It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain just had an Earthquake

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Magnitude 3.7
Date-Time Monday, January 03, 2011 at 21:03:14 UTC
Monday, January 03, 2011 at 09:03:14 PM at epicenter

Location 53.767°N, 1.508°W
Depth 10 km (6.2 miles) set by location program
Region ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
Distances NEAR Leeds, England, UK
45 km (30 miles) N of Sheffield, England, UK
55 km (35 miles) ENE of Manchester, England, UK
270 km (165 miles) NNW of LONDON, United Kingdom

Location Uncertainty Error estimate not available
Parameters NST= 3, Nph= 3, Dmin=115.5 km, Rmss=0 sec, Gp=205°,
M-type=local magnitude (ML), Version=5
Source CEA Lab. de Détection et de Géophysique, Bruyères-le-Châtel, France

Event ID us2011frb5

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It's being reported as a 3.7 at a depth of 10 km. Posted on USGS website.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Yeah i saw that breaking news on Sky news earlier !
Didn't Seem to be felt up here in Sunny Scotland

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

Not that often, in the last month, 9.
In East Anglia we have had 5.5 etc and can feel any from the North Sea. Dogs and cats go mad though as do the birds. We also get tornadoes. In Norfolk we call them Henrys. They are not long lasting or wide, more like a pointy finger, but they can easily remove a roof or uproot an oaktree.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Thats getting a little freaky now...if i remember right,there were alot of Earthquakes lately around 10km depth...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

10 km is a program default set. They will most likely adjust that after review.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
And just got the notification now. I think everything had gone to sleep.
To be serious, we have had a few more than usual over the last month.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
From what I remember my old geology teacher told me years ago back in my school days there is a massive area of granite under the uk which shifts from time to time and causes a lot of our earthquakes.
I could be wrong thou

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Hmmmmmm,,,toilet tremors. You GOTTA stay away from those refried bean burritos.

Sorry, just couldn't help myself...LOL

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
something wierd here? You sure it was an Earthquake, the witness on sky news (now) if you watch it heard the noise getting louder?Sounded like shannooks and had to look outside to see what was going on? surely you would feel it in your own house? Also has anyone seen the area? I thought that from the epicenter it ripples out?
So how is it that sky news were saying they think the epicenter was north sea, im north east and didnt feel a thing. However my dogs are acting wierd.
i think that this www.climatechangedispatch.com... is part of whats to blame here. The recent balloon crash in the uk, airliner crashes in russia, capsizing boats, submarines running aground, birds dropping out of the sky all way too much to be still labelled coincidences now.
You really have to watch and more importantly listen to every word on sky news... its ridiculous, and the weather on sky news too, look at the 2 perfect circles in the cloud that last the whole duration? wtf hows that work?
And then theres this little peach
All predictions that i believe are on coming true right now.
______beforeitsnews/story/337/497/UK_Guardian_has_20_predictions_for_the_next_25_years_from_different_experts.html

My opinion is that considering the quad meteor shower in the early hours and the fact that we will be in amongst it so to speak also throw in an eclipse and id say it feels to me that its going to be very eventful this week or 2.

could a quake be caused by a meteorite? silly question, also i believe theres going to be a massive avalanche too, so if you know anyone out there on the slopes........
This next freeze is going to cause chaos with water supply.
I believe that the Big Quake thats due
may be in labour.
edit on 3-1-2011 by jazz10 because: add

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Come to think of it my dog has been very strange and still is a bit strange now.
edit on 3-1-2011 by benintheuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

The Leafs won another hockey game. If they take the Cup this year, the world is finished.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
For a country that is not normally a victim of quakes, there has certainly been an upturn in the frequency of late. I am sure that there a those that will be make theories concerning 'Assange/Wikileaks and US pressure on the UK'. I do not, myself, have a theory but it it interesting none the less.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
There was one in Cumbria only a couple of weeks ago actually. We do get them in the UK, I've felt a couple myself over the years with one waking us up, but I didn't think we'd get 2 in a space of 2 weeks.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
How many Natural Disasters did we have just the last 2 or 3 Weeks? I think we just need a Volcano and a Meteoroid/Asteroid and we got everything covered...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
How far from the bbc was the epicenter?

Just wondering.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
And here I was thinking that if TSHTF in 2012 at least Britain shouldn't be affected by quakes! Think its time I bought my bunker!

Bunkers For Sale

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Yeah deffo a quake, it has just been reported on BBC news. Cumbria 2 weeks ago, now this. Weird. But, earthquakes are meant to increase in unusual places during the final days i understand. Lets see what happens.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Extreme Pilgrim

These are nothing new. Some 200-300 are recorded every year in the UK. The largest tremor for some time was in February 2008. I was up at the time and it shook my house in Lincolnshire.

news.bbc.co.uk...

TJ

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Yeah its nothing out of the norm. Its like how the uk has amongst th highest nnumber of tornados anywhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join