find the whole argument stupid.
Yes, Sarah Palin is clearly running to be the first lady of the united states (she is clearly confused who she is supposed to be opposing, I guess she wants to take Michelle's spot verses Barack's)..but, why is this even having airtime? Why does the media demand we care?

Anyhow, a snippit of this stupid article:

Now if Michelle Obama were just a Chicago-based community activist who was organizing a nation-wide propaganda campaign to urge people to eat healthily I would have no objection.

Although Ms. Obama does not hold any official office she is a spokesperson for the White House and her husband, the president. Nothing she does or says happens without political vetting, approval, strategizing and so forth. In this sense she is an arm of the executive branch.

I do not believe it is the job of the federal government to teach us anything. It is simply part of the apparatus of compulsion and coercion whose job it is, at most, to main the basics of social order. When we allow it to become our Teacher we are elevating it to a role for which it has no comparative moral authority. Why should itsvalues be authoritative? Why not my values? Why not your values?

So, I guess the point is, the fattest nation on earth now has to feel angry that the government called a spade a spade and suggested we might want to drop the cheese puffs.

What does the far right stand for now anyhow?

Incidently, former first ladies always tried to take on softball issues...be it drugs, poverty, etc. Rarely do people wanting to become a president try to take on the first lady's softball causes.

My opinion:
You know what...Michelle is right...put the tub of chocolate covered ice cream down and get walking you fat $#@tards. Sarah...you seen your daughter lately? ya..put down the smores.
edit on 3-1-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

Hey SaturnFX!

No,the point is the goverment has passed a law saying that your son or daughter is not allowed to eat cheesepuffs in school. Mainstream media and the goverment demands you care because they are the massage. They know what's good for your son and daughter, not you! Why is the goverment calling a spade a spade and not you? Because your stupid. The far left, what do they stand for? It's pretty easy to call someone out when your not standing in front of them right? Do yourself a favor and do a little research on the polynesian islands and their obesity problems. If your smart enough you might have a change in your thinking. You would'nt want people to think your stupid would you? Oh,by the way. I'm neither liberal or conservative.Just common sense in case you thought i was defending the right. Would you have made that last statement in your thread if you were standing next to Sarahs husband? A smart person would not. I mean, I would'nt. I'm trying to figure out your statement about the softball causes. Poverty is a softball cause? Drugs are a softball cause? I think you would loose on both of those. My guess is you have not hit 25yrs yet. Just a guess.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by pinchanze
No,the point is the goverment has passed a law saying that your son or daughter is not allowed to eat cheesepuffs in school.

What?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!

When did this happen?
Please tell me it is not true!
Oh and considering this thread is about Michelle...when did the first lady get the power to write or pass bills?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost374

and how well has the govt schooling over the last hundred years gone?

you lack a brain capable of comlex thought... the comments you make cause everyone who reads them a little stupider...

you are too dumb to realize the road to tyranny is paved by pompous windbags like mrs obama..to actually consider allowing someone to dictate what one should eat..

god there are some dumb people on ats but you ARE THE FIRST DARWIN AWARD WINNER OF 2011.. you tard.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

No,the point is the goverment has passed a law saying that your son or daughter is not allowed to eat cheesepuffs in school.

What?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!

When did this happen?
Please tell me it is not true!
Oh and considering this thread is about Michelle...when did the first lady get the power to write or pass bills?

Okay okay it's not a law yet but soon will be. She will get her way. Sorry Sinnthia! just trying to make my point. But your kids will not be served snackbar foods like we used to get or will you be able to have bake sales on school grounds anymore among other food fundraisers.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog

you lack a brain capable of comlex thought... the comments you make cause everyone who reads them a little stupider...

you are too dumb to realize the road to tyranny is paved by pompous windbags like mrs obama..to actually consider allowing someone to dictate what one should eat..

god there are some dumb people on ats but you ARE THE FIRST DARWIN AWARD WINNER OF 2011.. you tard.

Thanks rebeldog! Someone with a backbone. Common sense folks, just common sense. Thats all it takes.
Hey rebeldog! look up Marshall McKluen. I was following him in the 60s Great quotes

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Okay okay it's not a law yet but soon will be.

What will be? The "law" you cited is not even what Michelle is recommending happen.

She will get her way.

Will she get her way or will some law be passed preventing you from sending your kid to school with a sack of cane sugar? Which is it? You seem confused.

Sorry Sinnthia! just trying to make my point.

Try harder.

But your kids will not be served snackbar foods like we used to get or will you be able to have bake sales on school grounds anymore among other food fundraisers.

My kids will eat whatever I or they choose to because I would not depend on the government to feed my kids. Get off the government teat and act like an Uhmerkin! Annee's ten year old grandkid can pack her own lunch but you cannot pack one for your kids? Stop expecting government run schools to feed your kids, commie!
edit on 5-1-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Words spelled wrong? Check.
Poor grammar? Check.
Personal attack on another poster's intelligence? Check.
In defense of Palin? Check.

Just curious, did you go to a public school or private one?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Okay okay it's not a law yet but soon will be.

What will be? The "law" you cited is not even what Michelle is recommending happen.

She will get her way.

Will she get her way or will some law be passed preventing you from sending your kid to school with a sack of cane sugar? Which is it? You seem confused.

Sorry Sinnthia! just trying to make my point.

Try harder.

But your kids will not be served snackbar foods like we used to get or will you be able to have bake sales on school grounds anymore among other food fundraisers.

My kids will eat whatever I or they choose to because I would not depend on the government to feed my kids. Get off the government teat and act like an Uhmerkin! Annee's ten year old grandkid can pack her own lunch but you cannot pack one for your kids? Stop expecting government run schools to feed your kids, commie!

OK Sinnthia!

Was not sure if it passed yet but,I was right all along. It did pass 12/13/2010. Sorry again!

Are you ready for this? I new it was something stupid sounding. The Health Hunger~Free Kids Act of 2010 LOL
Sorry I don't have a link but is not hard to find.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Poor grammar? Check.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

OK Sinnthia!

Was not sure if it passed yet but,I was right all along. It did pass 12/13/2010. Sorry again!

You are going to have to point me to the part that denies you the right to send your kid to school with cheese puffs. I cannot find it.

Are you ready for this? I new it was something stupid sounding. The Health Hunger~Free Kids Act of 2010 LOL
Sorry I don't have a link but is not hard to find.

Actually a law preventing you from sending your kids to school with cheese puffs is not just hard to find, it is impossible. None such exists.

If you want the school to feed your kids, they are going to eat what the school serves. Same rules apply at my house. You want your kids to eat cheese puffs, PACK A LUNCH!

ETA: Bonus points for anyone that can show me Michelle Obama passed any law, let alone the no cheese puffs in school law.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I dislike the indirect stereotyping of the OP. Clear cut post of bigotism. Some fact's are straight but are still disguised with racial references.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
She is actualy better than her Husband Barack at speaking.She does a real good job.I like her and Condoleeza Rice.

Oh i see this is a black woman thing?

Palin if anyone actualy paid attention and learned about her and watched her has alot of hard grit work about her.

Oh i paid attention and learned that she is a horrible mother, back water hick without a clue about much of anything. However she can read, from a teleprompter and ...umm well not much else. But hey she is sooooo friggin hot...well not really just better looking than her male counter parts. under all that foundation and mascara she might not look much better. I mean anyone can look attractive standing next to a 100 year old mummy, oh wait that's John.

Grit, If you mean you could use her as a sanding block then i agree. Too bad we cant just put her away in a tool box with the rest of the TOOLS, lock said tool box and lose the key.
edit on 5-1-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Poor grammar? Check.

Wow Sinnthia, a little rough on the reb there huh? I went to public schools. I went to a public university. I have terrible grammer. I went through 71/2 years of college with bad grammer and writing, You know the type medical doctors have. My professors were not interested in my grammer nor my writing skills. You see where i'm going with this? I build robots for a living and they don't seem to care either. Hell, I know people in Mensa and their grammer and punctuation is terrible. So whats your point!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

So whats your point!

That entire post was nothing but a personal attack on someone else's intelligence level. If that is what you are going to attack, it helps to at least appear somewhat intelligent yourself.

A poorly worded, formatted, written, and expressed personal insult in empty defense of Sarah Palin hardly fits the bill.

That would be my point.

Let me try to be even more clear. Typos happen, I am guilty. Spelling seems to get more and more difficult as time with autocorrect word processors eats away at my brain, I am guilty. Saying stupid things happens, I am guilty.

Now. If you are going to go to the effort to post in words on a forum about a subject that involves some reading skills and all you post is a personal insult about someone else's intelligence, you should just try and appear at least slightly intelligent yourself.

Further, I did not attack anyone but I asked a question. Since the attack post was in reference to the poor performance of public schools, I wondered what kind of school produced the writer of said post. It actually seemed relevant to the topic at hand to me. See, if the poster went to a private school and cannot write a coherent sentence, then their disparraging of public schools would seem a bit empty. If said poster was an example of the poor education one gets from public school then I have to question the assessment offered by someone who is a product of such. Since we are discussing public schools and what they can and cannot or should or should not do in context of Michelle Obama suggesting something and people equating it to a bill they just imagined, it seemed like a relevant question to ask.

Can you tell me what kind of school the other poster went to or not?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MITSwagger
I dislike the indirect stereotyping of the OP. Clear cut post of bigotism. Some fact's are straight but are still disguised with racial references.

It's the typical tea bagger rhetoric and spin, first thing they see is a black face inside they are screaming "OMG there goes the plantation" as if obama will bite the heads off chickens in the chicken coop next. Then usually responds OH I HAVE BLACK FRIENDS. Of course nobody asks if they know any black people but clearly see the sugar coated bigot agenda at play and usual to be expected cop out. I hate to use the word racist because that is more along the lines of an extreme hate and belief system, but clearly bigots. It is so hard for these bigots to admit they are bigots, they used the kenya birth certificate hoax for well over 2 years long after it was exposed as a hoax. It amazes me the absurd antics some of the folks use, obvious bigot is obvious bigot. Its a mixed bag of bigots and racists none the less, none of them are willing to admit they are bigots what are the odds?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

She is actualy better than her Husband Barack at speaking.She does a real good job.I like her and Condoleeza Rice.

Oh i see this is a black woman thing?

Palin if anyone actualy paid attention and learned about her and watched her has alot of hard grit work about her.

Oh i paid attention and learned that she is a horrible mother, back water hick without a clue about much of anything. However she can read, from a teleprompter and ...umm well not much else. But hey she is sooooo friggin hot...well not really just better looking than her male counter parts. under all that foundation and mascara she might not look much better. I mean anyone can look attractive standing next to a 100 year old mummy, oh wait that's John.

Grit, If you mean you could use her as a sanding block then i agree. Too bad we cant just put her away in a tool box with the rest of the TOOLS, lock said tool box and lose the key.

Okay

What makes Palin a horrible mother? "Back water hick without a clue". I was raised in the Mingo swamps of the ozark foothills. Am I a back water hick without a clue? no no no she doesn't read from a teleprompter thats Barrack..... Palin reads from notes on her hand. Get it right! Who are you trying to fool with that unknown soldier name. You never humped the boonies in your life. LOL

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by pinchanze

Let me try to really nail it down for you, ok? Please take no offense, this is not an attack on you or anyone else. This is just my observation of the thread as a whole.

Michelle Obama suggests that you feed your kids food that is good for them. She then suggests public schools provide food that is good for them.
Sarah Palin, potential presidential hopeful in 2012, comes out against Michelle Obama suggesting that public schools should have healthier menus.

We come here to ATS and add a little hysteria and from out of nowhere, Michelle Obama and the food bill are somehow linked. This confounds me as she had nothing to do with any bill. The first lady has no such power.

It just seems to me that if this is some liberal, big government, indoctrination bill then Sarah should be going after the bill and the people that wrote and passed it. Instead she targets the lady that suggested maybe your daughter not have a half dozen glazed donuts for lunch at school? You cannot dance diabetes off.

See, that kind of crystallizes it for me right there. While Palin was decrying the "liberal agenda" of sex education while pushing her morally superior "abstinence only" her own daughter was magically impregnated by some low life high school crush. All I can think is, Sarah protected her daughter from learning about condoms. That worked out well eh? Now she wants to protect her daughter from nutritious suggestions? Well, I hate to be caddy but Bristol can take that on the chin a couple of times. See what I am saying here? Sarah has not exactly been betting on wining horses here.

Then I see the partisan hatred is so thick that people immediately jump to Palin's defense in this thread about this topic which is nothing more than the first lady suggesting a good idea: Your kids should get healthy food.

Do we really want to fight that? Is everything in the US going so well now that we have the time and energy to lash out against suggesting our kids eat healthy food? I cannot wait to see the signs at the marches.

It is not bad enough that Michelle suggesting your kids have healthy lunches at school with a bill she had nothing to do with, people need to make things up. You have to claim the law will prevent your kids from eating cheese puffs in school. It will not. It may prevent the school from selling cheese puffs but you can send them to school with a 5 gallon drum full if you like. Why the hell should the public schools not be providing healthy meals again? Make thatargument.

The idea that anyone is going to control what you eat is insanity of the highest level when rightwingers get ahold of this crap. The argument being put forth is that you demand that the government feed your kids but they do not get to choose what to feed your kids. Why do you not just feed your own kids? You had them, you get your ass to Wal-mart and buy those cheese puffs. That is what we do here.

So then when I see something that look to me like this-

Sarah Palin is an idiot and crappy politician

followed by something resembling this

Nu uh! Palin be smart use pretty words much good thinking public schools make stupid! gar gar gar gar

I think to myself - that is it right there. That encapsulates the argument completely. It was a great summary and I thought it looked nice as a bookend to the idea that Palin supporters should all be taken so seriously.

Look at it with me, please?

PersonA: Public schools are a disgrace to this country. Michelle Obama is dead wrong on this and Sarah Palin knows what she is saying.
PersonB: Why do you say public schools suck?
PersonA: Because all they do is indoctrinate you to be a brainless liberal and hamper critical thinking. They just pump out stupid people, believe me I know. I went to a public school.
PersonB: Then wouldn't that make you too stupid to make that call?

Yeah, so Michelle thinks that if you are too lazy to feed your kids and they are too dependant to feed themselves, schools should probably have stuff that is good for them on hand instead of cheap crap.
Sarah Palin thinks that is a bad idea?

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join