It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tetanus Vaccine

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
OK i saw some comments about eugenics being used to weed out the weak in a population. True it is a natural order for things to die due poor genes or injuries. However to say that we as in humans would of had enough technology to develop and distribute diseases throughout the land secretly and then create a vaccine for it. If you believe that then you believe that the secret people would give FDR polio and had Jonas Salk in their pocket. Viruses ebb and flow which is why they pop up suddenly and then disappear suddenly. TB isn't a problem in America but it is in Russian prisons because of compromised immune systems. microbewiki.kenyon.edu...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa

Originally posted by RRokkyy
One in 55 males now get autism after being vaccinated,one in 100 people get schizophrenia.

Both of these statistics are false. Simple logic, as well as a reasonable level of common sense, would tell you that.
edit on 1/4/2011 by VneZonyDostupa because: (no reason given)

Schizophrenia * Approximately 2.4 million American adults, or about 1.1 percent of the population age 18 and older in a given year,11, 2 have schizophrenia. * Schizophrenia affects men and women with equal frequency.12 * Schizophrenia often first appears in men in their late teens or early twenties. In contrast, women are generally affected in their twenties or early thirties.12

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Missing Blue Sky

It is rare BECAUSE of the vaccines!

Rabies is very rare in people as well, but one door over from me is a kid that just got a round of shots this past summer, because he was bitten by a rabid raccoon!

Vaccines are sometimes just a scam.
How do you explain that CATS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO BE VACCINATED AGAINST RABIES while dogs are.
Cats are far better hunters and are much more likely to come in contact with a rabid rat or other critter than a dog.
I have read that rabies shots for dogs is what helps keep vets in business.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

You need to go back to your basic statistics class. You stated that "1 in 100 get schizophrenia". This means you are suggesting that for every child born, one out of one hundred will develop it (this is called incidence). However, what the stats you quoted clearly state is that about one in one hundred CURRENTLY HAVE schizophrenia (this is called prevalence). An incidence rate of 1/100 does not translate to a prevalence of 1/100, nor does it work the other way around. There is a big difference between incidence and prevalence. Look them up.
edit on 1/4/2011 by VneZonyDostupa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

Cats do need Rabies shots, maybe you are just thinking of "indoor cats."

There is some debate about whether or not dogs and cats need the shot every year, or every few years, but there is no doubt that they all need the shots periodically.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

A few years ago i had a horse die of tetanus, it was a horrible sight!!

Yes Tetanus is VERY nasty. I have had a couple young animals die from it during the window between Mom's passive immunity and their first vaccines - NOT PRETTY.

One reason you may have been offered a shot twice is because there are TWO different shots.

One is Tetanus Antitoxin used to provide passive antibodies for castration on week old animals or for nasty wounds. The other is Tetanus Toxoid. That is the actual vaccine used to make your body produce its own antibodies.

If you got a "large dose" of bacteria it can some times over whelm your immunity from the vaccine. That is why my vet ALWAYS give my animals Antitoxin when they are cut no matter what the status of their vaccinations.

I have a bottle of each sitting in the fridge

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Cats do need Rabies shots, maybe you are just thinking of "indoor cats."

We had a problem with rabid raccoons in my state. My vet told me CATS are the most dangerous rabid animal because they will go for your head when they attack. A bite near the head is almost alway fatal because the shots do not have time to work before the disease reaches the brain.

ALL the cats in my neighborhood get shot - one way or another. My horses and other animals also got rabies vaccine when I lived in that state.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The only healthy thing about vaccines is the profits

My sister was perfectly healthy up to the age of 8 years, she was then given the anti tetanus vaccine, she seemed ok for the next couple of weeks, then gradually her skin started to dry up on her hands and her fingers started to bend forward like those of an old person. Within the next 6 months we started to realize I could run faster than her (I was 1.5 years younger), then gradually all her muscles tightened up and she started to walk around like an old lady. She kept going to school as much as she could, in her teens she spent most of her years in bed until eventually she died at the age of 21.

The doctors used to describe it as "A Mystery Illness" and never had a good explanation. They knew it was an autoimmune disease (where the immune system attacks the body) but they couldn't explain what caused it.

The problem with vaccines is that it's completely unnatural to inject substances directly into the blood steam, so nature doesn't work as intended, the body expects to be able to filter what goes into the blood supply i.e. it has to go in through the mouth first then the body can decide if it should be allowed to enter the blood. Everyone's immune system is different, but the immune systems of young children are the most unpredictible. In my sister's case she created antibodies to one of the substances in the vaccine which was being used as a preservative, the problem being that this subtance also occurs naturally in the muscles and joints, meaning that for the rest of her life her immune system attacked her own body.

The Pharms aren't going to start funding research into autoimmune diseases caused by vaccination as this would be counterproductive; they are only after profits. They will instead fund getting laws changed so as they can not be held responsible when a person realizes a vaccine has caused an autoimmune disease.

Most people with autoimmune diseases don't know that it was a vaccine that caused it, they are normally told "A Mystery Illness", that way they don't sue and the general public don't find out what vaccines are capable of.

The next time you meet someone with an autoimmune disease ask them when it started and if they can remember if they had received a vaccine around the same time. You'll be amazed by the look on their face as they suddenly become aware of where the "Mystery Illness" really came from

A lot of people are waking up to the fact that vaccines are causing more harm than good, but the mainstream media have deals with the Pharms so those who are not educated or informed will continue to play Russian Roulette as they dance with the Pied Piper.

edit on 4-1-2011 by jameshawkings because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jameshawkings

The doctors used to describe it as "A Mystery Illness" and never had a good explanation. They knew it was an autoimmune disease (where the immune system attacks the body) but they couldn't explain what caused it.

Sounds like it could have been Guillan-Barre, It hit my wife in High School just after a Hepatitis and Flu , combination. She recovered after about a year with blood tranfusions and therapy, but she couldn't walk for awhile. She still has otehr autoimmune problems like celiacs disease, but they are not nearly as serious.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
I went to the Dr. this morning for my annual physical. While there I received a tetanus booster (it's been 15 years since my last). Anyhow, my Dr. also asked me if I had received the flu vaccine this year. I told the Dr. that I have not and that I will not. My Dr. replied by saying "you probably don't need it anyway". I was kind of surprised by that response.

It is not unusual for an MD to say that.

Flu shots are typically recommended first to those who have a compromised immune system -- those who are elderly, those with Diabetes, other health issues.

Chances are, you are under the age of 40 -- and in general good health. No need to be surprised by his comment.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Nothing in this post provides evidence that the vaccine did anything to your sister. Autoimmune disorders are more common in females (often by a ratio of over 2:1), so it's not unheard of for a sister to be affected by such a disorder, while her brother isn't.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
I went to the Dr. this morning for my annual physical. While there I received a tetanus booster (it's been 15 years since my last). Anyhow, my Dr. also asked me if I had received the flu vaccine this year. I told the Dr. that I have not and that I will not. My Dr. replied by saying "you probably don't need it anyway". I was kind of surprised by that response.

He asks as it's easy money for him on top of his salary, but he knows you don't really need it and that people who receive the flu vaccine are statistically more likely to catch flu. The Pharms of course claim not to track that particular statistic, but of course if the statistic was favorable they would shove it in your face every Winter.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jameshawkings
people who receive the flu vaccine are statistically more likely to catch flu.

Please cite this data.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa

Nothing in this post provides evidence that the vaccine did anything to your sister. Autoimmune disorders are more common in females (often by a ratio of over 2:1), so it's not unheard of for a sister to be affected by such a disorder, while her brother isn't.

When someone healthy goes down of with a "Mystery Illness" after a vaccine, how do we go about proving it wasn't just a coincidence? I spoke with one of the experts on the disease in Cambridge while he was treating my sister, he was the first person to bring up the anti tetanus vaccine and the fact she had received it only weeks before the symptoms started. There is also the paper linking the two as I've posted above.

We have to keep open-minds and maybe what happened to my sister would have happened anyway, but it's also important not to write off the possibility that vaccines are causing autoimmune diseases and the huge increase of Special Needs children.

On this forum I can't prove or make you believe anything, but if you are interested and know of someone who went down with a "Mystery" autoimmune disease, try to find out if they had a vaccine just before. (as a chap I spoke to just 1 week ago had).

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Seasonal flu shot may increase H1N1 risk

Preliminary research suggests the seasonal flu shot may put people at greater risk for getting swine flu, CBC News has learned.

Four Canadian studies involved about 2,000 people, health officials told CBC News. Researchers found people who had received the seasonal flu vaccine in the past were more likely to get sick with the H1N1 virus.

Read more: www.cbc.ca...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

When someone healthy goes down of with a "Mystery Illness" after a vaccine, how do we go about proving it
wasn't just a coincidence?

Science, logic, evidence...any of these would do.

I spoke with one of the experts on the disease in Cambridge while he was treating my sister

Of course you did...

There is also the paper linking the two as I've posted above.

There is a paper LOOSELY linking a SINGLE case of this to the tetanus vaccine. Don't you think that, if it were more common, there would have been more than one paper about it in the last 30 years?

We have to keep open-minds and maybe what happened to my sister would have happened anyway, but it's also important not to write off the possibility that vaccines are causing autoimmune diseases and the huge increase of Special Needs children.

So, it's NOT okay to "write off the possibility" that vaccines are bad, but it IS okay to go ahead and assume there is a link between these vaccines and disorders, without any evidence to support this claim?

What a load of hypocritical bull.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Seasonal flu shot may increase H1N1 risk

It's interesting that you purposely stopped quoting at this part:

This is some evidence that has been floated. It hasn't been validated yet, it's very preliminary," cautioned Dr. Don Low, microbiologist-in-chief at Mount Sinai Hospital in Toronto.

It's important to validate the information, which has not been peer reviewed, to make sure it's not just a fluke, and that the observation is confirmed elsewhere such as in the Southern Hemisphere, which just completed its seasonal flu season, or in the U.S. and UK.

So, in fact, there is NO evidence that those who receive the flu vaccine are at greater risk. There a re a small number of unconfirmed and unreviewed studies that claim this, but nothing has come of them.

That's what I thought.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

By the way I come from a large family; 4 brothers and 3 sisters, no one else went down with the autoimmune disease and no other relatives have.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

By the way I come from a large family; 4 brothers and 3 sisters, no one else went down with the autoimmune disease and no other relatives have.

That's still entirely within the realm of autoimmune disorders. De novo mutations occur every generation and in every pregnancy.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join