It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain just had an Earthquake

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

What do you mean its nothing new?! the last earthquake 2 years ago!

It doesnt happen often!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

I agree, there is definatly something going down with this planet, I am 48, and it's 'wierd', every day is big news. It's just nice to be here witnessing it.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Well,if a big Earthquakes hits middle Europe far away on any Fault Lines,than we know for certain

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Dammit sat here in a North Yorkshire and didn't feel a thing ... just mentioned it on the local 10pm news and confirmed it was 3.7mag.

Woody

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Strange - I don't see a fault-line there.

And the epicenter (even though it says the quake was miles down) is dead smack in the middle of this building:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4352c7b73ed5.jpg[/atsimg]

Which is some kind of asphalt depot or something:

(Right click and click "View image/picture")

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d062da9704ca.jpg[/atsimg]

Weird...
edit on 1/3/2011 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Aye i just called my parents over in Helmsley Woody, They didnt feel a thing either, Im over at a freinds in york at the minute, Quite a lot of us felt it here

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Good find pal

Ayee that is a bit strange...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by tommyjo

It doesnt happen often!

Fair point but there were a lot in December

www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by benintheuk

Ive heard that line thrown in so many times to shift focus away from the earthquakes, making it sound like they happen everyday? Sorry not buying that bs one minute longer theyre not normal and regular like some have said, going off bs charts that are put together by the ones taking the piss, has no one realised that its bull# yet? Look at the news coverage regarding the birds? Explanation?? well one of them.....heart attacks? The only way i would believe that is if when they popped above the clouds they seen Niburu.

We had one here in the NE last year and the 2 weve had this fortnight. Be interesting to do a poll. How many quakes did you actually feel? That should be interesting

Hail and ice weighing up to 50kg?

Massive changes ahead, we in the uk need to prepare for severe weather, dont think quakes is our down fall. Our test will be ice, floods, water shortages and being gridlocked.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I'm not trying to shift the focus mate, At the end of the day we are all floating on a shed load of molten rock and metal so at some point the continental plates are bound to pass over some cooler/harder areas causing small quakes etc.
I'm no scientist thou thats just an educated guess.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Awwww naw , Just looked out the window and the snows started ! , I think you are spot on there, How badly did the UK cope with the last downfall ?. Gridlocked roads,Food supplies issues, Water problems, Power problems, And i reckon if we get the same conditions we will be back to square 1 !

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

reply to post by woodwytch

Aye i just called my parents over in Helmsley Woody, They didnt feel a thing either, Im over at a freinds in york at the minute, Quite a lot of us felt it here

Well I'm literally down the road in Kirkbymoorside ... but it seems weird don't you think that the epicentre was in the North Sea and yet we didn't feel it here across the moors but it was felt further inland in York and Leeds ... very strange.

Even my dog didn't react and she's extremely sensitive to things like this and thunder long before it happens.

Woody

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Im surprised that no one has mentioned HAARP yet, was probably that which caused the quake!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
relax relax... it's the aftershock from the celebrations of january 3rd 2010. Leeds beat Manchester United in the cup and their was a heck of a party... probably been delayed for a year.

Seriously, I live 20 miles away from Leeds and I've felt nothing...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynic

I don't know if the world will be at an end if the Leafs take the cup, but for sure...hell will have frozen over...LOL

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

reply to post by tommyjo

It doesnt happen often!

It doesn't happen everyday at those magnitudes, correct, but it does occur. The last one of any great magnitude before this one was in Cumbria just before Xmas.

See the occurrence in magnitude in the UK.

According to some posters on the thread the sky is now falling and we are all doomed. The thread will die a natural death and nothing will have changed as a result of these minor earth quakes.

TJ

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Adono86

Either that or the Ongoing and still continuing party from Celtic tanning Rangers on the 2nd !
Funny how some have felt and others closer to the epicentre have not !

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
i'm in north yorkshire and didnt feel a thing. the uk has a decent amount of mini-quakes, nothing to worry about i dont think.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Meteoroids due tonight! i remember a tremor back in the 70's in cumbria, our plates shimmied across the table and it sounded like bad thunder!

its a rare occassion..

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
If you felt the quake you should fill in the Felt report Here

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join