It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explorers Discover Spectacular Cave in Vietnam!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+54 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This newly discovered cave was found by husband and wife cavers. This may be the worlds largest! It is located in Annimite Moutains and within it contains a river, it's own thin clouds and a jungle. It is completely out of sight. This cave is big enough in places to accomodate a New York city block of skyscrapers! This is amazing! I wonder what types of uknown animals they will discover.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
That is astonishing, sometimes all one can do is stand back in awe of mother nature. I have been to Carlsbad Caverns in NM a couple of times. It is truly an awe inspiring place.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
my dad told me of how the veitnamese used a massive network of manmade and natural caves to move around (during the war).

I imagine what is underneath is just as interesting as what is above ground around there.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
That is so cool!!!!!

2nd

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

And you always get shot down when you mention hollow earth theory?
How?....can hollow earth be ruled out?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I hope they find many new undiscovered species down there!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

What?
I have no idea what your talking about..

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I wish they had some pictures..I will research a little and see if I can find any. I would LOVE to see what it looks like inside.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10

And you always get shot down when you mention hollow earth theory?
How?....can hollow earth be ruled out?

I hear You , this find was precisely what I used to back up my version of hollow earth theory (not hollow as a baloon , but gigantic caves that could hold an entire city/population) in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... .

Back on topic , this is a great discovery ,and I would love to be able to go down there , just imagine the view
I wonder what cool new spiecies of animals we might discover living in that mini jungle
?

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Umm and what exactly did Your post contribute to the topic
? Also it seems You have lost Your ats moderator tag , because I do not see it on Your profile ....

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thill
reply to post by seedofchucky

Umm and what exactly did Your post contribute to the topic
? Also it seems You have lost Your ats moderator tag , because I do not see it on Your profile ....

It helps the poor child with "2nd" .

I see you have lost your way also .

google.maps.ca

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Great find OP ! , They look fascinating, Cant quite believe the size they look massive !
Amazing that there is still so much still to be discovered on our wee planet !

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyBhoy

Great find OP ! , They look fascinating, Cant quite believe the size they look massive !
Amazing that there is still so much still to be discovered on our wee planet !

It reminds me of a quote from a song (no idea what song it was thou) , we know more about the vastness space than we know about our own planet
. Well at least we think we do

edit on 3/1/11 by Thill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

They are beautiful photos...my Mum subscribes, I think I'll nick that issue, I have a growing collection of cave pictures on my bedroom wall, though so far only ones that had been inhabited by humans...these ones I don't think were by the looks of it...I haven't read the article yet, so only judging from the photographs. Thank you for posting the link.

Originally posted by SaturnFX
my dad told me of how the veitnamese used a massive network of manmade and natural caves to move around (during the war).

I think what your Dad may be referring to, though I may be wrong, the 'Rat Runs'. These were networks of tunnels, man made, that the Vietnamese dug as a means of moving behind the enemy or for just leaping out of the ground unexpectedly, as well as for just moving around or meeting in secret. They were very effectively used I am sure remember reading, and some I think are still found intact, or partly intact, I should imagine they are a tourist feature these days. But they were a resourceful bunch, I would presume they made good use of natural features too.
edit on 3-1-2011 by KilgoreTrout because: too much imagining

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

innervision0730[

Go on to your link and there are 8 pictures on the article....

I'm guessing more will follow...

I would love to go but after watching the film Descent , I would be a little un-nerved if the cave got to a pinch point !!

Regards

PDUK

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky

Originally posted by ANOMALY502
That is so cool!!!!!

2nd

Do you ever read the text right above reply ?

"No 1-Liners: Please do not create minimal "me too," "I agree," or similar very-short replies. (Adding "second line" to short comments doesn't count.)

No Big-Quotes: Please edit-down posts you quote to just the important parts as it greatly improves the readability of your response.

No Shorthand: Please do not use "txting" shorthand in your posts, this is an international site and many people may not understand your post.

Respect: Give credit where credit is due, please do not paste entire pieces content from other sites, privide a short salient snippet and link to the source.

State Your Case: If you're posting links to other sites or videos, please include your commentary on how the video is relevant to the discussion."

Back to your hole you go sparky

Will someone in authority please note that seedofchucky would really, really like to be a mod...any kind of attention will probably do for him/her. Maybe this helped.

Do the rules state anything about staying on topic, SOC? I haven't read them all I admit.

On Topic: OP, I think there are some pics at the link from inside the cave system. Great find. A thin layer of clouds? Wow, I might just have to look into that hollow earth theory after all

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I understand what you were saying now that I researched the theory. I agree

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Thanks guys for letting me know where they were. I didnt realize I had to click on the pic to see them. Hopefully more will come soon..

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

For some reason I have been posting some stories and searching ATS to make sure they were not on here already. Only to find out after the fact it has already been posted. I thought for sure I was the first one to post this incredible story here. Anyhow, you asked for more pictures. you can find them at my thread. I will try and be more investigative before I post

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 3-1-2011 by Moose318 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join