It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explorers Discover Spectacular Cave in Vietnam!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by innervision0730
I wish they had some pictures..I will research a little and see if I can find any. I would LOVE to see what it looks like inside.

If your in the UK it was aired on the Nat Geo channel here between Christmas and New Year. They did a 7 day expidition that streched 16miles. The cave is the biggest in the world that has been discovered but it was already mapped. It had its own "Garden of Eden", which was a collapsed part of the roof of the cave, the jungle was growing 400 mtrs beneath ground level, surrounded by cliffs. There were no new species of animal or plant life discovered, only original plants that had "evolved".

The espisode was fantastic...i suggest all of you watch it, it truely was awe inspiring to see.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I would personally like to see people start inhabiting these places with Emission free technology whilst still using certain technologies that keep them in contact with the outside world.
kind of a Natural "Bio-Dome" of sorts.
no doubt it might be a challenge.
but thats what we need.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Its great to see that we as humans are taking an interest i the cave networks on our earth. The understanding of these is fital not only to the wellbeing of the earth, but also as a mean of escame and shelter should the worst come to pass. I think people should explore the caves surrounding them, you never know what you might find.
Credo Mutwa told of the African legend where a group of woman trapped in a cave by a ruthless female demi-god finds a round rock infront of an opening which subsequently leads them to middle earth.
Heck, some believe that there are tunnels connecting entire continents. These are the ancient highways of the earth. We should seek them out, map them and invite the world.
get the scientists working on cave gps technology. Chop chop.
Nice find girl.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Whoa awesome pics so far, huge cave. I wish i could go down into one of them caves, definitely one for the bucket list, what an adventure it would be eh?

Great find nice one

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing OP.

Originally posted by NeoAstra
I would personally like to see people start inhabiting these places with Emission free technology whilst still using certain technologies that keep them in contact with the outside world.
kind of a Natural "Bio-Dome" of sorts.
no doubt it might be a challenge.
but thats what we need.

If you hear anything let me know. I'll sign up for that.

I wanna go look for my own hole now

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

Originally posted by innervision0730
I wish they had some pictures..I will research a little and see if I can find any. I would LOVE to see what it looks like inside.

If your in the UK it was aired on the Nat Geo channel here between Christmas and New Year. They did a 7 day expidition that streched 16miles. The cave is the biggest in the world that has been discovered but it was already mapped. It had its own "Garden of Eden", which was a collapsed part of the roof of the cave, the jungle was growing 400 mtrs beneath ground level, surrounded by cliffs. There were no new species of animal or plant life discovered, only original plants that had "evolved".

The espisode was fantastic...i suggest all of you watch it, it truely was awe inspiring to see.

Yeah I watched that program, was amazing! One of the best I've seen in long time, I was stunned when they were watching it and came across the "Garden of Eden" part truly amazing, I would love to visit that place, and the flowing river at the beginning was shocking! I couldn't believe its power

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
great find op, i wonder if they have discovered any thing by now? artifacts, ruins or animals? again, awesome find!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
If i wasn't poor and a single parent I'd totally be there! Lol. I love going to the caves around my neck of the woods. They are nothing spectacular, but it's still a lot of fun

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

yep, its an amazing find, and, considering how many scientists are actually predicting a new ice age, we might all have to find such a place to live. Also, yes, it does support the hollow earth theory. It's finally hit me how much about earth remains completely unexplored..there are parts of the ocean floor that no one has even seen, for instance. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there are people living closer to the earth's core.

edit on 4-1-2011 by dragonseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Is this the same cave I heard about earlier that 'had its own cloud system' because it was so huge? or is this a new one? if it is we now have two completely mamoth caves with their own cloud systems that could end up like national parks or protect forest that I could visit one day
awesome. Thanks for the thread

-B.M

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
its interesting also how at the end of the 8 photo slideshow of the cave, the last photo was the next geographic magazine with the headline "Population:7 Billion, how the world will change"
hopefully it won't mean we'll all end up in caves...

-B.M

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10

And you always get shot down when you mention hollow earth theory?
How?....can hollow earth be ruled out?

Oh please! It's not shooting you down it's waking you up!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Wow that looks cool..

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerAllAround

For anyone really interested in the Underground, the best show that probably comes close is this

Finished at the end of Season 3, can be found easily on line if you look hard enough.. And it's international, some spectacular and awesome locations which really give you an idea of just how far things can reach underneath us.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I wonder how many locals knew about this discovery?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
That really is awesome. So wish I could see it for myself. I once found this old lava tube cave on Hawaii, had all these really alien looking plants and such growing inside, like something out of a fairly tale. I kept expecting to see gnomes popping out from around the next bend. I really think that there are places we have yet to discover that hold life forms modern science knows nothing about.

I have a friend who bribed his way into the crystal caves they found in Mexico last year. Said it was hotter than summertime in Hell, and he wasn't able to stay in there for very long, but that the crystals growing there were like nothing he could have ever imagined. If I had the money, I'd probably spend the rest of my life spelunking and checking out places like this. Interesting world we live in.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I guess the hollow earth hypotheses can be tied into this to ehh wow a cave with its own clouds!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Sorry to add nothing to this thread, but, amazing! Freaking amazing! That's totally Journey to the Center of the Earth material.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by stargazer88

When i see things like that cave it makes Swiss Cheese theory more plausible than Hollow Earth.. I could imagine layers and layers of these networks of massive cave and tunnel systems.. still supported by natural geology, but to imply there is an entire hollow layer of earth supported by nothing is a bit silly

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
How is the world is there light in a cave? Every cave that I've every been in was completely dark. Anyone every been a cave with light? Please explain.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join