It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explorers Discover Spectacular Cave in Vietnam!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

----------------------------
That was awesome! Thanks for sharing! At the linked site, if you click on the picture, it does show 8 views of the cave...
And thanks to Moose for the extra pictures...those cave pearls were amazing!
edit on 3-1-2011 by Habit4ming because: To thank another poster for adding additional information

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I would love to explore a cave like this,

I have done some splunking before there are a few nice caves here in Indiana where i am from. Also while in Boy Scouts I became quite good at climbing both free and teathered climbs.

Wonder what it would cost to go exploring in this cave for a month or two?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleIndianJr.

That's where I'm from
Well, I would assume a few thousand depending on transportation and the equipment you already have...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Nice, I never meet people from IN

And yeah
a few thousand was my guess as well so maybe when i win the lottery I'll check it out

Have you ever been to Mammoth or Squire Boone caves? they are my favs lol

The first time i went splunking was at Squire Boone and i got myself stuck for like 45 mins

Was not happy about that one

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I don't know if anyone pointed this out yet but there is a nice pictorial and write up on this in the current (January 2011) issue of National Geographic. It is an incredible find, very beautiful and so far unspoiled. It will be a shame if they don't protect it and it turns into a tourist trap.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by innervision0730
I wish they had some pictures..I will research a little and see if I can find any. I would LOVE to see what it looks like inside.

National Geographic Magazine January 2011 pages 104-125.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
This is some awesome news, even tho they just released the info to the public, I have heard of similar caves in other parts of the world, many having strange or out of the place fauna living inside, a similar cave system was found in mexico, said to contain dinosaurs, but info just started disappearing until nothing was left of the case nowhere, I have a friend who works for some "fringe" magazines and every now and the a cave is found and the discovery heavily censored, it does happen, archaeologists have found things that we cant even imagine, some of the top tier technocrats dont are not keen on rewriting some of the founding pillars of our current paradigm...

btw OP, check this other huge cave, this one is a lot nearer to the US, and one can actually visit it if so desired!
Cellar of the swallows
in the wackypedia

one day we will know if something other really exists in the deepest corners of the planet we just seem to like believeing that we know and have explored everything the planet has to offer, but we dont, it still holds plenty of surprises...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
WOW. Incredible!

Makes you wonder how many things are possible that science doesn't know about! It's own weather system? This is extremely fascinating.

I have no doubt that there are/were secret underground communities.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
if interested just go to google and look for images and type hang san doong all the pics will show up this is amazing going to vietnam later this year hopefully i can go and view this awesome wonder

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Nice post. I think I read somewhere, or heard an account about a team of army Rangers during Vietnam. It began with U.S. tunnel rats being summoned to an area where VC tunnels were suspected to exist. The rats discovered several entrances to a large complex of VC-created tunnels complete with surgical rooms, armories, weapons and explosives caches, supplies, conference rooms, sleeping quarters and lots of deadly traps (seven soldiers died from the elaborate traps employing sharpened bamboo shoots dipped in human waste, poisonous snakes and scorpions, broken glass, and trip-wired hand grenades).

They navigated through the darkness with flashlights and fought into VC positions deep in the tunnel complex. This turned out to be a pretty big job, and they couldn't allow the VC to retain control of these tunnels, so back-up was called for in the form of Green Berets ---Special Forces teams.

With the aid of these SF guys, the tunnel fight was going well for the U.S. One particular tunnel opened into natural caves. Following a trail of blood, it was suspected that some VC escaped into this natural complex. Before setting off explosives to seal this exit route, the SF guys decided to conduct a short recon mission.

This lead to the discovery of a system of *enormous* caverns that were large enough to house the island of Manhattan and its tall buildings (estimated by two of the SF guys who grew up in NYC; circa 1969 dimensions; from reports of the SF team(s)). Huge mushrooms, walls covered by a bioluminescent moss, strange plants resembling 30ft-tall asparagus tipped with bioluminescent crystals abounded in this weird underworld.

It gets weird from here, and evokes some of the stories told by the Chilean miners... Reptillian humanoids (a.k.a. "reptoids") descended from sharp ledges and attacked the SF team(s). They fought back in a textbook retreat. Several "forward thinkers" also brought back several reptoid bodies as proof of the encounter.

At the debriefing, one of the SF soldiers was astonished that the CIA agents seemed to accept their "story" without surprise or shock. Apparently, the CIA and other clandestine branches of the U.S. government were already aware of the existence of reptillian humanoid lifeforms from "other encounters elsewhere."

Of course, this could all be just some fanciful yarn told by SF guys who wanted to have some fun at public expense. Marijuana and other state-altering substances were also popular with soldiers during the Vietnam War --an escape from the daily horror of jungle warfare. Also, combat stress might have caused a mass hallucination on the SF teams during the tunnel fight.

However, according to the story, all soldiers involved were made to sign a non-disclosure agreement, as well as the CBS reporter who followed them into that subterranean horror story. Still, whatever happened seems to have impacted many of the SF soldiers involved, as they apparently got the same (or similar) tatoos of reptillian humanoid monsters on numerous parts of their bodies. Most, if not all of them have passed from exposure to Agent Orange (or whatever toxic stews were sprayed into the jungle). In Special Operations circles, apparently it is said that they still engage reptoids to this day. Many noted investigators/non-fiction authors have told of accounts of special ops (including British SAS) delving deep into caves in Mexico. It's very odd.

Further, perhaps this was the birth of contrail spraying... to keep the reptoids at bay during the Vietnam War...

Thanks for the post and all the thoughts it generated!
edit on 4-1-2011 by GhostLancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

Do you write story lines for a living or something? That sounded awesome and would make for a cool movie

Oh.. you were being serious.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by plexus

Do you write story lines for a living or something? That sounded awesome and would make for a cool movie

Oh.. you were being serious.

--I'll take that as a compliment. I've just read a lot of books on "weird" things and "fringe" topics. I've enjoyed countless threads here on ATS and have seen many documentaries, taking notes here and there in a beat-up composition book. And, I happened to have met quite a few military folks, --and I like to talk to them. If you can ever get into a VFW or American Legion hall and share a beer or four with some of those old, salty dogs... you're bound to hear stuff that never made it into official accounts, the nightly news or history books. The true secrets can be heard from the veterans of past wars. Really, really *bizarre* stuff was told to them, and they pass it on. Plus, more of them than you might imagine personally experienced really, really *bizarre* stuff. They are usually reluctant to talk of these things if they sense you're not taking them seriously. But, if you're genuine and sincere, they open up and share.

Next Veteran's Day, maybe go to a parade or a graveyard ceremony... and pay attention to the older guys... and maybe discreetly, ---honorably--- engage in conversation. Or better yet, visit a Veteran's Hospital just to talk with them. Not only does it mean the world to them, but you'll get peeks and insights into times past, personal accounts of their heroic contribution to our safety, our country.

And, just every now and then, about as common as a UFO sighting (or perhaps slightly more common), you'll get nuggets of juicy stuff...
Cheers...
edit on 4-1-2011 by GhostLancer because: Typo, damn typos!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
It was a compliment but me being silly at the same time,

I'm not afraid to admit that I still don't fully know where my beliefs lay, and you're right.. stories told around a cold beer or from someone of age carry some substance, I mean.. Why would you make something like that up? It just depends how deep down the rabbit hole you're willing to go for the truth.. the myths and legends we hold so dear today have their roots deep in prehistory, I guess it's kind of like Chinese whispers.

I always love a good mystery, i love debunking them too.. But there is a big part of me that wakes up every morning hoping that I will witness a spectacular and awe inspiring moment of human history in my lifetime.

Good stuff, stars for you for invoking what i really feel deep inside.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Very awesome indeed! Thanks for sharing.

These pictures remind me of another thread that was around not long ago (busy at the moment, I'll try and find it later); I actually had one of the pictures as my desktop background for a while - the people standing in caves such as the one in the OP's link look so tiny - it's just awesome what things we have yet to discover on our own planet (and what things are being kept from us).

Maybe one day a discovery will be made and shared before it's taken away from the public eye by the government and we'll see something even more astonishing than these sort of caves (but I still think this is a highly amazing find and I applaud those who went to take a look at such a huge place to give us all a first hand look).

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Here's an animation view of the cave:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
That's so amazingly beautiful ! Wonder what they gonna find there?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Very interesting account if true , I seem to remember a similar one from a way back (not good enough to write down but good enough to see similarities in both stories ) . I always wondered why do we assume that all living has to be done on the surface of the planet , I mean the globe is enormous , so why assume that only the outer crust/surface (I would say the most dangerous place on the whole planet due to cosmic weather) can be inhabited by living organisms ?

Gigantic caverns below our surface can hold a whole range of new species of flora and fauna , and I would not be to surprised if at least one of those under-dwellers developed higher intelligence . That is why I do not dismiss the accounts of hollow earth theory , because those explorers might have stumbled across an enormous cavern that hold such species , and being that the cavern was so gigantic that they did not see all the walls , they naturally might have assumed that the earth is hollow ..

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

How does this support the theory of hollow earth at all? Now correct me if im wrong but the hollow earth is about an environment inside our planet, this is an environment in a cave on or very near the surface... I just do not understand your logic.

I really cant stand the theory to be honest, its just filled with holes and seems very unrealistic..

As to the OP this is great, I would love to research that place for the species dwelling there. Just shows mother nature will survive anywhere it can.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I recently visited some caves in halong bay, vietnam and they were huge!! beautiful as well. I can't imagine how spectacular these must be.

Seems like there may be lots of interesting geological things going on there. Doesn't surpise me all of SE Asia is amazingly beautiful with all of it's rock formations, caves, coastlines, jungles, temple ruins etc etc.

Re cu cin tunnels - two months ago I visited cu cin tunnels, just outside of hcmc. It wasn't the VC who won the war for the vietnamese in the area, it was these clever little buggers that set up and worked the tunnels, ie the local farmers and their families (in conjunction with VC), guerilla warfare at it's ingenious best. Amazing stuff, worth a read and/or visit.

edit on 4-1-2011 by izero because: modified off topic comment.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Thanks for the link...never imagined caves like that. At first, I wondered how sunlight came in but it was explained there was a "roof" collapse to let in light and let stuff grow. I'd hate for someone to stumble into one of those shafts!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join