It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explorers Discover Spectacular Cave in Vietnam!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Moose318

Awesome! Thank you for the link! Its not a big deal, I really dont care about double posts. I just post interesting things for people to see.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I am with on on that outlook, but I am sure I will offend someone on here, with something. Truly remarkable place. Makes me forget about all the negativeness in this world today.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Yeah well thats their problem lol You did more research and found amazing pictures. Saves me time anyhow lol

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Thank you for linking to your thread...I love the interactive river cave linky... It reminds me of those sixties/seventies films like the Land that Time Forgot, the special effects were always crap (lizards with fins stuck on them to make them look like Scelidosaurus'), but you could ignore that, the concept was just too appealing not to...no dinosaurs in these caves though, so far at least, I'm thinking more insect species, big transparent and colourless with many legs no doubt...which means that in reality, pathetically, I would be unlikely to ever go near the place without a Tungsten lamp, but am very glad others have done so so that I can still enjoy the marvel. Photography; a wonderful invention for the curious and unintrepid amongst us.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
What a fantastic find

Makes you wonder how many of these there are on (below) earth?

I wonder how deep life and flora and fauna can be sustained?

Really makes you wonder....

Awesome pics too

Here's the gallery

ngm.nationalgeographic.com...
edit on 3/1/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
ngm.nationalgeographic.com...

Heres the link to the photos from moose!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

Masqua the super moderator closed my post. Make sure you switch the links over

Ha! you got it already..cool
edit on 3-1-2011 by Moose318 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I downloaded a documentary that aired just before christmas on this, the still photos don't do it justice..

I believe it's called National Geographic - World's Biggest Cave

But contrary to what others have suggested, it does have an end. They reach the end in the documentary.

The system just manages to scrape in for the title of worlds largest in vertical height and overall length.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky

Originally posted by ANOMALY502
That is so cool!!!!!

2nd

Do you ever read the text right above reply ?

"No 1-Liners: Please do not create minimal "me too," "I agree," or similar very-short replies. (Adding "second line" to short comments doesn't count.)

No Big-Quotes: Please edit-down posts you quote to just the important parts as it greatly improves the readability of your response.

No Shorthand: Please do not use "txting" shorthand in your posts, this is an international site and many people may not understand your post.

Respect: Give credit where credit is due, please do not paste entire pieces content from other sites, privide a short salient snippet and link to the source.

State Your Case: If you're posting links to other sites or videos, please include your commentary on how the video is relevant to the discussion."

Back to your hole you go sparky

quit being such a baby

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

HA you still think your a mod thats unreal. just keep on trucking!

This place looks amazeing id love to visit it sometime. Is it open to the public?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by spungy

I don't see why it wouldnt. Im not sure how it plays legally though. I've been really thinking hard on exploring it myself this summer.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Yeah I would love to go to south East Asia. It summer down there now I think.. I wonder what the weather is like in May or June. I say it would be through a big jungle. Has it only been discovered?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by spungy

Son Doong (Mountain River Cave) was first discovered in 1991 by a local, but wasn't publicly revealed until explorations could take place in 2009, the documentary i suggested is the result of the first expeditions.

I doubt it will be open for public inspection any time in the next 5 years, more expeditions are planned with other local and international study groups. The main thing being that you aren't able to even enter the cave system without a experienced knowledge of abseiling/rock climbing.

I would say that after some more studies are under taken that the local tourism industry would boom over being able to put some kind of infrastructure into the cave to allow people to take a tour, big draw card considering it is now officially the worlds biggest.

The biggest chamber of Son Doong is over five kilometers in length, 200 meters high and 150 meters wide.

Easily enough space to house 6 or more statues of liberty standing in a line.

edit on 3-1-2011 by plexus because: spelling

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by plexus

It's been done before...But yes, it would require experience. I would suggest training a bit before exploring it. I plan on getting back into the groove of climbing again and train a bit before going.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

How amazing! Beautiful! Astounding! ...It's own weather system! Jungles!

I want to live there!!!

Thank you so much for sharing and posting this. What a marvelous incredible world it is that we are destroying.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I think you're refering to Cu Chi (name of that county) tunnel, a network of handmade tunnel with radius of 25 km. I lived 20 miles from that place. Pretty impressive even for us locals.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
There are several caves like this newfound (not as big, not that I know of) in Nha Trang and Vinh Ha Long.....I've taken few trips there...pretty cool.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by plexus

Its amazing that this place wasn’t found during the war. It must be pretty remote. I’m sure you could visit if you had the means to get there. I don’t think it would be an easy task but it would be some experience.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
wow just wow

and it certainly reminds one of mascons

KT mentioned old series/films, I agree, those weird coppery greens

edit on 3-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: momentarily fastidious about punctuation

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
this place should be declared a world heritage site no doubt

I hope they find some of those Hobbits in there or some mini Dinos ! how cool would that be?!

seriously there could be anything from El Dorado to Shambala in a place like this !
God I wanna go there..before BP finds it

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join