It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tetanus Vaccine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
So long story short I was drunk and put my hand through glass. I learned glass is bad. Later at the hospital I learned glass is bad again as I got 7 stitches in my hand. Still being in my intoxicated state I was offered a Tetanus vaccine. They knew I was intoxicated because I told them I was intoxicated before, after and during the shot. I guess alcohol has no affect on the vaccine but Im not a doctor. As im leaving the hospital I hear the vaccine being offered to others.

Now it wasnt until I slept it off that I remembered two things. The first of course being glass is bad and the second was Mr. Bill Gates standing up infront of an audience telling them that "we can lower the world's population with vaccines". Well Tetanus is bad right? Well in my curiousity i found this: vanshardware.com...

Now Im sure ive already had this shot when I was a kid but that wouldve been 20+ years ago. I walked back into the hospital today because they wanted to check on the cut and possibly remove the stitches but after pulling up my records they offered me another shot? Now you see I just got a shot last week ...you have my records pulled up. Why are you asking me to take another? As Im walking out I again hear another doctor offering the shot to someone else.

My question is what did I take? Ive been searching the web and so far thats the only article I can find on that shot. Why are hospitals pushing this shot so much... or is it just my overactive imagination? Is this vaccine safe?

Edit: I found a little bit more information so was considering removing this, but since someone flagged it Ill just keep it up. If anyone has any more information or a personal experience to post on this vaccine Id really like to read it.
edit on 3-1-2011 by AndrewJay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AndrewJay

I dont know a lot about vaccines but what i do know is that the Tetannus vaccine needs to be boosted every 10 years or so. I guess that would explain why you got it at the hospital but i'm curious as to why you were offered it again.

Under the freedom of information act, you are entitled to read your own medical notes, i suggest you make an appointment with your GP and ask to see your file. They have to give it to you, that way you can see what you were injected with.
edit on 3/1/11 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
jrmcleod is correct, but with just a minor correction. It's HIPAA that guarantees you the right to read and obtain copies of your own medical records. They can charge you "reasonable copy fees," but they must provide it to you upon request.

Tetanus is a bacterial infection (also called lockjaw) and a person usually gets it through a break in the skin, like stepping on a nail, or like you, putting your hand through glass. The recommendation is to have a tetanus booster every 10 years. But, when a person goes into the ER with an injury like that, they will usually give another tetanus booster if you haven't had one in the past 5 years.

I have no idea why they would ask you to receive a second tetanus shot only a week after they already gave you one though. That would be much too soon for another booster. Are you sure that the first shot they gave you was a tetanus shot? Could the first one have been an antibiotic shot maybe? Either that, or the hospital that you went to is keeping terrible records to not realize that they had already given you a tetanus booster the week before.

edit on 1/3/2011 by sapient because: can't spell

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapient
jrmcleod is correct, but with just a minor correction. It's HIPAA that guarantees you the right to read and obtain copies of your own medical records. They can charge you "reasonable copy fees," but they must provide it to you upon request.

Tetanus is a bacterial infection (also called lockjaw) and a person usually gets it through a break in the skin, like stepping on a nail, or like you, putting your hand through glass. The recommendation is to have a tetanus booster every 10 years. But, when a person goes into the ER with an injury like that, they will usually give another tetanus booster if you haven't had one in the past 5 years.

I have no idea why they would ask you to receive a second tetanus shot only a week after they already gave you one though. That would be much too soon for another booster. Are you sure that the first shot they gave you was a tetanus shot? Could the first one have been an antibiotic shot maybe? Either that, or the hospital that you went to is keeping terrible records to not realize that they had already given you a tetanus booster the week before.

edit on 1/3/2011 by sapient because: can't spell

Nope the woman said here is the Tetanus booster as she stuck the needle in my arm. It was a week to the day that I went back and they had my records opened on the computer and offered me another shot. I told them I just had it a week ago and they said oh ok. I could probably walk in and get one everyday if I wanted to.

Edit: For the record i know what tetanus is and what the shot is for. My concern is the article I linked to as well as just how safe the actual shot is. Ive heard horror stories about the h1n1 vaccine as well as studies linking vaccines to autism in children. The side effects and what is actually in the shot is what concerns me.
edit on 3-1-2011 by AndrewJay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Well you can either decide to believe the white-coats and the medical system which has been for several years now America's leading cause of death, or you can do some thorough research on the rather dismal history of the vaccine scam and the very frightening implications of what is being done today and planned for the future.

IMO after 2 decades of research on the subject, NO vaccine is safe, effective and/or necessary, and there are WITHOUT EXCEPTION, cheaper, safer and more effective alternatives.

But don't take my word for it, there are plenty of well informed sources from both the 'natural medicine' world and whistle-blowers from within the medical mafia who could no-longer 'look the other way'.

If I could go back in time, one of the things on my list would be to avoid the shots personally and the damage done to my own body, but since I can't do that, at least I can protect my children from exposure.
edit on 3/1/11 by RogerT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
You have just fallen into the biggest Marketing Campaign in the World, the one where Pharmaceuticals are "Pushers" and control their "Dealers"!

Check out this article, it is on Tetanus and who makes it, it also details that they have "Exclusivity" to their "Creation". Yikes!

Merck Obtains Exclusive Rights to Market and Distribute MassBiologics' Tetanus-Diphtheria (Td) Vaccine in the U.S.

MassBiologics (MBL) of the University of Massachusetts Medical School and Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE: MRK) announced today that they have entered into an agreement that provides Merck with exclusive rights to market and distribute MBL's tetanus and diphtheria toxoids adsorbed (Td) vaccine in the United States, with the exception of Massachusetts, where MBL will continue distributing the vaccine. Merck plans to begin distributing the Td vaccine in June 2010. Specific financial details of the agreement were not disclosed.

Is that too creepy?

My concerns with any Vaccine made today is what is the suspension they are using. There are several that are not as inert as they claim and contain toxic amounts of Aluminum. The perfect metal for "dumbing down" the populace. We already know that Aluminum is taken into the Brain and as a result causes Alzheimer's. No Thank You, but then again, my last Tetanus was in 2004! Double-Yikes!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT
do some thorough research on the rather dismal history of the vaccine scam

And what a dismal history it is:

- Eliminating small pox from ALL nations
- Reducing paralytic polio to zero in most first world nations
- Saving countless infants from one of the most common forms of encephalitis (H. flu)
- Reducing measles and rubella to nearly non-existent status in the first world
- Sparing countless children from deafness caused by mumps
- Reducing the severity and frequency of pertussis
- Reducing the rate of death from influenze in infants and the elderly

Can you remind me again how many similar events were achieved by homeopathy and naturopathy? I'll need verifiable data, by the way, not some blog or personal site of some snake oil salesman claiming he has "cured a million people of cancer" with no proof other than his word.
edit on 1/3/2011 by VneZonyDostupa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I went to the Dr. this morning for my annual physical. While there I received a tetanus booster (it's been 15 years since my last). Anyhow, my Dr. also asked me if I had received the flu vaccine this year. I told the Dr. that I have not and that I will not. My Dr. replied by saying "you probably don't need it anyway". I was kind of surprised by that response.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This thread immediately reminded me of the the tetanus Vaccine trials in the nineties that took place in south america and the phillippines given to only women of child bearing age and laces with HCG (female hormone when pregnant) and effectively sterilizing them. The "tetanus"vaccines secretly had the hormone in the vaccine thereby making the women reject this natural and necessary hormone when they became pregnant and so would all miscarry.

www.thinktwice.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Just like all the different flus over the years, diseases come and go. Some believe that many of the diseases you mention did just that, went away on their own, it probably helps that we live in a cleaner environment than days of old.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
I went to the Dr. this morning for my annual physical. While there I received a tetanus booster (it's been 15 years since my last). Anyhow, my Dr. also asked me if I had received the flu vaccine this year. I told the Dr. that I have not and that I will not. My Dr. replied by saying "you probably don't need it anyway". I was kind of surprised by that response.

If you're not under 5 years or over 55, you don't really need it. Most doctors ask because some people prefer to have it every year. The only high risk groups, though, are the age ranges I mentioned above and immunocompromised folks.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

Just like all the different flus over the years, diseases come and go. Some believe that many of the diseases you mention did just that, went away on their own, it probably helps that we live in a cleaner environment than days of old.

Well, then "some people" need to do some research and learn how statistics works. There's a reason we saw sharp decreases in every nation using a given vaccine (all occuring in different years) shortly after the vaccine for that disease was introduced.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
My doctor is telling me its time to renew my tetnis shot.

She wants to harrass me again for it in the summer. I dont think im gonna get it.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I can tell you WHY they are pushing the tetanus vaccine so much right now. It isn't even because of the tetanus, but pertusis.

Most tetanus 'boosters' are DPT...Diptheria, Pertusis and Tetanus. Depending on where you live, there has been a huge increase in Pertusis in some States. One of the reasons (they are saying) is because it turns out the original shots seems to wear off after awhile.

I got a letter home from school earlier this year telling me my daughter was out of compliance for her shots. When I called and spoke to the school nurse I was informed the CDC changed their guidelines a year or two ago (after my son was out of elementary school). I signed a waver. She had a series of these shots as a child, the last one in kindergarten so I am NOT giving her another one. I think it unecessary.

Let me add I work in an ER and have seen a lot/hear a lot. I have never had a flu shot and never will.

My children had all thier childhood vaccines...but not any boosters or flu shots.

Pertusis is basically a nuisance for anyone over a couple years old. For infants it can be very dangerous. If you are around infants it is recomended to get the booster. There is a HUGE push though right now to give it to EVERYONE even though the data behind supporting this push is very, very weak.

I think it has to do with so many people coming into this country without vaccines...this is where most of the cases are found.
edit on 3-1-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

www.whale.to...

Here is an article on how polio was showing signs of diminishing before the vaccine came around and then there appeared to be an increase again.

Not saying every vaccine has been for nothing, but some for sure.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
I can tell you WHY they are pushing the tetnus vaccine so much right now. It isn't even because of the tetnus, but pertusis

This could very well be it. The recent outbreak in California has been linked both to unvaccinated children, as well as parents whose DPT immunity has worn off, allowing them to transmit it to infants too young to have received their first TDaP.

Good catch.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

This is one of things that just really ticks me off.

If there is an increase in Pertusis, and they think it is dangerous enough to push the vaccine than just SAY SO.

How about they start a campaign, and offer JUST THE PERTUSSIS SHOT? Instead, they don't tell you why, and give you a COMBO shot of three vaccines that you DON"T EVEN NEED.

WHY? The same answer as always: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
All conspiracy issues asside, you don't want to get tetanus...

A few years ago i had a horse die of tetanus, it was a horrible sight!!

Stiff as a board, she had to be put down unfortunatly. Once you contract the bacteria, you have about 7 days, at that point once the bacteria litterally rules your body...theres only a 75% chance of surviving...and the chance you have some sort of perma damage at that point is even higher.

Believe me, get the shot if you need it...you don't wanna take your chances with tetanus

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Last summer I got a Tetanus shot booster at my request. I hadn't had one since ? 35 plus years ago.
I volunteer occassionally at the Horse Rescue and I like to ride horses in the states and have in Ireland.
If you are around horses and other farm animals it is a good idea to be up to date with this. Immunity against
Tetanus, because sooner or later you'll have a cut doing barn chores. There were two types of the shot. Tetanus only, or a combo shot. The combo shot costs more. I did Tetanus only. The site of the injection was really sore for a week. At one point my ER doctor in law said they stopped making Tetanus vaccines, but this was several years ago, and I am not sure he knew what he was talking about.
edit on 3-1-2011 by frugal because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2011 by frugal because: bad spelling

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewJay

It is concerning that they offered you the shot a second time, but did they "offer" it, or did they just ask you if you had one within the last 10 years?

I regularly find myself needing a tetanus shot. I typically do my own first aid, bandaging, even stitches, but I still go to the ER for a tetanus shot every few years. Not all vaccines are bad, just the unnecessary ones, and just the ones they give tiny infants.

Here is my recommendation for all infant and children vaccines, this advice comes from a combination of Neurologists, EEG operators, nurses, and family practitioners, as well as my own research in helping my baby to recover from an adverse reaction:

1. Do not allow your doctor to give a series of shots to a tiny infant all at one time. Demand one shot per week.
2. Do not allow your doctor to use "multi-dose vials" for the vaccine. Demand a "single-dose vial" for your child.
3. Delay any vaccines until your child is of a healthy weight and size. They gave my baby shots at only 2 pounds, and then followed up with 5 shots in one day in a 5 lb baby, that led directly to "infantile spasms."

I think vaccines are a good thing, but I think doctors are overly careless with how they administer them. Despite what they tell you, Thimesoral is still present in multi-dose vials as a preservative. It is also present in flu vaccines. With basic understanding of the vaccination process, and a little proactiveness in seeking out a doctor that will comply with your requests, you can have the best of both worlds. You can vaccinate your child and avoid most adverse reactions.

Luckily, my child has made a full recovery after 2 years of struggling. His story is rare, and it is the result of top notch care and follow up. We had to fire the first neurologist, seek out a nationally reknowned one, travel hundreds of miles every week, and personally manage the care, but now he is a healthy 3 year old. Some other children that we met when this first happened have either passed on, or have failed to develop appropriately due to trusting the first diagnosis and first doctor recommendation.

It is imperative that we each manage our own care, and demand the best possible care for our loved ones. It does not take extra money, it takes extra diligence. We didn't spend one dime extra, but we spent many hours, and I was accosted by police and security on two different occasions before I got my way, but my child is healthy where others are not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join